Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime (1351 Views)

Gionee S10c Deducting My Airtime / How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent / Airtel Keeps Deducting My Airtime!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2020
Hi guys. Few days ago I got a message from mtn that they have a deal for me.
They told me to recharge with a pin I've forgotten(*61 something *recharge card numbers#) #100 and I'll be given #900 for national calls and extra #300 for data. I went out to buy #100 card and recharged it using that code they told me to use and I was actually given the #900 and #300 they promised. But, my joy was soon shortlived because the #900 finished after only 3calls that didn't even last upto 30minutes. The other #300 they said was meant for data I couldn't use it to subscribe, I knew mtn have scammed me at that moment.

The main wahala then began...
Since that time everytime I recharged my mtn sim my money gets deducted unnecessarily, I don't remember borrowing money from them. Yesterday I recharged #1500 and decided to wait until evening before subscribing with it but mtn deducted the money within few minutes, I was shocked to the marrow.
This morning I just recharged another amount now and I used half of it to subscribe, I checked again after few minutes and the leftover was already deducted by mtn again.

I'm confused now. I've dialed *446# to check if I was unknowingly subscribed to any service that is now draining my airtime but from the pop up I found out I wasn't subscribed to any active service yet my airtime keeps dissappearing everytime I recharge since Thursday.

I called mtn customer care line but they were just saying rubbish not related to my problem.

What do you guys advise I should do now? Mtn is my main browsing line.
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by YoonSung72: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2020
hmmm
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by Kingdemi212019: 9:02am On Dec 12, 2020
Sue their ass you can cash out for Christmas
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2020
This is really frustrating. I wanted to make a complaint to their twitter handle but it seems twitter has suspended my account(probably because I'm not active, I only login when I want to look up certain trends once in a while).
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by edoairways: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2020
Plead your airtime was partition into two. N900 worth of airtime for calls and N300 worth of airtime for data. You can't buy data when you use that ussd code
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by osamz007: 9:47am On Dec 12, 2020
MTN ARE THIEVES THOUGH
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by Pofgrace(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by Pofgrace(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2020
Plead:
Hi guys. Few days ago I got a message from mtn that they have a deal for me.

The main wahala then began...

I'm confused now. I've dialed *446# to check if I was unknowingly subscribed to any service that is now draining my airtime but from the pop up I found out I wasn't subscribed to any active service yet my airtime keeps dissappearing everytime I recharge since Thursday.

I called mtn customer care line but they were just saying rubbish not related to my problem.

What do you guys advise I should do now? Mtn is my main browsing line.
Call ncc for them they will damage your phone with call after complaining
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 12, 2020
edoairways:
Plead your airtime was partition into two. N900 worth of airtime for calls and N300 worth of airtime for data. You can't buy data when you use that ussd code

Yeah. Why did they start deducting my airtime anytime I recharge though? It seems as if they're trying to recover that #900 and #300.

Mtn is a useless network
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by CallmeKola(m): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2020
Am I the only one who doesn't experience these things? Personally, I think MTN is actually a very good network. Good call rates and data plans.
PS. I'm not a paid promoter or anything.
Sorry you're going through this though.
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by edoairways: 11:16am On Dec 12, 2020
Plead:

Yeah. Why did they start deducting my airtime anytime I recharge though? It seems as if they're trying to recover that #900 and #300.

Mtn is a useless network
How do you recharge ie the ussd code you use for recharging?
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2020
edoairways:

How do you recharge ie the ussd code you use for recharging?

I've been using the normal *555*recharge digits# since that time. I used that code they sent me only once.
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by akin83590: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
MTN ARE THIEVES THOUGH
Re: Mtn Unnecessarily Deducting My Airtime by charlesm91(m): 11:58am On Dec 15, 2020
my own na this youtube night data them dey give when one subscribes for a data plan. But yet when it's time to use it they still manage to bill me from my main data which is shitty.

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 For Sale / Mediatek Dethrones Qualcomm To Become World’s Biggest Smartphone Chipset Vendor / Nokia 6 Phone For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.