Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,628 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

gone - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / gone (6172 Views)

Help Help!!! My Brother Visa Is About To Gone While He's Still In Nigeria. / Have You Gone To Bayelsa State Before?. / gone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

gone by macmoyor(m): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2011
Deleted
Re: gone by JagaJaga1: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
Which school in Norway gave u admission becos i applied to Uni Stavanger in Norway and they said that they will notify applicants of their admission status by May 1st.

I will also like to know the range of ur CGPA
Re: gone by macmoyor(m): 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
Gone
Re: gone by Vicjustice: 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
macmoyor:

Hello NLs,

I am in a dilemma,I got 2  masters degree (computer science)admission to Canada and Norway university starting in September and August respectively.
I am having hard time to choose my destination,interns of getting PR , better life and post graduate work after my studies.
I am also a football player,so am looking at the possibility of playing football for money too after or during my studies.
please,for any NL in here who is any of this country,let me hear your suggestion on which way to go and why,
God bless
   I'd choose Canada for language reason, and for their multicultural and multiracial society, and also for the size of the country compared to its low population
Re: gone by macmoyor(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ VC

thanks for your input, I appreciate ,
but can one make it big financially in Canada with normal work ? are you living in Canada?
Re: gone by Vicjustice: 1:44am On Mar 26, 2011
macmoyor:

@ VC

thanks for your input, I appreciate ,
but can one make it big financially in Canada with normal work ? are you living in Canada?
   No, i'm not living in Canada, but my immediate elder brother lives there, and i have visited a couple of times.
   Though, Norway is a very great country, but Canada is argueably the best country in the whole world and it is preferable to Norway in many regards, and for a person from Nigeria, Canada versus Norway is a mismatch; you'd feel more at home in Canada than you would in Norway.
   Read more at: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: gone by macmoyor(m): 8:18am On Mar 26, 2011
thanks much VJ,
Other NL in Norway?, how is like there.?,
Re: gone by Davedavy: 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2011
macmoyor:

Hello NLs,

I am in a dilemma,I got 2  masters degree (computer science)admission to Canada and Norway university starting in September and August respectively.
I am having hard time to choose my destination,interns of getting PR , better life and post graduate work after my studies.
I am also a football player,so am looking at the possibility of playing football for money too after or during my studies.
please,for any NL in here who is any of this country,let me hear your suggestion on which way to go and why,
God bless

Canada is better if you are considering getting a PR but In Canada,you pay tution fee,while in Norway, you pay no tuition fee.If you can afford it,i will advice you to go to Canada.Norway is a great country no doubt,but not as diverse as Canada and moreover,it will be hard for you initially since you do not speak Norwegian.
Re: gone by suxes2005(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2011
@OP, I agree with VicJustice on his own view
As for me, I would rather advice you choose Norway
cos of your dream as a footballer if realy you wanna pursue
the dream.

I dont really know much about making it as a footballer in
Canada but in Norway there are opportunities for you

SHALOM
Re: gone by macmoyor(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2011
much love mates(suxes2005 ,Davedavy ,Vicjustice) i do appreciate all your thoughts.
@suxes, i want to pursue the ftball dream,hope it will be really possible in Norway if i enter with student visa(Of cos i wan tidy my master program too).
Do Norway accept immigrants/backs liberally without much discrimination?
I need more info's mates about life in these countries,i am currently in Malaysia and i want to avoid a replica of the same situation here in my next movement.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: gone by ifegy: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2011
If you're thinking of immigrating and living long term, Canada is a good choice. You mention you have a master's degree so I assume you have some work experience. You can therefore take advantage of the immigration procedures and pursue permanent residency, once you arrive. This will allow you to live and work here, and pursue citizenship should you wish. As well, check the Canadian government's immigration website for the procedures in place for international students who wish to immigrate, as the process has been made more favorable recently for foreign students.
As well, Canadian society is committed to multiculturalism and open to diversity, so you would likely have an easier time fitting in.
Plus there are no language issues, as the official languages are English and French. The vast majority are English speaking or Bilingual, with French spoken mainly in the provinces of Quebec, New Brunswick and in the northern part of the province of Ontario.
As for pursuing the football career, well, Canada is not a football powerhouse, although there is a soccer team in Toronto, Toronto FC, and you can check their website for more info about that.
I don't know how committed you are to football, but if you would consider that that could be a short term pursuit compared to the rest of your life, it might be wise to plan long term, and for that I'd definitely recommend Canada.

1 Like

Re: gone by Markenny(m): 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2011
@poster i will not adivse but i will tell u little about norway
i was in norway(oslo) last  year for one month,for my own norway is a bullshit conutry
first the black in norway nerva talk to each other,and incase u havnt check norway is second in
the list of most expensive conutry,one bottle of gas water cost 10kone about 5euro
,in germany it cost 35cent and 25cent fant,austria it cost 90cent,i cant afford there hotel so i slept in the
bahnhof(train station)for 3 days and  the last days in asylum camp,if say hallo to black in english he will
speak french,speak french there will turn to dutch.the weather over there is not predictable,and it cold like hell
the speak english and norwagen,there guys and girls are friendly to blacks,if u are goin there for footbal gud luck
but for schoolin make sure u have soruce of income.and norway is vry vry vry small and boaring country.i hate myself
when i was there. beside nothing is happein there much, if u are guy man,,
Re: gone by ChScott(m): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2011
I will advice you to go to Norway
Re: gone by suxes2005(m): 10:31am On Mar 27, 2011
@OP, you have read it from people with experience
i guess you are in the best position to choose what you
want. Plan for long time oooo

SHALOM
Re: gone by macmoyor(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
Gone
Re: gone by JagaJaga1: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2011
@Macmoyor you mentioned both Uni stavanger and bergen. I will like to know which one in particular gave u admission.

Is your CGPA on a scale of 5.00.

If u choose Norway, then u are very sure of getting a visa. Canada is not too sure. I'll advise u to choose Norway becos it is free and you can also pursue ur football dreams (killing 2 birds with one stone). You can always go to canada for your Ph.D if u want to.
Re: gone by ojdollars(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2011
Great thread, keep this advise coming, I did learn something from this thread smiley
Re: gone by succelo: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
I stongly believe in Ifegy's view, I think he had said it all. A little is enough for the wise. The sooner you decide its better for you. Cheers!
Re: gone by macmoyor(m): 2:49am On Aug 24, 2014
Deleted

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To Abuja, The Los Angeles Of Africa / Aviation Unions Vow To Ground Flights February 8 Over Minimum Wage Others / tourist attraction centers in lagos state for a visiting white american???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.