Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. (1371 Views)

300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? / Poland Work Visa / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2020
My cousin paid an agent to secure an Australian work visa for him. She charged 800k and he was already paid 300k (to pay the balance when the Visa is out).
She says it will take 9 weeks to process it.

She says that it is a 3-years work visa that comes with a job and accommodation.
My cousin is only an SSCE holder and has no professional skills. So I asked him to find out what kind of jobs are available for him there but she didn't give a specific answer. She just says 'there are jobs'.

I'd like to know the opinion of guys who have experiences with dealing with travel agents, or who have tried traveling to Australia or who are currently in Australia.

Is it possible for an SSCE holder without a professional skill to get a 3 years work visa (with accommodation) to Australia?

I told him that I don't trust the agent, but I might be wrong. So I await your responses and I'll show the thread to my cousin so he can read and learn.

Thanks guys
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2020
Una egungun don finally enter express

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by coolsegun2002: 7:48am On Dec 13, 2020
Australian Visa, with job and accommodation, 800k....awoof they run belle, omo, una go purge

The agent and his friends laughing at ur brother’s epic gullibility below..

7 Likes

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Nbotee(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2020
In the next couple of weeks dey'll ask for more money and den U'll b stuck with whether to believe dem a d part with more money or ask for a refund

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 13, 2020
Thanks for the responses. Now I'm thinking about the best way to at least recover some of the money back.

Please I need more responses. I will forward the link to him so that he read and see for himself.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2020
How will she secure a "professional" job + accomodation for him - an SSCE holder without any skill - with 800k? Doesn't sound legit to me.

My advice is that you halt paying her any money for now and if possible, try to recover the one you have paid already. After that, you can save up more money and apply for study visa in tution-free countries.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Brawlscartel(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2020
Oni cc
Load am
Cash out 300k
U get sure client lock am op cousin
If e nr get money leave am���

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by steeltrust: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2020
greed go kill many Nigerians
800k to go Australia even south Africa sef 800k never move you na con Australia
that serves him right

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Ade3131: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2020
The only logical response to your question is an emphatic NO. But on the other hand, let's say they wanna get your brother a seasonal fruit picker job or some farm related job in Australia (which is not possible being for Nigerian nationals), we might wanna say let's give the agent a benefit of doubt. Phillipines, Jamaicans and Ukrainians are the ones mostly recruited for such jobs and govt of these countries already have an MOU in place for their citizens.

Las Las, it's a lady that is scamming your cousin. That's the summary of it all
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Matheusmartin: 10:27am On Dec 13, 2020
That 300k Don enter voice mail

U and your cousin bro should be wiser next time.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Oracleforce: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2020
Op has done father Christmas for a fraudulent travel agent...
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by mogbolade39317: 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
That 300k Don enter voice mailU and your cousin bro should be wiser next time.
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by We4all: 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
Why do people use those fake travel agents to process visa? Compel her to define the type of work visa she is processing, and if you don't get a reasonable response, get the police to arrest her asap.

By the way, your cousin can try the student route. There are so many opportunities for undergraduates overseas.
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Darey00(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
Lmaoooo. This one na sure client. 300k lọ́fẹ̀ lófò grin angry tongue
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2020
Thanks for the responses guys, I've sent this link to him and he is convinced it is a scam. Now we are currently trying to recover the money paid.

it's a shame.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by yemmywesey(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
masquerade don enter lagoon
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
yemmywesey:
masquerade don enter lagoon
No be lie, I wish he told me beforehand. Currently, we're trying to recover the money back. I hope it works out.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by ednut1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
Agents will keep defrauding Nigerians. Too many stupid, gullible and desperate people.
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by dasparrow: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2020
Benzoway:
My cousin paid an agent to secure an Australian work visa for him. She charged 800k and he was already paid 300k (to pay the balance when the Visa is out).
She says it will take 9 weeks to process it.

She says that it is a 3-years work visa that comes with a job and accommodation.
My cousin is only an SSCE holder and has no professional skills. So I asked him to find out what kind of jobs are available for him there but she didn't give a specific answer. She just says 'there are jobs'.

I'd like to know the opinion of guys who have experiences with dealing with travel agents, or who have tried traveling to Australia or who are currently in Australia.

Is it possible for an SSCE holder without a professional skill to get a 3 years work visa (with accommodation) to Australia?

I told him that I don't trust the agent, but I might be wrong. So I await your responses and I'll show the thread to my cousin so he can read and learn.

Thanks guys

You've been scammed.
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by 4dor: 11:56am On Dec 14, 2020
Dem don scam you.
Re: Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. by xcelpro: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
Activist001:
How will she secure a "professional" job + accomodation for him - an SSCE holder without any skill - with 800k? Doesn't sound legit to me.

My advice is that you halt paying her any money for now and if possible, try to recover the one you have paid already. After that, you can save up more money and apply for study visa in tution-free countries.

Please can someone do a Master's program in a tuition free country?
And please which of the tuition free countries can you recommend?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent ! Best Shengen Country To Get Permits Needed By A Friend / Changi Airport (Singapore) Voted As The World's Best Airport! / Photo: Dad Spotted Carrying His Baby On His Back At UK Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.