Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,712 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Letter To Logistics Enterpreneurs And Enthusiasts - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Letter To Logistics Enterpreneurs And Enthusiasts (179 Views)

For Enthusiasts:2021 Camry VS 2021 Accord. Review / ....:::::GAZZUZZ LOGISTICS SERVICES ::::::::.... / For Mercedes enthusiasts ..Mercedes 2009 Ml350 4matic For Fast Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Logistics Enterpreneurs And Enthusiasts by ALABAEO(m): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2020
I AM GRIEVED

I'm not sure if I want to rant, shout, or speak calmly...

Not sure if this would make sense or long but please, read.

I'm already short of words sef.

Please, we need to be guided and professional in our dealings going forward!

If you're not sure of how to navigate your way as regards management and operations in this industry, ask questions. Meet professionals and experienced folks.

The rate of accidents and death of riders is becoming alarming ���. If you don't know, know now. The rough statistics is that not less than 10dispatch riders die or get involved in an accident daily.

Please, especially for the new bees in the system. Do not pressure your riders. Some of us don't even know how to handle crisis or pressure. How then won't you pressure the man with one wife and three children at home, facing risk and uncertainty, every day.

If you don't have
1. The ability to manage pressure (crisis management skills)
2. Multitasking skills
3. Good Communication Skills

Please, pack your load and shut down your business. Also, if you don't know how to say the truth, switch off from this industry.

There are basic things to know or do while trying to manage a crisis.
1. Say the truth (no matter what it is)
2. Apologise (not argue or try to feel right) and then, pacify the customer telling him the steps you're taking to manage the situation.

If you can't speak to the customer, tell someone to assist you. Look, if you don't have anyone, call me, I'll pacify the customer on your behalf (I've done this severally for people).

Don't switch off your phones on them or avoid their calls. These are the folks that disturb riders on the express because you that you're in the office or at home on a comfortable chair has failed to respond.

Say the truth: This is not the truth relative to morals as it were but the truth, as it's, relates to your business integrity.

You can't pick up, you can't pick up. Don't allow 1.5k or 'patapata' 2k GREED to put you or your rider in mess.

Please, avoid giving your customers riders number (seems we don't understand this, I'll explain). Many people will say that shebi the rider will call, yes, he will.

However, do you know we are all lazy to add a number to our contacts?

Hence, whenever you send your rider's number as a text or WhatsApp message to your customer, they can always access it easily not just by calling the rider while on his job but also by calling him for side jobs. But when the rider calls randomly, they almost would not even remember that's the particular number that called them.

UTILIZE BULK SMS SERVICE!!! To send messages if need be especially when there's a crisis that'll affect a large number of sender and reciepient.

INSURE YOUR BIKES: I am concluding here that if your bikes do not have comprehensive insurance, you're unprofessional and wicked (to yourself anyway). Also, the rider's insurance (especially accident insurance, it works like HMO).

Create amazing work policies for your riders. Let them feel like they have a future. Don't overwork them!

Finally, save yourself from the hassle, register your business as a LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY and not as a BUSINESS NAME!!!

These and many more the small issues that would make the Government Step into our case next year if we are not careful. Hence, the whole thing would go back to the hands of DHL, UPS, TRANEX, and FEDEX

Thank you for listening �

E.O ALABA
THE LOGISTICS CONSULTANT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Clean Toyota For 1.6 Million This December / Transporter Volkswagen Bus LTE Available For Logistics / 08 Camry Available Now In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.