Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

A Simple Question For Christians. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Question For Christians. (456 Views)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
Why do you believe in the story of Moses dropping a stick that turned into a snake in seconds but do not believe that humans evolved from ancient Apes in million years?

Please I will only attend to objective answers.
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Why do you believe in the story of Moses dropping a stick that turned into a snake in seconds but do not believe that humans evolved from ancient Apes in million years?

Hi there.

The reason is the same as why I might believe a doctor that an analgesic would be enough to cure my headache while rejecting a proven charlatan's advise to drink chicken blood to cure the same thing. In short, the source of the claim is the determinant factor.

I believe the Bible because it is the Word of God and God cannot lie or be mistaken. Men, on the other hand, have a strong tendency to lies and arrogant oversight, so I can't trust a man that completely.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:

Because Moses did not do it by his own will or pleasure and desire, he did not even want to go there. But because A Powerful Person Commanded him to do that!

The Evolution poo came up because people like you can not afford to allow people know The Truth, for you would no longer be able to Steal the Properties of Other people and make Unlawful Gains, so you all need to lie.

And your ground for Lying is because you saw that monkeys, chimps and co, look and resemble the man.

Therefore, it was very convenient to come up with the poo theory!

If that is so, it can also be argued that monkeys evolved from the man and all the watery poo that you guys spill in support can be equally placed on this side of the equation.
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

Hi there.

The reason is the same as why I might believe a doctor that an analgesic would be enough to cure my headache while rejecting a proven charlatan's advise to drink chicken blood to cure the same thing. In short, the source of the claim is the determinant factor.

I believe the Bible because it is the Word of God and God cannot lie or be mistaken. Men, on the other hand, have a strong tendency to lies and arrogant oversight, so I can't trust a man that completely.
This is a fallacy of faulty equivalence.

The scenario of a chicken blood is way out of it.
Saying you believe it because is the word of god is also a fallacy of begging the question (petitio princiipi) and also a god of gaps fallacy all together. I will explain:

In this concept, the argument is between the Bible and antibible, using the bible to make a point for your argument is a fallacy of begging the question because the Bible already assumes that your argument is correct.
It’s also a fallacy of “god of gaps” because you didn’t provide any logic argument that can explain why you don’t believe the latter, you literally just said the Bible is God’s word. Your bias’s is already known, there’s no point to repeat it in the answer.

Now, present logical approach as to why you should disbelieve evolution and accept Moses story knowing fully well that the opposition is already arguing against your Bible. You cannot use the Bible to make a point

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Because Moses did not do it by his own will or pleasure and desire, he did not even want to go there. But because A Powerful Person Commanded him to do that!

The Evolution poo came up because people like you can not afford to allow people know The Truth, for you would no longer be able to Steal the Properties of Other people and make Unlawful Gains, so you all need to lie.

And your ground for Lying is because you saw that monkeys, chimps and co, look and resemble the man.

If that is so, it can also be argued that monkeys evolved from the man and all the watery poo that you guys spill in support can be equally placed on this side of the equation.

So why do you think evolution didn’t also happen with the power Moses used?
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

commandment of which person if I may ask?
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
So why do you think scientist didn’t also do it with the power Moses used?

grin your scientists Never Claimed So and we already know that the power they used is the power of Observation which All Men have.

I Guarantee, you did not know that saying Scientists is Weakness for Science means To Know!
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin your scientists Never Claimed So and we already know that their power they used is the power of Observation which All Men have.

I Guarantee, you did not know that saying Scientists is Weakness for Science means To Know!
So I agree that a power made Moses magic happen, I also say that the same power made evolution happen.

How do you propose to disprove that the power didn’t make evolution happen without appealing to authority?
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
So I agree that a power made Moses magic happened, I also say that the same power made evolution happen.

How do you propose to disprove that the power didn’t make evolution happen without appealing to authority?

You can not say, for you are not the scientists who did the magic of evolution.

The scientists who did the magic of evolution CLEARLY SAID HE OBSERVED!

So, Dead on Arrival!
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
This is a fallacy of faulty equivalence.

The scenario of a chicken blood is way out of it.
Saying you believe it because is the word of god is also a fallacy of begging the question (petitio princiipi) and also a god of gaps fallacy all together. I will explain:

In this concept, the argument is between the Bible and antibible, using the bible to make a point for your argument is a fallacy of begging the question because the Bible already assumes that your argument is correct.
It’s also a fallacy of “god of gaps” because you didn’t provide any logic argument that can explain why you don’t believe the latter, you literally just said the Bible is God’s word. Your bias’s is already known, there’s no point to repeat it in the answer.

Now, present logical approach as to why you should disbelieve evolution and accept Moses story knowing fully well that the opposition is already arguing against your Bible. You cannot use the Bible to make a point

I think you misunderstood.

I know that your question was why I believed the Bible over evolutionary theories. My answer was that I was judging the sources of these claims and making my choices on the basis of their merits.

If you are restructuring your challenge to ask why I believe that the Bible is the Word of God, that is a different matter. If you are restructuring it even further to ask why I even believe that there is a God at all, that is still a different matter. I can answer both questions, but my previous answer was suited to the first question that you asked. There was no fallacy of false (not faulty) equivalence or one of begging the question of one of invoking a god of the gaps. I was not making false comparisons or assuming the thing I needed to prove or accounting for some gap in human knowledge. If you think I was, you will need to demonstrate to me and other readers how I was.

So, I need you to decide exactly what question you want me to answer. If you wish for me to address your opening challenge in this thread, then I have. If you have some other challenge you wish to make, then please let me know so that I can try to reasonably attend to it.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You can not say, for you are not the scientists who did the magic of evolution.

The scientists who did the magic of evolution CLEARLY SAID HE OBSERVED!

So, Dead on Arrival!

Science learns everyday, so I’m saying that the power that made Moses magic happen also caused evolution.

If you can’t disprove it, it means that if Moses story is true then Evolution must also be true.

So how do intend justifying Moses story over evolution in this scenario?
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I think you misunderstood.

I know that your question was why I believed the Bible over evolutionary theories. My answer was that I was judging the sources of these claims and making my choices on the basis of their merits.

If you are restructuring your challenge to ask why I believe that the Bible is the Word of God, that is a different matter. If you are restructuring it even further to ask why I even believe that there is a God at all, that is still a different matter. I can answer both questions, but my previous answer was suited to the first question that you asked. There was no fallacy of false (not faulty) equivalence or one of begging the question of one of invoking a god of the gaps. I was not making false comparisons or assuming the thing I needed to prove or accounting for some gap in human knowledge. If you think I was, you will need to demonstrate to me and other readers how I was.

So, I need you to decide exactly what question you want me to answer. If you wish for me to address your opening challenge in this thread, then I have. If you have some other challenge you wish to make, then please let me know so that I can try to reasonably attend to it.
Its not a matter of making a choice, it’s a matter of what’s right. It’s not a matter of opinion here.

For example if your opinion says that 3^2=6, we cannot leave it that way because it’s your opinion.

Now let me rephrase the question “The Bible says that Moses turned a stick into snake, scientists say that humans evolved from ancient Apes, considering that you have never seen a stick turned into snake and probably don’t understand how scientist came about their conclusion, why do you believe the former without believing the latter since none actually presented any evidence that you can comprehend?
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Science learns everyday, so I’m saying that the power that made Moses magic happen also caused evolution.

If you can’t disprove it, it means that if Moses story is true then Evolution must also be true.

So how do intend justifying Moses story over evolution in this scenario?

Science learns? shocked is it science that needs to learn or you, the unknowing man?

'so I’m saying"- You Can Not Say, for you are not the scientists who Observed anything!

No further Reasonable Question!
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Science learns? cool is it science that needs to learn or you, the unknowing man?

'so I’m saying"- You Can Not Say, for you are not the scientists who Observed anything!
I can say because you presented your opinion about believing the Bible which is not accepted by many, same way you do no accept the opinion of scientist and I’m saying that I share both of your opinions in a different manner (I’m sure a lot of people also do). my opinion says that the same power fueled the Moses story and evolution, every opinion matters here unless proven otherwise.

So why do you think the power that fueled the former cannot fuel the latter?
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
I can say because you presented your opinion about believing the Bible which is not accepted by many, same way you do no accept the opinion of scientist and I’m saying that I share both of your opinions in a different manner (I’m sure a lot of people also do). my opinion says that the same power fueled the Moses story and evolution, every opinion matters here unless proven otherwise.

So why do you think the power that fueled the former cannot fueling the latter?

Change of Post!
Your Question here is about an explaning How and Why we believe "Moses dropped a stick which turned to a snake" and Not About the Acceptance of the Statements in the Bible!.

Just a little word on Acceptance! Acceptance and Rejection is An Personal Right that should not be interfered with. Like a bed, every soul is entitled to make and unmake his bed, as his soul desireth.

But if you ask me my own opinion, I would be happy to disclose it but I Very Much Respect that every person is free to Reject my Opinion!

Eg. Right now you can choose to believe that this is night time in Nigeria and No One can change it and I would not even think of doing so.
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Its not a matter of making a choice, it’s a matter of what’s right. It’s not a matter of opinion here.

For example if your opinion says that 3^2=6, we cannot leave it that way because it’s your opinion.

Now let me rephrase the question “The Bible says that Moses turned a stick into snake, scientists say that humans evolved from ancient Apes, considering that you have never seen a stick turned into snake and probably don’t understand how scientist came about their conclusion, why do you believe the former without believing the latter since none actually presented any evidence that you can comprehend?

I'm not sure what you mean by "it's not a matter of making a choice." To what are you referring?

As for your rephrased question, it is still the same question. Your question is simply "why do I believe the Bible instead of scientists?" My answer is still that I do because I consider God infinitely more trustworthy than scientists. Again, it is still a choice I make because of what I know about both parties.

As for evidence, when people make unprovable claims, the only way that we can make a reasonable decision about whether or not to believe them is to establish their own credibility. I can't prove that Moses did or did not drop his staff and have it turned into a living snakes nor can I prove that evolution did or did not occur millions and billions of years ago, but I can investigate the makers of these claims to know whether they are believable. This is, of course, possible only if the claims themselves are not entirely unreasonable. Evolution is a pretty hard claim to believe ordinarily, but then so is a piece of wood becoming an animated flesh-and-blood living organism. So, assuming that both are equally believable or equally ludicrous, why do I believe one and not the other? As I said, because of the merits of those who are making the claim.

Why do I believe God over scientists? Because God cannot lie or be mistaken whereas scientists, even by their own admission, are frequently mistaken and often do lie on purpose too. Since God is the source of the Bible, I believe the Bible then rather than scientists who are the source of evolutionary theories.

I suspect that this is still not the question you want to ask, so again I'll invite you to ask whatever you really want to ask. I'll be happy to answer you.
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I'm not sure what you mean by "it's not a matter of making a choice." To what are you referring?

As for your rephrased question, it is still the same question. Your question is simply "why do I believe the Bible instead of scientists?" My answer is still that I do because I consider God infinitely more trustworthy than scientists. Again, it is still a choice I make because of what I know about both parties.

As for evidence, when people make unprovable claims, the only way that we can make a reasonable decision about whether or not to believe them is to establish their own credibility. I can't prove that Moses did or did not drop his staff and have it turned into a living snakes nor can I prove that evolution did or did not occur millions and billions of years ago, but I can investigate the makers of these claims to know whether they are believable. This is, of course, possible only if the claims themselves are not entirely unreasonable. Evolution is a pretty hard claim to believe ordinarily, but then so is a piece of wood becoming an animated flesh-and-blood living organism. So, assuming that both are equally believable or equally ludicrous, why do I believe one and not the other? As I said, because of the merits of those who are making the claim.

Why do I believe God over scientists? Because God cannot lie or be mistaken whereas scientists, even by their own admission, are frequently mistaken and often do lie on purpose too. Since God is the source of the Bible, I believe the Bible then rather than scientists who are the source of evolutionary theories.

I suspect that this is still not the question you want to ask, so again I'll invite you to ask whatever you really want to ask. I'll be happy to answer you.
God of the gaps

Ok bye, you don’t know the basics ethic of philosophy and logic. We can’t keep conversing when you don’t even know how not to commit fallacies.
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by xproducer: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:

-----------------------

OP... these assertions (re: apes), and all others that stem from the farce of evolution are indicative of mans' ignorance, rebellion, and unwillingness since the fall of Adam - to recognize and submit to GOD, the Creator of all things. Denying the Biblical truths of the Bible and making up stuff does not change reality, they only do the denier harm in the end.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" - Hebrews 9:27

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near" - Isaiah 55:6

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." - Hebrews 11:6
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
God of the gaps

Ok bye, you don’t know the basics ethic of philosophy and logic. We can’t keep conversing when you don’t even know how not to commit fallacies.

I'm pretty sure that there was no appeal to the God of the gaps in my argument. Do you think that you can prove that accusation of yours?

As for conversing, I was actually the generous one here. You don't appear to even understand how fallacies work and which fallacy is which. I have instead explained myself twice and offered some education on how logical reasoning works. So, it would seem to me that you are the one who needs to learn how to debate for us to actually converse reasonably with each other.
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
xproducer:

-----------------------

OP... these assertions (re: apes), and all others that stem from the farce of evolution are indicative of mans' ignorance, rebellion, and unwillingness since the fall of Adam - to recognize and submit to GOD, the Creator of all things. Denying the Biblical truths of the Bible and making up stuff does not change reality, they only do the denier harm in the end.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" - Hebrews 9:27

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near" - Isaiah 55:6

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." - Hebrews 11:6
Why should we take the Bible for its word and disregard what scientists say?

Note that you can’t make any reasonable point by presenting any Bible passage. It doesn’t hold water against an argument against the Bible
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:

Note that you can’t make any reasonable point by presenting any Bible passage. It doesn’t hold water against an argument against the Bible

Scientists Only Look at what was Created and talk about it All day long. The Bible Pases Information which the Creator and Owner Of The World wants Us to be Aware of.

It is a take it or leave it affair, just as a child has power to refuse to listen to his parents counsel.

It's as simple as that!
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Scientists Only Look at what was Created and talk about it All day long. The Bible Pases Information which the Creator and Owner Of The World wants Us to be Aware of.

It is a take it or leave it affair, just as a child has power to refuse to listen to his parents counsel.

It's as simple as that!
you skipped your own question to answer some else’s question.
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by xproducer: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:

-------------

One good reason why we should at least pay attention to the Holy Bible (rather we should believe it) - is that no prophecy therein has, or will fail! As events continue to unfold, all will continue to see, but some will deny until their end.

...."for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."- 2 Peter 1:21

No one can substantively, or should compel anyone else... only GOD can open the eyes of the spiritually blind to understand His holy word. "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. ." -1 Corinthians 2:14

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2020
xproducer:

-------------

One good reason why we should at least pay attention to the Holy Bible (rather we should believe it) - is that no prophecy therein has, or will fail! As events continue to unfold, all will continue to see, but some will deny until their end.

...."for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."- 2 Peter 1:21

No one can substantively, or should compel anyone else... only GOD can open the eyes of the spiritually blind to understand His holy word. "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. ." -1 Corinthians 2:14

But this same book has not provide one evidence for whatever is written in it.

Stop quoting bible passages to make points against a Bible debate, that’s a fallacy. It doesn’t make any sense
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
xproducer:

-------------

I do not believe in the Bible, you have to use logic to convince me. I already have that bias, this is not your church were you preach and people believe straight. Don’t you get it?

The Bible has a lot of lies in it that hasn’t been proven, you can’t use it to convince me because I will never believe it. You have to use something outside of the Bible to justify what’s in the Bible.

Didn’t you guys study how to make arguments in school without committing fallacies?
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
you skipped your own question to answer some else’s question.

grin I have finished my question paper so I had some time to assist another with his questions. grin
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 8:04am On Dec 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I have finished my question paper so I had some time to assist another with his questions. grin
You ran away from it. You can’t answer
Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:04am On Dec 14, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
You ran away from it. You can’t answer

I had settled my question nice and neat and you went on to engage another at Re: A Simple Question For Christians. by FatherOfJesus: 4:15pm On Dec 13
Ihedinobi3:
See it at all: 4:01pm On Dec 13 to 4:15pm
FatherOfJesus:

So why do you think the power that fueled the former cannot fueling the latter?

Change of Post!
Your Question here is about an explaning How and Why we believe "Moses dropped a stick which turned to a snake" and Not About the Acceptance of the Statements in the Bible!.

Just a little word on Acceptance! Acceptance and Rejection is An Personal Right that should not be interfered with. Like a bed, every soul is entitled to make and unmake his bed, as his soul desireth.

But if you ask me my own opinion, I would be happy to disclose it but I Very Much Respect that every person is free to Reject my Opinion!

Eg. Right now you can choose to believe that this is night time in Nigeria and No One can change it and I would not even think of doing so.
---------------

The Records In Nairaland Call You a Liar!

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy About Mike Davis And Apostle Johnson Suleman By Prophet Macdonald E.E S / Today Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Celebrates His 50th Birthday. / 50 Lovely Easter Messages And Prayers To Send To Friends, Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.