Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. (7396 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / How Rotimi Amaechi Convinced Buhari To Wear A Suit During The Campaign Era / Best Campaign Jingle For 2015 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2011
The Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) yesterday rejected the campaign jingle of the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammadu Buhari on grounds that it contained messages that were offensive to the government. The jingle is the first intended to be run by the CPC on the national network. The jingle is the first intended to be run by the CPC on the national network. One of Buhari’s campaign aides who does not want his name in print told Daily Trust that after booking the advert and making necessary payments, they were later told that the jingle would not be ran on NTA because it was critical of government. The NTA authorities therefore demanded that such areas be removed.

Director General of the Buhari campaign Alhaji Sule Hamma confirmed the incident, explaining that the jingle was turned down because it contains things like “no good roads,” and so on. “They said it was critical of the PDP government. By implication, NTA belongs to PDP,” he said. When asked what the campaign would do in view of the development, Alhaji Hamma said the CPC will explore constitutional means to seek redress.

He said the regulator body, NBC, has to ensure that every political party gets equal access to the media as provided by the law.

Attempts to speak with the NTA authorities last night failed.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14848%3Anta-rejects-buharis-campaign-advert&catid=2%3Alead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by proudly9ja(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2011
Donlittle:

The Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) yesterday rejected the campaign jingle of the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammadu Buhari on grounds that it contained messages that were offensive to the government. The jingle is the first intended to be run by the CPC on the national network. The jingle is the first intended to be run by the CPC on the national network. One of Buhari’s campaign aides who does not want his name in print told Daily Trust that after booking the advert and making necessary payments, they were later told that the jingle would not be ran on NTA because it was critical of government. The NTA authorities therefore demanded that such areas be removed.

Director General of the Buhari campaign Alhaji Sule Hamma confirmed the incident, explaining that the jingle was turned down because it contains things like “no good roads,” and so on. “They said it was critical of the PDP government. By implication, NTA belongs to PDP,” he said. When asked what the campaign would do in view of the development, Alhaji Hamma said the CPC will explore constitutional means to seek redress.

He said the regulator body, NBC, has to ensure that every political party gets equal access to the media as provided by the law.

Attempts to speak with the NTA authorities last night failed.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14848%3Anta-rejects-buharis-campaign-advert&catid=2%3Alead-stories&Itemid=8

Na lie? Do we have good roads? Why is NTA playing politics? I pity them. Change is here and they better be ready for it.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Mar 25, 2011
God pass them.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by johnjoel(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2011
oya wetin make them no agree others do their rally gej is behind these
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by honeric01(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2011
PDP and their machinery CAN NEVER CHANGE OUR MINDS, BB FOR CHANGE EVER!
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by damas11111(m): 11:44am On Mar 25, 2011
GEJ/PDP are scared to death. This is desperation of the highest order.
God pass them. Whether they like it or not, revolution will happen.

BB ALL THE WAY.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by monkeyleg: 11:47am On Mar 25, 2011
shocking shocked, absolutely scandelous
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Mkpotu(m): 11:50am On Mar 25, 2011
It is allowed in politics, without offense to anybody. If Buhari wins tomorrow, will he allow another political party to come to the National Station to advertise that there are NO roads, no hospitals, no schools etc built by him, his party (CPC) and his government.

It is not out of place to reject such offensive advert by the National Station because Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau, Pat Utomi etc will do same thing!
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Gbawe: 11:55am On Mar 25, 2011
Can folks now begin to appreciate the conspiracy of evil the PDP is adept at using to keep Nigeria down? It is only unpatriotic Nigerians and myopic greedy fools , benefitting from the PDP's inducement largesse,  that would do things to help them keep power.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by honeric01(m): 11:59am On Mar 25, 2011
Mkpotu:

It is allowed in politics, without offense to anybody. If Buhari wins tomorrow, will he allow another political party to come to the National Station to advertise that there are NO roads, no hospitals, no schools etc built by him, his party (CPC) and his government.

It is not out of place to reject such offensive advert by the National Station because Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau, Pat Utomi etc will do same thing!

What are you saying? this is a public property, Buhari as a tax paying Nigeria has the right to criticize the government in whatever form as long as he is not attacking any personality.

Do you remember 1993 Abiola election jingles?

No food, no light, no road, i tire for life oo

My brother, wetin u dey think, my sister helepu don come
M K O M K O M K O ACTION
aBIOLA Abiola Abiola Progress

Na him be our man o

SPD na the party
To make our country
Better our life oo

You remember that right?
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by debest1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 25, 2011
Mkpotu:

True talk, the same Buhari who enacted Decree No.4 to gag the press from publishing any article whether true or false and even detained Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor of The Guardian indefinitely for flouting the decree.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Lagosboy: 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2011
honeric01:

What are you saying? this is a public property, Buhari as a tax paying Nigeria has the right to criticize the government in whatever form as long as he is not attacking any personality.

M K O M K O M K O ACTION

Na him be our man o

SPD na the party
To make our country
Better our life oo

You remember that right?

How can i forget this jingle and it remains the best ever i have heard.

Rememember th eother lines

The small money we dey earn
na so so transport dey chop

And another one:

On the march again , on the march again

looking for mr president
MKO is our man o MKO is our man o

MKO SDP Kingibe Action
Abiola Abioola Abiola Progress

Unfortunately kingibe sold out
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by honeric01(m): 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2011
This opportunity is here to stay, there's no one who can pull this kind of support like Buhari, no one, if this opportunity passes us by, we might not be able to claim Nigeria back for a very long time to come.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by debest1(m): 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2011
Donlittle:

Was that democratic or military? there was nothing like freedom of press. So he can and can do it under military rule
So it was ok for Buhari and his bully boys to gag the press under the guise that we were not in a democratic society?
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by emekagh(m): 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
Sometime ago, we harried Sony Corporation for a video game commercial that was offensive to Nigerians.
So are we saying it is save for a public own entity to condone offensive messages about government of Nigeria, while private entity aren't allowed?

Let's eschew double standard and respect the office of the president, especially as we want our candidate to occupy it.

Fair play people, fair play!
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Princek12(m): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2011
they should release the ad on youtube during the pendency of their purported litigation over the matter.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by honeric01(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
emeka_gh:

Sometime ago, we harried Sony Corporation for a video game commercial that was offensive to Nigerians.
So are we saying it is save for a public own entity to condone offensive messages about government of Nigeria, while private entity aren't allowed?

Let's eschew double standard and respect the office of the president, especially as we want our candidate to occupy it.

What are you saying?

Because the jingles said No read, no light, so it's offensive? who doesn't know these things don't exist? how do you people think sef.

Haba
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by bestman09(m): 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
@POSTER,
How are you sure that the jingle is not full of inciting words against the people? For all i know, it could contain things that can cause disaffection among the people
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx08Zc0DPD8?version=3[/flash]

A Revolution in the Making Buhari Bakare

What you see here is what the media does not want you to know. One Vote for two Honest men. - A contribution of Eronmonsele Elens-Eigbokhan

There's a sound across the nation
It's a call so clear and strong
It's a call to build our nation
It's a call for everyone
Everyone who is Nigerian
Hear the sound so clear and loud
It's a call for transformation
And the time for change is NOW

Though our tribe and tongue may differ
We are still one and the same
With one hope, one heart, one future
With one cry, one love, one name
We have the power to change Nigeria
We alone can set us free
But it starts with transformation
Yes it starts with you and me

Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before

We have had our share of battles
We have moan our days of pain
But through it all, we've stayed together
In our hearts, our hopes, we made
We believe we can better
We can reach our destiny
Only when we are transformed
Can we reach our destiny

Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Princek12(m): 12:30pm On Mar 25, 2011
emeka_gh:

Do you have a brain? The two incidents differ substantially. The Sony ad was already on the airwaves and was offensive to Nigerians, who exercised their right to protest the ad. Sony voluntarily pulled the ad for business reasons. Also the [b]content o[/b]f the Sony ad was commercial, and the government did not silence nor prevent Sony from expressing its views. In this matter, unlike Sony whose ad was already in the airwaves, the government has used prior restraint through its proxy--NTA-- to silence a speaker before their message made it to the airwaves. Furthermore, unlike the commercial character of the Sony ad, the content of this ad is political speech, which should be protected by the government and the judiciary. The government and the state-owned NTA has prevented and infringed upon the fundamental right of Buhari and CPC to speak about a political matter, whereas the government did not prevent Sony from making a political speech that may directly or indirectly criticize the government.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by texazzpete(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
emeka_gh:

So in the same vein, whenever we see any GEJ campaign about 'Uniting Nigeria' we should be offended because he is insinuating that Nigerians are not united abi?
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by yvy1(f): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
A beg I almost slept off after the second verse. It's too long.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by PeeDaVinci: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
upload it on youtube and facebook!!!and use other tv stations
placing adverts on tv is no more in vogue in developed countries, and nigeria is getting there!!
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by mrofficial(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
The truth is bitter. And PDP now owns NTA.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by fxskye: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
From d post, I dont see any offensive about of present day governace system. Do we really have good roads, is there portable water to drink, do we have power supply regularly?

However, I cant conclude not untill I have opportunity to jingles b4 i can form my opinion. Meanwhile, NTA should have ran it & let d pulic decided.

honeric01:

M K O M K O M K O ACTION

Na him be our man o

SPD na the party
To make our country
Better our life oo

You remember that right?

A serious political compaign with talk about basic needs of life rather than " I was not born rich", "I had no shoe" campaign.
Re: Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. by Blazing99: 12:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
This issue should be taken to court, very unfair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Fulani Men Who Kidnapped Methodist Bishop In Abia Arrested Pics / Africa Multicultural Foundation Brings Her Charity To Nigeria / Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.