Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Uwua Questions Bosso’s Appointment As Flying Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uwua Questions Bosso’s Appointment As Flying Eagles Coach (203 Views)

Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli / Ladan Bosso Signs Contract With Ifeanyi Ubah Inside A Private Jet. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uwua Questions Bosso’s Appointment As Flying Eagles Coach by solbase10(m): 10:14am On Dec 14, 2020
Former Flying Eagles coach Godwin Uwua has questioned the appointment of Ladan Bosso as handler of the country’s U-20 men’s team.

The Flying Eagles crashed out of the WAFU B Zonal qualifiers in Porto Novo, Benin Republic after finishing last in their group that had Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire.

After two rounds of games the Flying Eagles drew 1-1 against Cote d’Ivoire in their first game and lost 1-0 to Ghana.

Their ouster means they will not be at next year’s U-20 AFCON in Mauritania.

Uwua who took the Flying Eagles to second place finish at the 2007 U-20 AFCON in Congo and also qualify for the World Cup the same year, described the elimination as unfortunate.

In a chat on Brila FM, Uwua said:”Bosso was an assistant coach to me in 2007 and when the team qualified for the world cup, I resigned and went to South Africa and Bosso lead the team to Canada nothing came out of it.

“Coaching is a professional job, here in Nigeria they turn it into politics they just bring somebody there.

“What is the record of Bosso as a coach in this country? I was not surprised by the result.”
Log on to www.completesports.com to read more interesting news like this. @completesportsnigeria @Completesports #breakingnews #sports #news ##sportsnews #caf #football #footballnews

(1) (Reply)

Rashidi Yekini !...... Gooooooal !!! Gooooall !!!!! Goooooooalllll !!!!! / If You Are To Play Football Abroad Which Club Would You Play For / The Current Most Valuable Footballers According To The Football Observatory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.