Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

I Am Not A Nigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Am Not A Nigerian (807 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not A Nigerian by vivsravine: 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
I AM NOT A NIGERIAN

How I managed to be a Nigerian I really don't understand.

How I grew up in such an environment with crazy mindsets, I can't explain.

How I survived is still a shocker to me because I still find it very difficult to adjust.

How on earth, is Nigeria a country still baffles me and I just wished it never existed.

How did we come this far with repressed leaders who are too selfish and insensitive, is a big headache.

Goosh, will I still have my kids in this kind of environment and oh goodness my survival was a miracle.

I am not a Nigerian, I chose not to behave like them, think like them and be them.

It's so sad when you see one million and one things go wrong and when try to fix it you become a target.

How long do we keep pace with an unworkable system, bad leaders like bad breath, chocking and sniffing you.

They are always out to showoff with the resources of all yet they leave us to burn.

How do you mention it, how proud can you become and how happy are you to be a Nigerian?

The past plays tricks on us , the present look vague, the future isn't guaranteed, yet we hope.

Miracles seems like it does not exist, hope crawls like snail, dreams dashed in the winds, oh dear country.

Do we still anticipate?
Was the way out?
Where is the Saviour?
What is our fate?
How long now?

We are in dark, so clueless without ligths,
The homes we long for seems very far, wished we can draw near, but how?

Am not a Nigerian because I chose to.
The green grass has turned black
The white sheets, red like crimson
The lands are dried like deserts
Where did the waters run to?
Even the air we breath, has been polluted

We have God alone to survive in Nigeria.

Ahudiya speaks ©

Please visit my blog for more on

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by Sundrus: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
grin Nice poem. Thumbs up
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by budaatum: 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
One thing common amongst we Nigerians is, rather than be responsible and create the conditions we wish to be in, we tend to moan a lot about the situation we find themselves in. One could say we are rather helpless and powerless and useless, dare I say, though, thankfully, not all us Nigerians.

They say those who have not seen the contents of another person's father's trousers thinks the content of their own father's trousers is the biggest. Same as thinking one's own burden is the heaviest having not borne that of someone else. I used to be guilty too. I recall the days I'd get to school with a long face and someone would ask me what the matter was. I'd tell them sadly seeking sympathy, but would often be asked if that was all. I found that after they told me their own suffer, I'd rather keep mine than swop it for theirs because their situation was tenfold whatever I was going through, and damn, how do they cope!?

Your life is what you make of it dude, wherever it is you are. But thank the Gods you are Nigerian because the wonderful experience you are gaining now will strengthen you for wherever you find yourself in your long interesting successful future. For it is indeed as one great Prophet sang. You can not run away from yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4q6vZfmyw
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by pastie(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
I have no leader.. I am above any law, I live my free life with no boundaries, who are you to stop me?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
Wow! What An Interesting Poem.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by budaatum: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by talktrue1234: 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
Nigeria leadership problem is a manifestation of an average Nigerian, our leaders are picked among us. We are the ones that sold ourselves to slavery and still doing it till today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by budaatum: 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
vivsravine:

How do you mention it, how proud can you become and how happy are you to be a Nigerian?

We have God alone to survive in Nigeria.
Very proud indeed, because, rather than wait fir manna to fall down from the heavens for me, I use my talent and might and go up to the heavens and grab the manna for myself.

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by IKWUADA(m): 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2020
is that all ?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by vivsravine: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2021
Sundrus:
grin Nice poem. Thumbs up
. Thanks

Many thanks for all

Comments
Views

Please let's make 2021 interesting for more on my intriguing topics

Please visit Vivsravine on naira land search for more or

Vivsravine speaks ©

https://vivoparah..com/?m=1

Or messenger me on Facebook on oparah ahunna vivian or jion my Facebook page on Vivsravine page for more on my write ups on life and relationships.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by vivsravine: 9:05am On Jan 09, 2021
budaatum:
One thing common amongst we Nigerians is, rather than be responsible and create the conditions we wish to be in, we tend to moan a lot about the situation we find themselves in. One could say we are rather helpless and powerless and useless, dare I say, though, thankfully, not all us Nigerians.

They say those who have not seen the contents of another person's father's trousers thinks the content of their own father's trousers is the biggest. Same as thinking one's own burden is the heaviest having not borne that of someone else. I used to be guilty too. I recall the days I'd get to school with a long face and someone would ask me what the matter was. I'd tell them sadly seeking sympathy, but would often be asked if that was all. I found that after they told me their own suffer, I'd rather keep mine than swop it for theirs because their situation was tenfold whatever I was going through, and damn, how do they cope!?

Your life is what you make of it dude, wherever it is you are. But thank the Gods you are Nigerian because the wonderful experience you are gaining now will strengthen you for wherever you find yourself in your long interesting successful future. For it is indeed as one great Prophet sang. You can not run away from yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4q6vZfmyw

Thnks

Many thanks for all

Comments
Views

Vivsravine speaks ©

Or messenger me on Facebook on oparah ahunna vivian or jion my Facebook page on Vivsravine page for more on my write ups on life and relationships.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by vivsravine: 9:07am On Jan 09, 2021
pastie:
I have no leader.. I am above any law, I live my free life with no boundaries, who are you to stop me?
thank u

Many thanks for all

Comments
Views

Vivsravine speaks ©

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by vivsravine: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Truvel:
Wow! What An Interesting Poem.

Many thanks for all

Comments
Views

Vivsravine speaks ©

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by vivsravine: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2021
IKWUADA:
is that all ?

Many thanks for all

Comments
Views

Vivsravine speaks ©

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian by vivsravine: 9:10am On Jan 09, 2021
Many thanks for all

Comments
Views

Vivsravine speaks ©

(1) (Reply)

New Poetry Collection / True Colour Magazine / I Have Dozens Of Manuscripts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.