Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Healthy Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowl - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Healthy Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowl (197 Views)

How To Cook Ground Turkey For Dogs / British Woman, 28, Dies Two Days After Liposuction Surgery In Turkey( Pics) / Nigerian Man High On Drugs Walks With His Head On The Ground (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowl by Oscarmills(m): 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
It Christmas, you got to eat
well and live healthy.
Health is the real wealth.

HOW TO COOK GROUND TURKEY

Ground turkey is a light, bright pink color when it’s raw or uncooked. As it cooks the color will change from pink to a light brown color. Seasoning is important, since it has a very mild flavor that takes on whatever flavors you add. It’s delicious with just a little garlic, onion and salt added but you can also add it to chili, spaghetti, tacos and more by changing the seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI TURKEY RICE BOWLS
1. After cooking the meat with some onions and garlic, I grated a few carrots and chopped several stalks of broccoli very fine, and tossed them in with the meat. This gave the illusion that there weren’t very many vegetables in there, but they couldn’t avoid what they could see! *Note – if you are serving this as a rice bowl, you’ll want to start cooking the rice before you start cooking the meat.
2. The teriyaki sauce is made from scratch and is incredibly easy. Some readers have commented on the amount of sugar in the sauce, and you can see in the recipe notes that you can reduce the amount of sugar to your liking. Teriyaki sauce is typically sweet on it’s own, but you can adjust the levels based on your needs. It will still taste great!
3. The teriyaki sauce is combined with the meat and veggies and simmered for a few minutes to let the flavors blend and get all happy. Then scoop it on top of white or brown rice, noodles, into lettuce cups or even flour tortillas for some Asian-Mexican fusion!
Once the sauce is added, the veggies blend in nicely in these Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowls. I’m happy. My kids are happy. It’s a win-win! My kids loved this dish, asking for seconds and if they could take it for lunch the next day in their thermoses. I’d call that a success.
They also love to eat their rice bowl with chopsticks. If you don’t have any, you can find them here, or try these adorable training chopsticks for kids.
CAN I USE GROUND BEEF INSTEAD OF TURKEY?
Yes, you absolutely can! Ground turkey recipes can easily swap ground beef, pork or chicken. You will want to make sure to drain it really well since ground beef lets out a lot of liquid, but it will work just as well as the ground turkey.
WHAT OTHER VEGETABLES CAN I USE FOR A RICE BOWL?
Feel free to customize this recipe to fit your own personal tastes. Use cut up veggies and sauté or steam them before adding them to the turkey and sauce.
Some other veggie options:
• Bell peppers
• Snow peas
• Water chestnuts
• Bok choy
• Bean sprouts
• Zucchini
• Corn
• Cauliflower
• Water chestnuts

TERIYAKI TURKEY RICE BOWL
The delicious, sweet teriyaki sauce and the (kind of) hidden veggies in this Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl makes this a healthy ground turkey recipe that your whole family will love!
INGREDIENTS
1x
2x
3x
Teriyaki Sauce
• 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar or less as desired
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or less as desired
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons warm water
Ground Turkey
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 pound Ground Turkey
• 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
• 2 large carrots peeled and grated
• 2 green onions diced, for garnish
• 4 cups cooked white or brown rice divided
INSTRUCTIONS
• Mix soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, red wine vinegar, sugars, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
• In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
• Heat sauce over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
• Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
• Crumble ground turkey and garlic into the pan and cook until turkey is about half cooked. Add grated carrots and chopped broccoli and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink.
• Pour teriyaki sauce over cooked turkey and vegetable mixture and stir. Simmer for about five minutes to combine the flavors.
• Spoon meat over rice or noodles. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
NOTES
• Teriyaki Sauce is generally pretty sweet. However, feel free to cut back on the amount of sugar in the sauce. 1 tablespoon of each would suffice if you prefer a more savory than sweet flavor. 
• The nutritional information is based on serving this teriyaki turkey over white rice. Use brown rice or just less rice to reduce calories and carbs.
• Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite vegetables.
NUTRITION
Calories: 380kcal
Carbohydrates: 56g
Protein: 27g
Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 50mg
Sodium: 925mg
Potassium: 543mg
Fiber: 2g
Sugar: 12g
Vitamin A: 4260IU
Vitamin C: 21mg
Calcium: 55mg
Iron: 2mg

HOW TO COOK GROUND TURKEY
Ground turkey is a light, bright pink color when it’s raw or uncooked. As it cooks the color will change from pink to a light brown color. Seasoning is important, since it has a very mild flavor that takes on whatever flavors you add. It’s delicious with just a little garlic, onion and salt added but you can also add it to chili, spaghetti, tacos and more by changing the seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI TURKEY RICE BOWLS
1. After cooking the meat with some onions and garlic, I grated a few carrots and chopped several stalks of broccoli very fine, and tossed them in with the meat. This gave the illusion that there weren’t very many vegetables in there, but they couldn’t avoid what they could see! *Note – if you are serving this as a rice bowl, you’ll want to start cooking the rice before you start cooking the meat.
2. The teriyaki sauce is made from scratch and is incredibly easy. Some readers have commented on the amount of sugar in the sauce, and you can see in the recipe notes that you can reduce the amount of sugar to your liking. Teriyaki sauce is typically sweet on it’s own, but you can adjust the levels based on your needs. It will still taste great!
3. The teriyaki sauce is combined with the meat and veggies and simmered for a few minutes to let the flavors blend and get all happy. Then scoop it on top of white or brown rice, noodles, into lettuce cups or even flour tortillas for some Asian-Mexican fusion!
Once the sauce is added, the veggies blend in nicely in these Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowls. I’m happy. My kids are happy. It’s a win-win! My kids loved this dish, asking for seconds and if they could take it for lunch the next day in their thermoses. I’d call that a success.
They also love to eat their rice bowl with chopsticks. If you don’t have any, you can find them here, or try these adorable training chopsticks for kids.
CAN I USE GROUND BEEF INSTEAD OF TURKEY?
Yes, you absolutely can! Ground turkey recipes can easily swap ground beef, pork or chicken. You will want to make sure to drain it really well since ground beef lets out a lot of liquid, but it will work just as well as the ground turkey.
WHAT OTHER VEGETABLES CAN I USE FOR A RICE BOWL?
Feel free to customize this recipe to fit your own personal tastes. Use cut up veggies and sauté or steam them before adding them to the turkey and sauce.
Some other veggie options:
• Bell peppers
• Snow peas
• Water chestnuts
• Bok choy
• Bean sprouts
• Zucchini
• Corn
• Cauliflower
• Water chestnuts

TERIYAKI TURKEY RICE BOWL
The delicious, sweet teriyaki sauce and the (kind of) hidden veggies in this Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl makes this a healthy ground turkey recipe that your whole family will love!
INGREDIENTS
1x
2x
3x
Teriyaki Sauce
• 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar or less as desired
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or less as desired
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons warm water
Ground Turkey
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 pound Ground Turkey
• 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
• 2 large carrots peeled and grated
• 2 green onions diced, for garnish
• 4 cups cooked white or brown rice divided
INSTRUCTIONS
• Mix soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, red wine vinegar, sugars, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
• In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
• Heat sauce over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
• Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
• Crumble ground turkey and garlic into the pan and cook until turkey is about half cooked. Add grated carrots and chopped broccoli and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink.
• Pour teriyaki sauce over cooked turkey and vegetable mixture and stir. Simmer for about five minutes to combine the flavors.
• Spoon meat over rice or noodles. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
NOTES
• Teriyaki Sauce is generally pretty sweet. However, feel free to cut back on the amount of sugar in the sauce. 1 tablespoon of each would suffice if you prefer a more savory than sweet flavor. 
• The nutritional information is based on serving this teriyaki turkey over white rice. Use brown rice or just less rice to reduce calories and carbs.
• Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite vegetables.
NUTRITION
Calories: 380kcal
Carbohydrates: 56g
Protein: 27g
Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 50mg
Sodium: 925mg
Potassium: 543mg
Fiber: 2g
Sugar: 12g
Vitamin A: 4260IU
Vitamin C: 21mg
Calcium: 55mg
Iron: 2mg

Hi I’m Oscar, CEO HealthyHome. I loves to cook, bake and create. All of the recipes and tips you will find here are created with a passion to maintain a loving healthy and illness free Home.
Follow me on Twitter(oscar_mills1) for your best food recipe this Christmas.

My recommended food thread to spice your Xmas; Edikan ikong with fufu, Amala with ewedu, okro stew with benku, Affang with ebba, kotobri stew with plantain, Italian Parmesan cheese sauce with rice...etc follow and ask for more!!!!!

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Europe Shuts Door On Britain Over Fears Of Mutant Virus / 5 Ways To Relieve A Stomach Ulcer At Home Using Natural Remedies / Examining Nigeria’s Water And Sanitation Sector In The COVID-19 Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.