Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US (1389 Views)

Moment Air Peace Brought Back 270 Nigerian Students From Sudan (Video, Photos) / UK Streets Flooded After 2 Weeks Worth Of Rain Fell In 24 Hours (Photos) / Flood Destroys Over N15m Worth Of Goods In Aba, Renders Many Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Please no insult, I want to learn! I am planning to migrate to the US and I want to know how life is over there.
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by greymiles: 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
Izz like something is wrong with your cousin
What does he mean by $270 is too much

What’s his usefulness in life if he can’t be giving u whatever you want sef... if it’s not u people prayer, will he be where he is now?

My advise is that you report him to the police department in his state and report at the local police station here too

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
greymiles:
Izz like something is wrong with your cousin
What does he mean by $270 is too much

What’s his usefulness in life if he can’t be giving u whatever you want sef... if it’s not u people prayer, will he be where he is now?

My advise is that you report him to the police department in his state and report at the local police station here too
. Lol

I am not pained. Lmao, I just wanna know something. It will help me understand the economy over there. Lol
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Mille: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
Since you didn't mention his state; let me give you a breakdown.

270 dollars will feed him for a month.

270 dollars is what he will earn working 38 hours on the federal minimum wage.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
Mille:
Since you didn't mention his state; let me give you a breakdown.

270 dollars will feed him for a month.

270 dollars is what he will earn working 38 hours on the federal minimum wage.
L
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Petyprincess(f): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
Lol i had an experience with one American to send 50 dollars na war while i have gotten more than 4000 zloty from my boyfriend.

My friend living in Canada only sent me CAD twice so i later got to know these people have alot of bills to pay especially as an immigrant still finding their feet in foreign country.
Your brother might be paying some debts or loan nd doesn't wanna tell you about it.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=Petyprincess post=97068574]Lol i had an experience with one American to send 50 dollars na war while i have gotten more than 4000 zloty from my boyfriend.

My friend living in Canada only sent me CAD twice so i later got to know these people have alot of bills to pay especially as an immigrant still finding their feet in foreign country.
Your brother might be paying some debts or loan nd doesn't wanna tell you about it.[/quotok
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Petyprincess(f): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
hector:

Lol. Debt? U think so? He schooled in the US. He did his high school and university in the US.
The American I'm talking about is also native, some do take loans it might be for school purpose,montage,car installmental pay etc. But still i feel 250 dollars shouldn't be a big deal if he wanted to help,i feel he doesn't want to help you nd don't be surprised ten other people are asking him for help that's what these people face so i do understand them sometimes hence the reason i only ask money from my boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
Petyprincess:

The American I'm talking about is also native, some do take loans it might be for school purpose,montage,car installmental pay etc. But still i feel 250 dollars shouldn't be a big deal if he wanted to help,i feel he doesn't want to help you nd don't be surprised ten other people are asking him for help that's what these people face so i do understand them sometimes hence the reason i only ask money from my boyfriend.
Ok
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Petyprincess(f): 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
hector:

Hahahaha. Nobody in Nigeria is asking him for a dime. I'm the only person who chats him "rarely". He doesn't call anybody.
You can't be too sure except he cut ties with his family members.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Bodyodour: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
hector:

Hahahaha. Nobody in Nigeria is asking him for a dime. I'm the only person who chats him "rarely". He doesn't call anybody.
ur cousin is very stingy .
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Petyprincess:

You can't be too sure except he cut ties with his family members.

His mum and dad are in the US. He has only one sibling who is also in the US. We are their closest family members
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Bodyodour:
ur cousin is very stingy .

Hahaha. Why do u say so?
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by DAramis: 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
hector:

Hahaha. Why do u say so?
That is what others wanted to tell you but are busy filtering it.

The bro above told you exactly what your cousin is without colouring
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Bossman(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
It's all relative. To some, $270 (120K naira) may not be a lot, however it could be for others. The fact that he works in IT does not mean much. Yes, IT pays well, but he could also have tons of bills to pay, he is saving up for something, etc. As someone mentioned, one can live off of that for a month in some locations. May be you could ask how much he can afford to give you, and then find other means to make up the difference.

hector:

Please those of you in the US who have also been in Nigeria please can u help me with describing the worth of $270 in terms of purchasing power and wage. How long would it take someone to make 270dollars taking into consideration minimum wage.

What and what can u buy with 270dollars. Is it really a big money like he said. Someone of what salary level will consider it a big money?

1 Like

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hakeem4(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
270 is actually a very big amount. It depends on his income and what he’s budgeting his money on. We can’t just easily jump into conclusions.

What if you’re not part of his budget for this month

5 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
hakeem4:
270 is actually a very big amount. It depends on his income and what he’s budgeting his money on. We can’t just easily jump into conclusions.

What if you’re not part of his budget for this month

When u say "270 is actually a very big amount" I will like you to expatiate.
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by olasehinde35130: 11:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
:You can't be too sure except he cut ties with his family members.His mum and dad are in the US. He has only one sibling who is also in the US. We are their closest family members
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by SlowlybtSurely: 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
hector:
What and what can u buy with 270dollars. Is it really a big money like he said. Someone of what salary level will consider it a big money?

It really doesn't matter if $270 is big or small. It is HIS money and he has told you he can not afford to give you that much.

Stop feeling entitled to someone else's money.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Bossman(m): 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
Honestly, it should not matter if $270 is big here, and what it can buy. The bottom line is, he told you he can't afford what you are asking, period! After all it's HIS money.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
SlowlybtSurely:

It really doesn't matter if $270 is big or small. It is HIS money and he has told you he can not afford to give you that much.

Stop feeling entitled to someone else's money.
Why can't you read and understand? U just crop one paragraph out to justify your point. When did asking a question or seeking answers so as to know more about the economy of the US become a sense of entitlement. U people just like insulting people on nairaland just to draw attention and make yourself popular for an unnecessary reason. Please leave my thread alone, abeg.
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
Bossman:
Honestly, it should not matter if $270 is big here, and what it can buy. The bottom line is, he told you he can't afford what you are asking, period! After all it's HIS money.

I didn't come here to know if the money is big alone. I want to know the purchasing power of that money over there. It helps me understand certain demographics and the state of their economy.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by SlowlybtSurely: 12:33am On Dec 15, 2020
hector:

Why can't you read and understand? U just crop one paragraph out to justify your point. When did asking a question or seeking answers so as to know more about the economy of the US become a sense of entitlement. U people just like insulting people on nairaland just to draw attention and make yourself popular for an unnecessary reason. Please leave my thread alone, abeg.

Lol. Why else will you be asking if $270 is big or small if not for the sole reason of wanting people on here to echo your thoughts of him being stingy? You couldn't wait to find out for yourself when you move to the US?

Again, stop feeling entitled to someone else's money.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by MRosario(m): 1:02am On Dec 15, 2020
hector:

I didn't come here to know if the money is big alone. I want to know the purchasing power of that money over there. It helps me understand certain demographics and the state of their economy.
Your cousin has answered the question, he said the money is big money and he can't afford to give out. So I see no reason why you're asking strangers online, our answers will not change anything because $270 is not considered as big money to me, but to your cousin who is the Person of Interest, it is big money.

To answer your question, it would take someone earning minimum wage in Maryland roughly 3 days to make that money, but I can assure you he will spend roughly 70% on Bill's as a single person

Friendly advice: stop your entitlement mentality, I can smell it from here and I don't even know you, imagine how those who know you feel?
He probably won't send you $10, not necessarily because he doesn't have it but because of your attitude.
A young struggling guy abroad hustling per hour to pay Bill's should cough out $270 because you asked nicely?

I pray you go abroad to hustle legitimately for your money, then you will be disgusted at yourself for creating this post.

At least you are Nigerian, you should know the value of this one.
Imagine I ask you to borrow me 127 thousand naira, you refuse, then I go about asking how valuable 127k is in Nigeria. Does the value take away the fact that you cannot borrow me that amount probably because you don't have it?
Even if its 10 naira, what matters is you consider it big money and you don't have such to spare. I didn't work the money for you, so what gives me the right to dictate if it is big money for you or not?

14 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by ednut1(m): 1:20am On Dec 15, 2020
hector:

Lol. Debt? U think so? He schooled in the US. He did his high school and university in the US.
what if he has student loans or mortgage to pay. You no get shame ni Ogbeni go hustle for your own money. From 200 dols you will move to 500 angry

4 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by ednut1(m): 1:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Petyprincess:
Lol i had an experience with one American to send 50 dollars na war while i have gotten more than 4000 zloty from my boyfriend.

Your brother might be paying some debts or loan nd doesn't wanna tell you about it.
are you a yahoo girl grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by AfriCanadian1: 1:36am On Dec 15, 2020
ednut1:

I must say I was shocked while reading that post. Nowhere did it state how much she sent to others, only how much she received from others.
The entitlement on this thread is alarming

5 Likes

Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 15, 2020
Op has been asking silly questions of late
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 3:52am On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=hector post=970701
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by hector: 3:54am On Dec 15, 2020
Bossman:
It's all relative. To some, $270 (120K naira) may not be a lot, however it could be for others. The fact that he works in IT does not mean much. Yes, IT pays well, but he could also have tons of bills to pay, he is saving up for something, etc. As someone mentioned, one can live off of that for a month in some locations. May be you could ask how much he can afford to give you, and then find other means to make up the difference.

Thank you for this comment. I think this is the most sensible comment from this post!

Thank you to every other person who made their contribution. I have gotten my answer from this person!
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by int0x80(m): 5:02am On Dec 15, 2020
Your cousin doesn't want to send you money. I have used the same excuse before. Sometimes, you just don't want to send money to some people. Go and hustle for your own money!
Re: What's The Worth Of 270 Dollars In The US by Petyprincess(f): 6:22am On Dec 15, 2020
ednut1:
Lol these people are people i know personally,i have never collected money under any pretence,catfishing whatsoever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You In Need Of Egypt Visa Urgently? / American Passport Renewal: Current Price / Renouncing Your American Citizenship Due To High Tax Rate.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.