Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison (37859 Views)

Abike Dabiri: We Are Doing Everything To Get Omah Lay, Tems Freed / Burna Boy, Fireboy, Laycon, Plead With Uganda Govt To Release Omah Lay, Tems / Kanye West Flies In Ugandan President's Helicopter To Children's Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Ogaga87:

Funke of Jenifer diary was asked to do community service here in Nigeria.

What are you saying

AND YOU SAW HER DOING IT?
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by JovialJune(f): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Happy2020:
Nigerians cannot go around the world thinking everywhere is lawless like Nigeria is. This is the issue. Other countries have rules and actually enforce their rules.
Whatever he gets, that’s what he gets. Let this be a lesson to him, his team and all Nigerians that you’re not above the fuxxxin law and your money can’t buy everyone.

Dumb

So many dumb people on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by CapitalCee(m): 8:13am On Dec 15, 2020
Kuns84:
Uganda

Uganda

I said Uganda
..arrested not one but TWO of our "biggest" artistes of the year ... and the Nigerian government cannot intervene. Those baboons we call leaders have openly declared youths as enemies of the state. They dont give a fucck about y'all..

Imagine if this happened to a citizen of any western country? Just imagine..

Our government openly showed the world that Nigerian lives do not matter.. now Uganda is ... Chai cry

See ehn, Nigerians, we are on our own o
We have no country.

Will you shut your dirty mouth up? Is it Nig govt that asked them to misbehave in uganda?
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Rotji(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2020
I hope by this no Nigerian Artist will ever go to Uganda again whether for performance or any other bizness. And by Artist I mean all forms of entertainers ie Music, Movies kai even sports self. In fact even business
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by odehsun: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2020
This is not Nigeria but Uganda. American Artist will not violate covid 20 guideline knowing fully well what covid 19 did to them. We take everything for granted and likes to play smart at everything forgetting that the Law is the Law in other countries
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by francotunsco: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2020
Even here in Nigeria, Funke Akindele was prosecuted and convicted alongside other super stars before getting state pardon.
I think the case should be allowed to fly based on it's merit.
Protocols on Covid-19 [/s]should[s] must be strictly adhered to, especially by high influencers.
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Revolva(m): 8:54am On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Tonytonex(m): 9:04am On Dec 15, 2020
saaphiere:
A country where the law is above the people.

That energy Nigerians are using to campaign for the freedom of Omah Lay or whatever his name is, they should channel that energy to campaign for the freedom of the students abducted in Katsina state.

Omah should face the wrath of the law to serve as a lesson for others.

He thought Uganda is Nigeria.
Naira whatever tried that nonsense in Nigeria by breaking COVID-19 protocol and was celebrated.

Uganda no be Naija.
My wish is for him to spend this Christmas in that prison for that he can learn. Most Nigerians only learn things the hard way.
Their phones should be collected and prison garments given to them to wear.
Imagine inside the court he was busy tweeting rubbish on Twitter.
What was Naira Mad-man asked to do?
I will pay you to go and assassinate someone ok. Don't worry you won't be arrested if caught. I will be the one to be arrested since I am the one who'd pay you for the assassination.
you were making sense initially. but later go south.
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by ncoolsome(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Good for them.

Maybe this will be a lesson to rule breakers.

Uganda isn't Nigeria where lawlessness reign

Celeb pass Celebs...I can bet they wont try this with an international star like didy or Jay Z,why am I even going far Davido or Burns Boy.
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Lemmy123(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2020
An average Nairalander is dumb.. Y'all are being unfair in your conclusions and judgments, why are you all sounding like he stole something?. You can't depend on Nairaland reports to make hasty conclusions when you've not really investigated how the whole thing turned out...
Please you guys need to visit Twitter too see how disappointed everyone (Including Ugandans) is about their government. Gosh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Lagosianswag: 9:43am On Dec 15, 2020
I read this thread thoroughly only to discover how much hatred and ignorance has eaten deep into the fabrics of our society (Nigeria) sad

Two young and thriving artists being paraded in Uganda for civil disobedience via negligence on the part of the show organisers and my fellow Nigerians including the original poster of the thread thinks it's okay and they deserve it and more! shocked

Who do us!? Them kill person? Them carry drugs!? Them do money laundering!? - NO!!!

And you're happy Ugandans are putting young celebrities to shame for political reasons in a civil disobedience case of breaking covid-19 guidelines!!!

Wow! We no longer value ourselves, why then should other Africans value us when they read this mess embarassed

If Seun Osewa was invited to a public seminar in Uganda and he gets arrested for breaking covid-19 guidelines due to negligence on the part of the organisers, is this how we'll also disgrace the owner of one of the largest online forum in Africa in his own domain?

It's a pity we didn't think this through before publicly condeming our compatriots to the gallows over a civil disobedience case. undecided

NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT AGAIN angry

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2020
saaphiere:

That energy Nigerians are using to campaign for the freedom of Omah Lay or whatever his name is, they should channel that energy to campaign for the freedom of the students abducted in Katsina state.

Naira whatever tried that nonsense in Nigeria by breaking COVID-19 protocol and was celebrated.

Uganda no be Naija.
My wish is for him to spend this Christmas in that prison for that he can learn. Most Nigerians only learn things the hard way.
I will pay you to go and assassinate someone ok. Don't worry you won't be arrested if caught. I will be the one to be arrested since I am the one who'd pay you for the assassination.

Shut up your smelly mouth mumu... Did you not also read or hear that the said show has been booked since months ago and was also advertised for people to be aware of? These Artistes got invited for show, Tickets were sold online and all the necessary pass and permits him and Tems needed were already provided for long before the day of the show.. Even the Uganda Police were well informed of the incoming show and they even arranged for his security from the Airport up to Hotel rooms as well as the show ground itself... If you are sensible enough, you would have realized that this is more like a planned work or a set up for Omah Lay and Tems... The show wasn't an Impromptu event, it's something that had been planned for long before the day... So what nonsense rule violation are you talking about? You go just open nonsense mouth waaaaahhhh like tap water... Enter Twitter and go talk this nonsense and see how people will roast you alive. Arìndìn!

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by mayorofyentown(m): 9:46am On Dec 15, 2020
i jst pity 4 dem...
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2020
saaphiere:

Uganda no be Naija.

I swear.. having read your comments and replies to this dingbats..
You have won my Respect..
You stated Facts without sentiments and emotions..
Much respect to you my dear..
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Burstit(m): 10:47am On Dec 15, 2020
saaphiere:

Uganda no be Naija.
mumu
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Burstit(m): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2020
saaphiere:

Uganda no be Naija.
Jealousy and envy kee you dia
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Sally4jfson3: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2020
#FreeOmaylah #FreeTems
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Dreyton36: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2020
See ehn I no blame Uganda , I blame buhari he's a coward

Them nor born Uganda well to arrest artists like Nasty c, AKA, Sarkodie, Eugene

Their president must don change am for them on a low-key nobody go even know how Uganda release them

Kpatakpata Dem go only detain them up to 4hours , and them nor go even cuff them

Imagine a top notch country like Nigeria has been reduced to nothing

Uganda wey only dangote fit buy

One poor almajiri is equal to 7 uganda poor citizens

Uganda nor even get boys wey they hot , them sabi Wells Fargo , capital one and others

Wetin dey pain me here pass be say them handcuff my darling TEMS cryimagine that tems ass them con put cuff for her hand

If only Nigerians wake up to realize that we're the U.S.A of Africa ehn
Everybody go they respect us

We go burn down every bad politician and their family make the run japa commot naija

One Nigerian citizen suppose equal to 30 south African citizens on a norms

All the ugandan artists never blow reach omah lay sef not to talk of the likes of Wizkid (number1)

What do I know , make I find somewhere put preeq abeg undecided

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by EMMY76: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2020
lagusboyyy:
The only positive i learnt from this is that ugandan does not condone breaking of laws.
Assuming this happened in Nigeria. Hmmm!

They don't condone breaking of laws yet they allowed one man to be controlling their destinies for over 34yrs now?
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by chaloskyx: 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
OGA THEY BROKE THE LAW THEY SHOULD FACE THE MUSIC I READ THEY PLAYED A FAST ONE ON THE GOVERNMENT AS WHAT THEY WERE APPROVED TO DO WAS A DINNER PARTY BUT LATER TURNED IT TO CONCERT AND YES AM BITTER FOR THEM CARRYING THEIR LAWLESS BEHAVIOR TO ANOTHER CONTRY CAUSE IT WORKS IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN IT WOULD WORK IN MORE ORGANISED SOCIETIES WHERE THE RULE OF LAW STILL EXISTS.
TerrorSquad147:
so are you trying to say omah lay and tems just decided to organise a concert in another man's country? The level of bitterness in your life is alarming
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
lexy2014:

Dude, did d govt of Uganda not no that d artists were coming to perform in a show? Y didn't d govt stop d show from going on and y did it Grant d artists visas for d performance?

Do you even know what the guidelines are?
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by PAQ(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Imagine during lockdown, NastyC, Sakodie etc came to play in Nigeria when our stars were not allowed to perform and hungry... Imagine the carnage it would have created. But how come its ok for us to go to another mans country, oppress all their hungry artists, flaunt their laws and think it ok?

Those guys are lucky the current dictator in Uganda is not Idi Amin! He would have had them for launch.

I dont really blame the artists, but their managers who where just concerned of cashing out and not their clients welfare.
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by aravindan: 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
It has been simply incredibly generous with you to provide openly what exactly many individuals would’ve marketed for an eBook to end up making some cash for their end, primarily given that you could have tried it in the event you wanted.
[url]
https://www.softlogicsys.in/datascience-training-in-chennai/
[/url]
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by lexy2014: 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
Kongulu:

Do you even know what the guidelines are?

Pls intimate me of d guidelines and answer d following questions u avoided answering:

Dude, did d govt of Uganda not no that d artists were coming to perform in a show? Y didn't d govt stop d show from going on and y did it Grant d artists visas for d performance?
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
abduljabbar4:

I think you are not just bipolar, you also seem to have a problem with AMNESIA. Who brouth the issue of REGIONS here? Remind me pleasecheesy

Do you know what's funny about success by southern youths? You can't trust it. Invictus Obi, Hushpuppy, Evans, Mompha, Ewude, etc were all "successful southern youths" until the news broke out.

Let me take a sleep and allow you to continue wallowing in your idiocy.

Upon all your wailing and crying yesterday, they've both been released, but last time I checked your sultan was is still wailing about insecurity in the north and mama buhari has ran out of the villa because of insecurity....hahahahaha

Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by Burstit(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2020
saaphiere:

Uganda no be Naija.
envy kee you dia
Re: Omah Lay, Tems, Four Others Remanded In Ugandan Prison by nathaniel27(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2020
stagger:

Keep quiet! Have you ever crossed the border of your local government, talkless of going to Uganda? You just wake up and make noise all over the place!

Go bleep yourself then
Mr weed the traveler

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wedding Of 60-Year-Old Jedidah Ogunleye, Simi's Mother (Official Photos) / AY Apologizes To Tboss For The Rape Joke, Explains Himself (pic, Video) / Actress Iyabo Ojo Crushes On Self After Movie Premiere (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.