Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President (35377 Views)

Billboards Showing Biden As A Terrorist Saying Making The Taliban Great Again / Inauguration Of Joe Biden As US President (Live Video) / Putin Not Ready To Recognise Biden As US President Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by PureMe01: 2:53am On Dec 15, 2020
I could be wrong...pls I don't need typical Biden thugs or over zealous Trump supporters to lay emphasis...
I need an impartial explanation on this...a U.S friend sent me this.

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by cococandy(f): 2:57am On Dec 15, 2020
Did they have any other choice?
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by oloshun(m): 3:04am On Dec 15, 2020
fobiflex:
Trump should just concede defeat

He doesn't need to. The election will concede him.

1 Like

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by thatsleepboy1: 3:06am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:
Donald J Trump u may have lost the battle but we hard core conservatives will continue the war against liberals & leftists and their lack of social values.
This is just the beginning of a very long battle for the soul of the world.

It's a pity that the fall of america has come. Rev 18
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Betscoreodds: 3:07am On Dec 15, 2020
They rig Trump out
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Nchenches: 3:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Aileexa1:
What I want to know is why some Nigerians are so obsessed with who is and is not president.

[b]You guys couldn't put the right leader to gover[/b]n your country through your votes but here you are, acting delusional for a country you might never visit.
Na wa oh

Sham democracy and voting in Nigeria.

Before every election, a super political class in northern Nigeria chooses who will be the next president and presents him through one political party to the electorate to ratify with votes.

The super political class was created through proliferation of too many states in the north by northern soldiers who wrongly used land mass as criterion to proliferate 20 new states in one region north but only 17 states in two regions south of Nigeria.
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 15, 2020
Nchenches:

Sham democracy and voting in Nigeria.

Before every election, a super political class in northern Nigeria chooses who will be the next president and present to the electorate to ratify with votes.

The super political class was created through proliferation of too many states in the north by northern soldiers.

I don't fully agree on this

1 Like

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by int0x80(m): 3:15am On Dec 15, 2020
PureMe01:
I could be wrong...pls I don't need typical Biden thugs or over zealous Trump supporters to lay emphasis...
That won't fly, trust me on that. And Pence is not going to certify any election, he will only ceremonially accept what has been already certified today. It's just a long standing tradition that doesn't have any legal ramifications. It's over for Trump! The allegations of wide voter fraud are unfounded. That did not happen, of course there is no election without irregularities but that's not enough to overturn the outcome of the election. Joseph R Biden is the 46th president of America!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Nchenches: 3:18am On Dec 15, 2020
Aileexa1:

I don't fully agree on this

I thought you knew why we have been unable to get a good leader to lead us in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s skewed political structure is the reason.

A Nigerian presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in 24 of the 36 states before pronounced winner;
but 19 of the states are in Fulani-led northern region.

Do you truly believe that any southern presidential candidate can ever win unless the north is not seriously contesting to have the president come from the north?
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by PureMe01: 3:46am On Dec 15, 2020
int0x80:
That won't fly, trust me on that. And Pence is not going to certify any election, he will only ceremonially accept what has been already certified today. It's just a long standing tradition that doesn't have any legal ramifications. It's over for Trump! The allegations of wide voter fraud is unfounded. That did not happen, of course there is no election without irregularities but that's not enough to overturn the outcome of the election. Joseph R Biden is the 46th president of America!
u didn't make any sense to me...u just handed a sentimental opinion.
Jan 6 is somewhat a bride's day
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by ipobarethieves: 3:53am On Dec 15, 2020
sunboy:
Where is openbusiness grin
under pawpaw leaf cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by joshuaidibia(m): 4:01am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:
Donald J Trump u may have lost the battle but we hard core conservatives will continue the war against liberals & leftists and their lack of social values.
Ode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by dalass(f): 4:05am On Dec 15, 2020
KarlWhyte:
this news just dey sweet me! grin

Hope this one is better though. Congrarts to Biden

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by int0x80(m): 4:11am On Dec 15, 2020
PureMe01:
There is no ground for such to happen, that's the sense I was trying to make to you. Don't buy into that bullshits! American people have voted loud and clear. Trump is just tryna make more money from his gullible supporters!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by rolams(m): 4:15am On Dec 15, 2020
GayPontiff:
Righteousness89 what did the Lord say again?

The Lord said "Biden the anointed and elected US president" In broda shaggi's voice "Taink you"

2 Likes

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by rolams(m): 4:21am On Dec 15, 2020
Betscoreodds:
They rig Trump out

But Trump did not rigged Hillary away right?

Radada! From the corner of your room in one local area in Nigeria, you are telling us how one careless man was rigged out in America. Are you a witch? Infact, you need to be arrested for doing Amebo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by rottennaija(m): 4:32am On Dec 15, 2020
GayPontiff:
Lol
Allow the guy rest na
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by bellong: 4:37am On Dec 15, 2020
PureMe01:

You requested for an unbiased explanation but your response doesn't show you were actually looking for an explanation but validation.

I will help you with the explanation based on what their constitution stipulates and not what Trump or Biden's supporters think.

On January 6, 2021, the electoral college votes will be read in a joint session of congress presided by the president of the Senate in VP Mike Pence. VP Pence will open the certificates as a ceremonial act being president of the senate. However, four tellers (2 House of Rep member and 2 senators) will read and tally the votes. Pence has no constitutional power to change or interfere in this process.

Once the four tellers complete the tally, VP Pence will declare the winner. Session cannot end until a winner is declared. Pence cannot announce different result.

Nevertheless, a member of either chamber of congress could object. There can be up to two hours of debate on the matter, with members speaking for up to five minutes each. So there's likely to be some political theater.

But the objection would need to pass both chambers of Congress with a simple majority to be sustained, and given that the Democrats firmly control the House, that's not going to happen.

A lot of Republican Senators and Reps have been throwing support and offering congratulatory messages to president-elect Biden. The chance of them objecting is very low. Most of them would also not want to be seen as undermining the constitution.

What that person wrote is plain ignorance. VP Pence has no constitutional power to change things for Trump in this matter after the electoral college victory.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by dragunov: 4:40am On Dec 15, 2020
GayPontiff:

grin grin grin Walahi, you are a criminal.
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by dragunov: 4:45am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:

So for your eyes Trump has social values, abi?

1 Like

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Olofin2(m): 4:50am On Dec 15, 2020
sunboy:
Where is openbusiness grin

They should keep a watch on that openbussiness idiot to avoid suicide from him.
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by rusher14: 4:58am On Dec 15, 2020
fobiflex:
Trump should just concede defeat

It doesn't matter what he does anymore.
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Olofin2(m): 4:59am On Dec 15, 2020
Openbusiness:
Kikikiki grin grin grin At least, no b ur energy I dey use. Why are you so sensitive?

I hope you won't commit suicide. Ipob

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 15, 2020
heykims:
What will our con pastors and Mr Righteousness09 say now about their prophesies? Those guys will start changing narrations now.
TB Joshua kukuma won't release prophesy until now that the event has taken place and u start hearing he said it 3 months agogrin
Really CONFUSED and CON MEN PASTORS
Religion has finished Nigeria.
Young Graduates are no longer Innovative, rather they want to become Pastors.
You'll see a First Class Electrical Engineering Graduate, dumping his ambition to pastor a 2BedRoom Flat Church.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by King2019(m): 5:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Biden

The news dey sweet me oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by azzima(m): 5:07am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:
From where Enugu??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by dragunov: 5:22am On Dec 15, 2020
PureMe01:

Its not going to happen. This hopeless guys keep shifting goal post. First, they said Trump was gonna win in a land slide. When that didn't happen, they said they had enough evidence and proof that the election was thoroughly rigged. When no evidence was substantiated, they said the courts will help them overturn the election. When the courts started throwing out the case, they said the supreme court will help. Even Trump called it the big one. Alas, they failed. Then they said the electorate stuff that just happened will help them scuttle Biden. Now that too has failed. They are looking at January 6. Its not going to work because they will never get a legal backing for it.

This right wing cults and their soothsayers use disinformation and misinformation via the social media platforms to manipulate and achieve mind control. Trump himself is a master of mass manipulation and hypnosis.

4 Likes

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by dragunov: 5:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Betscoreodds:
They rig Trump out

How did you know? Is it because you guys don't know how the real democracy works?

2 Likes

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Amotekun777: 5:31am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:

Another okoro fool claiming to be hard core conservative to a man that ONLY sees him as A savage living in a Sh!thole. grin Deluded bunch of fools! angry

2 Likes

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Victorclean1: 5:33am On Dec 15, 2020
The only thing that destroyed Donald Trump is being a severe racist.

He has a good heart for USA but unfortunately the foundational power that be don't allow him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Creepy' UK Men Are Advertising Shelter For Only Attractive Ukrainian Refugees / 'Robert Mugabe Can No Longer Walk' - President Emmerson Mnangagwa / Abramovich Exports His Two £1.3bn Yatchs To Avoid Them Getting Seized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.