Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Samsung Official Thread - Phones (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Official Thread (166850 Views)

Iphone Vs Samsung Official Discussion Thread / Itel It1704 (prime 4) Personal Review.. Official Thread / Leagoo M9 official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Official Thread by samsard(m): 5:07am On Sep 18, 2022
azeez1271:

Collected it from a brother, he couldnt repair it because of the cost. So i want to know how much i can get the screen
Any S series Samsung phone from S10 that is basically a plus model would cost about 100k at least. Samsung screens are prohibitively expensive
Re: Samsung Official Thread by samsard(m): 5:16am On Sep 18, 2022
Auskyd:

Ahan now, s10 is like 4 years old, no more updates and support, and old hardware as well. A53 is actually very very good and will serve you better than an s10 rn. A53 has 120htz refresh rate, upgraded cameras and a decent chip.

I’d pick it over the s10 Biko.
120hz refresh rate is overhyped. And I've used an S21 & and using a 21 Plus. Most modern mid range phones have barely caught up to the flagship performance from the S10 Plus sha. But like you said, it's no longer getting updates & hardware is a little old.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by henrygold100: 5:24am On Sep 18, 2022
Harryfrosh:
i can see other brands having their own threads, samsung is a big brand globally i think samsung also need its own official threads for samsung users. i just odered for my first samsung phone.. Note 20 Ultra snapdragon and samsung buds live which should be with me by weekend.. i just think samsung have a huge users in dis forum and we should also have a thread for it
who has s7 for sale
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2022
samsard:
120hz refresh rate is overhyped. And I've used an S21 & and using a 21 Plus. Most modern mid range phones have barely caught up to the flagship performance from the S10 Plus sha. But like you said, it's no longer getting updates & hardware is a little old.

Dunno about you Sha, but 120thz is not overhyped in the least. It's a very necessary addition for people like me that do a lot of things on our devices.

It's overrated yet every OEM is using it including apple? Abeg that's your personal preference lol

And a LOT of devices have caught up to the s10 series. Look at the pixels. 5, 5a and 6a are midRangers, yet do you think the s10 outperforms them? No. See the Redmi note 10 pro. See Poco.

midRangers yapa with snapdragon 865 and even the 8 gen 1. Will you say the s10 is faster? Check out the Motorola Edge 2021 5G UW.

Play games on it and the s10 and come back let's discuss wella. 90% of midRangers will leave the s10 in the dust anytime in long term endurance performance.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Official Thread by ErnyyBobo: 12:56am On Sep 19, 2022
Auskyd:

Dunno about you Sha, but 120thz is not overhyped in the least. It's a very necessary addition for people like me that do a lot of things on our devices.

It's overrated yet every OEM is using it including apple? Abeg that's your personal preference lol

And a LOT of devices have caught up to the s10 series. Look at the pixels. 5, 5a and 6a are midRangers, yet do you think the s10 outperforms them? No. See the Redmi note 10 pro. See Poco.

midRangers yapa with snapdragon 865 and even the 8 gen 1. Will you say the s10 is faster? Check out the Motorola Edge 2021 5G UW.

Play games on it and the s10 and come back let's discuss wella. 90% of midRangers will leave the s10 in the dust anytime in long term endurance performance.

After my research and reviews.. I have come to realize that the advantage the A53 has over the s10plus is that it's got bigger battery and faster charging and will receive more android updates as the s10pus only stops at android 12.... All these might not be a priority to someone like me. And considering the prices too if someone is one a tight budget ....... My eyes still dey on the S10 plus... A flagship will always be a flagship.... That's my humble opinion Sha..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 2:32am On Sep 19, 2022
ErnyyBobo:

After my research and reviews.. I have come to realize that the advantage the A53 has over the s10plus is that it's got bigger battery and faster charging and will receive more android updates as the s10pus only stops at android 12.... All these might not be a priority to someone like me. And considering the prices too if someone is one a tight budget ....... My eyes still dey on the S10 plus... A flagship will always be a flagship.... That's my humble opinion Sha..

Don't say nobody warned you, but don't buy the s10 plus. Maybe the note 10, but not the s10. It won't be slpw or anything, but buy something a bit recent.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Timekeeper: 9:02am On Sep 19, 2022
i no dey buy. just dey ask tho

thanks
Djdannyb4u:

The Galaxy Note 10 outshines the A50.
Some vendors still claim to have new ones for sale. Check Jumia or Computer Village.(Don't fully trust them)
In terms of knowing their specs, check gsmarena.com then ask Nairalanders some of the terminologies you don't understand.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by ErnyyBobo: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2022
Auskyd:

Don't say nobody warned you, but don't buy the s10 plus. Maybe the note 10, but not the s10. It won't be slpw or anything, but buy something a bit recent.

Can you list your reservations. Let's see!!
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 10:53am On Sep 19, 2022
ErnyyBobo:

Can you list your reservations. Let's see!!

1. Old chip. Will run very well, but has its limitations.
2. Battery life. You're never getting good battery life on a phone that old.
3. Software updates. I'll say less on this one cos everyone knows.

If you're even going to get any 10 series, let it be the note 10 and not the s10.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by ErnyyBobo: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2022
Auskyd:

If you're even going to get any 10 series, let it be the note 10 and not the s10.

1. As far as I'm concerned. It will run very well.. that's all that matters for an average user like me.. (if you can do well to list the limitations, let's see. I'm sure it's not gonna be that significant.

2. I can as well buy a new battery from Samsung and fix it.. So battery is not a problem.

3. Software update is not personal for me.. I'm still okay with android 12 for the next 2years before getting another phone. So software update is not an issue for me..

Getting Something Recent will still Cut over my tight budget..

Don't forget I'm talking about the s10plus..
The Note 10 you are mentioning has no significant or Major Advantage over s10 plus..
Both has same snapdragon chipset.
Both software updates stops at android 12..
The Note 10 even has a lower batter of 3500mah.
Only Note 10plus has 4300mah. And I don't like the size of Note series....
At the end of the day. What matters is the value I'm getting for my TIGHT BUDGET....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2022
ErnyyBobo:

1. As far as I'm concerned. It will run very well.. that's all that matters for an average user like me.. (if you can do well to list the limitations, let's see. I'm sure it's not gonna be that significant.

2. I can as well buy a new battery from Samsung and fix it.. So battery is not a problem.

3. Software update is not personal for me.. I'm still okay with android 12 for the next 2years before getting another phone. So software update is not an issue for me..

Getting Something Recent will still Cut over my tight budget..

Don't forget I'm talking about the s10plus..
The Note 10 you are mentioning has no significant or Major Advantage over s10 plus..
Both has same snapdragon chipset.
Both software updates stops at android 12..
The Note 10 even has a lower batter of 3500mah.
Only Note 10plus has 4300mah. And I don't like the size of Note series....
At the end of the day. What matters is the value I'm getting for my TIGHT BUDGET....

All your points are valid, and if that’s what you want, hey I can’t stop you. If you want to buy the s10 plus, it’s cool. It’s still a very capable device by any standard. for me, the note 10+ will serve you better than that S10+. Take this from someone that has used both when they were released.

For that battery change from Samsung, good luck with that. Even here in naija they won’t put the original for you. Just a generic battery unless you are very insistent on seeing it before they fix it for you.

But yeah, if you are fine with all of this, by all means buy the s10 plus.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by AIREGIN360(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
azeez1271:
Pls is this s20 ultra or FE?

And how much can i get the screen and the back glass
That's S20 Plus, screen is about 140k
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Deicide: 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2022
Auskyd:

What Samsung mid range chip do you wanna compare to the Snapdragon 855 a 7nm processor?

You can always change battery, so this is not even an issue.

What do you mean by software update? Samsung base software or what?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2022
Deicide:

What Samsung mid range chip do you wanna compare to the Snapdragon 855 a 7nm processor?

You can always change battery, so this is not even an issue.

What do you mean by software update? Samsung base software or what?
Lol Omo to each his own. No need trying to convince anyone on what to buy. It's all about preference in the end.

For me, I'd rather buy an A53 or 52 than buy an S10plus that will be 5 years old next year.

Again, preferences.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by samsard(m): 4:00am On Sep 20, 2022
AIREGIN360:
That's S20 Plus, screen is about 140k
And this is why I've spent probably no less than 25-30k on screen guards this year to protect Samsung phone displays. grin I'd rather pay 1500-5k a pop than 100k+ to change displays.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Official Thread by ErnyyBobo: 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2022
Auskyd:

All your points are valid, and if that’s what you want, hey I can’t stop you. If you want to buy the s10 plus, it’s cool. It’s still a very capable device by any standard. for me, the note 10+ will serve you better than that S10+. Take this from someone that has used both when they were released.

For that battery change from Samsung, good luck with that. Even here in naija they won’t put the original for you. Just a generic battery unless you are very insistent on seeing it before they fix it for you.

But yeah, if you are fine with all of this, by all means buy the s10 plus.

What about S20.?? Thinking of adding something and kuku settling for S20.. should be a good phone flagship to start the year with right? Why reservations about S20??
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2022
ErnyyBobo:

What about S20.?? Thinking of adding something and kuku settling for S20.. should be a good phone flagship to start the year with right? Why reservations about S20??

Omo s20 is very very capable please. Go for this. But don't buy the plus version. It has screen issues where you will start seeing green lines one by one. Buy the s20 or the ultra.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Quadrel: 8:30am On Sep 21, 2022
I have issues with my contact application (samsung note 10 plus), it keeps crashing, even my call log isn't displaying, how do i solve this please?

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Jp96(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
Hello house. Been using my A30 since 2019, and now I plan to buy A33.
I want to ask if the portrait camera on samsung A33 is better than that of iphone X
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
Jp96:
Hello house. Been using my A30 since 2019, and now I plan to buy A33.
I want to ask if the portrait camera on samsung A33 is better than that of iphone X

I doubt it. A33 is a upper mid range budget phone.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
Quadrel:
I have issues with my contact application (samsung note 10 plus), it keeps crashing, even my call log isn't displaying, how do i solve this please?

Do a factory reset.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by henrygold100: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
Abeg original Samsung s7 edge de carry black line all round the screen All those little visible thick black line all round the phone. And what’s the easiest way to identify fake s7 edge

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
henrygold100:
Abeg original Samsung s7 edge de carry black line all round the screen All those little visible thick black line all round the phone. And what’s the easiest way to identify fake s7 edge

This is an original 7 edge. No fake can bend the screen like that. Those lines are normal. No worry

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Official Thread by asoj12(m): 2:22am On Sep 26, 2022
Hello house,
I am in need of a Samsung 10 plus screen.anyone up for a reasonable deal?

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 4:27am On Sep 26, 2022
asoj12:
Hello house,
I am in need of a Samsung 10 plus screen.anyone up for a reasonable deal?

Go to official store and buy. 110k.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by henrygold100: 6:35am On Sep 26, 2022
Auskyd:

This is an original 7 edge. No fake can bend the screen like that. Those lines are normal. No worry
fake s7 edge de bend oo, u neva jam.
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2022
henrygold100:
fake s7 edge de bend oo, u neva jam.

That's a lie. A big fat lie lol. No fake can imitate that curved screen. You think that thing is cheap to make?
Re: Samsung Official Thread by henrygold100: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
Auskyd:

That's a lie. A big fat lie lol. No fake can imitate that curved screen. You think that thing is cheap to make?

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
[quote author=henrygold100 post=117024710][/quote]

Lmao bro look at what you sent. Does that screen look curved to you? Please someone should check this and confirm it. That screen isn’t curved at all!
Re: Samsung Official Thread by henrygold100: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Auskyd:

Lmao bro look at what you sent. Does that screen look curved to you? Please someone should check this and confirm it. That screen isn’t curved at all!
look at the top, it is

1 Like

Re: Samsung Official Thread by Auskyd(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2022
henrygold100:
look at the top, it is

You realize the curve is on the sides right? Lol
Re: Samsung Official Thread by Privatejet: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2022
Can someone please help me out. Can’t get it past here. Taken it to some engineers and they don’t know what to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (115) (Reply)

How To Reset Or Unlock Android Pattern Security Lock / Unlocking Itel Pattern Lock / Unlock All Blackberry Apps (activation Codes)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.