Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Ofonagroro Calls For Ohakim's Says He Has Shown Good Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ofonagroro Calls For Ohakim's Says He Has Shown Good Leadership (558 Views)

Buhari Receives GLO CAF Platinum Award For Good Leadership / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ofonagroro Calls For Ohakim's Says He Has Shown Good Leadership by udoagwu: 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ofonagroro Calls For Ohakim's says he has shown good leadership

Former Minister of Information Walter Ofonagoro has urged Imo electorates to ensure that the state governor, Ikedi Ohakim is re-elected at the governorship election slated for next month.

Ofonagoro made the call on Tuesday during Ohakim’s campaign rally at Nwangele that witnessed massive crowed of supporters at the event.

While commending Ohakim’s focussed leadership style, he harped on the need for continuity considering the laudable projects initiated and completed by the administration, saying that there is no need to change a winning team when there is opportunity for continuity.

Ofonagoro, also an associate professor of Colombia university in the United States of America (USA) who listed some of the projects executed by Ohakim-led administration ranging from road construction, solar boreholes, solar-driven power, construction of health centres and school builings among others said the governor has performed creditably well to merit a second tenure.

‘’by my assessment as well as the assessment of my people governor Ikedi Ohakim has performed to the satisfaction of the majority and he deserves to be re-elected. There is no need changng a winning team when he still has the opportunity of another tenure, particularly since it is still the turn of his zone, Okigwe.

‘’there is visible evidence for his achievement and I know that his re-election is only a formality.we are aware of the job opportunities he has created the latest being the 10,000 graduate job which our people also benefitted from. The roads, solar boreholes, agricultural loans, solar electricity and all that which his administration executed are all testimonies of success story. He must be given another opportunity to finish what he started’’ Ofonagoro noted.

He said what is needed at the state now is to support continuity so as to guarantee consolidation of some of the projects yet to be completed, arguing that ‘’what Ikedi Ohakim has been able to achieve is commendable and deserves massive support for another tenure’’ .

(1) (Reply)

Youth Presidential Debate On Channels TV / You, I Am From heaven / I Was Offered N10m Bribe – Returning Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.