Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

"Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César (8299 Views)

BREAKING: César Azpilicueta Has Officially Become The First Player In Chelsea / Seyi Olofinjana Appointed Technical Director Of Swiss Club GC Zurich / Michael Emenalo Resigns As Chelsea's Technical Director After 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by ogbiwa: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2020
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta is doing "a great job" and the club has a "big and beautiful future", says the club's technical director Edu.

The Gunners have made their worst start to a season for 46 years.

Before Sunday's 1-0 loss to Burnley, they had not lost four successive top-flight league games since 1959.

Yet, even though the team were booed off by the 2,000 fans present, senior sources insist Arteta has unequivocal support throughout the club.

And, as Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola offered a ringing endorsement of his former assistant, Edu says he is certain Arteta is on the right path.

"Mikel is doing a great job," said Edu, technical director since July 2019.

"It's normal and easy to be driven by results. But I can see the future, see where we go and the way we are building things on a daily basis. Everything here is right, everything here is working

"How many young players have started to get opportunities and perform quite well in the first team?

"I can see a big and beautiful future. It's very strange to say that in this moment, but I have to be fair - that's the way I see the photo."

Arsenal have taken one point from their last five league matches and four from their last eight, and have slipped to 15th in the table, five points above the relegation zone.

After replacing Unai Emery in November 2019, Arteta beat Manchester City and Chelsea on their way to winning the FA Cup for a record 14th time.

They have also beaten Liverpool in the Premier League, the EFL Cup and the Community Shield during Arteta's time in charge, and defeated Manchester United at Old Trafford on 1 November.

However, they have not won a domestic game since then - and their matchwinner that day, captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, had not found the net either until his own goal condemned Arsenal to another defeat on Sunday.

"He is one of the best managers I've ever worked with and seen directly," Guardiola said of Arteta.

"I don't have to publicly give my support because he knows he has it. Sometimes a club needs time when it comes from a period where it is not so good.

"I don't have any doubts about his quality and capacity to put Arsenal in the place Arsenal deserves to be. There is no-one better to lead the club this year and in the next ones."

Arsenal will look to make signings next month but Edu is adamant their squad is a good one and it is down to individual players to take responsibility for overall improvement.

He also defended high-profile summer arrival Willian, after the 32-year-old midfielder's below-par performances led to calls for him to be dropped.

"It is just a question of time before Willian is performing how we know he can," said Edu.

"Do you expect it straightaway? Boom. Willian can be the best one. But you need time to know the other players.

"When we signed David Luiz, he mentioned to me: 'When I drive, most of the time for all my life, I turn right to go for one road. I'm experienced but I am facing a situation now where I turn left. It's quite strange to come here and I need time to get used to it'."

With games against Southampton - which will be played behind closed doors after London was placed in tier three of the UK's coronavirus pandemic restrictions - and Everton before a Boxing Day encounter with Chelsea, there is an easy way out of Arsenal's current predicament.

But Edu promises to be alongside Arteta every step of the way.

"We have faced so many changes, now is the time to try and be a stable club in the old sense - externally and internally - we need that," he added.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55310671

1 Like

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2020
Bros is trying honestly

1 Like

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Ihatemumu: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2020
Chelsea fan, I would like Arteta to extend his contract

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Mustiboy(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2020
The same Arteta performed well last season, and, just because he hasn't managed to strengthen his stronghold this season, they are already calling him incompetent.

Football fans are never patient. Some are already saying Neymar is a failure. I agree Neymar hasn't achieved as he should, but he is, nonetheless, the best player after Messi. Ronaldo cannot lace his shoes, although he has far more achievements than Neymar.

Forget the controversies, Neymar will go down as one of the best players of all time. Henry, Beckham, Oliver Khan, and Iniesta never won a Balon d'Or but are still highly regarded today.

7 Likes

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Shortyy(f): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2020
LMAO when ordinary Burnley beat una
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Roon9(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2020
Arteta is a Man U fan for real grin
See what he has reduced a whole King Auba to undecided

Arteta after the last game:

Omo, e be like say Europa no sure for us this year o

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Kyase(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2020
Hahahahahaha

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Ayemileto(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2020
grin
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Simplebeauty: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2020
grin

Egungun (Arsenal) be careful na express you dey go
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by MVLOX(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2020
dis man well so?
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by osuofia2(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2020
lols, it is finished, if this is what it means to be doing a good job then tough times ahead for arsenal fans
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Bigredmachine: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2020
I strongly pity all those who still supports clubs especially Arsenal with passion love and affection... for they shall continue to witness severe pains, heart break and disappointment every now and then... As a football fan i have removed all form of passion attached to the game... its now about the money for me, who cares if you win or lose, so long u give me the result my ticket wants... Rubbish club without Ambition .... they are even tired of the top four trophy, the next trophy would be to remain in the premier league grin grin grin
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by bestman09(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2020
angry
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by EdoFirstBorn(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by whytediamond(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2020
It's when you perform well domestically that you can challenge for titles in Europe.

See relegation staring you in the face and you say the pilot is doing a great job. lipsrsealed
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Johnmax95(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2020
grin grin ... Dats what they say to the press before the coach gets sacked.

I will design a business website for 13k only.
This covers; hosting, domain name & emails.
Call/WhatsApp: 0802860,9484.
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Kyase(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2020
Roon9:
Arteta is a Man U fan for real grin
See what he has reduced a whole King Auba to undecided
grin
Auba will ever regret dancing at old trafford

1 Like

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Vidsolution79: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2020
I don't believe he is,...check my signature..thanks
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2020
Yess
Hes good for relegation of course
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by anochuko01(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2020
The crop of players at arsenal are trash.
If provided with the right players, arteta is gonna do a great job. Klopp at Liverpool is a typical example of that

1 Like

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by OVA200(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2020
Arteta is still decent but what I think affected him is the way he grinded out result enroute to the FA cup glory last season; I think that change his mentality and approach to coaching because I don't he can learn such a negative football from Pep.
He needs to revisit his Man city days in his mind and work from there.
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by hakeem4(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2020
Until he sends us to the afterlife, then you would know he is not doing a good job at all
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by 4tomandchi: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2020
Heart attack go kee una this year.
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Odunayomi247(m): 8:33am On Dec 15, 2020
Even Buhari is doing a good job
Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by RareProConcept(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2020
It is well

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by emmyrate1(m): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2020
Mustiboy:
The same Arteta performed well last season, and, just because he hasn't managed to strengthen his stronghold this season, they are already calling him incompetent.

Football fans are never patient. Some are already saying Neymar is a failure. I agree Neymar hasn't achieved as he should, but he is, nonetheless, the best player after Messi. Ronaldo cannot lace his shoes, although he has far more achievements than Neymar.

Forget the controversies, Neymar will go down as one of the best players of all time. Henry, Beckham, Oliver Khan, and Iniesta never won a Balon d'Or but are still highly regarded today.
Ronaldo cannot lace his shoe☹️☹️. Coming from a barca fan anyway

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César by Gamezi(m): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2020
Macsjebs:
Bros is trying honestly

...Was at the home of an old Nairalander at Ikeja on Sunday and while opening the door, he screamed: 'Aaahhh!, I can scent you even from inside', macsjebs, ma pa mi na' smiley smiley smiley

Glad he witnessed first hand all I have been saying about our fragrances. The many reviews Nairalanders posted on the thread on my signature corroborates this

Ooh shit ijebu weed again embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Casemiro, Hazard Test Positive For COVID-19 / Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly / Thiago Silva Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.