Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. (1395 Views)

2005 Toyota Sienna Europe Spec No Tint For Sale @ 1m Phc / Funny Activities Of "Inspired Autos" (Fake Custom Papers And Tint Permit) / Tint Permit At friendly price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by beeman80: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
Dear nairalanders here is to advice you to remove your artificial car tints with immediate effect. You ask why? Okay i was driving down to the bank this evening and behold some cops were following me from behind for reasons i didnt know.When i stoppped to eneter the bank it so happened that it was my tint that attracted them.I told them to allow me go and pay in money (I had 50k on me and u know what that means grin) U wont beleive that the 9 armed police men waited till i came out.They took me to their station and we got talking.They actually wanted to collect 50k from me (Thank God i 'sharped' up).I eventually gave 1,500 for helping me remove the tints,according to them.So please if u still have artificial tints then go and remove them ASAP.
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
did they manhandle you cos i know some of this NPF personnel could be over zealous sometimes,anyways lucky you
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
Why can't you get the permit from the police headquarter in your state?
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by igbsam(m): 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
mohumyta:

Why can't you get the permit from the police headquarter in your state?
Are u in this country at all ? Permit is useless for now. I have a permit for my tint and i was told its of no use for now until like after the election. The police force officers are using this to extort nigerians for now
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by eros(m): 8:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
beeman80:

Dear nairalanders here is to advice you to remove your artificial car tints with immediate effect. You ask why? Okay i was driving down to the bank this evening and behold some cops were following me from behind for reasons i didnt know.When i stoppped to eneter the bank it so happened that it was my tint that attracted them.I told them to allow me go and pay in money (I had 50k on me and u know what that means grin) U wont beleive that the 9 armed police men waited till i came out.They took me to their station and we got talking.They actually wanted to collect 50k from me (Thank God i 'sharped' up).I eventually gave 1,500 for helping me remove the tints,according to them.So please if u still have artificial tints then go and remove them ASAP.

Please in what state did this happen

In Ibadan, where i reside alot of folks still drive around with their tinted glass. Seems the law is more effective in Abuja and maybe Lagos.
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
I'm very stubborn when it comes to police extortion i will not give a penny since i have the permit.
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by igbsam(m): 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
mohumyta:

I'm Not in the country,but I'm very stubborn when it comes to police extortion i will not give a penny since i have the permit.
Pray u dont fall a victim of these guys cos they are worse than armed robbers. Ask celebrities, human right activists who have fallen victim. Jim iyke was arrested some weeks back, so i guess u are not left out.
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
mohumyta:

I'm Not in the country,but I'm very stubborn when it comes to police extortion i will not give a penny since i have the permit.

I guess you are about to create your death permit.

They will shoot you and label you as robber.

The fear of police in Nigeria is the beginning of wisdom,if you so desire to return to your country of abode safely.
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by pleep(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
This is no joke those police are madmen. undecided
One of my dads friends was driving a tinted SUV he had brought in from the U.S a week earlier. he didnt see the cops following him. So the police shot out his windows from behind with Ak-47's and made him pay an excessive fine. He had to replace both the front and the back windows and remove the tint. those ppl are just looking for an excuse to kill someone
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by batuphil(m): 6:38am On Mar 26, 2011
Good advice. Now i know. Wasting my time is what I hate most about Nigerian Corps. You can never win. You either loose your valuable time, if not your car or some naira. so,
Its better safe than sorry.
Re: My Car Tint Put Me In Trouble. by eros(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2011
pleep:

This is no joke those police are madmen. undecided
One of my dads friends was driving a tinted SUV he had brought in from the U.S a week earlier. he didnt see the cops following  him. So the police shot out his windows from behind with Ak-47's and made him pay an excessive fine. He had to replace both the front and the back windows and remove the tint. those ppl are just looking for an excuse to kill someone

How true is this story dude 

(1) (Reply)

Mistubishi Montero Jeep / 9ja.6mnths Neatly Used Ford Windstar 2001 Model / Toyota Camry 07 Radio Volume Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.