Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate (8111 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct (Photos) / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 6:52pm On Mar 25, 2011
What About Us? The 1st ever Youth Focused Presidential Debate airs LIVE at 7pm on www.ynaija.com! And on Channels TV at 7pm (GMT) 2pm (EST). For viewers outside Nigeria, watch it live on www.youtube.com/channelsweb and send all commentaries & interact during the debate on www.whataboutusnigeria.org's Google Moderator page & tweet #whataboutus as the show airs.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
I am proud of you and every Nigerian youth that contributed to this initiative
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Kilode1: 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2011
Is Buhari gonna show up?

what about GEJ?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2011
Kilode?!:

Is Buhari gonna show up?

what about GEJ?
I dont think Buhari will show. President Goodluck has a similar youth event the koko concert
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by motisharp: 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
Nothing showing on channels tv and this is past 7pm,what about that?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 7:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
aisha2:

I am proud of you and every Nigerian youth that contributed to this initiative

Thanks, Aisha.

motisharp:

I wonder. i'm watching on Youtube too and it's an oil and gas programme that's on. Na wa o.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by okadaman2: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
motisharp:

FROM FB: Due to delay from one of the candidates, the debate will start at 8pm. We apologise for the delay, and thank you for staying tuned.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2011
okada_man:

FROM FB: Due to delay from one of the candidates, the debate will start at 8pm. We apologise for the delay, and thank you for staying tuned.

Hmm ok o.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
Its on, but sound is bad
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by EzeUche2(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2011
The sound is very bad. undecided
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Solar74: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2011
The debate has started showing on channels tv on dstv and 4real tv on hitv, The audio is very poor though, I hope they will work on it
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2011
The sound is fine for me, use the youtube channel

www.youtube.com/channelsweb
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by danteweb: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by EzeUche2(m): 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
Sky Blue:

The sound is fine for me, use the youtube channel

www.youtube.com/channelsweb

That sounds much better. Thank you! cool
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2011
On a side note, the youth as arguably the largest voting demographic in the country should really start using their votes to punish leaders that choose to ignore them. It is a shame that such a possibly vibrant block can seem quite indifferent to politics
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by okadaman2: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Eze The sound is very very good. On channels, on youtube and also on The whatboutus website very clear, very good.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
Are any candidates turning up or not? Why the stalling?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by jason123: 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
Isn't GEJ going to attend this debate cheesy Na wa oo!
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2011
Really organised. Even when i went this afternoon, the time energy and money the youth put in this is impressive. Ebuka and Chinamanda and most of the youths from Diaspora, weldone. Everyone has been working hard, the result is great. Good job
Turn out is impressive , bear in mind this is no hired crowd, no one was given free bus or transport money, even with the fact that Koko concert is happening at the same time close by
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know whether this is showing on NTA or local stations, or is it just online?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
Nuhu Ribadu, Dele Momodu, Shekarau on stage now
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by EzeUche2(m): 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
Where is GEJ? angry
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

Where is GEJ? angry
Koko Concert at this day dome
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by jason123: 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
Its like GEJ will not attend this[b] AGAIN!![/b]!!
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by EzeUche2(m): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2011
aisha2:

Koko Concert at this day dome

So that's his excuse?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
1st Question: Education
Ezeuche i dont know oh, i just know that his campaign team is hosting a youth koko concert the same day and time with this debate
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by jason123: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

Where is GEJ?  angry
Can you see that people will are just voting for this man based on ethnic affiliation

BTW, I thought Ribadu, Shekuaru and Buhari said they will not attend this debate I guess only Buhari kept his words!!!
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
Nuhu is answering question on Education, Dele is next, Oga Dele seems to be really happy being there
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
I know this might sound silly, but the youth might want to consider selecting their voting choice from here. If Jonathan missed this debate to go to koko-whatever then perhaps he doesn't deserve the youth vote (although some might want to argue that koko party is "youth" oriented). I can't wait to see what his excuse is tomorrow. What is Buhari's excuse?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
jason123:

Can you see that people will are just voting for this man based on ethnic affiliation

BTW, I thought Ribadu, Shekuaru and Buhari said they will not attend this debate I guess only Buhari kept his words!!!
This is not the debate they said they will not be attending, that is the BON debate
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ribadu is doing it again. He seems to have memorised answers and bends rather specific questions to fit his own answers, regardless of what the question sought to attain. Failure rate, is it all about funding?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
Dele answers on Education reasonable. Shekerau now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation / 2019: It’s Insulting For PDP To Attempt Returning To Power – Ex-speaker, Bamisil / Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, October 3rd, Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.