Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Who Is The Messiah? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Messiah? (2579 Views)

Jesus Christ Is The Messiah! Follow Him! / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / 2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Messiah? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Rabbi Manis Friedman is a true teacher read full transcript or watch video and be Blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJoR7QdjMA4

Read full Transcript
00:00
what then is the role of the Messiah so
00:04
traditionally we've always thought the
00:06
Messiah is the savior he will come and
00:09
fix all our problems that's not the
00:14
point
00:15
God didn't create us with problems and
00:18
then send somebody to fix our problems I
00:20
mean what look what kind of plan is that
00:23
and fixing our problems is not a worthy
00:27
goal purpose for creation we exist in
00:33
order to fix our problems don't create
00:35
me I won't have problems I'm gonna have
00:37
to fix up when earth becomes what it can
00:42
be it will be holier than heaven which
00:49
literally means that all the souls in
00:51
heaven will come back to earth because
00:55
this is the place to be in fact in some
00:59
sense anybody who thinks that heaven is
01:03
a better place than Earth is a potential
01:06
terrorists right I mean if you can go to
01:11
a better place
01:12
you're dangerous there there is no
01:17
better place and when this world becomes
01:20
what God wants it to be or needs it to
01:23
be it will be much greater than heaven
01:26
now heaven is eternal when earth becomes
01:32
godly er than heaven earth will become
01:35
eternal so there will be no death there
01:39
will be no suffering there will be no
01:41
pain it will be heavenly but more
01:44
heavenly so once the world achieves its
01:49
purpose it will become eternal it will
01:53
last forever and the closeness to God is
01:58
also endless infinite and forever you
02:02
can get closer forever because he is
02:09
he is without end
02:12
so we can get closer know more about him
02:16
infinitely so I guess the question is
02:21
similar to your dating and you're going
02:23
out and you're meeting and you finally
02:26
get engaged and then there's a wedding
02:27
and you're and now you're married so now
02:30
what now what that's the whole purpose
02:36
now you're married we'll have to learn
02:43
and I think this is the primary role of
02:46
the Messiah as a teacher we're gonna
02:50
have to learn the excitement of a world
02:54
already good today we get excited when
02:58
we can fix something something needs
03:01
fixing something you have to fight the
03:02
good fight and for cause and for what
03:06
what if everything was good did we just
03:10
be bored you wake up in the morning
03:13
everything's fine you meet somebody how
03:17
are you fine so boring we'll never be
03:26
able to say pretty good but my back is
03:28
really enough you won't be able to say
03:30
that anymore what are we gonna talk
03:33
about if we can't catch about our pay
03:36
aches and pains what are you gonna talk
03:38
about so we will have to learn a whole
03:43
new way of challenging ourselves to be
03:48
as excited to go from good to better
03:52
as we are excited about going from bad
03:55
to good
03:59
today we get excited about going from
04:01
zero to 60 after the world is fixed
04:06
there'll be no zero no zeros allowing to
04:11
be from 1 to 10 or from 1 to 60 or from
04:15
1 to 100 so it will only be an increase
04:18
in goodness how inspiring is that today
04:24
it doesn't sound so inspiring if I'm
04:27
good enough why bother
04:29
but when the world really achieves its
04:31
perfection getting better will be more
04:34
exciting than getting good and for that
04:40
we'll have a whole new study it's like
04:45
there's I think is a subject in college
04:50
how to live in a peacetime economy how
04:54
do you run a country when you're at
04:55
peace that's very few countries know
04:59
what that's like so how are we going to
05:03
live when the world is at peace that's
05:07
when we're really gonna need to know our
05:09
purpose so the savior role of the
05:18
Messiah is a little exaggerated of
05:20
course he'll make war he'll make the
05:23
world better but primarily it's our job
05:27
to make the world better what are we
05:29
doing sitting around waiting for
05:31
somebody else to make the world better
05:35
the primary role of the Messiah is an
05:39
re-education
05:45
what do we do once our purpose is
05:48
fulfilled for this we need a great
05:53
teacher but to solve our problems it
06:01
would be nice because if we didn't have
06:05
problems we could attend to our purpose
06:08
more fully but you can't make solving
06:12
your problems the goal in life it's
06:14
depressing the harder you try to solve
06:17
your problems the worse they get you try
06:21
to do something for God's purpose
06:24
you're already happier and healthier and
06:27
better off like this guy who's suing his
06:34
parents for giving birth to him you've
06:39
heard about the guy right he's on to
06:42
something
06:44
he really is saying something that needs
06:47
a little thought he's saying I didn't
06:50
ask to be born you decided to give birth
06:54
to me and now you're telling me that I
06:56
have to pay the mortgage that doesn't
06:59
make sense I'm not paying anything you
07:04
gave birth to me
07:05
you paid a mortgage does that make sense
07:13
now apply that to God God creates you
07:17
doesn't ask you and now you have to
07:20
worship Him excuse me what how did that
07:25
happen how did it become my
07:28
responsibility when I didn't ask for it
07:30
that a scary thought where is that
07:40
liberating it can't be that I am here to
07:46
have my needs satisfied because I didn't
07:50
need anything you went ahead and created
07:53
me okay without even asking me so I
07:56
don't need this I don't need any of it
08:03
so it can't be that I exist to solve my
08:06
needs I had no needs you went ahead and
08:10
created me obviously whoever created me
08:17
has the need not me so you see we turn
08:25
everything upside down we're used to the
08:28
idea that human beings are needy and
08:30
depend on God for everything true yes
08:36
but not interesting depressing and the
08:40
more you focus on it oh you're so needy
08:43
or in such trouble you and you need help
08:45
you need to be saved you need to I
08:47
didn't ask for this this is not fun on
08:54
the other hand if he created me
08:56
doesn't he have a need
09:01
and that make more sense so the guy
09:06
suing his parents they threw it at a
09:08
court because that's not a good argument
09:12
he said I didn't ask to be born so you
09:15
paid a bill you know the parents said so
09:20
grandpa should pay the bill and Grandpa
09:23
says I didn't ask to be born so we can't
09:27
sue each other we got to go back to the
09:30
source God created us that's his problem
09:33
and you know what the Torah says but the
09:38
Bible says the Bible is basically God
09:43
saying I have a problem can you help me
09:46
I need something can you can you help me
09:54
how can we help him he gave us seven
09:59
ways not to worship idols not to be
10:03
blasphemous to disrespect God not to
10:08
murder not to steal not to commit
10:11
adultery not to be cruel to animals and
10:14
to have courts of law

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Chukwudubem0: 12:14am On Dec 16, 2020
Cool

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 4:00am On Dec 16, 2020
None of what this man has here makes sense or even coincides with any of what is written in the Bible, Old or New.

What strikes me as odd is that he pretends he is a rabbi but rabbinic teaching down not suggest a belief in Heaven, as described in the New Testament. Instead they teach of Paradise which is a destination that operates on different rules as the Christian Heaven.
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by grim33(m): 4:03am On Dec 16, 2020
Fools everywhere...
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by MuttleyLaff: 4:45am On Dec 16, 2020
ThePlainTruth:
Rabbi Manis Friedman is a true teacher read full transcript or watch video and be Blessed

h t tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJoR7QdjMA4

grim33:
Fools everywhere...

Kobojunkie:
[s]None of what this man has here makes sense or even coincides with any of what is written in the Bible, Old or New.

What strikes me as odd is that he pretends he is a rabbi but rabbinic teaching down not suggest a belief in Heaven, as described in the New Testament. Instead they teach of Paradise which is a destination that operates on different rules as the Christian Heaven. [/s]

MuttleyLaff:
... You have started again showing inadequate awareness of the facts.
Adam isnt the first, given free will. Adam isnt the first, to sin or if you like, isnt the first to fail

So you see, before Adam made his debut, we've had a situational problem, calmly hanging in the shadow & wing, eager and keen to fester, if given half the chance

MuttleyLaff:
... Heaven is a necessary honeymoon, a trip to return back from, come down, back to earth to

MuttleyLaff:
You're dead wrong, lmso

"But the meek (i.e. the humble) will inherit the land (i.e. the earth) and enjoy peace and prosperity."
- Psalm 37:11

If you didnt know that Heaven, is a honeymoon trip, gone on and to return back from, come down and back to earth to, then you seriously are in dire need, to go on a speed/crash course, to learn on how to, on all levels, understandably read the Bible. C'mon now, you do know that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm or didn't cha know, lmso?

MuttleyLaff:
What is sin?
Sin is missing the mark or standard, means missing God's mark or God's standard. Actually, as in like an archer missing hit the target bull's eye.

God did not include sin in Adam's design. Adam committed sin when he took possesion of somebody's else property. Sin entered the world, entered the system because of what Adam did. Briskly following sin was death with a whole lot bunch of nasties mingled up with delightfuls in close pursuit

One third of the innumerable angelic hosts decamped from God, commiting sin with Satan. These equated to the two situational problems God set out to resolve. Replace and fill the vacuum with human beings and also, sort out sin, once and for all

Adam and Eve before the fall, werent starkers, as you'll like to believe. They were clothed with the righteousness of God. It was after the fall, they realised they've lost it and since then were starkers

MuttleyLaff:
... Travel is the antidote to ignorances, prejudices, discriminations, bigotry, homophobia, chauvinism, misogyny, fundamentalism, narrow-mindedness etcetera. I enjoy travelling too, I visit many good books to read, lol, visit many good deepweb stuff internet sites and/or other varied online resources, but I live in the Bible, lmso, because there is no such place better than home, home, sweet bible home lmso.

If you want to shine your eyes and free yourself, lol, well, if you need milk to make your own cheese with then, lol you can get some from listening/watching/reading/visiting any of the following online dairy farms, lol, Professor Michio Kaku, Professor Sophie Bosede Oluwole RIP (i.e. aka Mamalawo and/or Iyanifa, was a practitioner of Yoruba philosophy) Dr Myles Munro RIP, Dr Aajonus Vonderplanitz RIP, Bill and Joan Donahue, Dr. Sebi RIP was born Alfredo Bowman, Dick Gregory RIP, Segun Olawoye c/o Objectv, Dr. Shola Jordan Adeoye, Dr Sunday Adelaja, Patrick Bet-David, Omoyele Sowore, Joseph Okechukwu, Adeyinka Grandson, Rabbi Manis Friedman, Alan Watts, Daddy Freeze, Dr. Michio Kaku, Dr. Michael S. Heiser, Segun Awosanya aka SEGA L'éveilleur aka @segalink etcetera. In other words, use them to do your own research, get informed and come up with your own cheese (i.e. your own facts/opinions)
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"But the meek (i.e. the humble) will inherit the land (i.e. the earth) and enjoy peace and prosperity."
- Psalm 37:11

If you didnt know that Heaven, is a honeymoon trip, gone on and to return back from, come down and back to earth to, then you seriously are in dire need, to go on a speed/crash course, to learn on how to, on all levels, understandably read the Bible. C'mon now, you do know that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm or didn't cha know, lmso?

This makes alot of sense.

@Kobojunkie & grim33 you guys need to research to find the truth from Jewish Rabbis like this Rabbi and stop beleiving you know all.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

@Kobojunkie & grim33 you guys need to research to find the truth from Jewish Rabbis like this Rabbi and stop beleiving you know all.
Oh please! There is absolutely nothing sensible(biblical in this case) about any of what was said in that video. That you subscribe to it will not change any of that.
For pete's sake, the man does not even bother to offer up some of the same spiritual bullsheet we are used to hearing from so-called men of god who try hard to sound like they know of God... No, instead this man is off in completely different direction, so far away from the Bible there is no way to reel any of what he says to fit it.
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
It is important to research the Jewish religion to make sense of the Christian Bible. Jesus was a Jew all his apostles were Jews so if we want to know GOD in a way that makes sense then we need to research and learn alot from Jewish Rabbis like this Rabbi as they have the words of GOD written down and passed down to them from generation to generation before the Christian Bible was written, unlike the Christian Bible written by the Roman empire in which you base all your knowledge of GOD on.

Kobojunkie:
Oh please! There is absolutely nothing sensible(biblical in this case) about any of what was said in that video. That you subscribe to it will not change any of that.
For pete's sake, the man does not even bother to offer up some of the same spiritual bullsheet we are used to hearing from so-called men of god who try hard to sound like they know of God... No, instead this man is off in completely different direction, so far away from the Bible there is no way to reel any of what he says to fit it.
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
ThePlainTruth:
It is important to research the Jewish religion to make sense of the Christian Bible. Jesus was a Jew all his apostles were Jews so if we want to know GOD in a way that makes sense then we need to research and learn a lot from Jewish Rabbis like this Rabbi as they have the words of GOD written down and passed down to them from generation to generation before the Christian Bible was written, unlike the Christian Bible written by the Roman empire in which you base all your knowledge of GOD on.
Like I said, as far as the Pentateuch which is contained in the Bible too, what this man says holds no water as far as the word of God as recorded by Moses in the Old Covenant which the Jewish religion is supposedly based on.

God never promised Heaven to the Jews in the Old Covenant, so again, I am not certain where what this man claims , comes from. It certainly is not the Books of Moses and not even the Bible.
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Can J-s/Yeshua Be Messiah? Do Matthew and Luke Prove it? See What the Almighty Says:
Genealogical Qualifications to Be Messiah Scripture
Messiah will be of the tribe of Judah
Gen 49:10 "The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the student of the law from between his feet, until Shiloh comes, and to him will be a gathering of peoples.

Tribal lineage goes through the human biological fathers
Num 1:18 "And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls."

The kingly line only goes through the sperm of the human biological father not the mother.
2 Sam 7:12-16 "When thy(David) days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed ZERA after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body [SPERM], and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom FOR EVER."
14 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;
15 but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16 And thy house and thy kingdom shall be made sure for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.'
>>Seed that proceeds out of a man's body is Sperm.

Kingly line only goes through the sons never the daughters.
1 Chron 17:11-14 "And it shall come to pass, when thy days are fulfilled that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will set up thy seed after thee, >>>>who shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.<<<<
12 He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne for ever.
13 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; and I will not take My lovingkindness away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee;
14 but I will settle him in My house and in My kingdom for ever; and his throne shall be established for ever.'"

Kingly line through Solomon Forever
1 Chron 22:9-10 "Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about; for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.
10 He shall build a house for My name; and he shall be to Me for a son, and I will be to him for a father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever."

1 Chron 28:4-7 "Howbeit YHWH, Elohim of Israel, chose me out of all the house of my father to be king over Israel for ever; for He hath chosen Judah to be prince, and in the house of Judah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father He took pleasure in me to make me king over all Israel;
5 and of all my sons--for YHWH hath given me many sons--He hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of YHWH over Israel.
6 And He said unto me: Solomon thy son, he shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be to Me for a son, and I will be to him for a father.
7 And I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he will strengthen himself to perform My commandments and Mine ordinances, as at this day."

Kingly line only through the sons Forever
2Ch 13:5 "Ought ye not to know that YHWH Elohim of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David for ever, to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt?"

Jer 23:5 "Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will raise unto David a righteous shoot, and he shall reign as king and prosper, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called, YHWH is our righteousness."

Jer 33:15 "In those days, and at that time, will I cause a shoot of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely; and this is the name whereby he shall call it YHWH is our righteousness.
17 For thus saith YHWH: There shall not be cut off unto David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
18 neither shall there be cut off unto the priests the Levites a man before Me to offer burnt-offerings, and to burn meal-offerings, and to do sacrifice continually."

"My covenant will I not profane, nor alter that which is gone out of My lips. Once have I sworn by My kodesh: Surely I will not be false unto David; his seed ZERA shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established for ever as the moon; and be stedfast as the witness in sky.' Selah" Psa 89:35-38

No King Can Come From Jeconiah's Line (also called Coniah/Jehoiakim)
Jer 22:28 "Is this man Coniah a despised, broken image? Is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? Wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into the land which they know not?
29 O land, land, land, hear the word of YHWH.
30 Thus saith YHWH: Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days; for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah."

Jer 36:30 "Therefore thus saith YHWH concerning Jehoiakim(Coniah) king of Judah: He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David; and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost."

Messiah must be a direct descendant from David and Solomon through his human biological father. J-s didn't qualify, he had a virgin birth. Even if he didn't have a virgin birth, the genealogy in Matthew 1 goes through Jeconiah, whose line was disqualified from kingship as part of Elohim's curse (Jeremiah 22:30,36:30) and in Luke 3 the genealogy doesn't go through Solomon as required but his brother Nathan (II Samuel 7:12-14, I Chronicles 17:11-14, 22:9-10, 28:4-6). J-s is most definitely not the Jewish Messiah.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
The New Testament brings a new doctrine not found in the Tanakh(ot). When we go through the Hebrew Scriptures and read about the Most High, we don't find a three part being who will come to earth in a human form and die. We don't find anywhere in the Jewish Scriptures that belief in Messiah will replace obeying the Torah. In fact it says that when Messiah comes, people will obey Torah more completely not that the Torah is nullified.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Christianity poses only a blood sacrifice by a human figure. Humans are unclean by design as well as an abomination in relation to sacrifices. Jesus, even though the new testament poses him as perfect, is still a human figure. Unclean and an abomination. In addition, he was beaten beyond recognition. The Torah is very clear in that any animal sacrifice MUST be without blemish at the time of the sacrifice/death. Jesus failed in every possible way...and this is only the TIP of the iceberg!!!
ALSO, he didn't STAY dead, therefore NOT a valid sacrifice.
Food(or NOT food[communion]) for thought!!!
William Hall April 16 at 7:33 PM ·
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Every Christian needs to read this. You are so on point. This is the main reason the Jews do not accept the New Testament.
sonmvayina:
Can J-s/Yeshua Be Messiah? Do Matthew and Luke Prove it? See What the Almighty Says:
Genealogical Qualifications to Be Messiah Scripture
Messiah will be of the tribe of Judah
Gen 49:10 "The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the student of the law from between his feet, until Shiloh comes, and to him will be a gathering of peoples.

Tribal lineage goes through the human biological fathers
Num 1:18 "And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls."

The kingly line only goes through the sperm of the human biological father not the mother.
2 Sam 7:12-16 "When thy(David) days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed ZERA after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body [SPERM], and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom FOR EVER."
14 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;
15 but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16 And thy house and thy kingdom shall be made sure for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.'

Kingly line only goes through the sons never the daughters.
1 Chron 17:11-14 "And it shall come to pass, when thy days are fulfilled that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will set up thy seed after thee, >>>>who shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.<<<<
12 He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne for ever.
13 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; and I will not take My lovingkindness away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee;
14 but I will settle him in My house and in My kingdom for ever; and his throne shall be established for ever.'"

Kingly line through Solomon Forever
1 Chron 22:9-10 "Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about; for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.
10 He shall build a house for My name; and he shall be to Me for a son, and I will be to him for a father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever."

1 Chron 28:4-7 "Howbeit YHWH, Elohim of Israel, chose me out of all the house of my father to be king over Israel for ever; for He hath chosen Judah to be prince, and in the house of Judah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father He took pleasure in me to make me king over all Israel;
5 and of all my sons--for YHWH hath given me many sons--He hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of YHWH over Israel.
6 And He said unto me: Solomon thy son, he shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be to Me for a son, and I will be to him for a father.
7 And I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he will strengthen himself to perform My commandments and Mine ordinances, as at this day."

Kingly line only through the sons Forever
2Ch 13:5 "Ought ye not to know that YHWH Elohim of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David for ever, to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt?"

Jer 23:5 "Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will raise unto David a righteous shoot, and he shall reign as king and prosper, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called, YHWH is our righteousness."

Jer 33:15 "In those days, and at that time, will I cause a shoot of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely; and this is the name whereby he shall call it YHWH is our righteousness.
17 For thus saith YHWH: There shall not be cut off unto David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
18 neither shall there be cut off unto the priests the Levites a man before Me to offer burnt-offerings, and to burn meal-offerings, and to do sacrifice continually."

"My covenant will I not profane, nor alter that which is gone out of My lips. Once have I sworn by My kodesh: Surely I will not be false unto David; his seed ZERA shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established for ever as the moon; and be stedfast as the witness in sky.' Selah" Psa 89:35-38

No King Can Come From Jeconiah's Line (also called Coniah/Jehoiakim)
Jer 22:28 "Is this man Coniah a despised, broken image? Is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? Wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into the land which they know not?
29 O land, land, land, hear the word of YHWH.
30 Thus saith YHWH: Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days; for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah."

Jer 36:30 "Therefore thus saith YHWH concerning Jehoiakim(Coniah) king of Judah: He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David; and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost."

Messiah must be a direct descendant from David and Solomon through his human biological father. J-s didn't qualify, he had a virgin birth. Even if he didn't have a virgin birth, the genealogy in Matthew 1 goes through Jeconiah, whose line was disqualified from kingship as part of Elohim's curse (Jeremiah 22:30,36:30) and in Luke 3 the genealogy doesn't go through Solomon as required but his brother Nathan (II Samuel 7:12-14, I Chronicles 17:11-14, 22:9-10, 28:4-6). J-s is most definitely not the Jewish Messiah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 7:16am On Feb 08, 2023
sonmvayina:
■Tribal lineage goes through the human biological fathers
Num 1:18 "And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.".
As far as tribal lineage, God did not stipulate that it is only goes through the human biological father as you claim.
1. The Lord spoke to Moses in the Meeting Tent. This was in the desert of Sinai. It was on the first day of the second month of the second year after the Israelites left Egypt. He said to Moses:
2 “Count all the Israelites. List the name of each man with his family and his family group.
3 You and Aaron must count the men of Israel who are 20 years old or older. (These are all the men who are able to serve in the army of Israel.) List them by their divisions.
4 One man from each tribe will help you. This man will be the leader of his tribe. 5 These are the names of the men who will stand with you and help you:
16 All these men were the leaders of their families. The people also chose them to be leaders of their tribes.
17 Moses and Aaron took the men who had been chosen to be leaders
18 and called all the Israelites together on the first day of the second month. Then the people were listed by their families and their family groups. All the men who were 20 years old or older were listed.
19 Moses did exactly what the Lord commanded—he counted the people while they were in the desert of Sinai. - Numbers 1 vs 1 - 19
Enter Zelphodad's daughters.
1. Zelophehad was the son of Hepher. Hepher was the son of Gilead. Gilead was the son of Makir. Makir was the son of Manasseh. Manasseh was the son of Joseph. Zelophehad had five daughters. Their names were Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah.
2 These five women went to the Meeting Tent and stood before Moses, Eleazar the priest, the leaders, and all the Israelites. The five daughters said,
3 “Our father died while we were traveling through the desert. He died a natural death. He was not one of the men who joined Korah’s group. (Korah was the man who turned against the Lord.) But our father had no sons.
4 This means that our father’s name will not continue. It is not fair that our father’s name will not continue. His name will end because he had no sons. So we ask you to give us some of the land that our father’s brothers will get.”
5 So Moses asked the Lord what he should do.
6 The Lord said to him,
7 “The daughters of Zelophehad are right. They should share the land with their father’s brothers. So give them the land that you would have given to their father.
8 “So tell the Israelites, ‘If a man has no son, when he dies everything he owns will be given to his daughter.
9 If he has no daughter, everything he owns will be given to his brothers.
10 If he has no brothers, everything he owns will be given to his father’s brothers.
11 If his father had no brothers, everything he owns will be given to the closest relative in his family. This will be a law among the Israelites. The Lord has given this command to Moses.’” - Numbers 27 vs 1 - 11
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2023

Please who sent him to teach who?

I will really appreciate it if you can quote anywhere in the Hebrew-Aramaic scriptures where the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob sent Jews to go and teach other nations apart from when Jesus of Nazareth commanded his disciples after all power both in heaven and on earth has been given him! Matthew 28:18-20

So if you choose a Jew to teach you about God without thinking about why he should teach you then you're not getting anything straight, all the laws the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob gave Moses was specifically for the Israelites (alone) it has nothing to do with people of other nations living outside Israel!
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As far as tribal lineage, God did not stipulate that it is only goes through the human biological father as you claim.
Enter Zelphodad's daughters.

Genealogy is transferred from father to son..

Even the story of zelphodad you posted says so..

They were concerned their fathers name will be lost...because he had to sons...they came because of their fathers property...

Hmmmmm you get sense so...
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 11:14am On Feb 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please who sent him to teach who?

I will really appreciate it if you can quote anywhere in the Hebrew-Aramaic scriptures where the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob sent Jews to go and teach other nations apart from when Jesus of Nazareth commanded his disciples after all power both in heaven and on earth has been given him! Matthew 28:18-20

So if you choose a Jew to teach you about God without thinking about why he should teach you then you're not getting anything straight, all the laws the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob gave Moses was specifically for the Israelites (alone) it has nothing to do with people of other nations living outside Israel!

Where Did the God of Moses, Isaac and Jacob said he was sending his son as a new convenant to the nations?..

Maaalu
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

Where Did the God of Moses, Isaac and Jacob said he was sending his son as a new convenant to the nations?..
Maaalu

Your grievances this days is getting out of hand my guy, you need to make use of your brains at least everyone is free to choose whatever they will believe you can't decide for others. smiley

As for where the God of Moses promised to send a Messiah who will establish ANOTHER covenant read:

Deuteronomy 18:18-19
Jeremiah 31:31-34

Your opinion doesn't matter as long as the God of Moses never send any Jew to teach me i have no business with a Jew not until Jesus of Nazareth declared that he has been given all the power both in heaven and on Earth to preach and teach about God's Kingdom to all the nations! Matthew 28:18-20 compare to Act 1:8 smiley
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Your grievances this days is getting out of hand my guy, you need to make use of your brains at least everyone is free to choose whatever they will believe you can't decide for others. smiley

As for where the God of Moses promised to send a Messiah who will establish ANOTHER covenant read:

Deuteronomy 18:18-19
Jeremiah 31:31-34

Your opinion doesn't matter as long as the God of Moses never send any Jew to teach me i have no business with a Jew not until Jesus of Nazareth declared that he has been given all the power both in heaven and on Earth to preach and teach about God's Kingdom to all the nations! Matthew 28:18-20 compare to Act 1:8 smiley

Common Maxindhouse...

Your desperation is getting out of hand.

Where did you see jesus is Deut. 18?
God is talking about raising a prophet from among them..meaning the prophet is already among them, and God is going to call him out from them and set him as his prophet..I thought you where more intelligent than that.
As for Jeremiah 31, the new convenient is still about the Torah, he will write it in their heart and it will become effortless to keep and obey..

Hahahaa...you know there is no jesus in the Tanakh..but your ignorance always gets on the way..
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

Common Maxindhouse...
Your desperation is getting out of hand.
Where did you see jesus is Deut. 18?
God is talking about raising a prophet from among them..meaning the prophet is already among them, and God is going to call him out from them and set him as his prophet..I thought you where more intelligent than that.
As for Jeremiah 31, the new convenient is still about the Torah, he will write it in their heart and it will become effortless to keep and obey..
Hahahaa...you know there is no jesus in the Tanakh..but your ignorance always gets on the way..

Just as your own name nor that of any Jew appear in the Tanakh to teach people of other nations so if you're not an Israelite and your name doesn't appear in the Tanakh who sent you to teach others? smiley
Ọmọ God promised to raise another prophet whose teaching will differ from what Moses was given otherwise there's no reason to raise any other prophet telling them to listen to the person had it been what they had through Moses is sufficient! smiley
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
sonmvayina:
Genealogy is transferred from father to son.. Even the story of zelphodad you posted says so..They were concerned their fathers name will be lost...because he had to sons...they came because of their fathers property...

Hmmmmm you get sense so...
There is no mention in the Law of genealogy being transferred from father to son only. In the same law is written a case of a boy born to a foreign father being condemned for the sin of blasphemy on grounds that his mother was an Israelite. If what you claim is the truth then the boy should not have been put to death given that he was born to a father who was a foreigner, however, the boy was condemned because his mother was an Israelite. So, separate these ideas born of your delusions from fact abeg! undecided

In Numbers 1, God did a census of the people by counting the men as heads of households/families. A census was also used to obtain the number of firstborn males in the land to be dedicated to service to God, as well as information on how to divide up the inheritance in the land of Canaan to the different families. What we learn by Numbers 27 is that God's rule as far as a census in Israel did not stop with just the counting of men as daughters were also to be included on the count where fathers and sons were absent. undecided
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by tctrills: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2023

Oga, the list you could do was to edit your transcript and make it more readable.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
sonmvayina:
■The kingly line only goes through the sperm of the human biological father not the mother.
■ Kingly line only goes through the sons never the daughters.
1 Chron 17:11-14 "
1. First of all, God never in fact said any of what you claim which is that kingly lines only go through the sperms of the biological fathers and not the mothers. I mean we have the very example of Abraham and Sarai to work with. God promised to use the descendant of Abraham, and God could have, following your assertion, chosen to go with Ishmael as His choice if only the sperm mattered but we know that ain't what in fact happened. I am not certain where you claim your idea comes from but there is little to no scriptural backing for this assertion of yours. God chooses whom He will as He wills. undecided

Second, are females not also seeds that proceed out of a man's sperm or something? undecided

2. Kingly lines only go through the sons and not the daughters? I am not even certain what you mean by that. So, what you are saying is that in the case that a King had no son of his own, he could not pass the throne to any of the sons of his daughters? I should instead ask you to specify exactly where these rules you continue to spew come from since all you keep attempting by these posts is to inject your delusions into passages that say nothing of what you claim. undecided

Recall, God is God of Law —He doesn't just arbitrarily rule on anything, no. He is God and it is by His Law that His rule over men is defined. So indicate where these laws you claim are indicated in God's Law. undecided
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Just as your own name nor that of any Jew appear in the Tanakh to teach people of other nations so if you're not an Israelite and your name doesn't appear in the Tanakh who sent you to teach others? smiley
Ọmọ God promised to raise another prophet whose teaching will differ from what Moses was given otherwise there's no reason to raise any other prophet telling them to listen to the person had it been what they had through Moses is sufficient! smiley

Was Moses suppose to live forever?
If he dies, would somebody not take over from him?
It's about a prophet, not "a son of God" God already gave them his laws, he already told them not to deviate or add to it...so why would the prophet change or introduce something else? Does it make any sense ?..

God laws are universal and consistent. The same laws he gave to the Jews, he also gave to the yorubas and Igbo....so why should I bother about the Jewish version..

But I have proved beyond every reasonable doubt that Jesus is not in the old testament and as such an idol...
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

Was Moses suppose to live forever?
If he dies, would somebody not take over from him?.

God's plan was to establish pure worship with that race through priests so it's Aaron and other descendants of Levi that God promised to continue with the worship.
Israelites don't always have prophets that's why the prophets don't come from the same tribe unlike priests.
So Jesus is the prophet who will come after Moses with whom the God of Abraham established another covenant that will involve all faithful people from other nations as for the work Moses was given it only involve Israelites that's why it was made their national constitution.
By time Jesus walked the earth Israel has been divided and even the Jews can't uphold their laws because Romans were governing them they can't force the Romans to worship their God that's why they ended up killing themselves in the first century.

So Jesus is that prophet God sent to establish His lasting covenant that will involve other nations throughout the earth apart from Jesus of Nazareth Jews have nothing to preach or teach people of other nations because their Torah was given to them as their national constitution!
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. First of all, God never in fact said any of what you claim which is that kingly lines only go through the sperms of the biological fathers and not the mothers. I mean we have the very example of Abraham and Sarai to work with. God promised to use the descendant of Abraham, and God could have, following your assertion, chosen to go with Ishmael as His choice if only the sperm mattered but we know that ain't what in fact happened. I am not certain where you claim your idea comes from but there is little to no scriptural backing for this assertion of yours. God chooses whom He will as He wills. undecided

Second, are females not also seeds that proceed out of a man's sperm or something? undecided

2. Kingly lines only go through the sons and not the daughters? I am not even certain what you mean by that. So, what you are saying is that in the case that a King had no son of his own, he could not pass the throne to any of the sons of his daughters? I should instead ask you to specify exactly where these rules you continue to assert come from since all you keep attempting by these posts is to inject your delusions into passages that say nothing of what you claim. undecided

Recall, God is God of Law —He doesn't just arbitrarily rule on anything, no. He is God and it is by His Law that His rule over men is defined. So indicate where these laws you claim are indicated in God's Law. undecided

My point is that the Jews operated a monarchy.
After the king reigns...his son takes over...if he has no son..that is a different matter. I will research on that and ask scholars...
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

God's plan was to establish pure worship [s]with that race through priests so it's Aaron and other descendants of Levi that God promised to continue with the worship.
Israelites don't always have prophets that's why the prophets don't come from the same tribe unlike priests.
So Jesus is the prophet who will come after Moses with whom the God of Abraham established another covenant that will involve all faithful people from other nations as for the work Moses was given it only involve Israelites that's why it was made their national constitution.
By time Jesus walked the earth Israel has been divided and even the Jews can't uphold their laws because Romans were governing them they can't force the Romans to worship their God that's why they ended up killing themselves in the first century.

So Jesus is that prophet God sent to establish His lasting covenant that will involve other nations throughout the earth apart from Jesus of Nazareth Jews have nothing to preach or teach people of other nations because their Torah was given to them as their national constitution
![/s]

Pure worship was total obedience to the Torah...
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

Pure worship was total obedience to the Torah...
YES! For the Israelites as a covenant between God and that nation as mediated through Moses {Exodus 19:5} but now pure worship is obedient to the Christ as mediated through Jesus of Nazareth! Genesis 49:10 smiley
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 3:46am On Feb 09, 2023
sonmvayina:
My point is that the Jews operated a monarchy.
After the king reigns...his son takes over...if he has no son..that is a different matter. I will research on that and ask scholars...
While you are at it ask them

■ where and when God changed His mind as far as Israel being His only inheritance in the land of men.
■ When and if God had fulfilled His Word regarding the cursing and scattering of all Israel. According to the records, that happened almost 2000 years ago when the temple was destroyed bringing to an end the levitical system, a big part of the Law.
■ If they acknowledge that the final scattering has indeed taken place - God's judgment against the nation of Judah - then that means they are those cursed by the Law. So where is it written that those cursed by the Law can also be redeemed by the same Law. Those of the Nation of Israel who were first cursed by the same Law could not obtain redemption via the same Law so how could their Jewish brethren have obtained that from the Law? undecided
■ Also inquire as to how it is they can pretend to live by a Law that was meant by God as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan while residents in foreign lands. How does it work? Did God change His mind or something?, undecided
■ Also, this Rabbi claims that the earth will eventually become holier than Heaven ...but God never promised Heaven to anyone in the Old Law of Moses. As a matter of fact what God promised was long life here ok earth after the resurrection - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 -- so where in the world did He get this idea that souls would come back from Heaven when instead they are all sleeping in their graves under our feet waiting for the time of the resurrection? undecided

After Adam and Eve were judged and cursed for their disobedience, they could not return to the way things were prior to God's judgment for the sold reason that God's Law which was given to then did not provide a path to redemption and so Adam and Eve were lost forever. undecided

Now, the Law of Moses, also does not provide a path to redemption for those who have been judged and cursed by the same Law. So, ask your Jewish scholars how they were able to find such a way. Did God secretly create for them a part that is not detailed in His everlasting Law and constitution? undecided
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Feb 09, 2023

What he said makes absolutely no sense. Heaven is not for those who are of the Old Covenant- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. Instead what God clearly promised them is long life in the land of Canaan, here on earth undecided

The Kingdom of God aka God's special Kingdom of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - is not of God's Old Law but instead of His New agreement with the House of David - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - and that agreement is Jesus Christ, the one who many of those of Jewish background reject. So what this so called Rabbi claims makes no sense of any kind. undecided
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 7:25am On Feb 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES! For the Israelites as a covenant between God and that nation as mediated through Moses {Exodus 19:5} you now pure worship is obedient to the Christ as mediated through Jesus of Nazareth! Genesis 49:10 smiley

Whose idea is that ?
Re: Who Is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
While you are at it ask them

■ where and when God changed His mind as far as Israel being His only inheritance in the land of men.
■ When and if God had fulfilled His Word regarding the cursing and scattering of all Israel. According to the records, that happened almost 2000 years ago when the temple was destroyed bringing to an end the levitical system, a big part of the Law.
■ If they acknowledge that the final scattering has indeed taken place - God's judgment against the nation of Judah - then that means they are those cursed by the Law. So where is it written that those cursed by the Law can also be redeemed by the same Law. Those of the Nation of Israel who were first cursed by the same Law could not obtain redemption via the same Law so how could their Jewish brethren have obtained that from the Law? undecided
■ Also inquire as to how it is they can pretend to live by a Law that was meant by God as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan while residents in foreign lands. How does it work? Did God change His mind or something?, undecided
■ Also, this Rabbi claims that the earth will eventually become holier than Heaven ...but God never promised Heaven to anyone in the Old Law of Moses. As a matter of fact what God promised was long life here ok earth after the resurrection - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 -- so where in the world did He get this idea that souls would come back from Heaven when instead they are all sleeping in their graves under our feet waiting for the time of the resurrection? undecided

After Adam and Eve were judged and cursed for their disobedience, they could not return to the way things were prior to God's judgment for the sold reason that God's Law which was given to then did not provide a path to redemption and so Adam and Eve were lost forever. undecided

Now, the Law of Moses, also does not provide a path to redemption for those who have been judged and cursed by the same Law. So, ask your Jewish scholars how they were able to find such a way. Did God secretly create for them a part that is not detailed in His everlasting Law and constitution? undecided

You did not back your opinions with scriptures from the Tanakh, please do, so I can get a better perspective on what you saying....

Thank you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter,the Foundation Of The Church? / This Is For Nuclear Boy On His Comments About The Magnitude Of "naoh 's Flood" / The Rapture Of Abiding Saints In Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.