Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

So A Nigerian Is Coaching Ethiopia? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / So A Nigerian Is Coaching Ethiopia? (530 Views)

Breaking: Jighere Wellington a Nigerian Is The World's Champion Of Scrabble / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So A Nigerian Is Coaching Ethiopia? by aloyemeka1: 12:07am On Mar 26, 2011
[size=14pt]I've no respect for Eagles, says Ethiopian coach[/size]
Sports Friday, March 25, 2011

By FIDELIS EBU

Coach of Ethiopia national team, Iffy Onuora has boasted that his team will show no respect for the Super Eagles when both teams clash in the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Abuja national stadium.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/25/vanguard/images/Iffy-Onuora[1].jpg[/img]
Iffy Onuora

Onuora told Sports Vanguard that he had gathered very promising youngsters from that country's domestic league who will wear down the Super Eagles during the match.

"I am happy with the calibre of players I brought here for this match. I have confidence in them and believe they are capable of creating an upset come Sunday," he said.

Although the coach admitted being a patriotic Nigerian, he told this reporter that he remains a professional.

"I will not regret if my team beat the Super Eagles on Sunday. That is what I am paid to do. I am a professional. It is just unfortunate that my late mother will not be on the stands to watch my boys beat the Eagles," Onuora said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/25/vanguard/images/Iffy-Onuora[1].jpg

(1) (Reply)

Magpies Reject Nolan Bid / Stars Send Off Kanu In Style / I Guess You Can Entertain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.