Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,233 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice (2971 Views)

Google Pixel 3xl Or LG G8 Thinq / LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. / LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 11:24am On Dec 16, 2020
Hi guys

I need kind reviews. I am an LG freak. All my phones have been LG and it's been the G series. Whenever I migrate to a newer G series, I keep the old one. I don't sell.
Currently, i am using an LG G8 Thinq. I have used this phone for over a year with no issues, no lag, no problem whatsoever. It runs smoothly. I am a game freak and i run heavy games like COD, PUBG, REAL RACING, FIFA, GTA, X-PLANE 10 and a whole lot of others without challenges. Battery is excellent.
Now the crux of the matter. Before getting the G8 Thinq, i wanted the G8x Thinq but because of paucity of funds, i settled for the G8 Thinq.
Now i have some funds and I am tempted.
Should i buy the LG G8x Thinq? Knowing fully well that it is the last of the LG G series (I cannot afford the LG Velvet yet).
Should i just lockup and continue using my current G8 Thinq?
Who has used both and can give honest reviews?
Both were launched the same year and there isn't much difference between them as their hardware and software components are the same. Just a microscopic few disparities.

See attached pictures from GSMARENA.

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Elxandre(m): 11:37am On Dec 16, 2020
The satisfaction will be so marginal that I doubt it would be worth the stress.
They're practically the same phones with very little difference.

If you said LG V60 now, I for hear.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 11:58am On Dec 16, 2020
Elxandre:
The satisfaction will be so marginal that I doubt it would be worth the stress.
They're practically the same phones with very little difference.

If you said LG V60 now, I for hear.

LG V60 is a beast no doubt. But these things are quite pricey yunno. I haven't switched to the V series yet. I'd rather wait for the price of the Velvet to come down before opting for it.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Elxandre(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2020
richmondefosa:

LG V60 is a beast no doubt. But these things are quite pricey yunno. I haven't switched to the V series yet. I'd rather wait for the price of the Velvet to come down before opting for it.
Just continue using your lg g8 jare.
That G8x is not worth the upgrade unless you wouldn't lose money trading your present phone for that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by KrazyDave16(m): 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
richmondefosa:
Hi guys

I need kind reviews. I am an LG freak. All my phones have been LG and it's been the G series.
Going from G8 to G8x is a downgrade if you ask me but if you were talking moving to V50 I'd say you consider if losing Dolby support won't affect you.

But if you wanna sell it tell me, I might buy it cos the phone is bae, especially with Android 10.
(Was a user before hoodlums used #endsars mata doff am. Using a crappy Wx3 and it took me minutes to type this)
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Going from G8 to G8x is a downgrade if you ask me but if you were talking moving to V50 I'd say you consider if losing Dolby support won't affect you.

But if you wanna sell it tell me, I might buy it cos the phone is bae, especially with Android 10.
(Was a user before hoodlums used #endsars mata doff am. Using a crappy Wx3 and it took me minutes to type this)

How much are you offering to have it? I'd probably add some funds and switch to the V series starting with the V50.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by KrazyDave16(m): 4:05am On Dec 17, 2020
richmondefosa:

How much are you offering to have it? I'd probably add some funds and switch to the V series starting with the V50.
State your price cos if I do, it would be unreasonable to you.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2020
KrazyDave16:

State your price cos if I do, it would be unreasonable to you.

Let's deal for 90k
It comes with already installed mad-ass games.
I have already upgraded to Android 10 already.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by KrazyDave16(m): 4:10am On Dec 18, 2020
richmondefosa:

Let's deal for 90k
Can it fly for 75K?
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Can it fly for 75K?

No it can't sir.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by KrazyDave16(m): 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2020
richmondefosa:

No it can't sir.
Could you please let it go for 80K?

I'm going crazy using this piece of scrap cry
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Could you please let it go for 80K?

I'm going crazy using this piece of scrap cry

No deal sir.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Buzx: 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Can it fly for 75K?

Check Ali Express. You'll get new one for 90-100k there.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by KrazyDave16(m): 5:33am On Dec 20, 2020
Buzx:

Check Ali Express. You'll get new one for 90-100k there.
Shipping time and customs wahala is what I'm trying to avoid.
Also for that price I can get a hardware modded (12gb+256gb or 512gb) and rooted G8 from taobao...problem is I don't know any one to run it for me.
But nothing spoil.

1 Like

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by KrazyDave16(m): 5:34am On Dec 20, 2020
richmondefosa:

No deal sir.
Ah well...
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Buzx: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Shipping time and customs wahala is what I'm trying to avoid.
Also for that price I can get a hardware modded (12gb+256gb or 512gb) and rooted G8 from taobao...problem is I don't know any one to run it for me.
But nothing spoil.

Oh, too bad. But the phone make sense for the price sha. Would have been very cost if it were a Samsung phone.

1 Like

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Kunja2: 9:33am On Dec 20, 2020
Wow never knew people love LG like this

2 Likes

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Kunja2: 9:35am On Dec 20, 2020
richmondefosa:
Hi guys

I need kind reviews. I am an LG freak. All my phones have been LG and it's been the G series. Whenever I migrate to a newer G series, I keep the old one. I don't sell.
Currently, i am using an LG G8 Thinq. I have used this phone for over a year with no issues, no lag, no problem whatsoever. It runs smoothly. I am a game freak and i run heavy games like COD, PUBG, REAL RACING, FIFA, GTA, X-PLANE 10 and a whole lot of others without challenges. Battery is excellent.
Now the crux of the matter. Before getting the G8 Thinq, i wanted the G8x Thinq but because of paucity of funds, i settled for the G8 Thinq.
Should i buy the LG G8x Thinq? Knowing fully well that it is the last of the LG G series (I cannot afford the LG Velvet yet).
Both were launched the same year and there isn't much difference between them as their hardware and software components are the same. Just a microscopic few disparities.

what's the difference between both
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by fruqy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2020
richmondefosa:
Hi guys

Just seeing this now.

LG G8x is a great device. It's an upgrade over the regular G8 for lots of reasons.

1. Bigger screen size (for gaming since you're into gaming)

2. Bigger Battery (Lasts longer too cos of the 1080p Oled display)

3. Dual Screen. (As a gamer, you'll probably use the second screen as gamepad cos it supports lots of games or just use it multitask like I do.)

4. better selfie Camera (32mp)

5. Better Audio Quality

So many other advantages

Don't go for the V50. G8x is better IMO. V50 is laggy. Even LG knows this. G8x on the other hand is very smooth. I use mine with the dual screen and it's a very good device. You won't know until you use it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
fruqy:

Just seeing this now.

LG G8x is a great device. It's an upgrade over the regular G8 for lots of reasons.

1. Bigger screen size (for gaming since you're into gaming)

2. Bigger Battery (Lasts longer too cos of the 1080p Oled display)

3. Dual Screen. (As a gamer, you'll probably use the second screen as gamepad cos it supports lots of games or just use it multitask like I do.)

4. better selfie Camera (32mp)

5. Better Audio Quality

So many other advantages

Don't go for the V50. G8x is better IMO. V50 is laggy. Even LG knows this. G8x on the other hand is very smooth. I use mine with the dual screen and it's a very good device. You won't know until you use it yourself.

Thank you so much for this opinion. It is a huge relief knowing there are people who use LG too.
Your review is straight forward and I am taking your word for it.
I will be getting the G8x

Regards

1 Like

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by fruqy(m): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2020
richmondefosa:

Thank you so much for this opinion. It is a huge relief knowing there are people who use LG too.
Your review is straight forward and I am taking your word for it.
I will be getting the G8x

Regards

You're welcome Boss

1 Like

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Barmzy(m): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
richmondefosa:

Let's deal for 90k
Is it still neat? if yes let chat on WhatsApp 0903-666-4888. you can also drop ur contact too
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Stevengold(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
My love for LG, I've used almost all G series, I stopped at G6 though, I used G2 thrice, use G3, then G4, I didn't use G5 cuz it had software issues, I then switched to G6.the G flex, the curved one.

They hardly sell those phones again, and I loved LG. Unique style abs UI, I like the fact that their power button is always behind.

I think G8 is still a unique device, the only thing that'll make me advice you to get the g8x thinq is the screen size, 6.4, battery capacity. And 32mpixel front camera module, aside that everything is basically the same, the g8 thinq has a higher resolution too.

1 Like

Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by yemkoguru(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2020
LG v40 available here
70k only
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
Kunja2:
Wow never knew people love LG like this

I love am die
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by richmondefosa(m): 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2020
Stevengold:
My love for LG, I've used almost all G series, I stopped at G6 though, I used G2 thrice, use G3, then G4, I didn't use G5 cuz it had software issues, I then switched to G6.the G flex, the curved one.

They hardly sell those phones again, and I loved LG. Unique style abs UI, I like the fact that their power button is always behind.

I think G8 is still a unique device, the only thing that'll make me advice you to get the g8x thinq is the screen size, 6.4, battery capacity. And 32mpixel front camera module, aside that everything is basically the same, the g8 thinq has a higher resolution too.

I agree completely.
I have also used all the G series. I used the G flex too. Very rugged phone no doubt. I also love the face that Lg makes it easy and seamless to move all your files from one device to another.
Lg phones are powerful devices.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by KrazyDave16(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2020
Buzx:

Oh, too bad. But the phone make sense for the price sha. Would have been very cost if it were a Samsung phone.
I'm considering the S10 (same form factor) but I can't go for what I cannot afford yet.
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by Kunja2: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
richmondefosa:

I love am die
grin grin grin grin grin
great
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by fruqy(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
I have a locked G8X (with Dual Screen Accessory) for sale.

At&t locked.

Message me on WhatsApp if you're interested

070 310 10 213
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by OVA200(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2020
fruqy:
I have a locked G8X (with Dual Screen Accessory) for sale.

At&t locked.

Message me on WhatsApp if you're interested

How much?
And is it easy to unlock?
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by fruqy(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2020
OVA200:
How much?
And is it easy to unlock?

130k. Don't know about Unlock
Re: Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice by FreezedIced: 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
richmondefosa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help A Brother Tecno D9 Got Bricked / Blue Gate Bg7i Dual SIM Tablet, 7" Screen And 3000mah Battery / Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.