Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC (22399 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Glo Announces Start Of NIN Registration At Its Retail Centres / FG Extends Deadline For NiN Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by KushLyon(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Nigerian youth are too lazy!... Something that didn't take me up to 10 minutes to do, they are everywhere on social media crying wolf.. Come February 28, 2021, most of them will still not meet the deadline and still call for another extension.

Too bad! Even on this thread, you'll see them accusing the government of "inflicting pains on them".. Very lazy youth! But if it's to watch BBN and vote for their favorite housemates, they'll lavish all their time on such frivolities, but common to do something that will benefit them, they are attacking the government..

Seriously, only God Almighty can help us!
Silver nor gold you don't have, turns out you don't have sense as well

1 Like

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2020
COMPAQ:

Not sure Nigerians who onward sell SIM with their own details care about selling their NIN. Nigerians worry more about today than tomorrow. Is it a Nigerian in the jungle of Sambisa that is worrying about the future impact of his NIN? Person wey no even get future!!

Maybe, but people who register for NIN are told that the number is very very important...so i doubt they would be so willing to sell it.(No one sells the SIM that is linked to their BVN willingly!)
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by KushLyon(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

I agree this admin is not a good admin, but this measure would improve the security of Nigeria and make it harder for criminal agents to operate.

MODIFIED

1.Linking sim to NIN in essence makes your SIM a new ID card so to speak...meaning it would be difficult to sell your SIM to anyone...including potential kidnappers....because it would be tantamount to selling your ID.

2.Assuming a kidnapper kidnaps someone to use his SIM to make extorition calls for another kidnap victim...that adds more stress, and draws more attention to the kidnapper.

MODIFIED 2

Currently, one can register up to a 100 SIM in his or her name and sell them off. These SIMS can then be sold on to criminals and crooks. Meaning that a kidnapper can make calls without fear of being traced.

This new policy makes it harder for criminals. Since now, every SIM one registers for has to be linked to the NIN...which works in 2 ways

1.People would be more reluctant to sell their SIM cards....now that they are linked to the NIN

2.Everyone has to use a SIM card that is linked to NIN...making it easier to trace criminals.

Why will a kidnapper kidnap another person just to use his sim when they can just rob someone and collect his phone and sim? A criminal can always steal someone's else phone and use the sim to carry out their activities while hiding under the ID of the person. If security operatives comes sniffing, they will end up arresting the wrong person simply because his nin was traced to a sim used for carrying out nefarious activities

1 Like

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Hmm,has no response to my points raised, so he indulges in abuse.

Better have some more fun.
Thank you
No day carry Nigeria matter for head

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Gokoyer0(m): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
Is it possible to do it online or we have to go to NIMC or NCC offices to link our sim card to NIN??
SilverNorGold:
Nigerian youth are too lazy!... Something that didn't take me up to 10 minutes to do, they are everywhere on social media crying wolf.. Come February 28, 2021, most of them will still not meet the deadline and still call for another extension.

Too bad! Even on this thread, you'll see them accusing the government of "inflicting pains on them".. Very lazy youth! But if it's to watch BBN and vote for their favorite housemates, they'll lavish all their time on such frivolities, but common to do something that will benefit them, they are attacking the government..

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2020
KushLyon:

Why will a kidnapper kidnap another person just to use his sim when they can just rob someone and collect his phone and sim? A criminal can always steal someone's else phone and use the sim to carry out their activities while hiding under the ID of the person. If security operatives comes sniffing, they will end up arresting the wrong person simply because his nin was traced to a sim used for carrying out nefarious activities

Well, if that happens, then someone can just simply report immediately that their phone was stolen.

Cops won't then look at the person when they start investigating. Mobile companies can also block the phone.

Kidnapper back to square one.
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by pepericozi: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2020
What is government trying to achieve with sim-nin registration? Why the hardship on the people?
Police can always track criminals with their locations if they really want to.

Enough of the rubbish, please
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by ICEWIN: 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
well am not surprise.
the govt gave one month for b.v.n enrollment and today b.v.n is still going on.
same thing will be apply for this new policy.
How can u register more that 150million people in just 2weeks or 2month,well not possible.
Let them block my sim,because i dont have that time to go,untill the main deadline(scam),which i know there is no deadline.
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by customised87: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Do you enter the sun to watch BBN or you watch in the comfort of your home?
Not everyone is jobless enough to wake up early in the morning for days trying to get NIN. We are trying to hustle to provide ourselves with the things Govt can’t provide us.
Why can’t the Govt look for ways to make registering for it easy?

4 Likes

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by TinubuGoQuench(f): 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:

YOU LACK SENSE
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Mars16(m): 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2020
vickydankal:
How did we offend this administration, how ?
Because they are behaving like pharaoh, always looking for ways to inflict pain on the citizens.
As in like Pharaoh every new day they just keep formulating policies that suffer and cause more pain to Nigerians.
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Naughtysex: 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:

The only thing i have to say to you is "you are stupid"
and for you to know how stupid you are, read your post again

1 Like

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Drizzy5001(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
I love this new system
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Sleekmilan01(m): 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
Aretiy2:
Slay Queen Accused Of Stealing Condom Arrested, Stripped Naked And Assaulted By Boys — VIDEO

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/beautiful-lady-half-strpped-off-for-stealing-condoms-in-a-supermarket-watch-video
Bloody liar looking for traffic...she didn't steal condom in supermarket,she his the condom her customer used inside her vagina and BTW this video is 3-4years old

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12848623_screenshot20201216113935_jpegfbd9f188640524fc81f53915812001c1

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by tnerro1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Because even with biometric, there are hundereds of SIM cards that have been pre-registered...

Which is made easy by the fact that the laws don't limit the number of SIM cards you can own and by extension register for.

Under such a scenairo, someone can register 20 sims, and sell 19 to people who 'DON'T HAVE THE TIME' to register in person, and that includes kidnappers. and other criminals.

And when the police investigates....

Linking the SIM to the NIN makes it harder. People now have to register their SIM in person. That ends the pre-registered SIM loophole that was exploited by criminals.

It also prevents people from selling their SIM. Why sell your sim since it is now linked to your NIN? It would be like giving away your ID to all and sundry.

It’s like you don’t know what is happening with NIN registration in the rural areas. I will not tell you, go and find out for yourself.
If I register my sim with why biometric and sell to another person and I am not made to face the law when caught, what will be different about the NIN? Is it not the same biometric you also did to get your NIN?
There is a law against selling pre registered SIM cards. We need to implement our laws not creating new ones. Very soon they will ask us to link our BVN to our NIN to access our bank accounts.
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by AfroKnight: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

So, you register a new sim, and add NIN.

Lol. You have not been to the NIMC office before, that’s why you’re saying this.
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by obama30: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2020
lalasticlala:
Here is an earlier thread on the issue https://www.nairaland.com/6315957/fg-disconnect-sim-cards-not

Meanwhile, House of Reps has called for the extension of the 2-week deadline;

https://twitter.com/PulseNigeria247/status/1339182344557764618?s=19

How can I get my card? I registered since 2016 till date all I have is temporary card.

Which number among the numbers on the temporary card should I use?

How can abroad based Nigerians register this within the short period deadline.

Why is it that Nigeria government are confused in everything.

Can't understand the type of people that manage Nigerians affairs
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Iamzik: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:

How did you do it? Tell us
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by deebrain(m): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
People do not even take the government seriously.
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Babs67(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
Wetin happen na??
That's too much
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by pat1612(m): 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
lalasticlala:
Here is an earlier thread on the issue https://www.nairaland.com/6315957/fg-disconnect-sim-cards-not

Meanwhile, House of Reps has called for the extension of the 2-week deadline;

https://twitter.com/PulseNigeria247/status/1339182344557764618?s=19

This is having it own flaw what about expatriates living in country will they also get NIN number?
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Mac2016(m): 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2020
vickydankal:
How did we offend this administration, how ?
Because they are behaving like pharaoh, always looking for ways to inflict pain on the citizens.
I tell you... Registering physically during this pandemic.. Another foolish decision
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
AfroKnight:

Lol. You have not been to the NIMC office before, that’s why you’re saying this.

August 2013, and it took half a day
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Coinbased: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by aziza45442: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
This is having it own flaw what about expatriates living in country will they also get NIN number?
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2020
tnerro1:

It’s like you don’t know what is happening with NIN registration in the rural areas. I will not tell you, go and find out for yourself.

If it is that bad, contact your senator.

If I register my sim with why biometric and sell to another person and I am not made to face the law when caught, what will be different about the NIN? Is it not the same biometric you also did to get your NIN?

Why should you then sell your SIM that is linked to your NIN? You want to expose yourself to identity fraud.

It is like you don't get it...the only sim that works would be the ones linked to your NIN. Selling it or giving out such SIM means you are exposing yourself to identity theft.

Don't argue for the sake of argument.

There is a law against selling pre registered SIM cards. We need to implement our laws not creating new ones. Very soon they will ask us to link our BVN to our NIN to access our bank accounts.

They shoould. Linking SIM cards to a NIN makes it more easier to enforce such a law. All that one needs to do is arrest anyone selling SIM cards preregistered by checking the NIN...and that business would soon become unattractive.
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Temidaryour: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
God punish you there...idiots
SilverNorGold:

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by Zetty177x: 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Less than 20 people like ur comment..u see not many agree with u

2 Likes

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by yahmohy27: 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Thank You so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by yahmohy27: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

I agree this admin is not a good admin, but this measure would improve the security of Nigeria and make it harder for criminal agents to operate.

MODIFIED

1.Linking sim to NIN in essence makes your SIM a new ID card so to speak...meaning it would be difficult to sell your SIM to anyone...including potential kidnappers....because it would be tantamount to selling your ID.

2.Assuming a kidnapper kidnaps someone to use his SIM to make extorition calls for another kidnap victim...that adds more stress, and draws more attention to the kidnapper.

MODIFIED 2

Currently, one can register up to a 100 SIM in his or her name and sell them off. These SIMS can then be sold on to criminals and crooks. Meaning that a kidnapper can make calls without fear of being traced.

This new policy makes it harder for criminals. Since now, every SIM one registers for has to be linked to the NIN...which works in 2 ways

1.People would be more reluctant to sell their SIM cards....now that they are linked to the NIN

2.Everyone has to use a SIM card that is linked to NIN...making it easier to trace criminals.
Thanks My Brother
Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by yahmohy27: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
Judolisco:
Extend what?? u must block it oh.... Shey all of una wey dey government no get sense arbi
Some people don't even have d NIN number
Some have d NIN number but have 2 - 3 active sim cards u now give 2 weeks ultimatum, in d coming weeks now u will see nimc offices jam-packed with people trying to register nonsense in dis December period /covid19 period ... Makes me wonder if everybody in dis buhari government is dumb.. I have not seen one smart minister... They jst wake up take a cup of tea and spew thrash
Yeah so wrong with such an ultimatum as if we are not human beings

2 Likes

Re: Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC by almarthins(m): 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:

l

How did you do it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Aero Whatsapp Latest Version 8.22 For Android / Amazon Offers $25 Gift Cards For 3D Entire Body Scan (Photos) / What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.