Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria (257 Views)

I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / One Major Reason Why Nigeria Has Zero Chance Of Defeating Niger Republic / Peter Obi: Nig Did Not Achieve A Single Goal Of MDG Under PDP Govt Frm 2000_2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria by Sleyanya1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2020
Firstly, I would like to say that this write-up may not come off as the best styled or structured, but I'm passionate about passing this message across and hoping it inspires someone out there.

I have been pondering on this question over the years, Do we really have a common value or bond as a people within a Nation?
I really do think it's a fundamental requirement bonding every stable Nation over a long period. From my observation, most successful countries have this priceless value for their fellow countrymen irrespective of state, town, tribe, religion etc. (of course except for few incidences). This sense of value for an individual, transcends into that for a community, county, state and the Nation at large.( Please note that this sense of value is a responsibility for all, not the government. )

The Challenge:
Nigeria is a country comprising of people from diverse religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, with lots of unhealed wounds from past conflicts, crises and war, which have further widened the gap and distrust amongst us. Evidences of these gaps and bias could be seen daily, even in the comment sections of this platform. We shouldn't continue this way.

The Way forward for a better Nigeria
It is simply by understanding the truth that Good and Evil are the two major opposite forces influencing the entire world and they cut across races, nations, states, tribes, religions and ethnicity. Knowing this, We must learn to Love, respect and show kindness to eachother without any bias.

My Experience:
I got back from work yesterday afternoon, and due to the power supply issues within my area, we had no power nor water. I beckoned on a 'mai ruwa' (water supplier) to bring me some kegs. While he was at it, there was a heavy downpour (PH city rain sad ) which halted his activity and seeing that he was trapped by the rain, he muttered some words (probably Hausa) and gestured to me.
I welcomed him in and offered him a sit while I fetched the water from his cart.

While inside, I thought to myself to show a little kindness because I really think we all need that in this country. I offered him water to drink and just as the rain subsided, I gave him some clothes. After paying him for his water services, I saw the joy in his eyes as he kept showing his gratitude. I was also deeply fulfilled because I believe that somewhere out there, there's a Hausa/Fulani man showing kindness to an yoruba man, an Yoruba man happily in love with his Igbo wife, an Ikwerre man enjoying the company of his Igbo friend, A Benin guy chilling with Warri guy, etc.

In Conclusion
I strongly feel that if we could grow genuine love, respect and show acts of kindness towards eachother irrespective of seemingly limiting factors mentioned above, then we are on our way to having a common value as a people which will form the foundation for a better nation, Nigeria.

Please feel free to comment, share an act of kindness shown to you by a stranger and let's get to learn more.

Thank you for taking out time to read through & if you didn't, please kindly go back do the needful smiley

Ps: I didn't take any photo of the guy, it was absolutely unnecessary and would have defeated the motive.

1 Like

Re: One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria by yemmit90: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
Our major problem as black or Africans is cultural heritage.

While an average white prioritize the development of his/her society, an average black man sees himself and his family as priority.

Black hate his fellow black, he doesn't want him to be like him, he would rather keep him in perpetual slavery than to allow him to enjoy good things of life.

He doesnt want a good environment or society but a beautiful perfect home for himself alone, so that others can worship him.

A average black man is evil, egocentric and ignorant. He would rather denied others good things of life even when he is in good position to help them. He cares not the pains and struggles of others as long as he is enjoying good things life can offer.

1 Like

Re: One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria by Raydos: 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
I'm still praying for the day the white people will produce the strongest nuclear bombs in history that's capable of wiping a whole continent, Then detonate it in Africa and wipe everyone out

We're useless, we contribute absolutely nothing to the world growth!!

The world won't miss us!!
Re: One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria by Sleyanya1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
yemmit90:
Our major problem as black or Africans is cultural heritage.

While an average white prioritize the development of his/her society, an average black man sees himself and his family as priority.

Black hate his fellow black, he doesn't want him to be like him, he would rather keep him in perpetual slavery than to allow him to enjoy good things of life.

He doesnt want a good environment or society but a beautiful perfect home for himself alone, so that others can worship him.

A average black man is evil, egocentric and ignorant. He would rather denied others good things of life even when he is in good position to help them. He cares not the pains and struggles of others as long as he is enjoying good things life can offer.

You're absolutely right in your observations. Unfortunately, that's the mindset of the average Nigerian politician as most often than not, the vision for others dies once they clinch their Political positions.

However, the people are always going to be more and as such we are the producers of the future leaders. We can only curb this negative trend by starting to spread love amongst ourselves.

Thanks for sharing your thought.
Re: One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria by Sleyanya1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
Raydos:
I'm still praying for the day the white people will produce the strongest nuclear bombs in history that's capable of wiping a whole continent, Then detonate it in Africa and wipe everyone out

Hahahaha, I share a little in your sentiments but I don't think we're totally useless in the global food web. Even the bees are have their importance.

On a second thought, what if the ancient whites were some of the major sponsors of our present norm.
We can only rise up and change the narrative ourselves.

Thanks for your feedback too.
Re: One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria by Twutin: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
shocked
Raydos:

Re: One Major Way To Achieve A Better Nigeria by THELATTERMAN(m): 10:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
Raydos:

Speak for yourself. You are useless, doesnt mean Africans are useless.

(1) (Reply)

Abia LG Poll: Gov. Ikpeazu Declares Friday Public Holiday / Middle Belt, Southern Leaders Give FG 90 Days To Repeal 1999 Constitution / Gov Ikpeazu Responds To Defection Reports Read More At: Https://daybreak.ng/202

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.