Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result (1602 Views)

Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / The Remaining States That Will Decide The Winner Of The Presidential Election / Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 26, 2011
ENUGU – Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime of Enugu State has received a rare endorsement from the Yoruba, Hausa, Igala and other ethnic communities resident in Enugu , even as the governor, yesterday, took his campaigns to major markets in the state capital.

The ethnic groups made the adoption during Sunday's interactive session with the governor at an event attended by thousands of the people of other tribes resident in Enugu .

advertisement

Speaking on the occasion, Chief Johnson Adeyelu, the leader of the Yoruba community said: "We've come here to express our gratitude to you (Chime) for the good works you've been doing in the state. For us as Yoruba, we've never had it this good. We thank you because we've not experienced any kind of discrimination.

"The only way we can pay you back is to vote for you massively during the April 16 elections and be rest assured that you'll get our votes."

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/23/306.html
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by EzeUche2(m): 4:22am On Mar 26, 2011
Enugu is always leading the way.

Sullivan Chime is truly a good governor in PDP. Thank you Ileke-Idi for recognizing the fact that Yorubas and other groups reside in Enugu.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Afam4eva(m): 4:28am On Mar 26, 2011
Tomorrow they will start telling us that yorubas don't live in the east.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by EzeUche2(m): 4:28am On Mar 26, 2011
afam4eva:

Tomorrow they will start telling us that yorubas don't live in the east.

grin grin grin

Where sjeezy and eku_bear?
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Afam4eva(m): 4:37am On Mar 26, 2011
Yorubas don't only live in the east but they are also vocal.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 4:43am On Mar 26, 2011
afam4eva:

Yorubas don't only live in the east but they are also vocal.

I'm assuming that you're trying to refute sbeezy/ etk bear's stance on Yoruba people in another man's land. Of course Yorubas move around. They're in Germany, Ghana, Asia etc. What you failed to take into acct is their emphasis on Investment. Yorubas prefer to invest in their own land. They prefer to buy lands in their own land.

So yes, one has to be vocal to be heard, no? What is different in each vocalist is how they want to be heard. Nobody wants to hear persistent whining. The greatest method is voting, with that done and done the right way, one will surely be heard.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 4:47am On Mar 26, 2011
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by mbatuku1: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'm assuming that you're trying to refute sbeezy/ etk bear's stance on Yoruba people in another man's land. Of course Yorubas move around. They're in Germany, Ghana, Asia etc. What you failed to take into acct is their emphasis on Investment. Yorubas prefer to invest in their own land. They prefer to buy lands in their own land.

The manner in which you bigots reason make me laugh.

Is yorubaland= only Lagos? How many yorubas invest in Ekiti and Osun states?

There's a property bubble and a massive market potential(due to the high pressure on accommodation by the huge population) going on in Lagos and spreading into Ogun. Who would not cash in on that? I already have a property in Lagos, and still developing 2 more in Ogun.

If Igbos have that kind of huge number of other ethnics in any of their cities, you think they'll invest much outside? I dont need to even buy properties, my  family's ancestral
lands will be big money for me.

You bigots are simply amazing in your foolish thinking.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by saintneo(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:
"We've come here to express our gratitude to you (Chime) for the good works you've been doing in the state. For us as Yoruba, we've never had it this good. We thank you because we've not experienced any kind of discrimination.
This is the best part of original post. This goes out to the people who fan the flames of fanatic tribalism, be it known to you that Ndigbo are very accommodating people.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by sbeezy8: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2011
i dont know what kinda dumb title this is - it CLEARLY SAYS OTHER TRIBES ASWELL.

mbatuku1:

There's a property bubble and a massive market potential(due to the high pressure on accommodation by the huge population) going on in Lagos and spreading into Ogun. Who would not cash in on that? I already have a property in Lagos, and still developing 2 more in Ogun.

If Igbos have that kind of huge number of other ethnics in any of their cities, you think they'll invest much outside? I dont need to even buy properties, my  family's ancestral

I think its funny how some people think they are the only ones doing business in Nigeria? I mean its common sense Populations are increasing in the west WTF would I then take my money to the East or anywhere else?- thats from a business standpoint.

people were always coming to the west to live in Ibadan Lagos Akure Abeokuta- from 1800's so what yoruba person would feel the need to leave what money would I make outside yorubaland.  WE ONLY SEE PROFIT IN YORUBALAND- so whats the big deal?

you said you are developing property in Ogun state SO ARE MY PARENTS as well as Akure and  Osun. So why would any yoruba leave yorubaland when obvisously thats where the profit is?

and PLUS AINT NOTHING LIKE YORUBALAND HOME SWEET HOME LANGUAGE CULTURE ETC . . . other regions just are NOT HOT OR POPULAR.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by egift(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2011
@ Post:

When we say we support Chime, there are so many things small and great he have accomplished to show for the support.

But when you say you support Jonathan, I ask what has he accomplished to earn that support grin grin grin
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by AndreUweh(m): 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2011
mbatuku1:

Spot on.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2011
mbatuku1:

Is yorubaland= only Lagos? [b]How many yorubas invest in Ekiti and Osun states?[/b]There's a property bubble and a massive market potential(due to the high pressure on accommodation by the huge population) going on in Lagos and spreading into Ogun. Who would not cash in on that? I already have a property in Lagos, and still developing 2 more in Ogun.

If Igbos have that kind of huge number of other ethnics in any of their cities, you think they'll invest much outside? I dont need to even buy properties, my family's ancestral

How many Yorubas invest in Ekiti and Osun states? What a foolish question! Who are the people investing in these places, ibos?
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^^
Where are the private investments in Ekiti and Osun? Care to show us
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^^^
Dont need to again. Been there 1000 x nothing visible.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2011
I am lying? Okay oh! I don hear, suit yourself then. Just show me the industries apart from fed or state ones.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2011
Osun private investors cannot boast of more than 1,2, 3 SMSs, such as phone booths and iya olonjes.lol
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2011
Why the massive support for Chime from other ethnic groups? I had always thought Chime was in the "evil" PDP. undecided
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

^^^^
Dont need to again. Been there 1000 x nothing visible.

Every small business and landed properties in Osun and Ekiti does not count as investments in your warped reasoning. If it is not a billion Naira factory, then it doesn't count right?

Ibos!
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2011
http://www.osunstate.gov.ng/economy.htm

SERVICE INDUSTRIES
Industries which render various services to other industries abound in the State. The
major ones include the following:
s/n

Service Providers

Service Users
Nigeria Machine Tools Ltd. (Fed recently privatized)
Osogbo Steel Rolling Company Ltd (Fed, recently bought by Dangote)
Fabricators of industrial machinery and equipment.
Telecommunication services operators (main base in Lagos, MTN, etc)
Business Centres (such as phone booths and photocopy centres)
Industrial and Management Consulting firms All industries (dagbo, just like the ones all over Nigeria)

What are the other industries that are private?
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

Every small business and landed properties in Osun and Ekiti does not count as investments in your warped reasoning. If it is not a billion Naira factory, then it doesn't count right?

Ibos!

Land has always been there in Osun, as in other places. People buy and resell land everyday. Kini big deal?
Okay cocoa, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2011
Ekiti is even worse off. Cant find even one investment there except buying and reselling land and building pako houses.

Cocoa , may be lol
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

Ekiti is even worse off.[b] Cant find even one investment there except buying and reselling land and building pako houses.[/b]Cocoa , may be lol

That's right. When I said all of you ibos addicted to buying and selling are just sitting ducks, waiting to be to converted to factory workers, I was right.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^^^
Just show the industries in Osun and Ekiti as you will find in Aba, Nnewi, etc small cities like Osun and Ekiti.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by sbeezy8: 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

^^^^
Just show the industries in Osun and Ekiti as you will find in Aba, Nnewi, etc small cities like Osun and Ekiti.

LOL why are you comparing that with Osun and Ekiti with any state in th east ? I would expect smaller AREAS to have more industries because of a densely populated area. Thats common sense.

thats like asking what factories are in Ny/Detroit compared to Larger more rural states in the US.

Aigbofa:

That's right. When I said all of you ibos addicted to buying and selling are just sitting ducks, waiting to be to converted to factory workers, I was right.

i MEAN dis guy you are arguing for no reason because Industry in the east would be more where population is more dense
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

^^^^

Factories? If making substandard slippers on a table in front of your house counts as a factory, then I will give it to you guys.

When a Yorubas opens a factory, you can be rest assured that, it is indeed a factory, not some ramshackle workshop.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by sbeezy8: 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2011
I mean can you compare New jersey or Detroit,Michigan to North carolina or Virginia?

LOL- As far I like it Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta - need to stay as cities while Osun and Ekiti states should stay largley rural and agric based economies.

the need for every SW state to be a booming city is not wanted BY MANY and is very unrealstic.

I'd rather have Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta cities booming, while the larger parts of the SW (Ogbmosho,Oshogbo,Ekiti ESP OSUN ) STAY RURAL AND QUIET like the suburbs in America.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2011
sbeezy8:

I mean can you compare New jersey or Detroit,Michigan to North carolina or Virginia?

LOL- As far I like it Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta - need to stay as cities while Osun and Ekiti states should stay largley rural and agric based economies.

the need for every SW state to be a booming city is not wanted BY MANY and is very unrealstic.

I'd rather have Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta cities booming, while the larger parts of the SW (Ogbmosho,Oshogbo,Ekiti ESP OSUN ) STAY RURAL AND QUIET like the suburbs in America.

No, he probably thinks every city in the industrialized world is cramped with factories.
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

No, he probably thinks every city in the industrialized world is cramped with factories.

So what were you arguing when someone up there said there are no investments in Ekiti and Osun? What was your argument? You sound foolish[b]er[/b] and foolish[b]er [/b]by the day, you know?
Re: April Polls: Yoruba May Decide The Result by Adelaide2: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2011
And some not-so-smart person just added Ondo to the list? Where are the industries in Ondo?
Lagos Yes, Abeokuta yes (in part) and Ibadan also in part (although that one is an over glorified, under-achieving city)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How IBB, OBJ, And Abacha Shared Our Oil Fields / Breaking News: / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.