Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) (336 Views)

Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / Why Is A Medical Doctor Placed Higher Than A Newly Employed Lecturer With A Ph.d / First Black Woman(Nigerian) To Obtain Ph.d In Aerospace Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by 1b8m: 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
I have tendered over 500 application letters to different companies since I left school in 2016 and haven't gotten a single invite for an interview till today. Lol
My biggest fear is to be stagnant in life and so I took a bold step in 2018 to enrol in a Masters program. It was a bumpy ride but I thank God for his grace, it's been a horrid ride but he never allowed the scars show.
Please celebrate with me today as I bag a Masters degree in chemical engineering.

3 Likes

Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by koolib(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hearty Congratulations!
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by ProfAmaben(m): 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
Congratulations. Don't go for a PhD yet, go and learn something practical in chemical engineering. You could advance the reverse osmosis for existing water companies, there's a lot you can do with this master degree.
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
Congratulations. Not a single interview yet over 500 applications. That's my my beef with many engineering courses. They aren't as lucrative as people think. Op is it in Nigeria you did the masters? If it's in Nigeria just write the GRE and focus on getting into a PhD in the USA. There's no chemical engineering jobs in Nigeria.
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by 1b8m: 5:36am On Dec 17, 2020
koolib:
Hearty Congratulations!
many thanks
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by 1b8m: 5:37am On Dec 17, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Congratulations. Don't go for a PhD yet, go and learn something practical in chemical engineering. You could advance the reverse osmosis for existing water companies, there's a lot you can do with this master degree.
ok, that sounds very interesting. Where can I learn that please?
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by 1b8m: 5:39am On Dec 17, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Congratulations. Not a single interview yet over 500 applications. That's my my beef with many engineering courses. They aren't as lucrative as people think. Op is it in Nigeria you did the masters? If it's in Nigeria just write the GRE and focus on getting into a PhD in the USA. There's no chemical engineering jobs in Nigeria.
I did it in Nigeria. I'm strongly considering the GRE but for the pandemic which probably may be making travelling to the U.S. difficult
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by capitalzero: 5:50am On Dec 17, 2020
1b8m:
I did it in Nigeria. I'm strongly considering the GRE but for the pandemic which probably may be making travelling to the U.S. difficult

You can try phd in Canada. You are still very young. If you phd here , you may end up in classrooms.
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:25am On Dec 17, 2020
1b8m:
Forget the pandemic and start preparing. All things God willing you get admitted at least ending of next year for a PhD. Don't waste your time applying to jobs because there's none except you highly connected. All the jobs out there now are for computer science people. At least the USA still has a striving manufacturing industry that's in need of chemical engineers. Also research on Germany, the good schools also seem to need the GRE.
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by Gerrard59(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2020
capitalzero:

You can try phd in Canada. You are still very young. If you phd here , you may end up in classrooms.

Which Canada? He's likely to be asked to pay for his PhD or told that funding doesn't exist. If you apply to universities in Japan or Canada, they will want to admit you only when you assure them you have funding because 9/10, they don't have enough to fund prospective PhD students who are outside those countries.

But you see the US? There's always money, just do the needful. Forget whatever pandemic, vaccine don show and Biden is president. Do the needful and all things being equal, you start classes in 2022 class.

Cc:1b8m
Re: Mtech Bagged, Ph.d In View (pics) by 1b8m: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

Which Canada? He's likely to be asked to pay for his PhD or told that funding doesn't exist. If you apply to universities in Japan or Canada, they will want to admit you only when you assure them you have funding because 9/10, they don't have enough to fund prospective PhD students who are outside those countries.

But you see the US? There's always money, just do the needful. Forget whatever pandemic, vaccine don show and Biden is president. Do the needful and all things being equal, you start classes in 2022 class.

Cc:1b8m
thanks....I will attempt the U.S.

(1) (Reply)

Digital Marketing / Pple Say Job No Dey Abuja But E Plent For Lagos / Looking To Hire A Content Writer? Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.