Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Breaking: Governor Abdulrahaman Begins Fresh Moves To Hijack Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Governor Abdulrahaman Begins Fresh Moves To Hijack Party (1077 Views)

PDP Governors Strategize To Hijack Party Structure As Wike And Atiku Feud Deepen / Southern Governors, Leaders Begin Fresh Moves To Get Kanu Out From Detention / Igbo Leaders In Fresh Moves To Free Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Governor Abdulrahaman Begins Fresh Moves To Hijack Party by Kelf2016(m): 2:06am On Dec 17, 2020
Breaking

*Gov. Abdulrahaman Begins Fresh Moves to Hijack Party, says no Retreat , No Surrender*

*...Mobilise Ward Chairmen with #50,000 for Hatchet job against BOB led Caretaker Excos*

Kwara state governor, Abdulrahaman Abdulrazaq has launched another scheme to truncate the party presently constituted around Hon Bashir Omolaja Bolarinwa, BOB led Caretaker committee in the state . This is in a desperate bid to avenge his recent loss to the party chairman in Abuja , the fct following 11th hour sworn-in of BOB as party caretaker chairman by National leadership of the party.

Recall that last weekend , the Governor had perfected plan to substitute BOB with one of his AA faction members to emerge as caretakers Chairman for the all progressive congress , kwara state but in a dramatic manner, Hon Bashir Omolaja Bolarinwa was inaugurated alongside 35 others as caretaker chairman for kwara state APC.

*Gov. AA , his family and Supporters still Nursing Injury Sustained from BOB Miraculous Victory*

This development which has thrown Governor and his supporters off balance since last weekend has left the Governor puzzling on how BOB managed to emerge at Abuja despite huge financial resources committed to upstage him at the national arena .

Governor Abdulrahaman hired 5 different private jets which conveyed his supporters to and from Abuja after he was said to have secured assurance from some people in Abuja that his candidate, Chief Fagbemi would be sworn in as replacement to BOB at the inauguration arena. Chief Fagbemi choice by Governor Abdulrahaman was a total violation of party's rule which stated that to emerge as state caretaker chairman, such a persons must be a member of state executive of the party , Chief Fagbemi is not a member of excos of kwara APC .

Inside source close to Abdulrazaq family confided in this medium that a senior Sister to the Governor and former Senator , Kahirat Gwadabe had been calling several people in Abuja to express her family sadness over BOB emergence as caretaker chairman for kwara APC but some people had told her on phone that the emergence of BOB was in interest of APC in kwara and that the party could not have sacrificed the soul of the party for any other offer

The phone conversation threw Senator Kahirat off radar as she was said to have locked herself inside her room for over 24hours in Abuja before phone calls from Governor Abdulrahaman could convince her to cheer up and expect another twist in the game .

*How Police Foiled Abdulrahaman's Attempt to Disrupt Kwara Inauguration*

When all hopes seems lost to block the inauguration of party's chairman in Abuja , the next action is to deploys local machineries in kwara to truncate inauguration of state , local government as well as wards excos of the party who of course will be taking instruction from Bolarinwa , the new sheriff .

The war seems not over as some hoodlums was reportedly deployed and tried to force themselves into the secretariat where the inauguration was taking place in order to disrupt and prevent the smooth running of the program. However , the men of Nigerian police who were on guard repelled their attempts . no doubt , they were same boys sent from government house to attack Bolarinwa in Shao town , Moro LGA few months back.

Fortunately for lovers of APC, the party chairman had successfully inaugurated all excos of the party from state to ward level all of those who are expected to act s caretaker executives pending the general Congress next year.

*Governor Mobilised Ward Chairmen with 50k for Hatchet Job*

Meanwhile, governor Abdulrahaman Abdulrazaq had summoned all the 193 ward Chairmen inaugurated by BOB to an emergency meetings shortly after their inauguration. But the Governor was disappointed again to see that out of 193 ward chairmen who received his invitation messages for the meeting , only 45 from Kwara north were able to honor the Governor's meetings .

The Governor could not hide his bad feelings as he openly told the Speaker , Hon Yakub Danladi who was in charge of his mobilisation that the number of chairmen who attended the meetings was not sufficient to execute his plan to hijack the party. Responding, the Speaker urged the Governor to give him another chance to reach out to more party officials in few days

Following the words of hopes from speaker , the Governor proceeded to the business of the day telling his guest what he wanted them to do for him with assurance of handsome rewards and patronage .

The Governor ordered immediate disbursement of fifty thousand naira #(50,000) for each of the attendees as a sign that he really means business. Each of the 45 ward Chairmen was handed 50k in front of the Governor.

A Governor who usually boast of not ready to share government money is now the one luring ward Chairmen with millions of naira taxpayer's fund .

*Luring with TIC Appointment*

The Governor proceeded by informing his guest that he would not be conducting Local government elections nor be appointing caretaker chairman for the councils until his mission to take over party's administration is fulfilled. One of the Chairmen who attended the meetings quoted the Governor as saying :

"Gentlemen, I want to start by assuring you that you are my people , you must go back home and woo your colleagues to this side so we can have the majority, I believe you can do this for us so that we can also do what we want to do to help you.

On the issue of local government or TIC constitution , no appointment or elections will take place until we are able to take our rightful place in that party . We own the party and we must take charge of it fully "

The Governor also talked about rewarding his loyalists with UBEC contracts that his administration is working towards .

"All of you should go out there and make biddings , all the contracts are for those who we see as our own , you will enjoy me once you are ready to cooperate with me fully . to us, loyalty is key , we won't tolerate half loyalty from anybody "

The Governor also informed his guest that the battle line is now drawn between him and the BOB led party noting that he would never rest until he showed BOB the way out of that party

Let me make it clear that the battle line has been drawn , I am ready to show them I am not weak and I am not a coward . I promise you all we will take over the party but you must do your bit by bringing your colleagues on board . I am not presently impressed with this turn out but I want to give yoy more chance to prove yourselves"

*Part Elders React*

Some elders of the party from across the state have condemned the new path being toed by the Governor to noting that such action may destroy the fabric of the party .

Speaking to this medium on condition of anonymity ,an elder from Kwara north said the party will not condone any impunity from any quarters no matter who is involved

"We will not accept any action that will put our party in jeopardy, let it be known to all those who are scheming that BOB had been inaugurated and the executives of the party are now intact including those at the ward level "

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerian Military Conducting Air Strikes In Orlu / Fact Check: Nnamdi Kanu Did Not Ordered For Anyone Outside To Be Killed / Nigerian Soldiers Kill IPOB Lawyer's Personal Assistant, Escape With Corpse, Abd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.