Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Who Are The Elect? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Elect? (718 Views)

How Satan Is Monitoring The Elect Of God In The New World Order / Who Are The Elect? / Waiting For The Elect Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Elect? by vybzkartel: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2020
Mark 13:20-22

[20]And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

[21]“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it.

[22]For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Who are these elect?
Who elected them?
Why were they elected?
At what time were they elected?

Thank you
Re: Who Are The Elect? by Kobojunkie: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2020
vybzkartel:

[20]And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

[21]“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it.

[22]For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Who are these elect?
Who elected them?
Why were they elected?

Thank you
They are descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that God Himself gave to Jesus Christ, I believe starting with His disciples.
Re: Who Are The Elect? by vybzkartel: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
They are descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that God Himself gave to Jesus Christ, I believe starting with His disciples.

Do you mean bloodline descendants?
Re: Who Are The Elect? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
vybzkartel:
I believe there is no other kind in this case since everyone else would be considered a foreigner or a gentile
Re: Who Are The Elect? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
vybzkartel:

Who are these elect?
Who elected them?
Why were they elected?

Thank you

Elect also means "Chosen" or to be picked up!

Who are these elect? Those who have fully filled the Walk of Faith!

Who Elected them? The Elector! The One who has power to make such Election!

Why were they elected? Because they have passed their exams.

At what time are they elected? At the time they passed their exams!
Re: Who Are The Elect? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

And the other persons who later received The Holy Spirit are not elected, Abi?

Is it not The Law that strangers are welcome to the House Abraham if they are Willing to Keep The Laws of God?

Is that not why we sing "Father Abraham,has many children.. I am one of them..."
Re: Who Are The Elect? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
vybzkartel:

This man utters Complete Dustbins and Almost knows Nothing of God!
Re: Who Are The Elect? by reubenobi(m): 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Elect also means "Chosen" or to be picked up!

Who are these elect? Those who have fully filled the Walk of Faith!

Who Elected them? The Elector! The One who has power to make such Election!

Why were they elected? Because they have passed their exams.

At what time are they elected? At the time they passed their exams!

Which exam and who conducted the exam. I surmise you are a Jehovah Witness.
Re: Who Are The Elect? by DappaD: 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
vybzkartel:

1. Who are these elect?
2. Who elected them?
3. Why were they elected?
4. At what time were they elected?

Thank you

1. The “elect” or “chosen ones” are those who have been chosen, anointed and sealed by God's holy spirit. They will number into a total of 144,000 as Revelation 7:1-8&14:1-5 put it.
Since they are naturally flesh, they will become “born again” i.e. spirit-begotten and given a new birth by incorruptible seed(1Peter 1:23) so when they finish their conquest on earth, they'll be adopted as spirit sons of God and resurrected in an immortal, incorruptible spirit body. Romans 8:14-17, 1Corinthians 15:42-44

2. God chooses those who will become Kingdom heirs alongside his Son, Jesus Christ. It's not by human choice. Matthew 20:20-23, John 1:12

3. The “chosen ones” are to become kings, priests, judges alongside Jesus Christ. 1Corinthians 6:2, 2Timothy 2:12, Revelation 5:9-10, 20:4-6

4. Summary of John 3:3-6: Unless someone is “born again” i.e. chosen, anointed and sealed by God's holy spirit, he cannot rule in God's Kingdom so the verse 5 says at the point of their baptism, they will born of water and spirit i.e. fully immersed in water and chosen by God's holy spirit. 1Peter 2:9
Re: Who Are The Elect? by DappaD: 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
vybzkartel:

The “elect” or “chosen ones” were originally meant to come from the bloodline descendants of Jacob since Jesus was sent to only the house of Israel(Matthew 15:24)
But since Israel proved stubborn and rejected Jesus as the Messiah(Mark 6:4), God abandoned the literal nation of Israel and extended that invitation to the Gentiles i.e. men from the nations(Matthew 21:43)
That's why apostle Paul stressed the real meaning of the term “Israel of God”(Galatians 6:16), he said those who are part of this new nation of “Israel” are not actually the fleshly descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but rather those who have been chosen by God's holy spirit to become a new spiritual Israel so they are truly “Abraham's offspring” not by fleshly relationships but by reason of being God's spirit sons. Romans 9:6-8
Re: Who Are The Elect? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
reubenobi:
Which exam and who conducted the exam. I surmise you are a Jehovah Witness.

Nope!

AdamEve made us fall into this Exam of Choosing Who we are or who we shall be, whether good or evil.

And The Examiner who requires our Answer is taking notes of them All!
Re: Who Are The Elect? by alBHAGDADI: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The elect are not the Jews who are descendants of the patriarchs you listed up there. The Jews today are Christ-hating people. They reject Jesus Christ and hate him. So, they can't be the elect. Who are the elect?

Galatians 3:29 KJV
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

As seen above, those who are Abraham's seed are those who belong to Jesus Christ. The Jews today don't belong to him and therefore cannot be called the elect. Therefore, those who belong to Jesus Christ are Christians and they are the elect.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Elect? by Kobojunkiee: 1:15am On Dec 18, 2020
alBHAGDADI:
The elect are not the Jews who are descendants of the patriarchs you listed up there. The Jews today are Christ-hating people. They reject Jesus Christ and hate him. So, they can't be the elect. Who are the elect?
I am afraid it is not that simple. According to Jesus Christ, the Jews could not by themselves do anything unless God Himself sanctioned it.

John 10 vs 22-30 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22. It was winter, and the time came for the Festival of Dedication[b] at Jerusalem.
23. Jesus was in the Temple area at Solomon’s Porch.
24. The Jewish leaders gathered around him. They said, “How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Messiah, then tell us clearly.”
25. Jesus answered, “I told you already, but you did not believe. I do miracles in my Father’s name. These miracles show who I am.
26. But you do not believe, because you are not my sheep.
27. My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me.
28. I give my sheep eternal life. They will never die, and no one can take them out of my hand.
[b] 29.
My Father is the one who gave them to me, and he is greater than all.[c] No one can steal my sheep out of his hand.
30. The Father and I are one.”
In His own words, He admits to them that the reason they do not believe IN HIM is that they are not given to Him, Jesus Christ, by His Father.
However, We do know that God did give Him, Jesus Christ a few of the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, beginning with the disciples, and their numbers grew over time, at least we read of in the book of Acts. So, the claim that the jews are a Christ-hating people does not change the facts that the elect are indeed those descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob whom God has given over to Jesus Christ as part of His flock.
alBHAGDADI:
Galatians 3:29 KJV
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
As seen above, those who are Abraham's seed are those who belong to Jesus Christ. The Jews today don't belong to him and therefore cannot be called the elect. Therefore, those who belong to Jesus Christ are Christians and they are the elect.
I am afraid there is no corroborating information found either as part of the promise God in fact made to Abraham, or the Old Covenant, or even the New Covenant as revealed through Jesus Christ Himself that gentiles are made descendants of Abraham as claimed in that letter by Paul, so I continue to doubt the validity of this claim.
Re: Who Are The Elect? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid it is not that simple. According to Jesus Christ, the Jews could not by themselves do anything unless God Himself sanctioned it.

Then you Prove his Point, which is, they are not elected because they hate The Lord and neither can they elect themselves if they wanted to.

So saying this is Moot.

Kobojunkiee:

In His own words, He admits to them that the reason they do not believe IN HIM is that they are not given to Him, Jesus Christ, by His Father.

Pray The Lord for Understanding, House Isreal Already have An Eternal Contract with The Lord which is Also "An Election".

But they Lost It because of sins and Yet they Still have it because of The Contract.

The simple Understanding Is Isreal is Not going to Ever be divorced from The Lord but not All Isreal will be with The Lord, which is what alBHAGDADI is saying.

Kobojunkiee:

However, We do know that God did give Him, Jesus Christ a few of the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, beginning with the disciples, and their numbers grew over time, at least we read of in the book of Acts. So, the claim that the jews are a Christ-hating people does not change the facts that the elect are indeed those descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob whom God has given over to Jesus Christ as part of His flock.

You knew this yet you had to say "that they are not given to Him"?

Do you now see that therefore it was very unnecessary for you to say anything?

Kobojunkiee:

I am afraid there is no corroborating information found either as part of the promise God in fact made to Abraham, or the Old Covenant, or even the New Covenant as revealed through Jesus Christ Himself that gentiles are made descendants of Abraham as claimed in that letter by Paul, so I continue to doubt the validity of this claim.

Does your Bible not have Genesis 17?

Evidence 1
Particularly 12-14
"And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.(Does this not open the door to foreigners)

13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, (is this not another door to strangers?) must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

Evidence 2
Exodus 12 Particularly verse 48

"48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: (is this not another invitation to gentiles?) for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you. (Is this not an Omnibus Declaration that gentiles who keep The Law shall be welcomed and Allowed?

What you call New Testament and New Covenant is it not about gathering the "elects from among the gentiles?

I know you have seen all this before so how ii it possible that you say that there is No Evidence or Corroboration?

I do not remember Clearly but I think that I had once called you Antichrist! But I remember i, Truespeak and others Know that you are very capable of Extreme Lying in defiance of Solid Truths put in front of you.

(1) (Reply)

If You Were The Creator, What Would You Do To A Rebellious Creation? / Christ Was Jew, Christianity Was Invented Long After His Death – Ayo Sogunro / Moment A Dead Person Reportedly Refused To Be Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.