Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me (545 Views)

Should Old House Have Same Rent Fee As A New House? / How Do I Handle This Type Of Landlord? I Need Your Advice. / Our Tenant Hasn't Paid Rent Since 2018, What Can I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by slizzyb(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2020
Good morning nairalanders, I need help to tackle this matter. I joined nairaland 2012, check my records am not into shaddy deals.
Back to my story. This happened early this year. My sister living at lagos Orile to be precised called me oneday that there is house available that if am interested, that I should send money by that january i was still serving (NYSC) at east Enugu state. She said the house is still under construction but we read before june/july that i will be through with service. I wriggled out the sum of 250, 000 which is 130, 000 for year the agent and agreement fee 120, 000. The money was my savings. She late called me that the landlord asked her her she could pay for another one year to enable them use the money do the fittings like doors, windows and tilling. I told her I have no money on me. Before the first lockdown she told me she went to the house only to see another occupier in same room that has been assigned to her.

She contacted the agent man, the agent man claiming he knew nothing about the new development went with her to meet the landlord who said he will refund the money. My sister became devastated. She called me crying. It was then she opened up to tell me that she paid for two rooms so she will occupy one while I occupy one. The total money she paid was 760, 000 both agent and agreement for the two room and 2years rent. She was still thinking of action to take when she received a call to come to Orile police station that her name was mentioned as one of the persons the landlord swindled. She went there and was asked to write statement which she did.

She never took the case there for the first time, maybe other persons involved take it there or was the evil plan of the landlord and police to stop any other external action. I dont know what to do. By july I was done with NYSC without go ahead of where to go as the house i paid for is no where mine. The landlord and Orile police still being afraid of further action took the case to Ebute Metta court. When my sister received the invitation she refused going to court knowing their evil antics to forestall any other action but was confused by other tenants that they should just go and hear what ever will be said.

At court room she told them she want to withdraw her name from the case only for the lawyer the police was using to tell her that the only withdrawal is forfeting of the money.

Since then she has been calling the landlord who promised to pay her only for her to receive call that her presence is required at the court on tuesday this week. I told her not to go.

Am pleading on the learned Nairalanders, military, and good meaning nairalander to come to my aid.. I want the man to pay the money. From january to December is enough grace.

#SeunNl
#Lalasticala
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by falcon01: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2020
shey you cant physically find the landlord and the agent? if legal process no work ma brudah f*uck him up. I dont support violence but the way Nigeria don become f*ck any body wey f*ck you up!
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by slizzyb(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2020
falcon01:
shey you cant physically find the landlord and the agent? if legal process no work ma brudah f*uck him up. I dont support violence but the way Nigeria don become f*ck any body wey f*ck you up!

The agent is always available but the landlord became scarce been frequenting his shop but have not met him....
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by essay007(m): 9:47am On Dec 17, 2020
Why don't you people want to go to the court? I know this country is bad, but get your own lawyer and seek his counsel. He can work with the lawyer police appointed or take over your case.

How did you make the rent payments? Is there no evidence that you paid the landlord? Did he issue you receipt? Did you make bank deposit/transfer?( I hope this is the one you did)
Provide evidence to the court or to another police station that could help you.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by slizzyb(m): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2020
essay007:
Why don't you people want to go to the court? I know this country is bad, but get your own lawyer and seek his counsel. He can work with the lawyer police appointed or take over your case.

How did you make the rent payments? Is there no evidence that you paid the landlord? Did he issue you receipt? Did you make bank deposit/transfer?( I hope this is the one you did)
Provide evidence to the court or to another police station that could help you.

Good luck!

The evidences are there. Why we dont want to go to the court is cus we never innitiated the process from reporting to police to court. As it is now, it seems it is the man that is prosecuting us.. How is that possible? U commit a crime then take the case to court.. I need good counsel on how and best way to handle this. The man is working around freely while am here squatting with someone....

This is painful intimidation
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by slizzyb(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Pls guys help me tag the necessary persons to help this reach enough audience... Guys help me both military or legal advice and helps is needed.
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by essay007(m): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
slizzyb:

The evidences are there. Why we dont want to go to the court is cus we never innitiated the process from reporting to police to court. As it is now, it seems it is the man that is prosecuting us.. How is that possible? U commit a crime then take the case to court.. I need good counsel on how and best way to handle this. The man is working around freely while am here squatting with someone....

This is painful intimidation
There is nothing to fear is u know you're not guilty and nothing to hide. As I said, seek the advice of a lawyer and perhaps go to another police station with evidence to arrest him.
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by slizzyb(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Will going to another police station not complicate things. What I need is that our name be removed from the general case so we can innitiate our own arrest and take him to court. This one is for all the people scamme.
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by Mumben(f): 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chai, what do people gain in scamming people of their hard earned money? I pray you receive the justice you deserve
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by Asquare84(m): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
Go to court to seek redress in court you said you don't want to go to court but want to use unconventional way such as the army to retrieve your money, I think you are not a serious person
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by slizzyb(m): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Asquare84:
Go to court to seek redress in court you said you don't want to go to court but want to use unconventional way such as the army to retrieve your money, I think you are not a serious person

U dont understand this.. I want to be the one to initiate the process so i can fasten the process but they have already taken the case to court which they can manipulate to series of adjournment.
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by Passionate1(m): 1:14am On Dec 18, 2020
Send me your whatsapp number . .
Re: Pls Help Me, Landlord I Paid Rent Fee Want To Scam Me by slizzyb(m): 6:12am On Dec 18, 2020
Passionate1:
Send me your whatsapp number . .

Let me pm u. Unknown numbers are calling me and if I pick will say nothing

(1) (Reply)

LG Full HD TV For Sale / Newly Built Five Bedrooms In Lekki County / Solar Is An Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.