Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs (568 Views)

Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions / Lagos Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Churches, Mosques & Event Centres / Lagos Clarifies Position On Re-opening Of Event Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Omooba77: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Kaduna state Government has ordered the closure of all even centres, night clubs and gymnasiums across the state as part of efforts to curtail the spread of the second wave of Covid-19 in the state.

The state government also stressed that all restaurants have now been restricted to takeaway services while transport operators are to reduce their capacity of passengers by 50 percent and must ensure that all passengers wear facemasks and observe physical distancing.

COVID-19: Nigeria records 930 new cases
Nigeria expects COVID-19 vaccines by January – Minister
The directive which was issued by Governor Nasir El-Rufai during a live media chat with selected radio stations in Kaduna followed the presentation of Kaduna state Commissioner of Health, Dr. Amina Baloni who stated that the state was recording more than 100 infections daily adding that at such a rate, all our isolation facilities and hospitals could easily be overrun.

“We are seeing rates of infection that are up to 30 percent across the state, although they are more in the northern and central parts of the state. The new infections cut across all age groups but the working age population is most affected,” Baloni had said.

El-Rufai however assured the people of the state that the government’s immediate instinct was not to impose a lockdown of the state but warned that the state government was prepared to do what is necessary to save lives.

Also speaking at the media chat, the Deputy Governor of the state, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe had said: “While pursuing livelihoods, going to work, dropping our children in school, travelling, shopping or engaging in congregational worship, there are many opportunities for the virus to spread. We all need to take the necessary precautions.”

https://dailytrust.com/kaduna-orders-closure-of-event-centres-night-clubs
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
I seriously doubt the existence of another wave of covid -19 in Nigeria.
To me, this is just another dumb scheme for the gorvernment to make more money than the one made before.

Covid -19 is real yet I haven't seen a single person affected by it in my area.

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
Sai mama
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Cyberterror: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
What of churches and mosques, abi covid 19 spread only at night?

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by budaatum: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Aileexa1:
To me, this is just another dumb scheme for the gorvernment to make more money than the one made before.

You remind me of a certain trump who said "nothing to see here", and is now soon to be jobless because he refused to see the 400k who died and only believed Covid19 existed when he got rushed to hospital.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Omooba77: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
Aileexa1:

Just away to prevent Christmas jollification and mass gathering against their unpopular policies.....

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by budaatum: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
Omooba77:

Just away to prevent Christmas jollification and mass gathering against their unpopular policies.....
UK, a majority Christian country, is in tier 3 restrictions. "To prevent Christmas jollification and mass gathering against their unpopular policies" too?

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
I think covid second wave is originally made for naija
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Charleys: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
budaatum:

You remind me of a certain trump who said "nothing to see here", and is now soon to be jobless because he refused to see the 400k who died and only believed Covid19 existed when he got rushed to hospital.

Have you heard of the common flu?
It kills about 400k to 650k people a year.

In the same season as Covid 19.
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Exc2000: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
Second wave is picking momentum
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by budaatum: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Charleys:

Have you heard of the common flu?
It kills about 400k to 650k people a year.

In the same season as Covid 19.
Have you checked the death figures. The deaths for covid19 are on top of the common flu deaths.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4500

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending27november2020

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-54976362

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by osamz007: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
budaatum:

How's trump jobless

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by slivertongue: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
But xmas service must hold
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by budaatum: 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
osamz007:

How's trump jobless
Did you not hear he's been fired?
His last day in the job is 20 January 2021.
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by Omooba77: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
budaatum:

UK, a majority Christian country, is in tier 3 restrictions. "To prevent Christmas jollification and mass gathering against their unpopular policies" too?

Is the UK lockdown same as our own way? Did you see when the Emir of Zauzzau in Zaria was turbaned or the Salah celebration?
Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by budaatum: 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
Omooba77:

Is the UK lockdown same as our own way? Did you see when the Emir of Zauzzau in Zaria was turbaned or the Salah celebration?
Sounds like the same to me. People break lockdown rules in UK too.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/17/priti-patel-dont-travel-to-see-people-this-christmas-covid

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/28/dominic-cummings-potentially-broke-lockdown-rules-say-durham-police

Re: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs by selemo: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
The whites are tired of blacks

(1) (Reply)

Happy 78th Birthday To The Father Of The Nation, President Muhammadu Buhari. / Boko Haram Kidnaps 35 Passengers On Damaturu-Maiduguri Road / Gov Yahaya Bello Congratulates New President-general Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.