Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,433 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina (1312 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Le124(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, says contrary to widespread belief, the President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), is not a stingy man.

Adesina said Buhari on one occasion handed him an envelope filled with foreign currency and also sponsored his family on a trip to the South-East when he was given a title.

The President’s spokesman said this in a birthday tribute in honour of his principal titled, ‘Buhari at 78: If Only We Knew the President’, on Thursday.

He wrote, “And in January 2017, I was to receive the traditional title of Nwanne di Namba of Mmaku Kingdom, in Enugu State. Courtesy demanded I tell the President. This man, who prides himself as ‘very stingy’ gave me a handsome amount of money to ferry my friends and family to the ceremony. How much? I won’t tell you, lest you ask for a belated share.

“And in May 2018, I was billed for China for a 12-day course for senior government officials from Africa. He said when the journey was two days away, I should come to see him. I did. You know what he said? ‘Adesina, I know that you don’t have money. But you are too shy to ask.’ We both laughed, and he gave me an envelope which contained foreign currency. How much? You think I’ll tell you? For where?”

Adesina dismissed reports that one Jubril from Sudan was impersonating Buhari while the real President was dead.

He said Buhari’s memory was still very good as he remembered several events that occurred during the Nigerian civil war in the 1960s.

The President’s spokesman said his principal believed in rewarding good deeds hence his decision to reward the late Justice Sylvester Nsofor and Justice George Oguntade with ambassadorial appointments.

“Ask me for a loyal man, who never forgets a good turn, and I’ll show you Muhammadu Buhari. Among the last class of Ambassadors, he had personally picked Justice George Oguntade, who was sent to United Kingdom, and Justice Sylvester Nsofor, who he deployed to America. The latter died only last week, aged 85.

“How did the two men gain the favour, loyalty and respect of the President? In his many legal battles after disputed election results in 2003, and 2007, they had given dissenting judgements at both the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court, nullifying the election results, saying Candidate Buhari had been cheated. The man never forgot, and sought them out in due time. The same also happened to some of us working with him today”, Adesina said.

https://punchng.com/buhari-not-stingy-gave-me-envelope-with-foreign-currency-adesina/

Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Ezeama400: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mumu man

Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Taich(m): 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
They seems no end to this man's foolishness.
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Michaeltreasure(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
B
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Oyiboman69: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mad people
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by donbachi(m): 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
Then,dat must be the new buhari.
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by OlujobaSamuel: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
The exact reason why you are both incompetent, useless, good for nothing, birds of a feather, senile fellows.
Why should a president give out a foreign currency as gift when we have FX shortage as a nation which is affecting the economy, the worse part is that it is now being celebrated.

Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Exc2000: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2020

Ruben Abati, Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu has showed how money can change a journalist to a praise singer

After Money Na power

Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by BafanaBafana: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
I don't know which one is more surprising to me now, that Buhari has foreign currencies under his bed,
Or that Adesina "doesn't have money"
Or that senior government officials are going for training courses in China!

Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Ekpeitut: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Yea because your legendary a*ss licking skills is second to none.
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
Stolen money
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by slivertongue: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Adesina is busy making himself a laughing stock with his useless articles. If GMB gave him foreign currency, how does that help Nigerians?
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by laiperi: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
See, make una see Nigerians o!

Out of personal ambition, this man has forgotten suffering of the masses for the adulation of one man.

A man that jailed people for foreign money gave you envelope with foreign cash?

No wonder the richest country in African went from grace to grass after it has been deluged with oil income.
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by LibertyRep: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
No wonder
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Racoon(m): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Adesina....said Buhari’s memory was still very good as he remembered several events that occurred during the Nigerian civil war in the 1960s.
Same man that mispronunced the full name of his political party? Same man that called a senatorial aspirant the "presidential candidate" of his party? Same Buhari that is always unaware or shocked about developments around him?

This is an obvious fact right from the beginning but people like Femi Adeshina must defend every shit.Any wonder he said ..“It would be better for those that were oppose to cattle ranching to provide lands than to die in the herdsmen’s attacks. What would the land be used for if those who own it are dead at the end of the day?”
http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/23/deacon-femi-adesina-shameless-sanballat-bayo-oluwasanmi

E no go better for all who have a hand in enthroning this catastrophe on this nation
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Fahdiga(m): 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
Is this the reason why you told us to surrender our lands or we die
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Asslicker of the highest order
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by jlinkd78(m): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Adesina becoming very silly these days
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Freestainworld(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
This adulterated human being again.
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by BennyDGreat: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
I laugh oh
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by tobechi74: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
In an effort to praise our master, we shoot ourselves in our leg
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by PlsBanMe: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
This fuul!

You said yourself that you have been collecting money from this man. He even gave you a post. And you are saying publicly that he is a good man.

He won't be a bad man na. You don't want the money to stop flowing. Do you?

Happy birthday to the worst president ever. May Nigeria never make the same mistake ever again!
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Biafrawemove: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
How much was given to bmc
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
He gave you foreign currencies? This goes to show how valuable our Naira is to the presidency. Imagine reports on the pages of New York Times, that POTUS gave a state official an envelope containing Naira. Now you dig my pain and the foolishness of Adesina (A man I once loved as a columnist)?
Re: Buhari Not Stingy, Gave Me Envelope With Foreign Currency -adesina by mightyhazel: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
This guy sounds alot like one vulture guy on this forum

Might be him afterall.. same trash talking

See What The West Is Trying To Paint As A Failed State With No Functioning Gov / “massive Protest Indeed”- Gov El-rufai Tells Reno Omokri / Anyone Use Afonja Should Be Banned