Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,046 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? (968 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Rapid Response Squad Dog: What Breed Of Dog Is This? / What Breed Of Dog Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
A family member gave it to us, Is it worth it or we should return it.
I hope it is not an ekuke? It doesn't bark even when it sees a stranger
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by ThreeEyedRaven: 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Snap the side view lets see before I conclude it's a diluted breed German Shepherd
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Snap the side view lets see before I conclude it's a diluted breed German Shepherd

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by ThreeEyedRaven: 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
That's a Basenji dog breed aka ekuke aka Nkita aka local dog smiley but he's cute

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Pierced(f): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
It's a local dog.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Do you know why it doesn't bark? Even when it sees a stranger. It is just too playful with everyone...it's the reason we might return it
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Dididrumz(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
That's a cross between a local dog and probably a German Shepherd but the local dog blood strong pass

4 Likes

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Freestainworld(m): 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ademidd:
Do you know why it doesn't bark? Even when it sees a stranger. It is just too playful with everyone...it's the reason we might return it
It doesn't bark probably because of the training he got from the formal owner, but treat the dog fine, find time to play with it and also walk him around from time to time.

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by ThreeEyedRaven: 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ademidd:
It's still a puppy. To make it bark at strangers you have to keep it indoors most times so it doesn't become too familiar with people. But generally Basenji are not aggressive dogs. Get a Rotweiller, or a Boerboel or a Caucasian dog if you want an aggressive and protective dogs
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

It's still a puppy. To make it bark at strangers you have to keep it indoors most times so it doesn't become too familiar with people. But generally Basenji are not aggressive dogs. Get a Rotweiller, or a Boerboel or a Caucasian dog if you want an aggressive and protective dogs
thanks bro, like how much can one sell the basenji, it's 4 months old...I want to have an idea of the price
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by balladin: 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dididrumz:
That's a cross between a local dog and probably a German Shepherd but the local dog blood strong pass
Cross breed of 100% local dog with 25% gsd.

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Dididrumz(m): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
balladin:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ademidd:
thanks bro, like how much can one sell the basenji, it's 4 months old...I want to have an idea of the price
I really dunno but maybe the dog pepper soup people might give you up to 15k for it. But it breaks my heart seeing a dig being maltreated talk more killing it for pepper soup (may it choke them)
If that's actually four months then I think it's a mixed breed and I think you should keep it but if you don't have the time and money for vet then sell it
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

I really dunno but maybe the dog pepper soup people might give you up to 15k for it. But it breaks my heart seeing a dig being maltreated talk more killing it for pepper soup (may it choke them)
If that's actually four months then I think it's a mixed breed and I think you should keep it but if you don't have the time and money for vet then sell it
hearing that it is an ekuke broke my heart. Not that we can't afford to take care of her, I just don't want a local breed and I'm not happy with the fact that it doesn't bark at people even strangers. It is just too playful and yes it is 4months old. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ademidd:
hearing that it is an ekuke broke my heart. Not that we can't afford to take care of her, I just don't want a local breed and I'm not happy with the fact that it doesn't bark at people even strangers. It is just too playful and yes it is 4months old. Thanks
At four months then must be a mixed breed German Shepherd. Ekuke can't be this big at four months.. wait till it gets to at least 8months or a year at least you'd see the visible growth and you'd the be able to know if it's ekuke or not
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 1:08am On Dec 18, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

At four months then must be a mixed breed German Shepherd. Ekuke can't be this big at four months.. wait till it gets to at least 8months or a year at least you'd see the visible growth and you'd the be able to know if it's ekuke or not
Thanks for your time bro

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 1:14am On Dec 18, 2020
Freestainworld:
It doesn't bark probably because of the training he got from the formal owner, but treat the dog fine, find time to play with it and also walk him around from time to time.
will doing these things make it start barking?
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Ademidd: 1:17am On Dec 18, 2020
Dididrumz:
do you know why it doesn't bark at strangers? Even those who don't live in my compound knows our new dog doesn't bark and it is too playful. It is just heartbreaking
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by flyingdutchman(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2020
balladin:

Wrong! Crossbreed of 100% local dog with 2% Gsd
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by Freestainworld(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2020
Ademidd:
will doing these things make it start barking?
Just try your best, but also know that some dogs are naturally friendly.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This Pls? by verminnel(f): 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2020
Full blooded ekuke

(1) (Reply)

Not A Dog!, Not A Cat!!....... Groom Your Own Pet Chicken!!!(fowl) / Female Boerboel For Sale / Rex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.