Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,302 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs (6563 Views)

Floating Naira Is A Political Decision Not Economic One / Were #EndSARS Protesters Not Killed At Lekki Tollgate As MC Oluomo Claimed? / #EndSARS Protesters Not Recognised By Law - LASG’s Counsel Tells Judicial Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by DamnnNiggarr: 2:54am On Dec 18, 2020
Femi Falana: #EndSARS protesters not economic saboteurs

Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana (SAN), said on Thursday that #EndSARS protesters were not economic saboteurs as suggested by the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice John Tsoho, on Tuesday.

Justice Tsoho had at the ceremony marking the commencement of the 2020/2021 legal year of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday, tried to justify the order issued by another judge of the court, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, freezing the accounts of 20 #EndSARS promoters.

He said three months the protests, the Central Bank of Nigeria kept filing applications in their hundreds to tackle deliberate attempts to ruin the economy through money laundering.

He added, “So if it was the #EndSARS people that were involved in the activities under cover then it is unfortunate for people to begin to call and vilify the court making damaging allegations against the court.”

Asked to respond to the Chief Judge’s attempt to link the protest promoters to economic sabotage, Falana said on Thursday that the protest promoters were not economic saboteurs but patriotic citizens.

Falana, who is a lawyer to the #EndSARS protesters whose accounts were frozen by the apex bank, recalled that the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, held a virtual meeting with the promoters in the wake of the peaceful protests.

He said Emefiele resorted to obtaining ex parte order to freeze the accounts of the protest promoters after failing to convince them to call off the protest.

He said, “Since the application of the 20 #EndSARS promoters seeking to quash the ex parte order freezing their bank accounts is pending before the Federal High Court presided over by the Honourable Justice R.A. Mohammed, I have persuaded our clients to refrain from joining issues with the Honourable Chief Judge over the controversial ex cathedra statement.

“However, it is pertinent to state that the 20 #EndSARS were not sued as corporate bodies but as individuals whose names and bank accounts are listed in all the processes filed in the court by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“I wish to say, without any fear of contradiction that the #EndSARS protesters are not economic saboteurs but patriotic citizens who protested against incessant police brutality.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the case was filed on October 20, 2020, while the order ex parte was issued on November 4, 2020, after the #EndSARS protests.”
https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/femi-falana-endsars-protesters-economic-saboteurs-333766/amp?__twitter_impression=true

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Exc2000: 3:07am On Dec 18, 2020
cool

I beg to disagree with all due respect to respected Legal luminary Femi Falana SAN

As much as ENDSARS started with patriotic motive , it snowballed into a terrible Economic disaster

Agricultural produce could not get to markets due to blocked highways, schools got closed with NECO postponed, burnt Police Station triggered insecurity which led to looting of people's business

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by SoBright101: 3:27am On Dec 18, 2020
Blame those who sponsored hoodlums to hijack the peaceful protest. Have you seen any government official or any law enforcement agent talk about the geep that dropped paid hoodlums at the venue of protests?

Exc2000:
cool

I beg to disagree with all due respect to respected Legal luminary Femi Falana SAN

Has much as ENDSARS started with patriotic motive , it snowballed into a terrible Economic disaster

Agricultural produce could not get to markets due to blocked highways, schools got closed with NECO postponed, burnt Police Station triggered insecurity which led to looting of people's business

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Exc2000: 3:33am On Dec 18, 2020
SoBright101:
Blame those who sponsored hoodlums to hijack the peaceful protest. Have you seen any government official or any law enforcement agent talk about the geep that dropped paid hoodlums at the venue of protests?

Paid hoodlums are also youths

The black SUV was linked to a Senator not Nigerian Government

If Hoodlums who are youth attacked protesters, should the EndSARs youth react by burning innocent people's property, burning and looting people's shop

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by ipobarethieves: 3:46am On Dec 18, 2020
sad Dey still want to lockdown sad. BURATAI is playing with his pythons while herdsmen are burning House in Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Has much as ENDSARS started with patriotic motive , it snowballed into a terrible Economic disaster

Economic sabotage was the closing of border. Thats what capsized the economy, not Endsars

27 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:17am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:

If Hoodlums who are youth attacked protesters, should the EndSARs youth react by burning innocent people's property, burning and looting people's shop

Do you have picture of Endsars protesters looting shops?

12 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Exc2000: 4:28am On Dec 18, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Economic sabotage was the closing of border. Thats what capsized the economy, not Endsars

Depending on your general knowledge of what Economic sabotage is

To you it's only land border closure

To me and the federal high court chief judge EndSars rioters turned looters did a major Economic sabotage accross Nigeria

Lekki Lagos, Oyigbo Rivers are places with visible signs of loss

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by slawormiir: 5:03am On Dec 18, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Exc2000:
cool

I perused and read between lines through your comments while blazing my weed and putting on my intellectual cap
But I must say I dey shame for you
Exc2000:

No go run your game for Ali with your RDP or RAT

They form intellectual cap as if we don't know why we are both awake at this time
Ogbeni you dey the game....huzzle nor go kill you
The reason why I dey awake now na because of one idiot from wechat way want do me small thing...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Centcanada: 5:04am On Dec 18, 2020
Tell them.
Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by LookInTheMirror: 5:05am On Dec 18, 2020
Exactly they are not

It's just that Nigeria is an upside down confused country otherwise they should be heroes

4 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by macolino(m): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2020
I have lost hope in this present Government, No good results in all policies... Country is damn dead mehn

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by iamvictorbassey: 5:06am On Dec 18, 2020
Can we not contribute money, buy tools, share amongst ourselves, and one day end everybody who has in one way or the other tried to Bleep with us(our generation)?

Present and past politicians, chief justices and the rest, government officials etc.

We can do it. If I die in the process I'll be glad. I swear.

This is a suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Dogmatically: 5:06am On Dec 18, 2020
LookInTheMirror:
Exactly they are not

It's just that Nigeria is an upside down confused country otherwise they should be heroes

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 18, 2020
Learner SAN but they blocked road to force office to close, for people trader not to go market, people not to go their normal business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Freshduk: 5:14am On Dec 18, 2020
LookInTheMirror:
Exactly they are not

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Exc2000: 5:16am On Dec 18, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

I perused and read between lines through your comments while blazing my weed and putting on my intellectual cap
But I must say I dey shame for you

No go run your game for Ali with your RDP or RAT

They form intellectual cap as if we don't know why we are both awake at this time

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:16am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Only those who are sympathetic to the government talk the way you do. If you feel oppressed for so long and victim of injustice a massive protest will be everything to let their message get to the government. There is no better way of protests than that. These are not meant to happen in saner climes because emergency services were blocked. But to control protesters where only one route leads to site will be very impossible

5 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Ogbodavies(m): 5:17am On Dec 18, 2020
U dey house:hunger kill u U come out:sars,kidnap pers n bandits go kill u U protest:dem go jail u or freeze ur account. U talk:u pay fine 4 hate speech
Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Exc2000: 5:19am On Dec 18, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

Only those who are sympathetic to the government talk the way you do. If you feel oppressed for so long and victim of injustice a massive protest will do everything to let their message get to the government. There is no better way of protests than that. These are not meant to happen in saner climes

Okay I support you, since looting private people's property is protest

Where is your address let me come and protest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:25am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:

Okay I support you, since looting private people's property is protest

Where is your address let me come and protest
The loot were not done by the protesters. It's like saying celebrities, Lawyers and NGO's and victims of police brutality were the ones that loot private properties to enable their voices to be heard. That's wrong
We all know the protest was hijacked. The main purpose of the protests was not meant to be violent and was spearheaded by responsible people. Government, security operatives and authorities that ought to monitor the protests were the ones sending hoodlums to frustrate the protests and I can't clap for them for doing that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by SoBright101: 5:26am On Dec 18, 2020
Let assume senate is not part of government "lol", am very sure you know the real endsars protesters were well organized and coordinated, the reason hoodlums were paid to hijack the protest. There is evidence the protest was peaceful before it was hijacked, so it's glaring same hoodlums went on rampage to give the protest bad name.

Exc2000:

5 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by yellowman2225(m): 5:29am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

You forgot to mention that Civillians were killed by our supposed protector.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by XXXXTENTACION: 5:30am On Dec 18, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
The loot were not done by the protesters. It's like saying celebrities and NGO's and victims of police brutality were the ones that loot private properties to enable their vices to be heard. That's wrong
We all know they protests was hijacked. The main purpose of the protests was not meant to be violent and was spearheaded by responsible people. Government, security operatives and authorities that ought to monitor the protests were the ones sending hoodlums to frustrate the protests and I can't clap for them for doing that
that Guy must be a zombie don't suffer yourself to explain things to him his head is blocked and he can't reason properly. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Ologbojo2023: 5:30am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

At times l feel ashamed that l share same country with people like you, it was clearing obvious the protest was peaceful before the politicians highjacked the protest by involving thugs while military finally set the country on fire through their involvement. You're here speaking trash. No be your fault now

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Ceenelly(m): 5:31am On Dec 18, 2020
OK
That one dey

Endsars protesters are Femi Falana client saying such is normal if he were to be contracted by the government he would have said otherwise. We should learn that lawyers are professionally train to defend their client in order to win cases, so they normally speak from where they are standing and who is paying them
Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Houseofglam7(f): 5:33am On Dec 18, 2020
cool
Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by yellowman2225(m): 5:34am On Dec 18, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Do you have picture of Endsars protesters looting shops?

is your Senator who owns the jeep supposed to go scot free?

Nigeria is upside down

You jail / kill peaceful protesters
you pay ransom to bandits
give amnesty to terrorist
PAY millions to certificate less politicians
yet owed professors in universities

Imagine the current slap where APC the self agreed one APC Governor in NORTH WEST is sponsoring banditry. Shame no set catch these liar Mohemid trainees

3 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by Ologbojo2023: 5:39am On Dec 18, 2020
supportnija:
Learner SAN but they blocked road to force office to close, for people trader not to go market, people not to go their normal business.
have you ever heard or see any peaceful protest organised both in africa or western countries that traffic will not surface. Talk something else

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by 4four(m): 5:40am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

go blame ur govt that sponsor hoodlums that latter turn the protest upside down and also Nigeria army's who started killing innocent peaceful protesters

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: EndSARS Protesters Not Economic Saboteurs by yellowman2225(m): 5:44am On Dec 18, 2020
Exc2000:

is your Senator who owns the jeep supposed to go scot free?
Nigeria is upside down
You jail / kill peaceful protesters
you pay ransom to bandits
give amnesty to terrorist
PAY millions to certificate less politicians
yet owed professors in universities
Imagine the current slap where APC the self agreed one APC Governor in NORTH WEST is sponsoring banditry. Shame no set catch these liar Mohemid trainees

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Epie-Atissa People of Bayelsa State. / Former Reps Member Ben Nwankwo Picks APGA Nomination Form For Anambra South / Taraba Speaker Gbana Reportedly Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.