Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Cricket Player Quits International Call Up Over Poor Management Treatment. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cricket Player Quits International Call Up Over Poor Management Treatment. (155 Views)

Cameroon Goalkeeper, Onana Quits International Football At 26 / Eden Hazard Quits International Football At 31 (photos) / Nigerian Players, Coaches Battle Rohr Over ‘Poor Decisions' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cricket Player Quits International Call Up Over Poor Management Treatment. by Muslimsworldng: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2020
A Pakistani International cricket player has announced that despite different appeal to his management over poor treatment, he has concluded the decision to retire from international cricket professionally.

Amir who publicized this information on Thursday was born on April 13th 1992; he played as a left hander fast bowler. He made his first international debut during the 2009 ICC World Twenty20 where he made his country proud and participated in every single game for his national side.

Amir who was previously arrested for involving in spot-fixing a crime which he pleaded guilty to.

He was handed a five years ban by the International Cricket Council and asked his supporters to forgive him.

Cricket observer felt the court was too lenient with Amir who spent three month in jail after confessing to his misconduct unlike his conspirators Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif who are to observe 7 and 10 years suspensions which literarily ends their career.

During the 2016 New Zealand Tour, Amir join the Pakistan team after given permission for domestic cricket, he also signed for Chittagong Vikings as BPLT20 in 2015.

Amir confirms that on series on occasion, his management has maltreated him which has cause a lot of emotional trauma.

The 28 years old expressed as a result of this, it would be in his best interest to retire from international cricket so as to avoid further shabby treatment.

Last month during the New Zealand series, Amir was exempted from his country 35 man list and have also not involve in any sport act for his home series which has raised concerns.

"I don't want to play international cricket any more, I was always available for white ball cricket but i have had shabby treatment from the team management who have mentally tortured me and that's unacceptable." he told journalist during his press conference.

Wasim Khan the Executive Chief of Pakistan Cricket Board expressed he stand with Amir if this is his final decision, he reiterate Amir decisions are personal and personal decisions have to be respected.

There are speculations that the reason why head coach Misbah-ul-Haq and bowling coach Waqar Younis decided to ditch the star is because of his lack of commitment to the team after continuing playing for league cricket with showing up for Test cricket July last year.
https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=a4512621342670200867661c34495125&news_entry_id=s2055b09c201218en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=aaeed7226cc7d440f8caefa0c0cb93684ea15900&from=publisher

(1) (Reply)

Son, Sissoko Send Spurs Into League Cup Final / I’m So Passionate For Super Eagles, Says Nigeria Star, Ogu / Divock Origi Could Leave Liverpool This Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.