Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

2023: Don't Bother Contesting Under APC- Gov Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Don't Bother Contesting Under APC- Gov Makinde (496 Views)

2023: Don't Vote For Anybody Who Tells You It Will Be Easy - Sanusi (Video) / 2023: Don't Distract My Attention, Vote Any Candidate Of Your Choice - Adeboye / *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Don't Bother Contesting Under APC- Gov Makinde by nairapark: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2020
Gov. Seyi Makinde has advised individuals colliding to become the next president under the platform of the All Progressives Congress in 2023 to cup their presidential ambitions.

According to the Oyo State Governor, the ruling party has been rejected by God and the Nigerian citizens.

Earlier on Tuesday, Makinde had said the demand of Nigerians was not a president from the South West region but adequate security and restructuring of the country as it would solve some of the problems facing the nation.

Makinde, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Taiwo Adisa on Thursday, noted that those campaigning on the platform of the APC would achieve nothing but be disappointed in 2023.

He stated this after the meeting of the Zonal Working Committee of the party held at the Government House, Ibadan.

The PDP governor noted that a leader of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South-West had been pinned down to be the one causing problems within the party in the region.

He also stated that the leader causing the problem had a case with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Makinde, however, advised the leader to remain in the party and do the right thing, adding that if he defects to the ruling All Progressives Congress, he might end up in jail like former Governor Joshua Dariye; former Governor Jolly Nyame, and Senator Orji Kalu, who was sent to jail and freed after a while.

Makinde said, “They told me that one of our leaders has been the major individual causing trouble in the South-West (PDP) and we deliberated to ask why that is so, and we said maybe because of the EFCC case or something like that.

“I said that shouldn’t be, because it is better to stay with your own party. Even if you have the EFCC case, the people that went and joined them [ruling party]; there is Joshua Dariye from Plateau and Reverend Jolly Nyame from Taraba, they ended up in jail. Even Governor Orji Uzor Kalu, it was only God that brought him out.

“So, that leader should forget about the EFCC case and do what is right for the party. Because I will just say it, for 2023, even God has rejected APC; the people of Nigeria have rejected them. They can be jumping around saying this one or that one wants to be president in 2023, if we (PDP) get in, there will be double jeopardy for him because he will have to run back from APC to PDP.”

The governor, reacting to the suspension of the Chairman of the PDP in South-West described the act as illegal, arguing that the party members lacked such power.

He added that the members that allegedly removed Dayo Ogungbenro as the zonal chairman did not have the required number to do so.

Makinde also disclosed that the reconciliation committee headed by former governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola, would continue with their assignment to re-unite the party in the South-West.

He said, “They don’t have the power to suspend the chairman. Even if you go constitutional, you know, five out of 12 is more than 45 per cent. So, let’s even say they want to follow the constitution; you will need at least two-thirds by the constitution of the party. And two-third of 12 is eight.

“So, they don’t have that power and I am speaking now as the only governor of PDP in the South-West, the national leadership will respect my position on such matters.”

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1608277644/2023-don-bother-contesting-under-apc-gov

Re: 2023: Don't Bother Contesting Under APC- Gov Makinde by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2020
"e be tins ooo
mr. spokesman of god and nigeria abeg go sitdon

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Bother Contesting Under APC- Gov Makinde by limeta(f): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2020
Tell them
Re: 2023: Don't Bother Contesting Under APC- Gov Makinde by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2020
This man is more refined than aversge Nigerian politician.
Re: 2023: Don't Bother Contesting Under APC- Gov Makinde by Fahdiga(m): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
This is undiluted truth. contest under APC and be politically buried

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: ASUU Calls Off Nine-month-old Strike / FG Adopting Wrong Strategies To Address Bad Economy – Obasanjo, Utomi, Others / NERC Never Consulted Me Before New Electricity Tariff- Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.