Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj (660 Views)

Now That Yorubas Have Been Abandoned, What Next? / Nigerian Students In Canada Have Been Abandoned By The Government. / Jonathan's God-father, E.K Clark, Has Been Abandoned In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by efisher(m): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2011
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said the Peoples Democratic Party has not discarded its controversial zoning policy.
Mr Obasanjo, who spoke at the grand finale of the PDP presidential campaign rally at Eagles Square, Abuja, vowed that as an apostle of principle of zoning Of elective and appointive positions, he would not dump it at this point in the nation's history.

"We are the only party that enshrined federal character in our constitution through zoning and rotation and we should be proud of that. For us and for the foreseeable future, it remains so far," he said. "I am an apostle of federal character under Murtala/Obasanjo administration and I cannot now preach anything different.
"I, on behalf of the BoT, allayed the fears and I promised a public report and to brief the party members about it. What I am saying simply is that federal character, zoning and rotation in our party is alive and kicking."
Describing Mr Jonathan's offer to serve for only one term as a sacrifice, Mr Obasanjo argued that rather than vilify him, he should be encouraged. He said that he does not know who will succeed the president but that he could ‘reasonably' guess where the person will come from.
"I don't know who will be president of Nigeria after Dr Goodluck Jonathan, that is in the hand of God. But with the PDP policy, I can reasonably guess from where, in terms of the section of the constitution, the successor of President Jonathan will come. And no internal democracy or complication will be there to destroy it," he stated.

Full story here:http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5685710-146/zoning_is_alive_and_kicking_in.csp
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by Barkono: 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^^
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by egift(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2011
PDP and their hypocrisy. Speaking from all angles of their mouth, at the same time.

Nigerians vote Buhari and lets dislodge this corruption grin grin grin
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by Wadeoye(m): 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2011
OBJ is a fool, This is the same man that was saying no zoning a few months ago.

We have all agreed that there is no zoning again in Nigeria - a south southerner started this. I am waiting to see how a South Southerner Or any of our South eastern brother will rule this country again. Nigeria can't progress if our leaders continue to wallow in deceipt and falsehood.
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by Adelaide2: 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^^
Fool! And how will a south westerner rule except by zoning? How did Obj rule?
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by HamidO1(m): 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2011
These guys are jokers, already planning 2015. Someone help me tell them it's Fashola in 2015, these bl¤¤dy id¤its are in for a shocker. I hate everything about PDP,
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2011
The next? SOUTHEAST /MIDDLE BELT!
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2011
But . . . . Zoning was never ruled out in the first place -- Jonathan was only able to use Ogboju to get past it is all. I mean at no time did Jonathan fight to remove it from the PDP constitution. He only refused to adhere to the agreement since he wanted to be able to run for office. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Zoning Has Not Been Abandoned Yet - Obj by egift(m): 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But . . . . Zoning was never ruled out in the first place -- Jonathan was only able to use Ogboju to get past it is all. I mean at no time did Jonathan fight to remove it from the PDP constitution. He only refused to adhere to the agreement since he wanted to be able to run for office. undecided undecided undecided undecided

And some will still want us to vote Jonathan - A fisherman that cannot keep a simple agreement he signed.

Nigerians lets vote Buhari and save ourselves this shame.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Score Card / Gej To Buhari: Come Clean On Lagos Metro Line Project / Those Who May Succeed Bankole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.