Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself (445 Views)

What Is A Function In Javascript / How Can I Only Select One Component To Use A Function On It (react) with picture / Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by Tribers: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
can one person build a full functioning all by himself without the help of other developers? and cab you guess how many month it will take to build it
Re: Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by etrange: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2020
Apart from a few individual peculiarities, the database structure of social network and social networking apps are fairly the same. Asides from the fact that these table relations are already well known by most developers out there, they can easily be gotten online as well. So yes, one person with a fairly good knowledge of both backend and front end (web or mobile) development should be able to do a personal SN app. However, you'd probably need a hand if your skills aren't as encompassing as I described. Again, notice I used the word "personal". That's because I don't subscribe to the idea of one person doing all the software development business alone in a commercial setting cause non technical skills like project management, finance, quality assurance, etc. then comes into play.

Finally, how long it will take depends on your skills, availability, expected features and starting point. Normally these factors are used to calculate team velocity and in turn, team velocity is used to come up with story points. Normally, a story point represents a certain numbers of hours in a day.

Hope my response was a bit helpful. I'm sure others will have a lot to add. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by Tribers: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2020
etrange:
Apart from a few individual peculiarities, the database structure of social network and social networking apps are fairly the same. Asides from the fact that these table relations are already well known by most developers out there, they can easily be gotten online as well. So yes, one person with a fairly good knowledge of both backend and front end (web or mobile) development should be able to do a personal SN app. However, you'd probably need a hand if your skills aren't as encompassing as I described. Again, notice I used the word "personal". That's because I don't subscribe to the idea of one person doing all the software development business alone in a commercial setting cause non technical skills like project management, finance, quality assurance, etc. then comes into play.

Finally, how long it will take depends on your skills, availability, expected features and starting point. Normally these factors are used to calculate team velocity and in turn, team velocity is used to come up with story points. Normally, a story point represents a certain numbers of hours in a day.

Hope my response was a bit helpful. I'm sure others will have a lot to add. Best of luck.
thanks for your time, I'm just wondering if someone that is just learning app development can build a fintech app by himself
Re: Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2020
Yes you can but why stress yourself to build a social media application in this day and age. How do you intend to get people to use it? The greatest problem with tech product is distribution and not the code itself. If you look hard enough you can even find full open source codes online for what you want to build but gaining traction is the koko. If you really want to get into the app game then you should be looking at well established marketplaces. Shopify, Magento, wordpress, Salesforce app exchange and SAP app center. It will be much easier for you as a solo developer building up something and gaining traction as millions of people already use this platforms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by cixak95211: 4:17am On Dec 19, 2020
Tribers:
can one person build a full functioning all by himself without the help of other developers? and cab you guess how many month it will take to build it

Your question is akin to asking: "how long does it take to cook"? Is it rice? beans? yam or indomie noodles....
Well, a full-stack engineer [front, back and cloud] who knows his or her onions can deploy an app from start to finish solo
how long it would take depends on the complexity of the app
in my case, 6 mths.
Re: Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by Tribers: 4:23am On Dec 19, 2020
cixak95211:

Your question is akin to asking: "how long does it take to cook"? Is it rice? beans? yam or indomie noodles....
Well, a full-stack engineer [front, back and cloud] who knows his or her onions can deploy an app from start to finish solo
in my case, 6 mths.
thanks for your time
Re: Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by Tribers: 4:23am On Dec 19, 2020
cixak95211:

in my case, 6 mths.
sometimes learning things by yourself is always a good way for solid business, getting people isn't the problem
Re: Can One Developer Build A Function Social App By Himself by cixak95211: 4:26am On Dec 19, 2020
Tribers:
sometimes learning things by yourself is always a good way for solid business, getting people isn't the problem

in life, it's always good to understand your limits.
I am an engineer , i wrote the code
my job is done. and i handed over to a sales person to do the rest

(1) (Reply)

Urgently In Need Of PHP (Laravel) Job / Top Javascript Framework That Will Be In Trend During 2021 / 2d Games With Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.