Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States (26747 Views)

Obituary Of A 15-Year-Old Girl Who Died After A Brief Illness (Photos) / "50 Guests Died After Attending A Yahoo Boy's Party In Alagbole Akute, Lagos" / Burial Of Man, 2 Daughters Who Died After Taking Traditional Medicine In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by Praxis758: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2020
A head nurse at a hospital in Chattanooga, Tenn., caused a brief scare on Thursday when she fainted shortly after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine, according to reports.

Tiffany Dover, the nurse manager at CHI Memorial, received the vaccine and then, a short time later, addressed the media. Video circulated online that showed her taking questions from reporters and then lose her train of thought.

"I’m sorry, I’m feeling really dizzy," she said. "I’m sorry."

She walked away from the rostrum and fainted. Doctors who were nearby managed to catch her.

News Channel 9 reported that minutes later she was able to address reporters. Doctors said the vaccine ingredients did not cause the episode.

ALEX AZAR DETAILS SOME COVID-19 VACCINE ROLLOUT HICCUPS

Dover said that she has a condition where she could faint when she feels pain.

"It just hit me all of a sudden," she said, according to the station. "I could feel it coming on. I felt a little disoriented but I feel fine now, and the pain in my arm is gone," she said.

Health officials across the U.S. have cheered the approval and distribution of the vaccine, but there is still some public unease about being inoculated.

Vice President Mike Pence will become the highest-profile U.S. recipient of the vaccine later Friday.

The White House announced on Wednesday that Pence and first lady Karen Pence would publicly receive the vaccine to promote its "safety and efficacy."

Surgeon General Jerome Adams will join the pair in receiving the vaccine at the White House.

The Associated Press reported that Joe Biden, the president-elect, will receive a vaccination publicly as early as next week.
Re: Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by Kylekent59: 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
This is the reason why it is not good to always be the first to get therapy. I prefer to defer to get enough confirmation before finally making use of a product or vaccine.

Why wasn't it used on monkeys first before humans?
Re: Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by donbachi(m): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2020
Took mine today.
Re: Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by chatinent: 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2020
The poster above me talks anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by Nukilia: 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2020
Shame on those who believe Pfizer undecided
Re: Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by Camelot65: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
Where did she die in your post?

She only fainted

5 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by whemmytopsy(m): 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
This is poor journalism, your topic saying something different from what the body is saying... Using the false heading to lure people to read a piece is madness....
What you don't know is that some people will not bother to read through and start going around to spread fake news.... OP get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
Fake news

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana / Only 10 Medical Labs In Nigeria Produce Reliable Results, Says Ninas / FG To Shut Down All Open Drug Markets From July 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.