Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers (19932 Views)

Nigeria Defeat Ivory Coast 3-1 In Wafu Tournament. Qualify For U17 Afcon. / Nigeria's Golden Eaglets Qualify For U17 AFCON After Victory Over Burkina Faso / Lesotho Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (2 - 4) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by heykims(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2020
Let's see their faces for physical assessment.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 19, 2020
juniorstar:

how come these boys are all dark, but their super eagles brother look like foreigners.

Spend time abroad, you will look different to your people when you come home for a visit.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Godmademan(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2020
eitsei:
only handful of players of Messi and Aguero's age that still play excellently at the top now, so Mikel is doing well for his age
Tell that to James Milner
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Goalnaldo(m): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2020
The spirit of cheating has eaten deep into the fabric of Nigerians. SMH.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 19, 2020
ChiefS:
The coaches are complicit. They should be able to identify those above 17 before MRI screening with minimal error. The quest to succeed by all means is killing football development. They should go to secondary schools round the country and get players within the age limits and stop deceiving themselves. How can an NPFL player be under-17?

I think U17 players are mostly recruited from football academies

Also, a teenager playing football at 16 is not impossible. Rooney was playing for Everton at 16...and he qualified to play for England U17 then.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by LZAA: 7:38am On Dec 19, 2020
Before i for blame dem but the way naija take be now,omo all way na way grin

1 Like

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by alexpumpin: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2020
here is no honour in cheating for underage tournaments. Nigeria is the record holder for most u-17 wins but nothing to show at senior level. With good scouting and coaching then the truly u-17 will shine and hopefully grow into the senior team and make waves. Macauley chrisantus that is Toni Kroos mate. Where is he today

Naija on the beat
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by internationalman(m): 7:50am On Dec 19, 2020
chatinent:

Quote this comment and see how I did it.

It is called BBCode.

I have gotten it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by dahnimoh(m): 7:55am On Dec 19, 2020
UNLESS the MRI machine is faulty,otherwise it should disqualify all of them
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:56am On Dec 19, 2020
Pandev:
grin na why we dey always win that tournament, na our kid brothers we dey follow play. When them don old enough to be great grandpa, na then them go dey play for super eagles and we go dey expect good result against young lads from other countries cheesy

you remember Christiantus that year, that man go be around 40something during 2007 un17WC, him go don dey grow grey hair by now grin

MRI were conducted in Iheanacho and Osimhen's set and we won both.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by danietohbadt(m): 8:03am On Dec 19, 2020
frankmoney:
This is why majority of African players don't last ... They lie about their age and get burnt out early ...

Where is christantus Macaulay etc

Even Mikel Obi claimed he was on the same age range with Messi and Aguero but can you compare them now

Since last season till now, Aguero hasn't played any meaningful football, he's been injured. Mikel is still plying actively. So get your facts right please, the guy is at Stoke City and has been playing week in, week out until he got injured last week, unlike Macaulay that has been released more than 7 times on free, and disappeared into thin air as early as 20
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by chachanga: 8:04am On Dec 19, 2020
This is a good example of how technological can be deployed so well it raises performance bars and becomes a deterrent to deviance.

Dear Nigerians, evolve same for every facet of the Nigerian life, entrench them via constitutionally sacrosanct laws and see national transformations accelerate in a few years.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by sulaak(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2020
Slurity:
Damm. Since we always see our leaders as the only courses of our problems, you want to blame Buhari for this intentional age cheating abi? Nigeria is fantastically corrupt and even the devil is in shocked

The leaders are the problem.

The role of the leaders is to provide a vision and direction to the nation. What do you expect from the people when the president is openly supporting Ganduje, cannot tell the truth or protect school children from terrorist.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Digitalwitch: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2020
Don't believe that machine wholeheartedly because it can fail.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by ggood: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2020
age cheat is normal in Africa

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by fergie001: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2020
ggood:
age cheat is normal in Africa
Jesu......that means I am a 9-yr-old full-back

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by ggood: 9:06am On Dec 19, 2020
fergie001:
Jesu......that means I am a 9-yr-old full-back
That's why they can't do well in football
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Plut01: 9:16am On Dec 19, 2020
Pandev:
you remember Christiantus that year, that man go be around 40something during 2007 un17WC, him go don dey grow grey hair by now grin

You're right

He had white hair covered his head the last time I saw him cheesy

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Pandev(m): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I don't know if Africa has been using it before, but I think FIFA introduced MRI just in 2019. Enlighten me more bro
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25am On Dec 19, 2020
Pandev:
I don't know if Africa has been using it before, but I think FIFA introduced MRI just in 2019. Enlighten me more bro

Iheanacho's set went through the mandatory MRI age test before the CAF U17 tournament in 2013 and another before the World Cup. It has been mandatory since then.

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Bestbeelieve: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2020
DukeJoe17:

How do you change this colour, I've tried changing it but it not responding?

It's the mindset that needs a radical change
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Pandev(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho's set went through the mandatory MRI age test before the CAF U17 tournament in 2013 and another before the World Cup. It has been mandatory since then.
failing test ahead of world cup didn't mean FIFA carried out the test, it was done in Africa. You know what I'm talking about? They used to beat the false age barrier untill FIFA officially introduced MRI. Remember our team's performance in 2019 under 17 WC
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Ihenacho in particular is probably not lying about his age.

1 Like

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02am On Dec 19, 2020
Pandev:
failing test ahead of world cup didn't mean FIFA carried out the test, it was done in Africa. You know what I'm talking about? They used to beat the false age barrier untill FIFA officially introduced MRI. Remember our team's performance in 2019 under 17 WC

There is another carried out by FIFA proper before the World Cup.

However, these tests were closely monitored by FIFA with their representatives in every test with FIFA taking possession of the scans.

2019 U17 was poor mainly because of poor scouting. NFA did not release money to carryout the regular screening in all regions of the country and we ended up with a poor team.

Not MRI.

Thorough MRI started in 2013 and the 2015 winning squad was equally thoroughly tested.

1 Like

Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by OfficialAwol(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2020
AdeOlasode:
These people 're more than 20 years...Set Awon Uzoho

Uzoho is 19 please undecided undecided undecided
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by adunade14786: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2020
Let's see their faces for physical assessment.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Onyekamike(m): 11:53am On Dec 19, 2020
Under 17 age football team players are to be selected from post primary school competitions if we're to raise true under aged players that will compete favourable.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by smsinnigeria(m): 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
eNigeriaOrg:
Age fraud AKA; Football age. This stuff is prevalent in almost all facets of our society. Civil servants reduce their age to stay longer in the service, fresh graduates reduce their age so as to attend NYSC and to be within the employable age bracket of employers, Politicians reduce their age so they can be considered not too old to run. Girls reduce their age so they won't be considered "evening newspapers" by suitors. It goes on and on. God airpus o! Well, give your business the necessary legal framework & boost. Contact us for C.A.C Business/Company registration, S.C.U.M.L certificate, NGO/Foundation registration, T.I.N and much more. Visit www. e nigeria. org to get started.
I want register an NGO let's get in touch.
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by Mycoin(m): 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
This should serve as a deterrent to our upcoming athletes
Re: MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers by godquality: 8:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Devastated?

Funny because they knew they were overage and trying to gain the system.

Cheating is just in our DNA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aubameyang: Leaving Arsenal Without Real Goodbye Hurts / Pastor Adjusts Church Programme Time Over Super Eagles Vs Argentina Match / Neymar Scores In Brazil 2-2 Colombia Draw In First Match Since Injury(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.