Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857498 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeenzo(m): 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
nowhere:

So if permit never got approved, one can just finish off in Nigeria if school allows it?

My main concern is the network you guys in Nigeria are using for the online classes.

I am in Canada, coming to Lagos for one month and I need to continue my classes.

Which network serves best, data plans and co?

Guys put mouth abi hand sef. Thanks.

Please make sure you find out the authenticity of your statement; I am not really sure myself but I think the most you can do for this distance online learning is till April 2021, (please like I said i am not really sure)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Senagaogbe: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hello, has any November applicant gotten PPR yet??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
adeenzo:

Please make sure you find out the authenticity of your statement; I am not really sure myself but I think the most you can do for this distance online learning is till April 2021, (please like I said i am not really sure)
I am a PR. I do what Humber College decides. I believe my next semester (Summer 2021) which is the final would still be online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maprince4: 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
Congratulations!!!

OtunbaTee:
LOI AND COUNTERFOIL DROPPED TODAY.

PSSPRT STILL IN ABUJA.

I pray others awaiting good news too shall receive soon in Jesus name.!
It will SURELY end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
Anon123:

IPNX
I know this, but coverage and modem are involved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
nowhere:

hiya
Welcome to Spectranet live chat, how may I be of assistance
I am coming to Nigeria for one month
while there, my online classes are on, so which data plan do I have to get?
We have several monthly plans, however you can go for the unlimited gold plan for N18,425
unlimited in the correct sense of it?
It has a fair usage policy of 100gb after which your data speed reduces to 512kbps
Will 100GB do me with respect to 8 courses?
what the speed before FUP?
The speed is not capped
It is unlimited
What is the speed?
There are videoconferences
100gb should be enough to run your courses, however we have another plan for 19,450, the unlimited diamond plan
It Has a FUP of 500gb with a maximum speed of 4MBPS
What is the highest unlimited plan for one month?
Here in Canada I pay $60 for everything I do in one month
I want to get the sense from there on the likely speed and cost. Only coverage is certain at this point.

My discussion with an agent. I just want speed and data that I don't have to worry about capping. Chai!
Ok,

I think you need to get to your hood in Nigeria first, there might be a possibility your buddies in that area use some of this ISP e.g SPECTRANET, SMILE , SWIFT etc.you can meet them and ask, so based on their experience with any of those ISP in that area, they should/would be able to recommend the best ISP you should go for.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ok,

I think you need to get to your hood in Nigeria first, there might be a possibility your buddies in that area use some of this ISP e.g SPECTRANET, SMILE , SWIFT etc.you can meet them and ask, so based on their experience with any of those ISP in that area, they should/would be able to recommend the best ISP you should go for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2021
hello good evening house, please has anyone who applied in october gotten a responce from the embassy or requested for medicals from them? please after the submission of the IELTS and mybankstatement, has anyone gotten another responce fron them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Alexefex(m): 10:30pm On Jan 14, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

I'll suggest you use MOD. From my personal experience, it's easier to attain the required band with MOD IELTS.

It will end in praise

Chief please drop your digits. I have a proposition for you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by joyenaholo11(f): 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please any lady, preferably student who just landed Ontario and doesn’t mind sharing an apartment? Location: Waterloo/Kitchener/Mississauga/Hamilton or anywhere central and affordable.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
My guys, I said I’ll read one OYIBO SOP, oyibo never even message me I Don read 5 SOP, una sabi book sha, God go do am for us, abeg I no read again, I no get power!

Ehen .... Those Wey don go, how una take dey carry money comot abeg, zenith bank day I must open dorm acct to collect dollars here in Lagos!
Abeg how una take dey move and how much una Dey carry, my fees na like 15k CAD for the year”I no know where I wan see the money thief sha” but how una Dey Carry money comot abeg!

And again, if e get where una Dey see money, make una tell me abeg!

I have just 3k naira in my acct and God is Good say them no get bus for that day, I wan try Libra, abeg

E go b, my winter jacket na lace material ..... wahala

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by UBCcookies: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
Anybody in Kelowna?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
Anon123:

Fly wire
is this done with normal cbn rate or black market
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
Blavkmaann:
My guys, I said I’ll read one OYIBO SOP, oyibo never even message me I Don read 5 SOP, una sabi book sha, God go do am for us, abeg I no read again, I no get power!

Ehen .... Those Wey don go, how una take dey carry money comot abeg, zenith bank day I must open dorm acct to collect dollars here in Lagos!
Abeg how una take dey move and how much una Dey carry, my fees na like 15k CAD for the year”I no know where I wan see the money thief sha” but how una Dey Carry money comot abeg!

And again, if e get where una Dey see money, make una tell me abeg!

I have just 3k naira in my acct and God is Good say them no get bus for that day, I wan try Libra, abeg

E go b, my winter jacket na lace material ..... wahala

Na you o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Inestimable61: 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please guys is this supposed to be yes ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 1:45am On Jan 15, 2021
Bro, with my many years of experience working in a Telco in this country, I can tell you for free that no network is perfect. Your location is key, so my advise is once you arrive at your location of stay, confirm which network works best in that location and latch on to it. You can also have a backup just in case the need arises. My 2cent.

It will end in praise for us all...

nowhere:

hiya
Welcome to Spectranet live chat, how may I be of assistance
I am coming to Nigeria for one month
while there, my online classes are on, so which data plan do I have to get?
We have several monthly plans, however you can go for the unlimited gold plan for N18,425
unlimited in the correct sense of it?
It has a fair usage policy of 100gb after which your data speed reduces to 512kbps
Will 100GB do me with respect to 8 courses?
what the speed before FUP?
The speed is not capped
It is unlimited
What is the speed?
There are videoconferences
100gb should be enough to run your courses, however we have another plan for 19,450, the unlimited diamond plan
It Has a FUP of 500gb with a maximum speed of 4MBPS
What is the highest unlimited plan for one month?
Here in Canada I pay $60 for everything I do in one month
I want to get the sense from there on the likely speed and cost. Only coverage is certain at this point.

My discussion with an agent. I just want speed and data that I don't have to worry about capping. Chai!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 1:52am On Jan 15, 2021
Amen!!! Congrats to all who received their love letters yesterday @Akinjibola @MadeMan we dey expect your ghenghen love letter.

It must rain PPR on me/us this week cos my lectures starts fully on Monday biko.

OtunbaTee:
LOI AND COUNTERFOIL DROPPED TODAY.

PSSPRT STILL IN ABUJA.

I pray others awaiting good news too shall receive soon in Jesus name.!
It will SURELY end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 1:56am On Jan 15, 2021
@awys, you're almost there my sister. Na shikini e remain make your love letters drop and we go celebrate am bambam. No worry yoursef!

awys:

Chai congrats prophet tee e be like say na my account the thing drop ooo the joy that comes with this enhhh can never be overemphasized.Amen ooo I claim it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 1:58am On Jan 15, 2021
Gbamsolutely!!!

ericksen:
When it comes to network speed in 9ja, well, it depends on where you live.
Spectranet is kinda shitty in my area {Yaba, Lagos}. But awesome at some of my colleagues' location.
Anyways I use SWIFT and it's super fast!
It's always about location.
Do your due diligence very well.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 2:06am On Jan 15, 2021
I came accross this on one of the old thread and thought might be useful for the new applicants in the house.

Credit to SOPWriter:

I have decided to take my time to correct the rife practices of my fellow countrymen, regarding the common mistakes they make in their statement of purpose: I have reviewed much numbers of SOP and I could discern what is ubiquitous, therefore the necessity I have laid on myself for this selfless address. Aside the tips I have benevolently stated on this forum, I see the need to be of adequate assistance to as much as possible numbers of persons who will appreciate this kindness, by adhering to these corrections.
So, I will list out these ‘common mistakes’, then point out the bloopers:

UNNCESSARY PIECE OF INFORMATION: Although this is not only practiced among Nigerians (I have sighted this fault in other nationality citizens as well.); we tend to state things that are completely irrelevant to our application. A Nairalander once sent me his SOP, before he did; he was bravado of his piece, saying he only needed me to see how good he was. To cut the long story short, he sent me his SOP, and I was flabbergasted to see “I own an apple laptop valued $1,000, two iphones that worth $500 each, making $2,000. U of R is a good school, as they will help me look for Job when I graduate with first class. Canada is a good place where you earn a good standard of living, unlike Nigeria, where people live in poverty”. I stared for ten seconds, especially after considering how he had boasted of his SOP. “My people”, learn to stay on point, stop stating things that have nothing to do with your studies!

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE LENGTH BUT THE VALUE OF INFORMATION:
This is mostly applicable to Nairalanders (the guy I used as an example above made use of 3 pages), you will hear something like “I wrote a superb SOP of 4 pages, three thousand words”, and when you read through their SOP; all you will see are piece of information that will shoot them in the leg: it is the value of details that matters, and not the lengthiness of a written/typed piece.

WRONG USAGE OF GRAMMERS: it could be funny sometimes while reading some SOP; many applicants turn to overnight Grammarians; then starts filling up their SOP with words that is completely inapplicable in a writing context; wrong usage of words, bad grammatical structure, counterfactual spellings, etc. They completely forget they could be communicating with a native speaker who might be familiar with these words and get irritated: Use the words you are familiar with, grammars are not mandatory, effective communication is.

I took 30 minutes of my precious time to write this short piece, and I hope it assist someone to attain his/her goal.

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 2:14am On Jan 15, 2021
Hello house, I have just been refused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 2:31am On Jan 15, 2021
MadeMan01:

This is really painful. So sorry about this. Please try to apply for your GCMS note immediately.

Please dont give up, you will get it in your next application.

It will end in praise for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 2:52am On Jan 15, 2021
MadeMan01:
It will end in praise...reapply and tackle the reasons the VO gave...from experience LOE is the main stuff in yu application...tackle the reasons aggressively in yu next application..it happened to me too on OCT 2nd when I got refusal letter..wish yu luck bro!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 5:04am On Jan 15, 2021
MadeMan01:

I'm sorry to hear about that.

It's time to go back, restrategize and refire.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ditha(f): 5:51am On Jan 15, 2021
Haaaaaa!

I just woke up to my original PPR!

God is amazing!!!!

Submitted application on 26th December
Medicals passed on 31st December
NSE request letter: Jan 4th
NSE requirements submitted on 7th Jan
BVL and PPR on 15th January

2nd Application

Thank u Frank for always picking your phone and answering my questions.

It ended in praise!!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ditha(f): 6:07am On Jan 15, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:20am On Jan 15, 2021
ditha:
Haaaaaa!

God is amazing!!!!

Congratulations!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:21am On Jan 15, 2021
Please guys my sponsor is my brother and he’s in the US. Can I use his bank statement and stuff?

I mean his US SOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 6:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Good morning everyone, please I have few questions to ask.

I want to apply through the NSE route, how do I do it, pls share a link if the route has a special link. I have not started my application at all. how do I go about an upfront medicals, and how do I get the police check certificate?

Secondly, my sponsor is resident in America and her bank is an american bank. How will she raise the " mybank statement?

Lastly, I'm going for undergraduate studies, do I need to submit CV too?

I have butterflies in my stomach.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adekolagreat(m): 6:26am On Jan 15, 2021
ditha:
Haaaaaa!

God is amazing!!!!

Congratulations, I am next in line.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 6:28am On Jan 15, 2021
MadeMan01:

So
Sorry about this. Let me give you little hope because I have not had time to share my timeline or probably it’s not time to share because my testimony isn’t complete yet.

Submitted application- 11th September,2020
No need for biometrics
Refused- 17th of September,2020( I was dazed)
I had faith and reapplied 28th of September
NSE request for only IELTS came in13th of November
Submitted NSE on 2nd of December ( meanwhile I submitted my old ielts result with 5.5 in my reading) I submitted with faith tho.

Original Passport Request came in 13th of January with no medical request . No upfront medical..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 6:30am On Jan 15, 2021
ditha:
Haaaaaa!

God is amazing!!!!

Wow! Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6