Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (867540 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hi Oga Frank,

Thanks for your prompt response as usual. I was actually asking in respect of the kid's open study permit in Quebec. Because their system is slightly different, I would appreciate someone with similar and specific experience to learn from. You can't get it wrong when you listen to people who have done before, what you are now about to do. smiley smiley

So please I am still awaiting feedback on the question.

Cheers.

Frankrobbn1:

CAQ is not required for SOWP application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
@Rootiab, have they started reviewing your medical results or you've gotten passed already? I'm asking cos we share almost the same timeline and I did my upfront medical yesterday.

It will Surely end in PRAISES for US all. Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
slimy205:
Hello house, good afternoon. I recently got the NSE request to provide mybankstatement. Please house how do I upload this to my profile.

I think they provide a platform where you can upload the requested documents, log into your account and check well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buzzme: 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
slimy205:
Hello house, good afternoon. I recently got the NSE request to provide mybankstatement. Please house how do I upload this to my profile.

.... Hi @Slimy205, congratulations on been invited to go through the NSE route.

To upload your outstanding document(s), please login your CIC account using your GCKey and click on your application where it states... *check full application status*... and afterwards, click the... *view submitted application or upload documents*"...... Just scroll a little further at this juncture and behold, where to upload your pending documents will be gladly waiting on you.

It will surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
oyibo4real:
@Rootiab, have they started reviewing your medical results or you've gotten passed already? I'm asking cos we share almost the same timeline and I did my upfront medical yesterday.

It will Surely end in PRAISES for US all. Amen!!!
it has been on passed since January 21st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buzzme: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2021
Emmy458:
Hello house, i want to apply for an under graduate course in Canada, please can some one help me with names of cheap schools in Canada that don't accept IELTS.. Thanks.

.... Hi @Emmy458, first of all, which undergraduate course would you seem to pursue and also, what is your profile?? (Any previous degrees, current or past work experience, when did you finish high school, how much exactly would you consider cheap) etc... You will need to summon all these details by yourself and for yourself to be able for Gurus in the house, lend you an appropriate guide as to what course would be durable and why.

In responce to other questions, I believe as a Nigerian citizen, I stand to be corrected, you should be exempted from taking IELTS for the sake of gaining admission in a Canadian Institution but paraventure you are invited by CIC to partake in the NSE, it would then be, at your own discretion, to participate in the IELTS exercise or allow 30 days run by, before application resumes.. (Although, all these would come into play once you have successfully submitted a study permit application)

Having said all these, you can assist your curiosity by checking on Google, cheap schools to Canada as Honorable members of this forum have made mention many schools which are affordable in this Forum. I will therefore urge you, to try and go through some parts of the thread and await Gurus to guide you properly.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Squirrel01: 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2021
buzzme:

.... Hi @Emmy458, first of all, which undergraduate course would you seem to pursue and also, what is your profile?? (Any previous degrees, current or past work experience, when did you finish high school, how much exactly would you consider cheap) etc... You will need to summon all these details by yourself and for yourself to be able for Gurus in the house, lend you an appropriate guide as to what course would be durable and why.

In responce to other questions, I believe as a Nigerian citizen, I stand to be corrected, you should be exempted from taking IELTS for the sake of gaining admission in a Canadian Institution but paraventure you are invited by CIC to partake in the NSE, it would then be, at your own discretion, to participate in the IELTS exercise or allow 30 days run by, before application resumes.. (Although, all these would come into play once you have submitted a study permit application)

Having said all these, you can assist your curiosity by checking on Google, cheap schools to Canada as Honorable members of this forum have made mention many schools which are affordable in this Forum. I will therefore urge you, to try and go through some parts of the thread and await Gurus to guide you properly.

Please can you list those affordable school in Canada and the best course in social sciences,thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dishydens(f): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hello everyone. I just joined this thread yesterday. Is anyone in the house applying to Niagara College or already there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buzzme: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2021
Squirrel01:

Please can you list those affordable school in Canada and the best course in social sciences,thank you.

.... Hi @Squirrel01, what actually do you mean by "best course in social sciences"..

Also, like I mentioned not quite long ago, endeavor to Google these CHEAP SCHOOLS in canada and make a comparison as to which falls within your budget. So please, permit me to ask, what actually is your budget to fulfill the Maple Dream?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
slimy205:

The instruction to upload this document would have been explained in the NSE request letter.

Login to your GCkey account > scroll up to check for "submitted application or upload documents" exactly as circled on the screenshot below > click on it > a new window appears > then you scroll down> you would see the field created for you by IRCC to upload> upload and submit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Squirrel01: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
buzzme:

.... Hi @Squirrel01, what actually do you mean by "best course in social sciences"..

Also, like I mentioned not quite long ago, endeavor to Google these CHEAP SCHOOLS in canada and make a comparison as to which falls within your budget. So please, permit me to ask, what actually is your budget to fulfill the Maple Dream?

I majored in engineering so I'm looking for a great course in social sciences or engineering course that will tally with my course of study,and please which route is good,diploma or certificate?,I studied building technology, as for funds,I have funds that will cover tuition fees and other minor expenses,
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
Esmeob:
Hello everyone

My program is for 4 years starting fall 2021. Issue is my passport expires in June 2022. I would like to renew it now but I just did my NIN and I've been told that immigration will not be able to verify my NIN quickly so that I can renew my passport.

What would you advice me to do? Should I wait till I am able to renew my passport or should I apply for my study visa with my current passport?

Please I need your response ��.

Hello Esmeob,

Go ahead with your study permit application. You can always renew your passport from within Canada. Besides, you still have about 16 months to its expiry.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
Testimonytime:
Hello house.
Pls I am about to submit my application, my husband is my sponsor, I am going for a pgd in culinary management in Selkirk college, I am a matured student, iv worked as a lawyer for 12 years and changed career in 2019, I now work as a head cook/ baker. My concern is should I submit my bank statement on only 400k balance and inflow of 9million in 12 months statement? My husband is my sponsor, I have no landed document in my name but we have several in husbands name. Will my 400k balance give red light? If I do not submit, how do I proof my employment since I don’t get payslip? But only bank deposits.

Pls guru in the house should help. I have the statement already but don’t know wether to submit.

Hello Testimonytime,

In this kind of situation, several factors come to mind:

• How much is your tuition
• Is your spouse level of establishment good
• How steady/reliable is your spouse's source of funds
• What is your family composition
• What is the length of the program
• Minus tuition and LE, how much will be sitting in your spouse's BA
• Will you still be earning why studying and is there a demonstrative evidence

The aforementioned is just a rhetorical question and if it can be adequately answered, you may only worry little and hope more.

My suggestion:

Get your spouse to transfer your tuition and LE into the account, then pay your tuition from it. Then attribute the lump sum deposit to the purpose of your study.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
What are the test carried out in medical examinations?
I like to know please....
What option would you consider.....A job offer with FIRS or a Canadian study Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
Dolex86:
Hello...Please i just want to ask for guidance on this....I'm applying for Fall 2021 for a 2 years course and my passport expires June 2022...
Is it okay to go ahead with my application since its still over a year?
What is my best option?
You all are doing a good job here
All will end in praise
Thanks

Hello Dolex86,

Kindly go ahead with your application. You can always renew your passport at any point prior to its expiry in Canada.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2021
jogojogo:
What are the test carried out in medical examinations?
I like to know please....
What option would you consider.....A job offer with FIRS or a Canadian study Visa?

Take the job and process your visa lowkey.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
Smileyin:
im tired of this stress i have with canada trv just to go do masters i think ill try usa as canada no work for me. Sigh

Hello Smileyin,

You may also want to check out Ireland too. Maybe you can use it as a stepping stone to Canada.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
Good evening everyone. Dec 19 applicant. Didn't submit nse requirements.
I submitted my upfront medical result yesternight through mail (nairobi precisely), webform wasnt accessible.
Opened my profile now and it changed to submitted/profile updated.
Plus my medical has been updated to pass. Thanks just wanted to let us know.

It will end in praises. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
olabisi6438:

Take the job and process your visa lowkey.

The visa dey hand already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2021
MrsYO:
Please guys @OtunbaTee @Frankrobbn1 @Lekkiboboe @Olasubomy @Justmellow and other gurus.

I need clarity on these informations;

1) I lost my job last year september due to Covid 19. Pls how do I explain this in my SOP even though I have sufficient POF? Should i still submit documents such as Letter of Employement,Promotion Letters Old payslips?

2) My husband was denied SINP last year, should i state it in my application or just be quiet about it since i wasnt the primary applicant?

Hello MrsYO,

There isn't an issue. Its not an hidden fact that COVID-19 brought grave calamity to rob the world of her comfort. Lives were lost and jobs were too.

We know we should be blaming COVID-19, but in your letter, guilt-trip the VO to the point of empathy in terms of your employment situation. Since you have a good financial strength and other economic establishment, use the previous evidence from your former engagement as mentioned in your post to demonstrate your economic level of establishment.

In your letter (application), focus on demonstrating ways in which you've taken to get another job or any side hustle been engaged to keep the spirit together. Evidence for the former couple be email correspondence sent or shared with prospective employers.

Be it as it may, try to show you're not just sitting and folding your hands, you may state also that since you've the intention for further study, you've been taking online courses to prepare you ahead of your study since you can't job hunt at this moment because many established are either partially closed or working remotely... this makes it even more difficult to job hunt.

Don't mention your spouse's SINP. It does not concern you, mind your business.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
jogojogo:

you'd have to decide for yourself. For me I would choose Canada. Cause mehn Nigeria is something else, we all are doing this for our kids and the future.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Cuddles7:
Thankyou so much for your input. @JustMellow

We had tried to get admission for healthcare administration but that didn't come through. I guess we can try again.

Will give an update as soon as we receive the GCMS notes.

It's so sad that people will be refused for wrong reasons ....cos we are confused too about the personal assets and financial status comment

We pray this ends in praise soon enough.

Godbless

Hello Cuddles7,

Wait till the notes comes before considering changing his course. But during the wait, he may choose to play around schools in Canada offering management in health care/system.

If possible, the search should begin from Universities offering Graduate Diploma. I think Memorial offers Graduate Diploma in Toxicology, Pharmacology and the likes before moving forward to Colleges.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
VObalogun:
Hello,
Please I got admitted to memorial university for a 4 year bachelor of science degree.
I want to major in nursing but memorial university advices international students to take courses for 2 semesters before applying to their 4 bachelor of nursing program, so I plan get into nursing department after one year of study(bachelor of science) where I can complete my Pre requisite courses
Please in writing sop, should Indicate my desire to study nursing or I must stick to the bachelor of science

Hello VObalogun,

First thing to do, cross examine the LOA in order to adopt your writing style. If its obviously mentioned the admission is for Nursing. You should build your study interest to Nursing but briefly hover around the prerequisite study. If the LOA obviously states Science, then build your highlights around it.

Write in a way that you don't make it a separate study, how it blend together. Don't just write, ensure you are close to the program webpage and have studied the LOA.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
Your application has been approved? Congrats

I remember how your ielts result stressed you, kindly share your timeline for the rest of us

As for the FIRS job for me it’s not enough to make one remain in this country after the hurdle to get Canadian study visa. I for one have a good job here in Nigeria and I know so many top players in the oil industry who are also in this struggle to relocate. In the end the decision is up to you

jogojogo:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oppsonn: 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hello

Please can anyone help me with the documents required for Canadian Study Visa?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
ToluDstar:
Hello guys, I have an issue. I once applied for a temporary visa for a rotary in Canada back in 2018 but I didn’t get it. Now I’m about to submit my documents for my study permit application but I can’t find the refusal letter I was given. What do I do in this scenario? Do I State I have been denied and do not have the document anymore or do I state I have never been denied. Guys please I need help here.
Thank you.

Hello ToluDstar,

You don't need the refusal letter unlike Ireland. Do well to tick the column in the IMM 1294e Form to the question asking if you've been refused a visa before. If you recall the reasons, input it. If not, state you can't recall.

You can as well decide to brief point it out int your letter.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2021
justwise:

Absolutely false. You did not read that anywhere. Use google to search for gcm note companies and select one.

Hope you're good bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2021
Please who did upfront medicals at qlife last week and if the result has been sent or he/she has passed medicals??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 6:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
olasubomy:

Yes, you would need to state when filling the application form that you have been denied before if you have ever been denied a visa.

They would still find out when they run their background check on your application so yes you need to state it to avoid being accused of misrepresentation.

All the best.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 6:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hi everyone......
Please help a brother from depression because right now I don't know what to do or think if right now.....
Please I applied for my Canadian Study permit Visa on the the 2nd of October I did my biometrics on the 16th of October,I received my NSE LETTER on the 17th of November but I didn't submit the required documents.....so since then I have not gotten a response from them till now I only mailed them earlier giving them reason I can be able to submit the documents required on NSE Letter.
So please what should I do now
Should I book for my upfront medicals or should order for GMCS note or send them anweb from please I need your suggestion please.......
Thanks in advance......
Cc : Frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
Hi everyone......
Please help a brother from depression because right now I don't know what to do or think if right now.....
Please I applied for my Canadian Study permit Visa on the the 2nd of October I did my biometrics on the 16th of October,I received my NSE LETTER on the 17th of November but I didn't submit the required documents.....so since then I have not gotten a response from them till now I only mailed them earlier giving them reason I can be able to submit the documents required on NSE Letter.
So please what should I do now
Should I book for my upfront medicals or should order for GMCS note or send them anweb from please I need your suggestion please.......
Thanks in advance......
Cc : Frank
my own suggestion is why not just get the bank statements and the ielts, you see one thing about this stuff. If you had just done it, you won't be complaining. Just get it and submit.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.