Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (884711 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Seansoft: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
My brother I’m really fed up he said he can not release the information of the sponsors to me for security reasons.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hello House,

Is there anyone who has been able to book one of the government-designated hotels for the 3 days quarantine? Please share your experience of how you went about this.

I have tried to call the phone line 1-800-294-8253. published on the CIC website. Each time I call, it puts me in the queue and goes on for more than an hour without an agent attending to me.

I would really appreciate the feedback from someone who has successfully booked one of the hotels.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
If the agent hasn't submitted the app,abort mission with him and start over..come to this thread and learn how to do it yourself..you have everything you need here
Seansoft:
Good afternoon house, I don’t know if I’m doing this right because I’m new to this Nairaland , someone just introduced me to this thread as well, because I’m in a serious dilemma right now, I really need help and please anyone that really wish to offer me help should please do so, I need advice on what to do if it is not too late for me, because I’m hooked right now

I have a BSC in Economics and I graduated since 2012. And I have this ambition of going abroad
I’m considering master but I had a 2.2

I met this agent on Instagram and he promises heaven and earth
He convinced me that I do not need to stress my self applying for a master that I can apply for another undergraduate program that he has a way of getting admission for undergraduate studies from a particular school in canada and then when I get to canada I can decide to work for 2 years and use the remaining 2 years to apply for masters in canada because I will be issued a 4years visa.. He said he will apply at the canada embassy for a second degree on my behalf that what he need to do is to Support the application with a good SOP, he said he’s good at what he does and he has a way to package me and my application before the embassy,

so I agreed and he charge me about 300k for application fees and services charge for admission process and after few weeks the admission came out but it was a conditional admission that doesn’t indicate my course of study

I don’t have a sponsor but at that time I had about 2million in my account and he said he can provide me with a sponsor if I paid 250k and I negotiated and we agreed and I paid

After then I paid another 100k for visa fee to his account. and what we have agreed on was that he will charge 100k when visa is out

And few days ago he send me messsage that I will be the one to write the SOP accepted I will write the SOP, and I was asking him to give me some information about the sponsors and the amount of money in the Sponsors account.. he told me he can not disclose any information about the sponsors to me for security reasons.

He send me a very quack SOP samples that is enough for that VO to Denied the Visa.

How can I write a good SOP without a detailed information about the sponsor and all.

It was then I realized that this guy just wanted to collect my money and send anything to the embassy, because I see he has nothing to lose if I got denied

He also told me that I will have to pay his 100k services charge when I’m going for my biometrics and that was not our initial agreement

I’m 31 years old I’m married but I’m not legally married I have a 6months old baby right now. He said all that does not matter that he will include all of that in my application to boost my chance I have been an hustler ever since my secondary school days sponsoring my self and my sister to school We have parents but they are not well to do because my father is a retired military man and mum don’t work.

My work experience is not really in line with the course I study in school

Because I had worked in School as client attendant and also work in a private organization in production department as a production staff
And I use my car as a side hustle for Uber

I actually wanted to tell the agent not to submit my application to the embassy because getting a denial will have a lot of negative effect on my status later in the future and I may not know how to correct them.. and he do not want to refund my money back to me

Please house what can I do Please do not ignore my message in the name of God! Insult and constructive critics are also welcome�

Should I just forget about the admission and the visa application because I’m sensing denial or is their anything I can do that will boost my chances..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Seansoft:
My brother I’m really fed up he said he can not release the information of the sponsors to me for security reasons.
Bro free this agent na he has nothing to offer base on what you said it's obvious he is only after your money don't let him complicate the issue for you .Applying for BSC at 31years should know the guy is taking the wrong path
This is something you can do yourself it's all about researches and make this Nairaland your plug in.
Many success stories have been shared here based on the fact that people came here and learnt a lot and did it themselves
Sit down,research and do this process yourself
P.S STOP THAT AGENT FROM SUBMITTING THAT APPLICATION.
It will save you From a lot of Mental stress!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Pls who has recently applied to Humber college?
How long does it take?
Is there a WhatsApp group for people applying to Humber?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
olasubomy:
Hello House,

Is there anyone who has been able to book one of the government-designated hotels for the 3 days quarantine? Please share your experience of how you went about this.

I have tried to call the phone line 1-800-294-8253. published on the CIC website. Each time I call, it puts me in the queue and goes on for more than an hour without an agent attending to me.

I would really appreciate the feedback from someone who has successfully booked one of the hotels.
Why not go to the website of the hotel listed and check for their customer service Email where you can send them the necessary information you need to ask am sure they will respond and help with the booking and how to go about the process!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
Seansoft:
Good afternoon house, I don’t know if I’m doing this right because I’m new to this Nairaland , someone just introduced me to this thread as well, because I’m in a serious dilemma right now, I really need help and please anyone that really wish to offer me help should please do so, I need advice on what to do if it is not too late for me, because I’m hooked right now

I have a BSC in Economics and I graduated since 2012. And I have this ambition of going abroad

He convinced me that I do not need to stress my self applying for a master that I can apply for another undergraduate program that he has a way of getting admission for undergraduate studies from a particular school in canada and then when I get to canada I can decide to work for 2 years and use the remaining 2 years to apply for masters in canada because I will be issued a 4years visa.. He said he will apply at the canada embassy for a second degree on my behalf that what he need to do is to Support the application with a good SOP, he said he’s good at what he does and he has a way to package me and my application before the embassy,

so I agreed and he charge me about 300k for application fees and services charge for admission process and after few weeks the admission came out but it was a conditional admission that doesn’t indicate my course of study

I don’t have a sponsor but at that time I had about 2million in my account and he said he can provide me with a sponsor if I paid 250k and I negotiated and we agreed and I paid

After then I paid another 100k for visa fee to his account. and what we have agreed on was that he will charge 100k when visa is out

And few days ago he send me messsage that I will be the one to write the SOP accepted I will write the SOP, and I was asking him to give me some information about the sponsors and the amount of money in the Sponsors account.. he told me he can not disclose any information about the sponsors to me for security reasons.

He send me a very quack SOP samples that is enough for that VO to Denied the Visa.

How can I write a good SOP without a detailed information about the sponsor and all.

It was then I realized that this guy just wanted to collect my money and send anything to the embassy, because I see he has nothing to lose if I got denied

He also told me that I will have to pay his 100k services charge when I’m going for my biometrics and that was not our initial agreement

I’m 31 years old I’m married but I’m not legally married I have a 6months old baby right now. He said all that does not matter that he will include all of that in my application to boost my chance I have been an hustler ever since my secondary school days sponsoring my self and my sister to school We have parents but they are not well to do because my father is a retired military man and mum don’t work.

Because I had worked in School as client attendant and also work in a private organization in production department as a production staff

I actually wanted to tell the agent not to submit my application to the embassy because getting a denial will have a lot of negative effect on my status later in the future and I may not know how to correct them.. and he do not want to refund my money back to me

Please house what can I do Please do not ignore my message in the name of God! Insult and constructive critics are also welcome�

Should I just forget about the admission and the visa application because I’m sensing denial or is their anything I can do that will boost my chances..

Hello Sir,

I'm sorry about the dilemma you're in.

Alot of these agents don't care nothing about You. I'm guessing he has your GC key details and also the password to the email you're supposed to receive notifications on. If this is the case, you wouldn't even be aware of any updates on your application. He might just keep asking you for money for no reasons.

If he has refused to refund your money, you might have to forget about the application.
This is to avoid incurring a ban if they find out you used fraudulent bank statements or there's

It's a bitter pill to swallow this one. But It's not the end of everything.
I'm sure you'll find other opportunities to help you fulfill your dreams.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by biyilove200(m): 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hello
Please do not fall victim.
My brother fell victim to this particular agent. He didn't only deny him access to his CIC account, he misrepresented a lot of information and used fake documents(Statement of account after paying 250k for it) and now my brother could be banned.
I’ll advise you apply for a Masters or PGC program to show progression. You do not necessarily need an agent. Equip yourself with the necessary information from this blog. It will end in praise.
Regards.

Seansoft:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2021
Seansoft:

Please just forget that guy before he'll ruin your dreams..
Its obvious he was just after your money。
When I saw that part of him getting a sponsor for you then Omo red flag alert!
Welcome on board seansoft
I know this is gonna be a hard pill to swallow because of the money you sacrificed but for your own benefit, forget about em.. before he lands you into problems bigger than your table can carry which may lead to 5 years ban from ircc.
We'll all try our best here to guide you through the steps.
The ball is in your court.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Izusteph4: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
Izusteph4:
Please how do I order for my GCMS.

@Frankrobbn1
@Lekiboboe
And other gurus

Please someone should reply this...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
Izusteph4:

Please someone should reply this...

Hello,
Look at the attached screenshot to aid you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
olasubomy:
Hello House,

I’m sure the line will be a hot line as many people will be trying to call at the same time. I will advice you try it like midnight so that possibly traffic would have reduced a bit.

Unfortunately they can only be reached on that line. I don’t think there is provision for any other way to get them.

Keep trying I’m sure you will get them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anndav(f): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
olasubomy:
Hello House,

That is the complain of everyone who wants to apply for that service, but I read online that they are working on it , there booking lines will soon be perfected for a better service because their will be serious issue if things are no corrected on time .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
awys:

Why not go to the website of the hotel listed and check for their customer service Email where you can send them the necessary information you need to ask am sure they will respond and help with the booking and how to go about the process!!!

Thanks @ Awys but unfortunately, you cannot book by contacting the hotel directly, everyone has to book via the government-designated phone line published on their website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by omojehovah(m): 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
Anndav:

That is the complain of everyone who wants to apply for that service, but I read online that they are working on it , there booking lines will soon be perfected for a better service because their will be serious issue if things are no corrected on time .

Book your hotel
Hotel stopover bookings are managed by GB Travel Canada Inc., and are available by phone only.

If your flight to Canada is scheduled within the next 48 hours, call to reserve and pay for your mandatory 3-night hotel stopover:

1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America)
1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America)
Regular hours of operation: 8 am to 11 pm ET, 7 days a week. Calls received after hours will be limited to emergencies.

You'll be able to choose from the listed hotel locations and be required to provide:

traveller name(s)
date(s) of birth
gender (male, female, or undisclosed)
arrival city and date
confirmation of flight reservation
payment information
special requests and accessibility concerns
pet information
email address
Travellers will receive email confirmation of their accommodation within 4 hours of booking.

Costs of these hotel stopovers may vary by location. The price will include costs associated with the:

food
room
security
transportation
infection prevention and control measures
Service standard
The phone line is receiving a high volume of calls at the moment. Thank you for your patience.

Please note you should only call the hotel booking number if you're ready to reserve your room.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yteem:

I’m sure the line will be a hot line as many people will be trying to call at the same time. I will advice you try it like midnight so that possibly traffic would have reduced a bit.

Unfortunately they can only be reached on that line. I don’t think there is provision for any other way to get them.

Keep trying I’m sure you will get them.

Thanks Yteem, i will try that out. I hope they streamline the process of booking these hotels on time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
Anndav:

Thanks a lot, Anndav!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
omojehovah:

Book your hotel
Hotel stopover bookings are managed by GB Travel Canada Inc., and are available by phone only.

If your flight to Canada is scheduled within the next 48 hours, call to reserve and pay for your mandatory 3-night hotel stopover:

1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America)
1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America)
Regular hours of operation: 8 am to 11 pm ET, 7 days a week. Calls received after hours will be limited to emergencies.

You'll be able to choose from the listed hotel locations and be required to provide:

traveller name(s)
date(s) of birth
gender (male, female, or undisclosed)
arrival city and date
confirmation of flight reservation
payment information
special requests and accessibility concerns
pet information
email address
Travellers will receive email confirmation of their accommodation within 4 hours of booking.

Costs of these hotel stopovers may vary by location. The price will include costs associated with the:

food
room
security
transportation
infection prevention and control measures
Service standard
The phone line is receiving a high volume of calls at the moment. Thank you for your patience.

Please note you should only call the hotel booking number if you're ready to reserve your room.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html

Thanks a bunch for these info, omojehovah!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Shayee35: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2021
Good evening everyone. Has there been a slew of BVL and PPR in the last few weeks? My medical changed to passed on Jan 28 and radio silence since then. I have refreshed my profile tire, no passport request yet; my mind is longer in Nigeria. Just ranting and want to encourage us all to keep believing that the best will always happen for us. Have a good weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
Summe:

PG. My flight is on the 9th of March by God’s grace.

When is your course starting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2021
Tim4humanity:
Hello Everyone In the house, I can't thank you guys enough for the life saving information you all post here, that's why I always come here when I need helpful information. Well long story short, I think I might have hit a stumbling block with my study abroad journey. I just received my refusal letter from the Canadian embassy and my refusal was based on these two reasons :
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Based on the second point, I presented 23m naira as my proof of funds from a joint estate account owned my me and my sister (i also stated in my SOP and presented a letter signed by my sister that the funds in the joint estate will be directed towards my education in Canada). I don't know why they gave the refusal based on the first point.
Adding to this; I have a bsc in Information Technology, I applied for a PG diploma in Data Analysis in Langara college Vancouver. The only work experience I have related to this course was in my nysc service year (2019/20), will the gap in employment affect my application ?.
Please, our travel abroad guru's in the house @Frankrobbn1, @JustMellow
can be of any help please.
I just need some assistance on how I can tackle this issue and structure my next SOP during my next application. Thank you very much.
Whats Your bsc grade, 2.1 or 2.2?
And how much did you declare?
Who's your sponsor ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2021
feistymikey:
Good morning everyone, please does anyone know if I can use an IELTS General training result for a study permit.

I have gotten admission already from a school that didn’t require it because I’m a citizen of Nigeria.

But I’m thinking I should add it to my application as a supporting document just incase.

I wrote this Particular IElTS exam last year when I thought I was going to apply for PR / express entry whatever

Thank you in advance for your response
Do General, so u can use it to kill both Nse and PR birds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
Gooday! I submitted my NSE documents Feb 8th and got submition confirmation the following day but my eligibility review hasn't started instead showing is in progress, they will let me know when it starts. I wanted to ask if there is a problem! Although my MBS was not submitted because my sponsor lives in Canada but his BS was submitted with LOE . Please she'd some light.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2021
Izusteph4:
I got my refusal this morning��though the refusal has been effected since January but I wasn’t notified up till this morning ...

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

@Frankrobbn1, JustMellow and other gurus in the house, Please help a brother because I wish to reapply.

I submitted NSE requirements December 18 with IELTS 7.5 and 26kCAD (3.6m in naira and 10k USD both in my mother’s name)first bank account statement. Also based on assets I have landed properties worth about 18million naira in my late fathers name. Please how do I respond to this issue
What's your discipline?
What's your grade, 2.1 or 2.2?
What course are you going for in canada?
How much is your school fees?
The landed properties isnt in yu name and there's no legal means to verify that it has been transferred to you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
Izusteph4:

I studied social work BSC
No job experience I am just 23 and I finished my NYSC august last year
I applied for a PGD in Human Resources management
Oh okay, social work n HR mgt, I'm not sure it relates to each other, also what's your grade?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
Seansoft:

Please and please, run, see if you can stylishly get back any money you have paid, but whatever be the case, DONT I repeat DONT allow him to submit or process your visa application. Else, he will ruin your chances of being able to travel to Canada or any other country for that matter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rootiab:
I dont think social work and human resources management actually do relate. May be go for something that relates with your bsc. Since you dont have work experience
You're right
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
Izusteph4:

Ok but if that is the case why did they state that the reason for my refusal is because of the fact that they are not satisfied that I will leave Canada after studies based on purpose of visit, financial status and personal assets
Yes na, because they feel u just want to leave your country and come to Canada..since your purpose of visit doesn't convince them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You don't have to wait prior to applying for your visa. Since the window for tuition payment opens in April, you can apply for your study permit and once payment has been made, you can send a copy of the tuition receipt to IRCC via webform.

It will end in praise

Thanks a lot. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
Bobinho10:
Gooday! I submitted my NSE documents Feb 8th and got submition confirmation the following day but my eligibility review hasn't started instead showing is in progress, they will let me know when it starts. I wanted to ask if there is a problem! Although my MBS was not submitted because my sponsor lives in Canada but his BS was submitted with LOE . Please she'd some light.
you dont need to worry or fear...till my application got approved, eligibility didnt start...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
I really don’t know about the UG application process.
Teeebabyyy:
Is it the same thing for UG program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Psychosocial: 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hello Friends,

I just got the NSE request letter. I am self-sponsored. They said I need to provide a bank statement for 6 months and 12 months of bank history.

I submitted 3 statements, 2 from First Bank, and 1 from UBA totalling #5.4m and $10,000USD. These funds haven't all been sitting in the account for 12 months o; in addition, I have also made tuition deposit of about $18,000CAD even before submitting my application. First bank is not listed among the banks that subscribe to the mbankstatement facility.

They said if I don't reply to the request in 30 days, the application would go through the normal process.

Does this mean my file processing would be on hold pending when I supply the statements or not?

My program is for Spring 2021, starting in May. What do you think I should do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (736)

German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.