Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,232 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (876083 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:
Thank you everyone for your help. I have been blessed by this platform. I have successfully landed in Canada an I have started my 14 days quarantine, I’m open for any questions. God bless

Congratulations, thank God for safe landing.

Canada will favour you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
I got my admission into University of Alberta and have applied for visa. I am hopeful. Pls ask your question here, I dont know how that Sending email thingy via NL works

Jon3nity:
Any university of Alberta aspirant or student here, I'd like to get some information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oghogho1313: 6:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hi House,

Would applying for a study visa and creating an EE profile be an issue? Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
prospectiveapp:
Hello who has has heard anything from MUN for Masters Fall 2021

MUN's final decision comes from the 8 weeks after course deadline, not after submission, my guess is that early birds who submitted on time will after 8 weeks of deadline receive decisions, while other applications will get theirs around 9-12 weeks.

When was your application submitted? Mine was 25th January, I am expecting decision by 3rd to 4th week in March. That did be 8 weeks after deadline, and 9th week into submission.

Just pray along, it will end in Praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2021
deommanuel:

Hello,

Were you asked to show your enrolment letter in the airport in Nigeria?
Yes pleass
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SandyTom: 7:04pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hy Guys please I need your help, I am new here and need advice like a lot.
1. I am a graduate of Mass Communication 3rd Class but I want to go for a Diploma/Certificate in Hospitality Management. I was told I could apply for it but I needed to explain why I am going for the study. The thing now is do I need my degree certificate to apply? I need your candid opinion and advise. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2021
Royalty95:

Please what do you mean by declaration receipt? Sent a mail.?please attend
I’ve replied your mail. The declaration receipt is printed after you’ve scanned your passport with the machine and filled the declaration form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2021
SandyTom:

1. I am a graduate of Mass Communication 3rd Class but I want to go for a Diploma/Certificate in Hospitality Management. I was told I could apply for it but I needed to explain why I am going for the study. The thing now is do I need my degree certificate to apply? I need your candid opinion and advise. Thank you

Fo u have experience with hospitality management?

You can go for a PGD or advanced diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jon3nity(m): 7:14pm On Feb 22, 2021
elizyous:
I got my admission into University of Alberta and have applied for visa. I am hopeful. Pls ask your question here, I dont know how that Sending email thingy via NL works

Congratulations.
I'm applying for Msc Internetworking (course based) and I need to get information on some certain issues.. Like
Which wes evaluation delivery method to use
How to properly fill my IRCC information.
Total costs

Here's my email jon3nity.oj@gmail.com or you can drop yours, I'll greatly appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 2roodi(f): 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
SandyTom:

Yes, you do.
If your fear is that you came out with a 3rd class; no worries, it wouldn’t affect your chances of getting a PGD/PGC admission.
Like the person has rightly told you, you need to explain why you intend on pursuing that course.
All the best SandyTom!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stephanie94: 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2021
2roodi:

Hi Stephanie!
Firstly, yes you can definitely apply for a PGC with a 2.68 CGPA. You should consider Cambrian College, they offer a good Early Childhood Education program (co-op).
However, I don’t quite understand your backstory, can you please clarify. So you are currently doing your masters and at the same want to apply for a PGC?
Thank you for your reply, I am currently doing my Masters in Literature in Deutschland. But I’m not happy doing the course, can my ongoing masters be a red flag to the VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
Thank you. My deadline was February 15th. So I would probably get a reply in April.
Thaiy:

MUN's final decision comes from the 8 weeks after course deadline, not after submission, my guess is that early birds who submitted on time will after 8 weeks receive decisions, while some applications will get theirs around 9-12 weeks.

When was your application submitted? Mine was 25th January, I am expecting decision by 3rd to 4th week in March. That did be 8 weeks after deadline, and 9th week into submission.

Just pray along, it will end in Praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
Admission Letter from Conestoga College just dropped.

Applied December 19, 2020
Got Admission February 22, 2021

I am to pay 1500 CAD before March 24.

Please how do I make this payment and what's the amount in naira.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LJF11: 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:

Okay.
I didn’t spend time at all at the POE. After landing I took a long fast walk to the declaration machines, I scanned my passport there and filled the declaration form,my receipt was printed. Then I stood in line to wait for the next available officer. The officer I met just asked for my COVID test, declaration receipt and my passport, he then asked what I’m coming to Canada to do. I said I was a student. Finish. He allowed me in. Then I went to the study permit section( where my permit will be printed), the officer told me to put all my study documents on one side of the table, see checking. She was checking, asking me questions, she asked me like 3 questions, it took her 20mins to finish checking. Then she printed my study permit and attached it to the passport. Omo. I was so happy at that instant but I didn’t show it. So it is now compulsory to do COVID test at the airport, I spent like one hour there, registration+the test( make sure you have number and address of your university) . During that period, I found the cab man that my school sent to pick me up so at least my mind was settled, I won’t be out in the cold for too long. I did the COVID test then I went to drop my stuff in the car, I went to find something to eat at the airport.
Then I was ready for my 1 hour 15 minutes drive to my university quarantine residence

Congratulations Bro, so what study documents did you put down, you didn't tell us the 3 questions she was asking for 20 minutes and your reply to those questions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SandyTom: 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
2roodi:

Yes, you do.
If your fear is that you came out with a 3rd class; no worries, it wouldn’t affect your chances of getting a PGD/PGC admission.
Like the person has rightly told you, you need to explain why you intend on pursuing that course.
All the best SandyTom!

Thank You so much!! But in the case that my Degree Certificate is not ready what do I do?
So confused
Thanks once more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SandyTom: 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2021
Anon123:

Fo u have experience with hospitality management?

You can go for a PGD or advanced diploma

I actually don’t, that’s why I want to go for the Diploma/ Certificate in it.
Confusing I know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayibo1: 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2021
Good evening people
pls I need advice
First of all....I applied for human resource management at conestoga college, ontario...I did educational management during my degree days which I bagged Dec 2017...so..I used school as employment ties..like I'm currently working in a secondary school...can that work for me as employment ties by saying they gave me a year study leave..after that, I will come back and serve them again for like three years in which a lawyer has signed bond agreement between the school and I..then salaries are paid in cash and it's not that much..23k-35k..I was given payment vouchers as proof of salaries..so pls..do u think this will work for me as home ties?
They also promise they will pay me salary during my stay in Canada too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MamaIva: 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2021
What school are you attending??

Qcanvs38mimi:

Okay.
I didn’t spend time at all at the POE. After landing I took a long fast walk to the declaration machines, I scanned my passport there and filled the declaration form,my receipt was printed. Then I stood in line to wait for the next available officer. The officer I met just asked for my COVID test, declaration receipt and my passport, he then asked what I’m coming to Canada to do. I said I was a student. Finish. He allowed me in. Then I went to the study permit section( where my permit will be printed), the officer told me to put all my study documents on one side of the table, see checking. She was checking, asking me questions, she asked me like 3 questions, it took her 20mins to finish checking. Then she printed my study permit and attached it to the passport. Omo. I was so happy at that instant but I didn’t show it. So it is now compulsory to do COVID test at the airport, I spent like one hour there, registration+the test( make sure you have number and address of your university) . During that period, I found the cab man that my school sent to pick me up so at least my mind was settled, I won’t be out in the cold for too long. I did the COVID test then I went to drop my stuff in the car, I went to find something to eat at the airport.
Then I was ready for my 1 hour 15 minutes drive to my university quarantine residence

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2021
feclela:
Admission Letter from Conestoga College just dropped.

Applied December 19, 2020
Got Admission February 22, 2021

I am to pay 1500 CAD before March 24.

Please how do I make this payment and what's the amount in naira.

Thanks

What session pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2021
September 21

Anon123:

What session pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2021
Olayibo1:
Good evening people
pls I need advice
First of all....I applied for human resource management at conestoga college, ontario...I did educational management during my degree days which I bagged Dec 2017...so..I used school as employment ties..like I'm currently working in a secondary school...can that work for me as employment ties by saying they gave me a year study leave..after that, I will come back and serve them again for like three years in which a lawyer has signed bond agreement between the school and I..then salaries are paid in cash and it's not that much..23k-35k..I was given payment vouchers as proof of salaries..so pls..do u think this will work for me as home ties?

I have an issue here.. A visa officer seeing this will wonder how can you fund yourself with a salary of 35k..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2021
feclela:

September 21

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayibo1: 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
Anon123:

I have an issue here.. A visa officer seeing this will wonder how can you fund yourself with a salary of 35k..
my mum is my sponsor though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
SandyTom:

I actually don’t, that’s why I want to go for the Diploma/ Certificate in it.
Confusing I know.

Pls go for an ADVANCED diploma. You might not make the requirements for PGD/C. Possibility is there but slim

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
Olayibo1:

my mum is my sponsor though

Then I will advice you don't include that pay slip cos the visa officers handling applications now will use anything as a denial reason
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
Have you paid you tuition deposit? If yes, how ? And what is exchange rate?

Olayibo1:
Good evening people
pls I need advice

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
feclela:
Have you paid you tuition deposit? If yes, how ? And what is exchange rate?

You can use flywire or you can pay someone there and the person pays for you. Trustworthy person pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2021
Trustworthy ni problem...lol

Anon123:

You can use flywire or you can pay someone there and the person pays for you. Trustworthy person pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
Flywire is charging 407 naira to 1CAD.

That's outrageous

Anon123:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
feclela:
Flywire is charging 407 naira to 1CAD.

That's outrageous

Check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
[quote author=feclela post=99327876]Flywire is charging 407 naira to 1CAD.

That's outrageous
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
Kkddyit:

It should be 20 business days.

wrong answer. It's 20 calendar days

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.