Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864717 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Icekyng: 12:17am On Dec 28, 2020
Please has anybody heard of this new UN-Tapped visa route called “Blue Print” before ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maprince4: 12:22am On Dec 28, 2020
Thanks

olasubomy:

Good evening,

If you have not yet made any payment, you can try the other panel of pshysician if they have an earlier date for you to book for your medicals.

But if that is the earliest date you are able to secure, you would need to be patient. I dont think you will be able to manoeuver anything than to just wait for the 19th January should in case none of the two panel of physician has an earlier date than the 19th.

Hopefully, IRCC progresses your application further and sends you medical request before that date.

I wish you success and it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 12:34am On Dec 28, 2020
whizqueen:
The gods will not be pleased with me if I don't post an update.
STUDY PERMIT APPROVAL TIMELINE AND APPLICATION DETAILS

TL SUMMARY
First-time applicant for Fall 2020, undergraduate (17 yr old at application date), the program is Bachelors of Comm, Institution is MUN.
School admission applied - Dec 20th, 2019
Admission letter received - Feb 10th, 2020
Applications Submitted - May 22th
Biometrics Request - May 23rd
Upfront medicals at IOM Lagos - May 26th
Medicals passed - June 16
AIP - Aug 6th
Registered for online courses - Aug 15th
Biometrics completed - Aug 25th
Started classes online in Nigeria - Sept 9th
Ordered GCMS - Sept 9th
Delivered - Oct 9th
BVL - Nov 2nd
PPR - Nov 3rd
Passport sent thru VFS Lagos - Nov 4th
Passport delivered - Dec 16th
Counterfoil and LOI - Dec 18th
Applicant traveled Dec 21st (LOS - YYZ) arrived Dec 22nd.
Study permit & co-op work permit issued Dec 22nd

DETAILED TIMELINE **Warning Super long post ahead**

After arriving in Canada as a PR in Sept 2019, I remember promising my kid sister at the airport on my departure not to worry that she would join me in a year. It was my 2020 mission to secure a study permit for her. Thankfully it happened. embarassed kiss cry

I applied for admissions to 3 schools in Ontario (UOttawa, Carleton, and Uwindsor), my mistake at this point was not confirming the tuition fees first before applying. Applied on Oct 7th, 2019 on OUAC to all 3 schools and paid 323.25 CAD. About 2 weeks later we got an admission letter from UOttawa, she didn't get the french Immersion program which means she would have to pay full tuition as an international student. Tuition was over 18k per term whaaaaaaaat!!!! angry Who's gonna pay that? Defintely not me undecided Windsor sent admission and Tuition per term was equally high. Never heard from Carleton and didn't follow up either.

Mission two was to find a more affordable institution. Research started and landed on Memorial University. I connected with a friend schooling there and he assured me it was a good institution. I later found that the school was subsidized by their provincial govt hence the cheap tuition. About 12k per year which was fine by me. The admission requirements were IELTS, WAEC transcript, and identification docs. We sent an email stating she was a Nigerian student and the medium of instruction was English requesting to waive the English assessment requirement. We were offered two options, write the test now and get admission or push the test to your first year in school and do an English prerequisite course. We chose the former. So she registered for IELTS academic Nov 23rd, results came out 11 days later and uploaded to the MUN admissions portal. Went to WAEC office where my bro was nicely scammed 20k by touts outside the building shocked, this was cos it was almost Christmas of 2019 and all the offices were about to be closed. We waited till 2020 and paid again to get the confirmation of results sent to MUN in January. Gained admission for B-comm a 5 yr program Feb 10th, 2020.

I wanted a University and not a college for two reasons. 1. She was a teenager, never had a post-secondary education at the time (she eventually got admitted to unilorin tho) 2. I wanted a professional course, she sole aim wasn't just to Japa. Also ensured to find a program with co-op so that she can get work experience while schooling.

She was still in that dead school (unilorin) even tho I'm an alumnae of that institution, the fact that they joined ASUU makes it dead to me. tongue So we couldn't apply for her Visa as she needed to be home for biometrics.

Shortly after she returned home for inter-semester break we applied. The number one of frustration was getting my bank to do their freaaaaking job SMH angry. I wanted to pay tuition from my Nigerian bank and was to send the funds using Form A. Emailed my account officer severally, no response. I finally got in touch with a friend from the bank who told me in all honesty that form A may never work. So I had to pay the tuition from Canada. Also sent 2M to applicants bank as proof of living expenses.

We were to use two sponsors. A parent and sister.

POF documents included sponsor bank statement, fully paid proof of Tuition, applicant proof of living expenses, Sponsor biz account statement, Biz registration docs, Sponsor Money market fund statement, co-sponsor salary bank statement, co-sponsor PFA, and letter of sponsorship from both. All documents were merged for FINANCIAL DOC

Statement of purpose took almost 3 weeks to complete (2 pages). I got about 5 people to review with me via google docs **yeah, I'm extra like that** grin Note we never mentioned she was enrolled in a school in Naija. Please ensure you take your SOP very seriously. TBH If everything else about your application is perfect, if your SOP is crappy you may get a refusal. I wonder how people even consider submitting a visa application without SOP sef.

CLIENT INFO included - SOP, Birth cert, Int'l PP, WAEC result, applicant bank statement, IELTS results (not needed but since we had it, why not), NIN slip. All docs compressed and merged.

My number one fear was ties to Canada. In the family info, we had mentioned myself as a PR living in Canada, I was concerned about providing bank and biz docs for Nigeria whilst living in Canada. Also paid Tuition from there so my bank statement never reflected an outflow of Tuition payment. But none of that mattered I guess or maybe we got lucky. cool I didn't add my PR card as proof of relationship for this reason. I used my Passport instead. No further ADR was requested so I guess that was okay.

The application was submitted May 23rd and medicals done May 26th. Bio requested (next day after application was submitted) but due to lockdown could not go for Bio till Aug 25th, Biometrics was completed on profile same date.

Another wait started. I just had a strong conviction that she was gonna get approved so I encouraged online school against Sept. So we registered for the fall 2020 courses. Got AIP Aug 4th.

I requested GCMS even tho we had received AIP, I just needed assurance I guess GCMS was delivered Oct 9th (exactly a month later) No much details on the notes except "Elig Passed. Pending Biometics".

No further updates on the application whole of Sept and oct but online school was going just fine. In fact we registered for Jan 2021 winter courses without approval yet. Lo and Behold... Nov 2nd, got donotreply email... BVL . Nov 3rd got PPR. Finaallly!!! cheesy We sent passport the next day to VFS Lagos thru DHL. Included return label (which they never used, they claimed they couldn't find it)

Everything in Nigeria is somehow made to frustrate you for some reasons. Imagine how VFS Stressed us before we could get back the passport. It took over 6 weeks. Even tho we called and did several follow ups. To connect to that their useless phone line you may have to dial about 30 times. A lot of instances I had to wake up at midnight EST to connect to an agent. They didn't find the return label so we had to pay for UPS delivery which took another 3 days plus for them to confirm payment and an additional one week to send the passport after receiving payment. OMG!!! These guys have just one job and they never did it right. angry

We hoped she could come to Canada to do her exams due to power and internet situation in Nigeria but no thanks to VFS that never happened.

Eventually, she did the exams in Nigeria and managed all thru.

We had booked several flights and had to cancel hoping passport would come but it never did and we gave up traveling this yr. The passport was finally delivered Dec 16th kiss. I saw how people had waited for several weeks for LOI so we took the bull by the horn and headed for Canada High commission Lagos, day after to request for LOI. Meanwhile, I had sent several emails 2 weeks even before passport came to no avail. LOI was sent same day we went to HC lagos, Dec 18th.

We booked one-way trip via Ethiopian airlines finally for Dec 21st *didn't have to cancel this time* Tho her school is in NL, she landed in Toronto. It was her first time traveling by air and also by herself. I told her to always ask questions if she ever got confused. Travel wasn't' so bad. The immigration checks was a breeze.

Docs asked the airport in Lagos were Passport, proof of tuition, admission letter. Immigration in Canada asked for Enrolment letter, Bank statement (POF), Passport and ArriveCAN code. Officer asked "your school is in NL, why are you here" she responded, "my sister lives here and has made provision for my Quarantine plans". He asked when she resumes for winter term and she responded. That was it.

I picked her up at the airport and finallyyyy, yeeeeeeyyyy I have a family in Canada Halleluyaaaaah!!! embarassed kiss cheesy

Dreams really come true, if you want something. Go for it, fight for it. Don't give up for whatever reasons. It never occurred to me that this whole thing took over a year till now. Some people advised me to just give up and have her focus on her school in Nigeria. Others asked me to not pressure myself to bring a sibling less than one yr after my arrival and focus on settling but I just wanted a better opportunity for my sis. One I never had. The thought that I have to pay so much in tuition yearly whilst getting still getting my shiitss together in this country, freaks me out sometimes. But I know in 5-10 yrs time, (God's willing) I will look back and be glad I made that decision.

End of story cheesy
If you'd like to see a video version kindly check out my YouTube channel and Subscribe link in Signature. cheesy

This is really beautiful to read, very well done. Thank God it ended in praises.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by rhynoemmie(m): 12:45am On Dec 28, 2020
deommanuel:

It depends on your program. I applied for Undergraduate studies and it took only a week.

Please based on the bolded. I go like know, ur studies are you sponsoring yourself or is it funded by d university. If its funded by the university, could you help me with the things you need to get before applying.

But if you're sponsoring yourself, could you help me with the price range. I also want to apply for an undergraduate study by next year.

Or better still can I pm you..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 1:01am On Dec 28, 2020
Whizqueen....

I just read your story and I must say you're doing great in Toronto.

Keep it up girl.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 2:50am On Dec 28, 2020
rhynoemmie:

Please based on the bolded. I go like know, ur studies are you sponsoring yourself or is it funded by d university. If its funded by the university, could you help me with the things you need to get before applying.

But if you're sponsoring yourself, could you help me with the price range. I also want to apply for an undergraduate study by next year.

Or better still can I pm you..

Hello.
My studies are not funded by the University. I'm not exactly sure Canada offers scholarships to Undergrad applicants.
Maybe anyone who's aware of schools can help.

The tuition is approx 15kCAD, with living expenses of 10k.
You can send a pm if you want.

Cheers!

IT WILL END IN PRAISES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:38am On Dec 28, 2020
[

[

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milo9(m): 4:53am On Dec 28, 2020
deommanuel:

I used my GTBANK MasterCard. You can find someone close to you that has one.
I’ve tried this too and didn’t work. How did you do it, please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goodbetterbest: 5:43am On Dec 28, 2020
Whispering:
Hello Paul4canada

Thank you for this update.

I had actually suspected this may happen after I read a post from evergold about authorization letters.

I plan to travel on the 6th with my 3 kids but since theirs aren't study visas, I was worried they may not be allowed to fly. I've applied for this authorization letters but also worried that with the holiday and breaks, we may not beat the deadline. I'm honestly tired with all the back and forth.

Please, aside from their visas and authorization letter, was your wife asked to produce any other documents for your daughter?

Hi there. I applied with my kids...still waiting for approval. What is this authorization letter you speak of? How can one get it? Please keep us updated if its not too much to ask. I pray you meet your deadline. Compliments of the Season
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goodbetterbest: 6:06am On Dec 28, 2020
whizqueen:

TL SUMMARY
First-time applicant for Fall 2020, undergraduate (17 yr old at application date), the program is Bachelors of Comm, Institution is MUN.
AIP - Aug 6th
Ordered GCMS - Sept 9th
Delivered - Oct 9th
BVL - Nov 2nd
PPR - Nov 3rd

Dreams really come true, if you want something. Go for it, fight for it. Don't give up for whatever reasons. It never occurred to me that this whole thing took over a year till now. Some people advised me to just give up and have her focus on her school in Nigeria. Others asked me to not pressure myself to bring a sibling less than one yr after my arrival and focus on settling but I just wanted a better opportunity for my sis. One I never had. The thought that I have to pay so much in tuition yearly whilst getting still getting my shiitss together in this country, freaks me out sometimes. But I know in 5-10 yrs time, (God's willing) I will look back and be glad I made that decision.

End of story cheesy
If you'd like to see a video version kindly check out my YouTube channel and Subscribe link in Signature. cheesy

Yesterday someone who my hubby helped years back and have even forgotten sef came back with the biggest cow I've ever seen to say thank you to him. Gave my kids 10k each in 200 naira mint.

I understand the fear of what lies ahead but do it afraid. The reward is bigger than you think. Not that you are doing it for the reward sef but the fulfillment your heart feels.

The good Lord equip and empower you to do exploits. As you cater for His children, He too will be your good Shepherd providing all you need and guiding you in the way of His light.

Thank you for what you did for your sister. Your children will never lack help. Merry Christmas

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kinzeerichy: 6:51am On Dec 28, 2020
whizqueen:

TL SUMMARY
AIP - Aug 6th
Ordered GCMS - Sept 9th
Delivered - Oct 9th
BVL - Nov 2nd
PPR - Nov 3rd

After arriving in Canada as a PR in Sept 2019, I remember promising my kid sister at the airport on my departure not to worry that she would join me in a year. It was my 2020 mission to secure a study permit for her. Thankfully it happened. embarassed kiss cry

I applied for admissions to 3 schools in Ontario (UOttawa, Carleton, and Uwindsor), my mistake at this point was not confirming the tuition fees first before applying. Applied on Oct 7th, 2019 on OUAC to all 3 schools and paid 323.25 CAD. About 2 weeks later we got an admission letter from UOttawa, she didn't get the french Immersion program which means she would have to pay full tuition as an international student. Tuition was over 18k per term whaaaaaaaat!!!! angry Who's gonna pay that? Defintely not me undecided Windsor sent admission and Tuition per term was equally high. Never heard from Carleton and didn't follow up either.

Mission two was to find a more affordable institution. Research started and landed on Memorial University. I connected with a friend schooling there and he assured me it was a good institution. I later found that the school was subsidized by their provincial govt hence the cheap tuition. About 12k per year which was fine by me. The admission requirements were IELTS, WAEC transcript, and identification docs. We sent an email stating she was a Nigerian student and the medium of instruction was English requesting to waive the English assessment requirement. We were offered two options, write the test now and get admission or push the test to your first year in school and do an English prerequisite course. We chose the former. So she registered for IELTS academic Nov 23rd, results came out 11 days later and uploaded to the MUN admissions portal. Went to WAEC office where my bro was nicely scammed 20k by touts outside the building shocked, this was cos it was almost Christmas of 2019 and all the offices were about to be closed. We waited till 2020 and paid again to get the confirmation of results sent to MUN in January. Gained admission for B-comm a 5 yr program Feb 10th, 2020.

I wanted a University and not a college for two reasons. 1. She was a teenager, never had a post-secondary education at the time (she eventually got admitted to unilorin tho) 2. I wanted a professional course, she sole aim wasn't just to Japa. Also ensured to find a program with co-op so that she can get work experience while schooling.

She was still in that dead school (unilorin) even tho I'm an alumnae of that institution, the fact that they joined ASUU makes it dead to me. tongue So we couldn't apply for her Visa as she needed to be home for biometrics.

Shortly after she returned home for inter-semester break we applied. The number one of frustration was getting my bank to do their freaaaaking job SMH angry. I wanted to pay tuition from my Nigerian bank and was to send the funds using Form A. Emailed my account officer severally, no response. I finally got in touch with a friend from the bank who told me in all honesty that form A may never work. So I had to pay the tuition from Canada. Also sent 2M to applicants bank as proof of living expenses.

POF documents included sponsor bank statement, fully paid proof of Tuition, applicant proof of living expenses, Sponsor biz account statement, Biz registration docs, Sponsor Money market fund statement, co-sponsor salary bank statement, co-sponsor PFA, and letter of sponsorship from both. All documents were merged for FINANCIAL DOC

Statement of purpose took almost 3 weeks to complete (2 pages). I got about 5 people to review with me via google docs **yeah, I'm extra like that** grin Note we never mentioned she was enrolled in a school in Naija. Please ensure you take your SOP very seriously. TBH If everything else about your application is perfect, if your SOP is crappy you may get a refusal. I wonder how people even consider submitting a visa application without SOP sef.

CLIENT INFO included - SOP, Birth cert, Int'l PP, WAEC result, applicant bank statement, IELTS results (not needed but since we had it, why not), NIN slip. All docs compressed and merged.

My number one fear was ties to Canada. In the family info, we had mentioned myself as a PR living in Canada, I was concerned about providing bank and biz docs for Nigeria whilst living in Canada. Also paid Tuition from there so my bank statement never reflected an outflow of Tuition payment. But none of that mattered I guess or maybe we got lucky. cool I didn't add my PR card as proof of relationship for this reason. I used my Passport instead. No further ADR was requested so I guess that was okay.

The application was submitted May 23rd and medicals done May 26th. Bio requested (next day after application was submitted) but due to lockdown could not go for Bio till Aug 25th, Biometrics was completed on profile same date.

Another wait started. I just had a strong conviction that she was gonna get approved so I encouraged online school against Sept. So we registered for the fall 2020 courses. Got AIP Aug 4th.

I requested GCMS even tho we had received AIP, I just needed assurance I guess GCMS was delivered Oct 9th (exactly a month later) No much details on the notes except "Elig Passed. Pending Biometics".

No further updates on the application whole of Sept and oct but online school was going just fine. In fact we registered for Jan 2021 winter courses without approval yet. Lo and Behold... Nov 2nd, got donotreply email... BVL . Nov 3rd got PPR. Finaallly!!! cheesy We sent passport the next day to VFS Lagos thru DHL. Included return label (which they never used, they claimed they couldn't find it)

Everything in Nigeria is somehow made to frustrate you for some reasons. Imagine how VFS Stressed us before we could get back the passport. It took over 6 weeks. Even tho we called and did several follow ups. To connect to that their useless phone line you may have to dial about 30 times. A lot of instances I had to wake up at midnight EST to connect to an agent. They didn't find the return label so we had to pay for UPS delivery which took another 3 days plus for them to confirm payment and an additional one week to send the passport after receiving payment. OMG!!! These guys have just one job and they never did it right. angry

We hoped she could come to Canada to do her exams due to power and internet situation in Nigeria but no thanks to VFS that never happened.

We had booked several flights and had to cancel hoping passport would come but it never did and we gave up traveling this yr. The passport was finally delivered Dec 16th kiss. I saw how people had waited for several weeks for LOI so we took the bull by the horn and headed for Canada High commission Lagos, day after to request for LOI. Meanwhile, I had sent several emails 2 weeks even before passport came to no avail. LOI was sent same day we went to HC lagos, Dec 18th.

We booked one-way trip via Ethiopian airlines finally for Dec 21st *didn't have to cancel this time* Tho her school is in NL, she landed in Toronto. It was her first time traveling by air and also by herself. I told her to always ask questions if she ever got confused. Travel wasn't' so bad. The immigration checks was a breeze.

Docs asked the airport in Lagos were Passport, proof of tuition, admission letter. Immigration in Canada asked for Enrolment letter, Bank statement (POF), Passport and ArriveCAN code. Officer asked "your school is in NL, why are you here" she responded, "my sister lives here and has made provision for my Quarantine plans". He asked when she resumes for winter term and she responded. That was it.

I picked her up at the airport and finallyyyy, yeeeeeeyyyy I have a family in Canada Halleluyaaaaah!!! embarassed kiss cheesy

End of story cheesy

Please, about the Bank Statement (POF) that was asked by immigration in Canada, did you tender the one you used to apply or a recent and updated one?? Also, is the sum in it thesame with the one you used to apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bidemialade43: 7:48am On Dec 28, 2020
whizqueen:

TL SUMMARY
AIP - Aug 6th
Ordered GCMS - Sept 9th
Delivered - Oct 9th
BVL - Nov 2nd
PPR - Nov 3rd

End of story cheesy
The Lord is your strength oh... so we still have good people out there who are willing to help at all cost....
My own Aunty Dey Germany and all she keeps saying is, that young girl has turn biggy girl oh...: I was present when my sister gave birth to you oh so respect me....
I think I’ll need to copy and paste this your write up on our family group on Whatsapp..... if family go spoil make he spoil....

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2020
bidemialade43:

The Lord is your strength oh... so we still have good people out there who are willing to help at all cost....
My own Aunty Dey Germany and all she keeps saying is, that young girl has turn biggy girl oh...: I was present when my sister gave birth to you oh so respect me....
I think I’ll need to copy and paste this your write up on our family group on Whatsapp..... if family go spoil make he spoil....

Please copy and paste. No waste time grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2020
Lol, the sooner Africans realize nobody owes u anything the better. If they do fine, if they dnt chase ur own goals urself. We go all be aunty and uncle too

bidemialade43:

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2020
Good morning sir, please please please help me with the link you are using to check yours, maybe it is different from mine please.

sleekcheek:
I can still see mine. You will need to contact you test center as advised

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toceenay(m): 8:53am On Dec 28, 2020
deommanuel:

I'm not exactly sure Canada offers scholarships to Undergrad applicants.
Maybe anyone who's aware of schools can help.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES
YES, Canada offers scholarships for undergraduate... I'm sure of University of New Brunswick... Huge one for undergraduate studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by whizqueen(f): 9:03am On Dec 28, 2020
Kinzeerichy:

Please, about the Bank Statement (POF) that was asked by immigration in Canada, did you tender the one you used to apply or a recent and updated one?? Also, is the sum in it thesame with the one you used to apply?
A more recent one. Btw it was the applicants’ bank statement not sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by whizqueen(f): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2020
bidemialade43:

Lol thanks.. abeg no cos trouble for family group oo new year don almost reach
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by whizqueen(f): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2020
Goodbetterbest:

Yesterday someone who my hubby helped years back and have even forgotten sef came back with the biggest cow I've ever seen to say thank you to him. Gave my kids 10k each in 200 naira mint.

Thank you for what you did for your sister. Your children will never lack help. Merry Christmas

Amen! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you as well kiss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2020
they said they are on holiday, there is no one to call now. please do you have anyones number that i can call? also please, did you request that the copy be sent to or they just sent it theirselves? is there any area at your back office that u will request for the copy to be sent to you? please you can reach me on 08103035073. thanks

sleekcheek:
Contact their customer care and they will advise u

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2020
Please does anyone know any College (s) that their tuition deposit is low like Conestoga ?

Planning to apply for PGC in HRM

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by rhynoemmie(m): 10:35am On Dec 28, 2020
Toceenay:

YES, Canada offers scholarships for undergraduate... I'm sure of University of New Brunswick... Huge one for undergraduate studies

Thanks man but are you aware of their requirements needed. Do they offer the funding on arrival or before.

Your response will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by rhynoemmie(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2020
deommanuel:

The tuition is approx 15kCAD, with living expenses of 10k.
You can send a pm if you want.

Cheers!
IT WILL END IN PRAISES

Thanks for responding, please do they let undergraduate work and study too?

Please Is there something else you need to get through the front door asides Intl PP, IELTS & WAEC results
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2020
I can imagine what you are going through now. My advise is to wait till they resume for the new year and if possible go to their main office in the state where u are.

I do not have anyone’s number u can call

I did not request for the hard copy, they are to courier to your address themselves. It was also announced on the day of the exam

jogojogo:
they said they are on holiday, there is no one to call now. please do you have anyones number that i can call? also please, did you request that the copy be sent to or they just sent it theirselves? is there any area at your back office that u will request for the copy to be sent to you? please you can reach me on 08103035073. thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ckechi: 11:11am On Dec 28, 2020
rhynoemmie:

Thanks man but are you aware of their requirements needed. Do they offer the funding on arrival or before.

My initial admission to UNB was for January 2020 and when I tried to apply for a scholarship, they said they don't give out scholarships during the winter term. So, if you're applying, you should apply for the Fall term and even then, it's very difficult for them to give an international student a scholarship. If you need more information, please check their website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2020
Legacyedition:
Profile and documents submitted.

Course: PG diploma in Business administration
Resumption date: May 2021.

Academics:

LOA
University degree certificate (2016)
Academic transcript
NYSC certificate
Waec certificate
Testimonial

Proof of fund.

Fathers CAC cert
Tax clearance
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit
Statement of account with more than $30kCAD
Evidence of first term tuition payment $6,000
Personal savings account statement close to 4m.

Proof of employment

My company CAC cert registered 6 years ago
Other CAC documents.
25 pages 6 months Company corporate bank statement of account showing 28million naira transaction during pandemic.
Business receipts
Executed contracts

Home ties.

Wedding cert
Wife's birth cert
2 siblings birth cert
Fathers passport
Personal SUV worth 3.7m ( This might not serve as ties but shows we no dey go Canada cos we are hungry. Lolz)

Others:

Police report ( That Alagbon certificate grin)
Duolingo English test .
6 pages SOP .
Mybankstatements

We can't know the VO concerns till we see GCMS note.

Being following this thread since April this year. Trust me, I actually submitted with the hope of knowing my application weakness then attach letter of explanation by next application. From that time till September, we mostly hear of ppr by second application. Someone here got it at his 4th application.

My SOP study plan might also be poorly documented, couldn't get someone to proof it for me then cos everyone was busy, I had to submit early October. Got admission since August.

Thanks for the mentions guys.

What is duolingo test doing there? Tot you were specifically asked for Ielts...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by nickvanilla(m): 11:33am On Dec 28, 2020
Icekyng:
Please has anybody heard of this new UN-Tapped visa route called “Blue Print” before ?

It's the home care pilot program. Nothing special there. Something a guy on youtube is selling for £50 or thereabouts. You apply for a job as a home care giver, your employer also processes your work visa and you move. It also aids in getting PR as a job offer in Canada gives 200 additional points.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2020
whizqueen:

TL SUMMARY
AIP - Aug 6th
Ordered GCMS - Sept 9th
Delivered - Oct 9th
BVL - Nov 2nd
PPR - Nov 3rd

End of story cheesy
This right here is inspiring.
Congrats to you and your sister.
I would testify too by next year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toceenay(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2020
rhynoemmie:

There are different scholarships for students, check their website to know which one you qualify for!
Check money matters - scholarship - high school

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:47am On Dec 28, 2020
Toceenay:

Woow!
Thank you for pointing that out!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heffalump(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2020
JustMellow:
This thread is running really fast. I wish that the good news of Part 17 continue to flow into this Part 18.

BTW, who has paid NBCC's Confirmation Fee from within Canada. What's the process?

May Canada's soil be under everyone's feet soon!

@JustMellow, you're just wonderful! Thanks for the efforts you and other fellows put to sustain this thread.

May I ask you this question please, if you got an admission for a Master's program in Canada and applies for scholarship to support your tuition in the same University, to what extent will this singular action affect the approval of your student visa should you apply to IRCC for permit? Please your opinion. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2020
rhynoemmie:

Thanks for responding, please do they let undergraduate work and study too?

Please Is there something else you need to get through the front door asides Intl PP, IELTS & WAEC results

Yes, most study permits come with work permits. But you can work for a maximum of 20hours a week. I don't know if it differs with the provinces.

You'll need your sponsor's bank statement, documents to prove ties to home country( like sponsor's assets). I'm going to find the thread where a successful UG applicant listed the documents he used. You don't need to have all though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.