Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862431 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 30, 2020
So the new year is going to begin with me still refreshing my GCKey account in hope of new updates? This IRCC people no get joy at all! Last night I even dreamt of myself landing in Canada, and this morning I had to again check my GCKey account upon waking up, and still checking, nothing!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teejhay5: 6:45am On Dec 30, 2020
I got my request for medicals and a new admission letter( because I deferred) on October 5th
My agent submitted a new admission letter on the same day I got the request via email
Did my medicals on October 30th, showed passed medicals on November 4th
After a while of not hearing from IRCC, I asked around and someone told me I was meant to submit the admission letter via web form
After submitting via web form (October 13th ) my profile updated to all necessary document received
December 17th I got my first corresponding letter but to date, I have not gotten any passport request
What can I do or has anyone experienced this before? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 7:10am On Dec 30, 2020
HALELUYAH, MY RESULT IS OUT NOW. THANKS A MILLION

Listening7.5
Reading7.5
Writing6.0
Speaking8.0
Overall7.5

PLEASE I DONT HAVE THE HARD COPY OF MY RESULT, TODAY IS THE DEADLINE, BUT I HAVE MY TRF NUMBER, CAN I SEND THE ONLINE RESULT WITH THE TRF NUMBER WITH EXPLANATION OF DELAYED HARD COPY RESULT?

sleekcheek:
I can imagine what you are going through now. My advise is to wait till they resume for the new year and if possible go to their main office in the state where u are.

I do not have anyone’s number u can call

I did not request for the hard copy, they are to courier to your address themselves. It was also announced on the day of the exam

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sirromey(m): 7:38am On Dec 30, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please who is using Lufthansa to Toronto today? 11:55pm flight?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2020
iampaulsmith:
It’s no longer active. There is a “Replacement overdue” showing there.
I just want to be able to keep tabs on ghost update since my eligibility review started for almost a month now and it’s hard doing that with “your action is required”

Hello Bro
Did your Eligibility Review start before the 1 month NSE period expired?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:45am On Dec 30, 2020
Meeny123:

1)Admission Letter
2)School fees receipt
3)Proof of Funds (N20m)
4)Letter of financial support from her husband
5)Affidavit for sponsorship (Can be done in Ikeja High Court)
6)Letter of introduction from her workplace
7)Sponsor employment letter
coolsponsor work ID
9)Sponsor payslips (6 months)
10)Sponsor letter of introduction
11)Student employment letter
12)Student work ID
13)Sponsor landed property
14)Certificate of business incorporation
15)Statement of Purpose (Very important)
16)Birth certificate (Husband & Wife)
17)Police Report
18)Wedding picture
19)Wedding certificate (Ikoyi Registry)

That’s basically it. She didn’t do upfront medical because of fear. Lol. But I will advise people to do the upfront with faith.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES

Thank You kind Sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Teejhay5:
I got my request for medicals and a new admission letter( because I deferred) on October 5th
My agent submitted a new admission letter on the same day I got the request via email
After a while of not hearing from IRCC, I asked around and someone told me I was meant to submit the admission letter via web form
After submitting via web form (October 13th ) my profile updated to all necessary document received
December 17th I got my first corresponding letter but to date, I have not gotten any passport request

Since you deferred, when are you supposed to resume?

I've heard alot that when one receives medical request, it's a very good sign that PPR would follow.
If you have some more time, just be patient.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2020
Hi guys,

Anyone experiencing ghost update at the moment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 8:20am On Dec 30, 2020
MzMisty:
Hi guys,

Me. I think it is a positive sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 8:21am On Dec 30, 2020
Yes, my eligibility review started 8 days after I got the NSE request letter and I didn’t submit any of the document.
deommanuel:

Hello Bro
Did your Eligibility Review start before the 1 month NSE period expired?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2020
Good morning, my medicals has still not been updated. I’ve sent nails to those emails that were quoted earlier and sent web forms to the Kenya office. What should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 8:25am On Dec 30, 2020
Finally! Since the deadline is today pls send the online result. If possible add a letter explaining your situation

jogojogo:
HALELUYAH, MY RESULT IS OUT NOW. THANKS A MILLION

Listening7.5
Reading7.5
Writing6.0
Speaking8.0
Overall7.5

PLEASE I DONT HAVE THE HARD COPY OF MY RESULT, TODAY IS THE DEADLINE, BUT I HAVE MY TRF NUMBER, CAN I SEND THE ONLINE RESULT WITH THE TRF NUMBER WITH EXPLANATION OF DELAYED HARD COPY RESULT?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 8:35am On Dec 30, 2020
Meeny123:
I cannot thank you guys enough. Especially for the Abuja VFS heads up.

Timeline for my cousin, who got her passport today.

1)Applied on August 6
2)Medical request on November 23
3)Medical done at IOM Lagos on December 7.
4)Medical passed on December 12
5)Passport request December 16
6)Two-way courier was sent through DHL on December 18 (a Friday)
7)Application was received on Monday, December 21 and sent to IRCC on the same day
coolDecision envelope was dispatched from IRCC on Wednesday, December 23
9)Decision envelope was received by VFS Abuja on Thursday, December 24.
10)Contacted DHL to know if they are picking up packages from VFS Abuja, they said yes.
11)Shipment was put on hold because of the holidays. But it was shipped into Lagos on Saturday.
12)Today, Tuesday December 29, DHL delivered around 1pm.
13)She leaves for Canada next week.

Applications are never the same. What worked for A may not work for B. Do your best and leave the rest to God. These entry officers no dey check everything. I think they just apply discretion.

Never give up. IT WILL END IN PRIASE.

Pls what documents did she submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 8:38am On Dec 30, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Omo na to defer oo

What about your background check as it started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teejhay5: 8:51am On Dec 30, 2020
deommanuel:

Since you deferred, when are you supposed to resume?

I've heard alot that when one receives medical request, it's a very good sign that PPR would follow.
If you have some more time, just be patient.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES

I deferred from fall to winter. So I’m resuming winter 2021

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 8:56am On Dec 30, 2020
MzMisty:
Hi guys,

Hi, what office is processing your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 9:11am On Dec 30, 2020
Qcanvs38mimi:

Hi, what office is processing your application

Nairobi, Kenya.

Did you get a ghost update yesterday?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Meeny123: 9:11am On Dec 30, 2020
MadeMan01:

Congratulations
Did she still pay in-house courier charges despite two way DHL courier payment?

No. It was only the DHL two-way courier payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2020
MzMisty:

Nairobi, Kenya.

Did you get a ghost update yesterday?

Yes I did, has your medicals been updated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bisolaemilia(f): 9:19am On Dec 30, 2020
How do you know you have a ghost update??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2020
Qcanvs38mimi:

Yes I did, has your medicals been updated?

Yes it has. Dec 1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2020
bisolaemilia:
How do you know you have a ghost update??
It will show application/profile updated and later disappear..in few days you'll now see an update..it happens anytime they update ur profile at the backend!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oladapo2020: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Meeny123:
I cannot thank you guys enough. Especially for the Abuja VFS heads up.

Timeline for my cousin, who got her passport today.

1)Applied on August 6
2)Medical request on November 23
3)Medical done at IOM Lagos on December 7.
4)Medical passed on December 12
5)Passport request December 16
6)Two-way courier was sent through DHL on December 18 (a Friday)
7)Application was received on Monday, December 21 and sent to IRCC on the same day
coolDecision envelope was dispatched from IRCC on Wednesday, December 23
9)Decision envelope was received by VFS Abuja on Thursday, December 24.
10)Contacted DHL to know if they are picking up packages from VFS Abuja, they said yes.
11)Shipment was put on hold because of the holidays. But it was shipped into Lagos on Saturday.
12)Today, Tuesday December 29, DHL delivered around 1pm.
13)She leaves for Canada next week.

Applications are never the same. What worked for A may not work for B. Do your best and leave the rest to God. These entry officers no dey check everything. I think they just apply discretion.

Never give up. IT WILL END IN PRIASE.

What are the documents needed after you have gotten the visa now? what about the letter of introduction? letter of authorization? These are the things I heard from different places. Do you mind sharing what is needed till one flies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babhydoll: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2020
Babyboy2020:

What about your background check as it started

Is there a difference between background check and eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by alowole: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2020
feclela:
While I'm waiting for Conestoga College on my admission application, I want to apply to one more school from the following and I need recommendation from gurus.
1. Algonquin College
2. Gorge Brown College
3. Camosun College
4. Durham College
5. Humber college
6. Keyano College

Program going for is PGC in HRM.
My Qualification: HND
Questions:
1. Which is better?
2. What is the initial deposit fee for the above Colleges.

Any information will really be appreciated.

There are other colleges with good tuition fee like College of the Rockies in BC (Cranbrook)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2020
MzMisty:

Yes it has. Dec 1
When did you do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2020
Babhydoll:

Is there a difference between background check and eligibility review?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babhydoll: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2020
Babyboy2020:

Yes
Oh please what’s the difference, I’ve an agent handling my process that’s why I don’t know most of this things
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bisimo: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2020
Teejhay5:

Rest and wait for PPR! CANADA STRAIGHT

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Papapa1234: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2020
Is this for real?
godguy:

angry angry angry angry angry

are you saying it takes 9 months for them to process study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 10:47am On Dec 30, 2020
You know the pgwp is just a year. Doesn't give enough time for someone to do all this preparation.

Chocs:
None

For PR, you need to get points up to the cut off. It doesn’t matter whether the point is from a college or university. You can learn more about how PR works, just google “express entry Canada”

The points can be calculated using the CRS score tool. You can google it and try to simulate your score as well and see what and what you need to get up to the cut off.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 10:51am On Dec 30, 2020
Babhydoll:

Oh please what’s the difference, I’ve an agent handling my process that’s why I don’t know most of this things

Background check (BGC) is a procedure to verify the criminal and/or security background of visa applicants to ensure they’re admissible to Canada. This involves criminality check, security screening and information sharing and most times involves the support of Canadian Security Intelligence service. At this stage IRCC is reviewing to be sure the applicant wont pose a security threat to Canada. This is the stage where the IRCC does country by country information sharing with other countries like the USA, UK etc to see if they have any information on the applicant that poses security threat or risk. Sometimes they can check social media platforms Linkedln, facebook etc for further checks.

While Eligibility review is confirming if the applicant is a genuiene student and truly intends to study in Canada. This is a critical part of the application At this stage, a visa officer of the IRCC reviews the applicant statement of purpose or letter of explantion, letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution, career progression, home ties, proof of funds etc. Sometimes based on their discretion, they can contact the current employer for confirmation of his/her employment status. This is where they make thier decision whether to grant an approval.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.