Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861399 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 9:26am On Mar 11, 2021
Hello fellows in this journey. I sent webform and email to all the available offices and got a response from Nairobi today saying Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

We trust that this information suffices in responding to your enquiry.

Regards,
Also I checked my GCKey yesterday and saw that my eligibility review has started. Does the above message from Nairobi means I would get an update on my application soon?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 9:35am On Mar 11, 2021
Benquip:
Hello fellows in this journey. I sent webform and email to all the available offices and got a response from Nairobi today saying Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Regards,
Also I checked my GCKey yesterday and saw that my eligibility review has started. Does the above message from Nairobi means I would get an update on my application soon?
That reply is generic. i got that reply over 2 weeks now and nothing from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 9:35am On Mar 11, 2021
Everoy83:
Good morning house,

Was just about to upload my documents for the NSE, (IELTS test result and MBA). Upon opening my GC Account, l found a new message asking me to submit my passport as a decision has been made on my application.

At this point, l need guidance as l don't know if l should bother uploading my document again and just go and submit my passport.

Also, what documents do l need to do to submit my passport? I need guidance.

WOW!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 9:44am On Mar 11, 2021
mrkingz:

Greetings,
I have been having issues using the web form; i am trying to upload my upfront medical info sheet.
once it gets to the point of clicking on ''NEXT'' where it takes you
to where to upload the eMedical information sheet, the thing will just hang!
Is there anyone experiencing same too? Or is there something i am not doing right?
Thank you.

If you are trying this on your phone or tab it will not work. Please use a laptop.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mrkingz: 10:14am On Mar 11, 2021
Kkddyit:

If you are trying this on your phone or tab it will not work. Please use a laptop.

I am using my laptop. Not a tab or phone..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by scaezar: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2021
Thanks bro. Yea the Lawyer was sort of expensive. Thanks a lot bro.. Ill update with the progress. Booked for medicals already and i sent a mail to the school.
Frankrobbn1:

This is a good news, Congratulations to you. You did the right thing by getting an experienced immigration lawyer in Canada to respond to the Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) you received from IRCC. Good lawyers are very pricey, however, It's really worth the money and time hiring one for your case.

The medical request you got from IRCC clearly indicates that the visa officer is reasonably satisfied with the response and supporting documents supplied by the immigration lawyer. Hence, your eligibility criteria for study permit has been passed.

You shouldn't be scared about anything, you can contact the admission office of your prospective school in Canada to inquire about the possibility of reinstating your admission with them. If it matters, you may want to pay for application fees for readmission.

Keep me posted about the outcome of your application.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by scaezar: 10:33am On Mar 11, 2021
Mehn. Thanks bro. I think you were one of the people that replied me back in Feb 2020 to write a good LOE.
Appreciate that!
JustMellow:

Hello Scaezar,

Big Congratations on your persevering feat. You can swiftly get in touch with the International or admissions office requesting for the possibility re-validate your admissions.

If possible, reach out on phone while also sending emails. Also target the administrative secretary and be very persuasive with your entreaty.

Again, Big Congratulations!

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by CrownTdan: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2021
Good day Gurus in the house.

Can a friend(s) stand in as my sponsor for my Study permit application - fully funded SOA and letter of support.

If yes, how best do you think we can go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Mhegar,

From what I understand from your post, if you still need the scholarship to study abroad, you have to request or notify the issuing body for its availability.

On whether you can get the scholarship back after a long duration boils to the policy of the issuing body. The best way to find out is by reaching out to the body.

If this scholarship isn't from a notable body that can easily pass any means of verification process, it is best for you to request the funds to be liquidated and make available to you otherwise, get another POF to support it.

Best of Luck

Good day Frank, from what you said here, it means that if the company isn't a recognised one, they should atleast maybe send even if it's your first say fees to your account right?
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2021
Hello, please what documents did you send along side your passport. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 10:57am On Mar 11, 2021
Benquip:

Regards,

It means your application is being worked on.

As for when you would get an update, no one can say when. Just do well to exercise patience and keep praying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 11:16am On Mar 11, 2021
Thank you so much boss!
Molly90:
On this, there are some tips on IRCC page. If I remember you might need to crop out excess paper space and change to black and white if coloured. Submit like that. Guess they use magnifying glass (lol)... In the past on this thread, someone submitted blurred documents too and she was approved. Another removed some pages from the statement, can’t remember if she got approved.

Do what I mentioned, crop, change to black and white. Submit like that with the other documents then send just the statement again with explanation stating the blur through webform. I hope this helps. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2021
Testimonytime:

I believe you do another affidavit that you found the missing passport. And you can continue using it until the old one is ready. On another thought, thread carefully because your passport could have been cancelled, you may need to notify them at the immigration office to know the position.

Thank you so much for this advice.I have thought of so many possible options too. I will be visiting the NIS with an affidavit of lost but found. I also sent the passport number to a friend this morning who validated on the NIS portal and still saw it as active.
They should stop delaying people's progress with their incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mastmony: 11:34am On Mar 11, 2021
It means your passport is being worked on....kindly check your Gckeys for update

JC101:
Did you submit to lagos or Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MamaIva: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2021
Congratulations�����
When did you apply?

Everoy83:
Good morning house,

Was just about to upload my documents for the NSE, (IELTS test result and MBA). Upon opening my GC Account, l found a new message asking me to submit my passport as a decision has been made on my application.

At this point, l need guidance as l don't know if l should bother uploading my document again and just go and submit my passport.

Also, what documents do l need to do to submit my passport? I need guidance.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by khosen: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2021
Please House, those in Canada... Did anyone travel by egyptair? Please what was your experience with them?

They are the cheapest airline to Toronto as compared to others,the price dey fear me lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
skull4eva:

which office did you submit to and did you get a mail?
I submitted to abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
How did you do the submission?

Debbyiiii:

I submitted to abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Everoy83: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
Application submitted: January 30, 2021
Biometrics: February 2, 2021
NSE Letter: February 18, 2021
Passport Submission: March 11, 2021

Trusting God to perfect things.

Rootiab:
congrats. please share timeline

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2021
Everoy83:

wow. GOD IS WONDERFUL. BIKO SHARE YOUR PRAYER PLAN WITH ME.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
First or second time applicant?
Everoy83:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2021
Good afternoon house please i got a mail from VFS that goes thus
Dear Abodunrin,

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre in Nigeria.

Kindly be informed that your passport is in transit to the Visa Application Center.
You will be notified as soon as it is ready for collection
please what does this imply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
When did eligibility review start?
Everoy83:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Everoy83: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
First time Applicant

Bobinho10:
First or second time applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OduntanMofe(m): 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2021
Good day house. YOU CAN NOW GET MYBANK STATEMENT TICKET FROM FIRST BANK.

Go to the nearest branch, request to see the customer service. They might not understand you since First Bank is new to the platform. Tell them to send a mail to FirstContact requesting you need your account sent to the canadian embassy.

The headquarters know what to do and they will process it within 2 days. Your sponsor would be requested to fill a document and pay a fee of N1000.

Simple as that. I found out people have been experiencing this issue so I decided to share.

Goodluck!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babhydoll: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
Finally my eligibility review started since after submitting my nse documents December 17, for October applicants that they haven’t started your eligibility check o, mine started today. The lord that started this would end it well��

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
I just counterfoil and Correspondence letter

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2021
ozone00001:
How did you do the submission?

I submitted from lagos through ups two way courier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2021
I am a new person on this platform. please I want to ask.can someone sponsor himself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
Molly90:
On this, there are some tips on IRCC page. If I remember you might need to crop out excess paper space and change to black and white if coloured. Submit like that. Guess they use magnifying glass (lol)... In the past on this thread, someone submitted blurred documents too and she was approved. Another removed some pages from the statement, can’t remember if she got approved.

Do what I mentioned, crop, change to black and white. Submit like that with the other documents then send just the statement again with explanation stating the blur through webform. I hope this helps. I wish you all the best.

Did you try smallpdf.com? It can reduce the size and still give good quality.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2021
Has any February study permit applicant heard back?

Timeline
AOR: Feb. 11 2021
Applying for May 2021 session
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Andrewtee122: 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
It has ended in praise!!!!!
I'm so happy!!!

BVL & PPR dropped

29 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.