Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862841 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 7:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Benquip:
Biometrics completed since November 23rd, Eligibility review started 2 weeks ago after sending mail and webforms to All the IRCC center, This Friday is deadline to submit confirmation letter to school and I am presently in my 11th week of lectures online... No response from IRCC on either BVL or PPR .. Is there anyone with a similar situation?

Wow! 11th week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
Please anyone in PH to recommend an estate surveyor for me. Will be glad.

And again, is it important one evaluate properties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
Spectro:

My apologies for being somewhat abrasive with a previous post.

Subsequently, I will not be making posts on here again.

I wish everyone a great and uplifting news as they await the final decision on their applications.

No need to be upset concerning what happened. You both were airing out your opinion and I think it is a good thing. Please keep commenting on the platform as we are learning from you as well...

I do know that Canada visa is based on grace and luck. I am a living witness. What works for Man A may not work for Man B

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
Abbeylicious:
REQUEST FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION ON THE IMPLICATIONS OF RECENT DIRECTIVE BY IRCC ON CHANGE OF DLI

Good day and Happy Easter!

I sincerely thank the gurus in the house for their previous explanation on the implication of recent update by IRCC on change of DLI. However, I will kindly request for your guidance and suggestion as regards my current sitiuation:

My student permit was approved late last year and I started attending online class this year January. I later travalled to Canada late January and collected my Student Permit at POE, obtained the SIN and opened a bank account.Thereafter, I got information about another university in another province entirely that offered a program that I am interested in. I then requested that my current program be moved to May session by the university which was granted. I immediatley applied for an admission to the program in the new university which starts by Septmber 2021.

Based on this development, I returned back to Nigeria by Mid February, since I had aksed my current school to move me to May session and my new program will be starting in Septmber 2021 (In order not to go against the terms of the SP). I have just been accepted by the new university and I will be paying the acceptance fee this week.

In line with the recent development, can I still go-ahead and just upade my GckEY account with my new DLI detail?. Or how best do you think I should handle this? I am still in Nigeria and planning to travel back in Septmber when my new program will commenence.

N.B: Both progarms are Master program in Business related field.(Not entirely same course). I do not intend to resume class in May with the 1st univeisty since i have been accepted in the new DLI.

I look forward to reading your contributions on the implication of this directive on my above specific case.

Hello Abbeylicious,

You should do the change of DLI from within Canada. I believe your return is for obvious reasons known to you, IF not, I would say you could have volunteered for community service or any humanitarian organization fighting against COVID-19 in Canada. Good ties to Canada esp when applying for PR (PNP).

Since you've begun studies with school A, resume with school A in May and request for a change of school to B. [You can't just bail like that except if maybe no classes had been taken, then you can resume directly with school B by only updating your GcKey and/or notifying IRCC via CSE from within Canada.]

When school A sanctions it, automatic credit transfer will be initiated and if any down payment was made, the number of classes taken will be subtracted from it and the balance transferred too, or as it may be.

You are now a bonafide student of your school, reach out to the international office or admission office to know the implications of the classes already taken (online) before anything. This will help you understand if you will be resuming in May or September.

If the implication(s) as advised by your school (A) is reasonable that you can resume school B without the need for credit transfer despite the taken online classes, then you can resume in September (by effecting the change from within Canada) IF:

• You've not officially requested an official transfer of credits to the new DLI;

• The LOA of school A is still valid and can provide course registration for online studies in school A 'if' asked at the POE;

• You will remember to say at the POE that you're resuming school A instead of B. Technically, applicants can study online from outside Canada 'till December 31st, 2021, and can still come to Canada for the completion part (or the PGWP) later on.

For any further clarification, let me know.

Best of Luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bukkysanni: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

You can either do a Program related to your undergraduate or your work experience (at least 1 year)

Before I proceed with my own input, it will be ok if your clarify this

You said

"I did 2 other courses from the chartered institute of customer relations management and chartered institute of human resource management",

Was your NYSC work experience or your present work experience related to HR/customer relations?

Thanks for your reply! It means a lot to me cheesy
Im currently looking for a job in an academic setting the school has primary, secondary and University institutions I don't know where I will be placed upon my employment. During my Nysc I taught basic science, agricultural science and computer science at a private secondary school that I was posted to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
MsJanez01:

Wow! 11th week
My Application is now 4months and a week, still no response from IRCC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Jesusrules24:
Hello everyone,

I applied for Visit visa for my spouse and now I want to change it to Spousal Open Work Permit.

Can I withdraw the application I have already submitted? My spouse has only gotten bvl, so nothing has started as I only applied 2 weeks ago.

And if I withdraw it via the webform, can I immediately submit another application for SOWP.

I'll appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Hello Jesusrules24,

While not give it some time. Despite IRCC not attending to VV applications, some are however prioritized especially for the immediate family of a Canadian citizen or PR and spouse or dependent children of international students, or an adult accompanying a minor to come to Canada to help the minor settle.

If you will be resuming soon or already commenced study, you can watch how it will play out till after your first semester. Then you can decide to withdraw and apply for the SOWP from within Canada.

For now, you can send a webform to IRCC by reminding them of the need or importance of why your spouse needs to be with you in Canada without delay. I see you applied 2 wks ago, but one simple affectionate webform and/or email will not do any harm.

If the VV would be prioritized may boil to the necessity or reasons for the spouse to accompany or come to Canada.

Withdrawing now means an automatic refusal, so why not observe for a while before a hasty decision. Finally, once withdrawn, you can apply almost immediately.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hello Anon123,

Please I'm interested in this can you send a mail to me: ilesanmiolayinka8@gmail.com

Anon123:

Flywire dont show the items that cumulates to the total amount but I believe taxes or other items are hidden but can't be visible to you.

Finally if you wish to pay the tuition fee, I sell cad and also help to pay. No transfer charges attached
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2021
Benquip:
i guess your eligibility review must have started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Raalsalghul: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
ajikaz2003:
Study Permit processing time for Nigeria is now 19 weeks. ���

Mehn!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes to get admission decision from Crandall University, Newbruskwick after applying? For both Master of Management and Master of Organisational Management (International).

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jesusrules24: 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Thank you so much for your response.

Just to be clear, are you saying that if I apply to withdraw the application, I can immediately reapply? I do not have to wait for feedback from Ircc.

Once I submit the webform for withdrawal, I can start another application?

JustMellow:

Hello Jesusrules24,

While not give it some time. Despite IRCC not attending to VV applications, some are however prioritized especially for the immediate family of a Canadian citizen or PR and spouse or dependent children of international students, or an adult accompanying a minor to come to Canada to help the minor settle.

If you will be resuming soon or already commenced study, you can watch how it will play out till after your first semester. Then you can decide to withdraw and apply for the SOWP from within Canada.

For now, you can send a webform to IRCC by reminding them of the need or importance of why your spouse needs to be with you in Canada without delay. I see you applied 2 wks ago, but one simple affectionate webform and/or email will not do any harm.

If the VV would be prioritized may boil to the necessity or reasons for the spouse to accompany or come to Canada.

Withdrawing now means an automatic refusal, so why not observe for a while before a hasty decision. Finally, once withdrawn, you can apply almost immediately.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ketima:
Please anyone in PH to recommend an estate surveyor for me. Will be glad.

And again, is it important one evaluate properties?

Yes please, I also want to know if it's important to evaluate one's properties, does it help boost the visa application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2021
Spectro:

Okay, let me clarify some things to you, because it is clear you don't have experience in the area of loans for academic studies abroad. But I know people who do.

A person may have 100 million Naira in their account, but there are various reasons a VO may refuse a person's visa request.

A bank statement communicates a great deal of things.

100 million Naira doesn't always mean availability of funds. If a VO sniffs even the slightest of falsehood, it raises suspicions.

Now, a course mate of mind got his study visa with bank loan. He got loan to foot in first semester tuition, and he covered the rest. He had ample fund for the rest.

He wasn't refused.

The point I am trying to make here is that there's so much that goes into visa processing that many people do not know.

A person who seems to have a perfect visa application may be refused for reasons best known to VOs.

And a person who seems to have a less perfect visa application may get the acceptance.

However, one thing is certain. People can get student visa via student loan if done right.

Secondly

Lenders do not give you loans before the visa is approved... They do so after the visa is approved.

Therefore, even if people are refused visa, it doesn't make them indebted to the lenders. The loan arrangement can be canceled.

However, what happens most cases is that they provide borrowers with loan documents that they can present to VOs for student visa application.

If international students weren't taking loans, organizations like Mpower will not exist. They certainly will not excel to this day. A lot of Indians do it too.

Paying back

Student loans arrangements are different from regular loans. In most cases, students only pay a small amount of interest monthly until several months after graduation.

These things have been done in such a way that it doesn't result in students slaving for hours even as they study in school.

I understand this is not something you have experience with.

You are absolutely right, I know people that got their visas with loan

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 10:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
Na wa! But why did they now say its 20days? That's misleading na.

It will end in praise las las.

mankind5050:
It takes about 3 month.
There may be no contact with u since u already submitted NSE requirements.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
olabisi6438:

i guess your eligibility review must have started
Yes it has started, I started March 4th when I first sent Webform and mail.. Also that was when the processing time was 14 weeks now it's 19weeks and its has still exceeded the standard processing time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
Good evening

I'm about applying for my study permit and I wanted to ask that gurus in the house ,Do I need to submit my High school transcripts, I already have my WAEC results Nd IELTS results? I'm going for my undergrad degree.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by irijuola: 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Irijuola,

Travellers who had travelled together are allowed to quarantine together for the 3-night mandatory hotel stay. For further information on the number of persons allowed in a room—may depend on the size of the room or hotel policy—reach out directly to the hotel for more enquiry.

Best of Luck

Thanks. Now I have peace of mind.
Now, in case you are landing on 15th and want to join me to quarantine for the 3 days hotel, kindly DM me. Female please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Anon123,

The point you laid out is the norm and correct, no doubt. But OP's point of view is also very correct. Remember there are different ways to make a woman happy.

Study loan isn't popular with Nigerians because of its unavailability and uneasy access. The government is nonchalant to look into this area that can benefit Nigerian students more.

Anything that involves immigration concerns justifiable evidence and critical explanation; whether it's false or not. If you do some research, you will understand that some Nigerians studying abroad took study loans.

This can just be taken as reverse psychology of the visa norm for Nigeria's international students.

One love bro!

Duly noted boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 10:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
Yk45:
Hello Anon123,

Please I'm interested in this can you send a mail to me: ilesanmiolayinka8@gmail.com

Sorry for the late reply..
Just sent a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dayjeee(m): 10:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
ucystan:
Please i am interested in this Loan option, and i already know a foreign body that can loan me if i am able to get an admission in one of their selected schools, but what worries me is if i will be granted a Study permit on a loan, won't this be like a red flag already?

Are there other supporting documents i will need to submit to convince the VO that i will and can pay?

If you dont mind, i sent you an email. Pls
Thank u

hello, can you assist me with organisations that offer study loan? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 10:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
Bukkysanni:
Hello everyone. I have been following the discussions here for some time now and ive been really happy and impressed about how priceless information is been dished out for free and about how friendly people are on this platform and so i decided to join this great family because I know I can grow and improve myself through the information shared here.
I have some questions concerning pgd in canada. I graduated 2019 with a 3rd class in botany and I finished Nysc last year November. I want to go for a pgd course because that's the only way I know I can go for my masters. I did 2 other courses from the chartered institute of customer relations management and chartered institute of human resource management during my Nysc based on Nysc recommendation. I've been following this trend now and with what has been said previously about choosing courses it might be a bad idea to choose any course not related to my undergraduate course of study [or in my case is it different?]. Now my questions are
1.what are my chances of getting Canadian study permit for a pgd course.
2. What courses will the house recommend I go for for the pgd course.
3. When should I start my online application for January intake?
I don't know the answer to these questions that's why I'm asking embarassed I will be very grateful if my questions are answered. Thank you

For the bolded, you just need to have or have had prior experience in the intended course.

1) the chances are equal to getting a visa with masters. So many people here have been approved with a pgd.
2) what course do you have experience in Botany or HR.
3) you mean january 2022 admissions, that should be towards may. For visa, immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
Abbeylicious:
Good day and Happy Easter!

Thank you for your detail explanation on the implication of recent update by IRCC on change of DLI. However, I will kindly request for your guidance and suggestion as regards my current sitiuation:

My student permit was approved late last year and I started attending online class this year January. I later travalled to Canada late January and collected my Student Permit at POE, obtained the SIN and opened a bank account.Thereafter, I got information about another university in another province entirely that offered a program that I am interested in. I then requested that my current program be moved to May session by the university which was granted. I immediatley applied for an admission to the program in the new university which starts by Septmber 2021.

Based on this development, I returned back to Nigeria by Mid February, since I had aksed my current school to move me to May session and my new program will be starting in Septmber 2021 (In order not to go against the terms of the SP). I have just been accepted by the new university and I will be paying the acceptance fee this week.

In line with the recent development, can I still go-ahead and just upade my GckEY account with my new DLI detail?. Or how best do you think I should handle this? I am still in Nigeria and planning to travel back in Septmber when my new program will commenence.

N.B: Both progarms are Master program in Business related field.(Not entirely same course). I do not intend to resume class in May with the 1st univeisty since i have been accepted in the new DLI.

I look forward to reading your contributions on the implication of this directive on my above specific case.

quote author=JustMellow post=100448756]

Hello lekan,

If the SP has been issued, the person can change DLI (or program) without reapplying or submitting a new SP application. This is why it is often advised to effect the change from within Canada rather than outside. All to be done is update the GcKey account with the rightful information.

Effecting the change—of DLI and not the program—from outside Canada when an application has been approved and before the SP is issued is what IRCC refers to by stating the need to submit a new SP application for consideration.

Even if the DLI change was effected from outside Canada, the person doesn't necessarily have to apply for a new study permit IF the person's GcKey was updated with the new information (and IRCC was notified via the webform – unconventional)

Ultimately, based on the explanation thus far; a change of DLI or Program, it can be done without the need to reapply for a new SP.

I am open to further queries if it's not clear.

One love bro!

Wait!

You don go Canada finish this year, still come back

I’m shocked

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Harbay30(f): 2:47am On Apr 06, 2021
Hello everyone,

Pls I need help as to how to bring my dependents into Canada to join me. My hubby won't be coming with them, will i need a study visa for them as well? They are ages 8 and 5 and I will also i will like to know if I can apply for a visiting visa for my mom so as to help in bringing them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 4:09am On Apr 06, 2021
Sent a mail

Anon123:

Sorry for the late reply..
Just sent a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dlastcapricorn: 5:52am On Apr 06, 2021
Ade2303:
Please who knows schools with high acceptance rate and low tuition fee that can accept second class lower for a masters in physics and electronics in Canada?

Asking for someone, please do reply ASAP

Was going through the threads and your post caught my attention. Our case is similar, I’m also a graduate of Physics and Electronics, finished with Second class lower. I’m looking for school that can accept this result for PGD in any physics related PGD course..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lyndaa22: 7:13am On Apr 06, 2021
Benquip:

Mine is 7 months going to 8, I applied since September.. let’s just keep praying, I am certain that it would end in praise for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 7:32am On Apr 06, 2021
Lyndaa22:

Mine is 7 months going to 8, I applied since September.. let’s just keep praying, I am certain that it would end in praise for all of us.

Did you go through NSE or normal route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 7:42am On Apr 06, 2021
Lyndaa22:

this is bullshit honestly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bukkysanni: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2021
Anon123:

For the bolded, you just need to have or have had prior experience in the intended course.

1) the chances are equal to getting a visa with masters. So many people here have been approved with a pgd.
2) what course do you have experience in Botany or HR.
3) you mean january 2022 admissions, that should be towards may. For visa, immediately.

Taking my SIWES into consideration, I have more experience in botany. I don't have any experience in HR or CR.
I mean being accepted into the school for January intake. Or is it not possible? Should I have to wait till May?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2021
TennieYF:

Did you go through NSE or normal route?

NSE or Normal route doesn't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 8:05am On Apr 06, 2021
Lyndaa22:

Hope you've ordered GCMS notes. I'll suggest you bombard them with mails everyday. When is your program starting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.