Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (863881 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:55pm On May 03, 2021
Rootiab:
I no wan travel again. I don tire. My school has sent 3 letters already aside from the other ones from whereever. Just to enter one country. Biko who wants visa oooo.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 1:59pm On May 03, 2021
Dolex86:
I'm also a March 12 applicant.. No NSE too and Eligibility review hasn't started but saw a ghost update yesterday!
Let's keep our fingers crossed
It will end in PRAISES!

What is ghost update abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by honeycandy(f): 3:33pm On May 03, 2021
Hello everyone, I would appreciate if someone can offer to help me review my SOP. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 3:50pm On May 03, 2021
allisgood:
Good day house, Please i submitted my study permit application dec 11 2020 ( normal route, not nse) , did biometric 18 2020 and upfront medical at IOM lagos 22 april 2021. I have two different questions,

1) My upfront medical has not been updated since i did it, i have tried calling the iom lagos office numbers but it is switched off, how else can i contact them and what should I do?

2)I have sent an email to ircc nairobi office concerning my study permit application as i was told that is where my application is now and i should contact them, i also sent webform to them to speed up my application as I start classes may 10 and my study permit application is almost 17weeks, i got a response from them that it is under active review, what should i do?

Hi. We have same resumption date. Which of the schools pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 4:00pm On May 03, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:04pm On May 03, 2021
Nomsy33:
Thanks for your help. I have sent the urgent email and am trying to login to Conestoga admission portal but is saying account or password is incorrect. Please help, can I reset my password? Where can I locate the section for deferment. Thanks

Helo chief, kindly dm as I v a doc to share with u regarding deferring Conestoga Adm. I'm also in d same shoe as yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Good morning to you all

About Medical Expiration, I want to get something clear.
Is it that one's medical mustn't expire before arrival in Canada?

Case Study
For Someone who did his/her medical on August 18, 2020, is such person still good to go to enter Canada like August 10, 2021

@Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Anon123 @Spectro

Yes it's still valid. On cic website, it stated 1 year as expiry date.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 4:35pm On May 03, 2021
Kayyyy:

I wish u and I could switch dates. My flight is currently booked for May 7th. Lol

Irony of life, am seriously working with/for that 7th, So help me God!

Anybody travelling on 7th May, Toronto precisely via Lufthansa Airline, let's hook up as travel buddies.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:40pm On May 03, 2021
I'm looking for travel buddies for 29th May. Lufthansa to Montreal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 4:51pm On May 03, 2021
Rootiab:
I no wan travel again. I don tire. My school has sent 3 letters already aside from the other ones from whereever. Just to enter one country. Biko who wants visa oooo.

Is this truly coming from Rootiab? You that started complaining of delay barely one month after submission of application tongue? This life no balance finally smiley

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:52pm On May 03, 2021
oyibo4real:

Is this truly coming from Rootiab? You that started complaining of delay barely one month after submission of application tongue? This life no balance finally smiley
lmao. Na so I see am oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:53pm On May 03, 2021
oyibo4real:

as I tell my parents about hotel for 3 days them shout. Na why I push my travel forward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 4:53pm On May 03, 2021
Rootiab:
I'm looking for travel buddies for 29th May. Lufthansa to Montreal

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 4:55pm On May 03, 2021
Rootiab:
as I tell my parents about hotel for 3 days them shout. Na why I push my travel forward

I understand. This Canada waka no easy oo, but it surely would be worth it at the end. GOD'S GRACE TO ALL OF US, AMEN!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 4:56pm On May 03, 2021
Amen
Spectro:
By the powerful name of the Most High God, may your week be blessed.

For those awaiting PPR, may this new week bring forth good tidings.

May there be showers of PPR this week.

May you grow from strength to strength.

May you be in good health.

And may your family know serenity and joy.

It shall be well with you and your loved ones.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ajikaz2003(m): 5:05pm On May 03, 2021
@MzMisty,

Oga o, which office is handling your application? Lagos or Nairobi?

Well, from my research, if Nairobi is processing your application and you receive this type of email from them, it seems your application is not being finalized yet.

If I were you, I will call IRCC Agent on +18882422100 to ascertain both the primary and secondary offices processing my application. Please note that calling an IRCC agent is only accessible to the people in Canada, but there are ingenious and expensive ways people from outside Canada do it. Of course the IRCC Call Centers do not have access to applications that are being processed outside Canada, but they can help you confirm both the primary and the secondary offices handling your application. This will guide you on where to properly channel your follow-up emails.

Best of luck and Congratulations to you in advance.

MzMisty:

Hi Guys,

I hope you are enjoying the public holiday.

Please help analyze this email I got today from Nairobi in response to my email on the status of my application. I have gotten the "your application has been received and is in process" from the Lagos office and "application under active review" from Nairobi on several occasions.

This is the first lengthy email I have received from them. Please any suggestions on what this could mean?

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 5:11pm On May 03, 2021
Hello All,

Please if one has a departmental funding like assistantship, am I supposed to answer Yes to one question on if you have a funding from something something Canada on the visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:14pm On May 03, 2021
JosephYemsol:

Yes it's still valid. On cic website, it stated 1 year as expiry date.
Alright, roger that, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 5:31pm On May 03, 2021
MzMisty:
Hi Guys,

I hope you are enjoying the public holiday.

Please help analyze this email I got today from Nairobi in response to my email on the status of my application. I have gotten the "your application has been received and is in process" from the Lagos office and "application under active review" from Nairobi on several occasions.

This is the first lengthy email I have received from them. Please any suggestions on what this could mean?

Thank you.

Rubbish buh they will issue Indians ppr under 1-2weeks.. everything about Nigerian is difficult why ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by drhammed: 5:39pm On May 03, 2021
Concordia University, Canada now offers a new MSc & PhD in Chemical Engineering.

Email Professors in that department, (see list of Profs below) and apply to join their 1st Cohort.

Also, see research areas in the department in the link below.

Good luck.

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1389253076649922569?s=21

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 5:42pm On May 03, 2021
Anon123:

1) if your intended course is related to teaching and possibility of running an NGO also involved in teaching. With convincing and evidence to back all claims up. You have a chance.

2) Yes, you are to prove how he is related to you. Birth certificates( the uncle, related sibling(either your dad or mum), pictures too. Also mention it in your sop and/or loe if its a reapplication.

3) please do not use company (my 2kobo)

4) yes but optional. You can but it will cost you more cos the certificate is issued in lagos and abuja.

Thanks!

But why did you say i should not use company, why?

And then, this is my first time of applying, do i need to include birth certificate or pictures?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by allisgood: 5:43pm On May 03, 2021
MsJanez01:

Hi. We have same resumption date. Which of the schools pls?

Lambton college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:59pm On May 03, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
thanks very much ..... please break it down. My scul is resuming this may . So that why am asking . I still don’t understand am just 18

Hello Baggiomarrio,

If an applicant is going through the NSE, an incomplete application can be traced to upfront medicals, MBS, IELTS, PCC (optional), Biometrics, etc.

Through the regular stream, an incomplete document can be PCC (optional), BS/MBS (optional except 'specifically' requested), Biometrics, Medicals (requested), etc.

n.b. during the peak of COVID-19, IRCC classified the inability to provide requested document/information i.e. inability to submit additional/requested documents or to give Biometrics, Medicals, PCC (optional for SP) as incomplete document and gave an extension of up to 90 days with the option of an extension.

However, IRCC has now reverted to the traditional rule of 30 days as VAC around the world are gradually returning to their regular activities even if they are still working with limited staff in some parts of the world. IRCC also states that if for some reasons associated to COVID-19 (lockdown), a written letter of explanation should be provided which would be at the sole discretion of the officer to refuse or approve the application.

I hope it is clear now.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 6:04pm On May 03, 2021
Thank you so much for the feedback.

ajikaz2003:
@MzMisty,

Oga o, which office is handling your application? Lagos or Nairobi?

Well, from my research, if Nairobi is processing your application and you receive this type of email from them, it seems your application is not being finalized yet.

If I were you, I will call IRCC Agent on +18882422100 to ascertain both the primary and secondary offices processing my application. Please note that calling an IRCC agent is only accessible to the people in Canada, but there are ingenious and expensive ways people from outside Canada do it. Of course the IRCC Call Centers do not have access to applications that are being processed outside Canada, but they can help you confirm both the primary and the secondary offices handling your application. This will guide you on where to properly channel your follow-up emails.

Best of luck and Congratulations to you in advance.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:08pm On May 03, 2021
JDforeal:

Thanks Justmellow for your response

For more clarity
My sponsor(immediate elder brother) earns 1.1m monthly and has been working in his current job for 8months now with a new bank account but he hardly has tangible balance in his account but currently has 1.6m balance
He has over 8 years progressive work experience

As a family
We’ve been able to raise 10million and plan on sending it to his personal account as sales of property and generate a purchase receipt that would be notarized

Sponsor also has 1.2m in investment account and 6m in pension account
And 5 landed property at purchase price of 7million

Sponsor would pay my first semester fees approx 3m (compulsory to secure a seat) from personal account and also send 5million to my personal account for living expenses for a year

My parents aren’t financially capable, my mom is a pensioner and doesn’t earn much

Please do you think this steps I plan taking is advisable?

Hello JDforeal,

Advised. Just include your father's previous employment, promotion, and retirement letters. So are his IDs and payslips if any, or any other document to portray him as a retired senior citizen.

In order not to just narrate that he has been idle since retirement, if possible, you can draw up a contract agreement and receipt to demonstrate that despite been retired, he still earns painfully through the management and operations of his rental properties and/or haulage business, or as the case may be.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 6:18pm On May 03, 2021
Hello!

Please is it advisable that my company or my working place sponsor me for my study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:33pm On May 03, 2021
RxOtunba:
Hello people, I need update regarding my bro's application, he applied through an agent on 14th December, 2020 and after forcing out login details from the agent today,

I saw that a correspondence letter dropped on 19th April, 2021.....Talking abt biometrics validation.

Same 19th, correspondence letter showing refusal based on purpose of visit, personal assets

Lastly, procedural fairness letter on 29th where the VO talked abt Eco Bank statement not being genuine, and he should respond in 15 days......bank statement is 100% genuine so I plan to send MBS on Tuesday.

My concerns are these;
-Is it possible to get procedural fairness afta a refusal? Or is it that they are trying to reconsider him?

-Application profile states "Action Required" I thought it should be "decision made"

-Profile still shows "we are reviewing your eligibility..." and also "we will contact you when we make a final decision"

Hello RxOtunba,

Nothing is impossible with IRCC. Even if an application has been approved, it can still be refused if the decision was made by an induced error on the part of the officer.

A little story... In some years back, someone who had applied from Singapore after PPR and sending PP for the vignette to be appending – have the shocker of reality when the PP was returned without a vignette and a letter saying the application was approved by error and welcome to reapply.

I am not sure about the number of days the PP stayed with IRCC, but the moral of the story is nothing is impossible until formalizing a successful landing.

The same was also noted sometimes in 2018 or thereabout where approved applications with PPR were still sent for secondary review and refused followed by a PFL. The secondary review was the verification of the financial record.

I believe this explains the situation you presented. Send the MBS coupled with a letter of Reconsideration.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 6:34pm On May 03, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello JDforeal,

Advised. Just include your father's previous employment, promotion, and retirement letters. So are his IDs and payslips if any, or any other document to portray him as a retired senior citizen.

In order not to just narrate that he has been idle since retirement, if possible, you can draw up a contract agreement and receipt to demonstrate that despite been retired, he still earns painfully through the management and operations of his rental properties and/or haulage business, or as the case may be.

Best of Luck

Thanks a lot for your feedback
If I understand you, I should indicate what my parents to in my sop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 6:51pm On May 03, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Thanks!

But why did you say i should not use company, why?

And then, this is my first time of applying, do i need to include birth certificate or pictures?

How do you explain to a visa officer your company is willing to pay a tuition fee worth 4-8m from their own pocket and it won't affect the operations of the company like paying salaries.

If you dont include pictures, how do you further prove that your uncle is your uncle and is related to you from your dad or mum side.

My points is a birth certificate might not be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mavena(f): 6:57pm On May 03, 2021
Hi, please is it compulsory to do ielts exam and if it is compulsory is it hard, what are the odds?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 7:05pm On May 03, 2021
Chimahsom:
Please I did Upfront medical on 20th of April but it hasn’t been updated on my page

Please send the slip that you were given after completion of your medicals via webform and email everyday till its updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 7:14pm On May 03, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Baggiomarrio,

If an applicant is going through the NSE, an incomplete application can be traced to upfront medicals, MBS, IELTS, PCC (optional), Biometrics, etc.

Through the regular stream, an incomplete document can be PCC (optional), BS/MBS (optional except 'specifically' requested), Biometrics, Medicals (requested), etc.

n.b. during the peak of COVID-19, IRCC classified the inability to provide requested document/information i.e. inability to submit additional/requested documents or to give Biometrics, Medicals, PCC (optional for SP) as incomplete document and gave an extension of up to 90 days with the option of an extension.

However, IRCC has now reverted to the traditional rule of 30 days as VAC around the world are gradually returning to their regular activities even if they are still working with limited staff in some parts of the world. IRCC also states that if for some reasons associated to COVID-19 (lockdown), a written letter of explanation should be provided which would be at the sole discretion of the officer to refuse or approve the application.

I hope it is clear now.

Best of Luck
wish I could give you a hug for this .. thanks very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71