Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864599 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 6:15am On May 07, 2021
Alchemist01:
Hello Guys,

Which of the GCMS services is the fastest i.e less than 30 days?

And how do I go about getting my GCMS note for my study permit application?

I believe they’re all the same ie 30 days and above. Takes much more longer these days.

I’ll advise that if you have someone in Canada to order it for you then do so cos that’s the fastest way, and cheaper too I believe.

You can await others input as well.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 6:17am On May 07, 2021
Spectro:
I believe February applicants will be getting PPRs very soon (possibly next week).

Dey go soon finish January own.

I also think they are trying to wrap up earlier applications like those of December, November and October.

March, hopefully last week in May and first week in June (by God's grace)

It will end in praise.

Amen. I believe so too.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 6:28am On May 07, 2021
KRTL:
Isnt the sole aim to get PR...

What do you mean buy "using school to move"

The ‘final’ and not sole aim of a study permit for most people is to get PR, AFTER they’ve studied and gotten their qualifications. It’s a process.

However, I heard recently that some people actually use the study visa path to immigrate without actually studying. They get their visas, get to Canada and abandon their school and program! I was shocked.

No wonder VOs sometimes write in GCMS and refusal notes that they have concerns about an applicant being a bonafide student.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 7:16am On May 07, 2021
Cherukei2015:

Wow! How long did their application process take before you received the visa approval today?
Are you currently in Canada? or you applied from Nigeria.
I would love to apply for my children's study permit as soon as I receive mine by the grace of God.
But I am worried that they might refuse it or worse cancel one's study permit.

Do you mind if I email you directly for more info?

I would have submitted our application together, but some of his docs were not ready, hence his was submitted 2 days after mine. Am still in Nigeria, but hope to leave soon. My PPR came in on 12th April and his on 27th or 28th April.

Yea, you can actually apply alongside your children, all you need is a strong letter of explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Emmyzdon: 7:18am On May 07, 2021
Admin9:
PPR just landed!

Second time applicant, applied january 27th. Thanks all for your support. Make i go celebrate small first, i dey come grin

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Businesstools(m): 7:20am On May 07, 2021
Pinkey2021:

The ‘final’ and not sole aim of a study permit for most people is to get PR, AFTER they’ve studied and gotten their qualifications. It’s a process.

However, I heard recently that some people actually use the study visa path to immigrate without actually studying. They get their visas, get to Canada and abandon their school and program! I was shocked.

No wonder VOs sometimes write in GCMS and refusal notes that they have concerns about an applicant being a bonafide student.

That's Nigerians for you. We're some of the most selfish humans on earth. As long as we're good, it doesn't matter how our actions affect others.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by darey360(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2021
THANKS a lot for this , never knew this is possible cam a voters card be used also?
RELAN2446:

Guess you can use another identity card like drivers license, national identity card. Add birth certificate to it again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 7:39am On May 07, 2021
princejunaid:
Good morning fam
Please is the visa fee charged in US$ dollars or Canadian dollars.

Canadian dollars
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 7:41am On May 07, 2021
dyce101:
submitted my application April 27th
Deferred my admission to September
NSE request may 7th

But I want the normal route
Any suggestions please

Then ignore the NSE request after 30 days they will begin the process using the normal route

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2021
elenewton1:

Same here, I applied same date and just got NSE request today. Guys, please how do we respond to them that we are going through normal route?
Thanks in anticipation.

we gather Dey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2021
Gentledaf:

Then ignore the NSE request after 30 days they will begin the process using the normal route
Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 7:50am On May 07, 2021
Hello!

1) Please if a company where i currently work(like 6-7 months now...) is willing to sponsor me due to the better of the company and the actualization of my long term dream through my employer, can the employer use his personal account for bank statement of 10m naira or the company's of 10m, which is advisable? Don't mind me, am just finding Dory several options to aid me more convincing words to the VO.

2) And then if am using company as my sponsor, won't i include board of directors reference documents or officials of the company having knowing about the sponsor together with the M.D(my employer), even though it is his will, just to prove to the VO that some knows about the sponsorship, is that necessary please or only reference from the employer/M.D is needed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 7:55am On May 07, 2021
ozone00001:
Please urgent, can someone help me tackle this. Please urgent.

For the Usa visa refusal, I have sent mails of corrected once, they acknowledged the correction

Please help

I just got my gcms note, please

@frankrobbn1 @lekiboboe @justmellow please urgent

If you can’t write contract somebody to help you out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 7:55am On May 07, 2021
Dear Spectro,
Please what if I finished school in 2019 and due to the covid19, I've wasn't able to secure a job throughout 2020. What should I write? Fresh graduate or how will I put it. Though I've been doing some online businesses since then through my Facebook page.

Pls advice.

Spectro:
For those about to apply.

1. Write a solid SOP (Statement of Purpose). This document is very important. It should indicate the following.
- What you studied in a previous academic institution
- When you graduated
- What you did between graduation and now (were you working, where did you work, did you just graduate?)
- Please, don't write that you've been unemployed. You are either a recent graduate or have been gainfully employed.
- What course you want to study abroad
- Why you want to study that course
- Why you should not study that course here in Nigeria
- Why you opted for the Canadian University you chose
- Why you opted for Canada and not some other country
- How acquiring a degree from the Canadian University will help your situation in Nigeria.
- How acquiring a degree from the Canadian University will enable you to add value to Nigeria.
- How you will be a law-abiding visitor and good neighbor in Canada.
- What you intend to do when you return to Nigeria after your studies.
- Declaration of funds and its allocation; who is sponsoring, how will the fund be allocated (fees, transportation, accommodation), etc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 7:57am On May 07, 2021
dyce101:
we gather Dey

Can we chat privately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OyiBeeBee: 8:00am On May 07, 2021
@oyibo4real, please I sent you a PM.

oyibo4real:

Irony of life, am seriously working with/for that 7th, So help me God!

Anybody travelling on 7th May, Toronto precisely via Lufthansa Airline, let's hook up as travel buddies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Backcheck: 8:10am On May 07, 2021
Good morning to everyone!

Please I need an advice.

I have submitted my application since march, self sponsored. When I submitted I had no Job as I just concluded my NYSC, but had relevant job experience though.

Now I’ve got a really good job, should I update my application via webform notifying them of my new job? Is this necessary? Do I need to write a letter? If yes, what can the content be?

Previous study related to proposed study as well as the job.

Note: I dont think I can get any letter from the company yet as I haven’t even finished onboarding, but I have my offer letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 8:20am On May 07, 2021
Good morning house..

Please I have been having issues paying my 235cad application fee.. I’ve use three different cards.. GtB, zenith and Uba all declined. Please how can I handle this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Electroweb(m): 8:21am On May 07, 2021
bollybeejay:

Just write a new letter of explanation explaining the refusal and the actions previously made to correct that via webform, you can also use that avenue to tackle the other questions raised

Hello,
I was denied study permit last year. I want to reapply again this year. I will need a letter of explanation to address the reasons for denial. Haven gone through the list of documents to submit, I can only find one provision for Client information. Kindly advise how I will merge the Statement of Purpose and the Letter of Explanation.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ijeanwuli: 8:24am On May 07, 2021
Please is anyone travelling 13th of May
Luftansa/aircanada to Toronto. I'm looking for a travel buddy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 8:25am On May 07, 2021
onomss:
Good morning house..

Please I have been having issues paying my 235cad application fee.. I’ve use three different cards.. GtB, zenith and Uba all declined. Please how can I handle this

Look for someone that has dom USD debit card or abroad that can assist pay for you. Naira debit cards transaction limit is $100 USD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:27am On May 07, 2021
madamg:
Dear Spectro,
Please what if I finished school in 2019 and due to the covid19, I've wasn't able to secure a job throughout 2020. What should I write? Fresh graduate or how will I put it. Though I've been doing some online businesses since then through my Facebook page.

Pls advice.

This is 2021, that's about three years.

Oh well, if your online businesses legitimately bring in cash, and your bank statement can reflect that, put it in words.

If you were taking courses between 2019 and now, put it in words.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 8:31am On May 07, 2021
Onweke:

Look for someone that has dom USD debit card or abroad that can assist pay for you. Naira debit cards transaction limit is $100 USD.

Okay thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 8:42am On May 07, 2021
Backcheck:
Good morning to everyone!

Please I need an advice.

I have submitted my application since march, self sponsored. When I submitted I had no Job as I just concluded my NYSC, but had relevant job experience though.

Now I’ve got a really good job, should I update my application via webform notifying them of my new job? Is this necessary? Do I need to write a letter? If yes, what can the content be?

Previous study related to proposed study as well as the job.

Note: I dont think I can get any letter from the company yet as I haven’t even finished onboarding, but I have my offer letter.

I feel you should allow ur application flow..
Adding this new job may alter ur SOP and you could Never tell the level of your application ATM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 9:02am On May 07, 2021
Please I tried to get my friend in Canada to pay for me.. I gave her my login details and this was what popped up.. no option to continue application.. she logged out and I logged in from here same issue.. please how do I proceed to payment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 9:02am On May 07, 2021
Hello @oo1st, I’ve been trying to reply your emails for a while now but it keeps getting undelivered.

Could you perhaps drop your email here and quote me instead or reply to this?

So sorry, I’m not ignoring you or others who have tried to contact me via email, its just that I don’t know how these emails are supposed to work.

@Justwise pls how does this email of a thing work please? People have sent emails to me and I can’t seem to access them. And when I reply it keeps getting bounced back. Please help. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 9:07am On May 07, 2021
onomss:
Please I tried to get my friend in Canada to pay for me.. I gave her my login details and this was what popped up.. no option to continue application.. she logged out and I logged in from here same issue.. please how do I proceed to payment

Check on where it says ‘ONLINE APPLICATION’ the last tab there should have ‘Continue Application.” If it doesn’t, log out completely, wait for a few minutes and log back in. It’ll come up. This happened to me too a while back. It’s usually due to a system glitch.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 9:08am On May 07, 2021
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:09am On May 07, 2021
onomss:

Swipe your screen to the right and click on the underlined statement you will see.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OLUWABORI2000: 9:10am On May 07, 2021
Admin9:
PPR just landed!

Second time applicant, applied january 27th. Thanks all for your support. Make i go celebrate small first, i dey come grin

Congratulations to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:18am On May 07, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
@oyibo4real, please I sent you a PM.

Replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 9:18am On May 07, 2021
PLEASE I NEED URGENT HELP WITH A GIFT DEED FORMAT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.