Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (865577 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 3:37pm On May 07, 2021
nonyowen:
Guys please I need help o,
I have been trying to start an online study permit application but every time I sign in with the GCkey, it returns me back to the beginning rather proceed to the application page. Is anyone else experiencing this or just me?
Pleases kindly help as I'm trying to submit the application before 15th May. thanks

I don’t think it should refer you to the beginning if you choose to continue an ongoing application, and if it do, your data should be saved, you might just need to go through the questionnaire first before reaching where you worked last, your data should be saved.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 3:42pm On May 07, 2021
I submitted February 16th, eligibility is yet to start, still on background check.
dyce101:

When did you submit ur application and have they started reviewing ur eligibility

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 3:43pm On May 07, 2021
Oga na master, I doff my hat for the master

Baba you finish work for Chelum highway cool

Bless you always

Frankrobbn1:

Far too many times, prospective applicants applicants ask me questions relating to this topic.

In this post, I will carefully address the real issues and meaning behind "Recommend Interview". I hope every participant on this platform makes the most of the information below.

Kindly be advised that every immigration applications submitted to IRCC are reviewed by at least two levels of people:

1. Program Case Analyst:

Most of the time, it's the Program Case Analyst who does the initial R-10 check that often positions certain applications on "Recommend Interview". They review all information present on file and can only make recommendations as per the applicant's circumstance - i.e, recommended interview (RI), review required (RR), recommended refusal/eligibility failed (EF). The Program Case Analyst may also be able to refuse some ill-equipped applications due to poor documentation.

Reason for Recommend Interview;

The eligibility status - "Recommend Interview" is mostly common when the Program Case Analyst has certain concerns about the submission of the applicant for an immigration application to Canada.

This is largely due to some irregularities on the applicant's employment reference letter and inability to verify applicant's work experience, ineligible financial documents to cover for the applicant's proposed program and upkeep in Canada, and in some cases due to salaries being paid by cash at applicant's place of work.

2. Senior Immigration Officer

The Senior immigration officer (visa officer) will then review the notes and assessments of the program case analyst and make the final decision, this also includes whether or not an interview is required. If an interview is necessary to continue processing your application, the status would change to "interview required". However, since the inception of the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC have not been conducting interviews for prospective applicants both for work permit, spousal sponsorship, parents sponsorship and some other PR applications. In view of the foregoing, an immigration officer may disregard a recommended interview and subsequently grant an approval.

My observations;

I have reviewed several GCMS notes as of recent and in the past and I have come to understand that majority of applicant's with "Recommend Interview" as the current eligibility assessment on their GCMS notes are later in the visa process approved by the Senior Immigration Officer.

Although, in a few cases, some applications may be rejected due to the limited knowledge on the applicant's part to address the initial concerns. This also stems from the fact that the format is not clearly spelled out by the immigration authorities.

This is not much of a bother you know, i would recommend you check properly for the pre-assessment notes/comments which can be found on the page 2 or the last two pages of the Gcms notes.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry and future questions relating to the subject matter.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 3:44pm On May 07, 2021
January 15 applicant and I applied for gcm note early April . NSE route
Ade2303:

When did you submit your application?
When did you apply for your gcms note?
NSE/Normal route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 3:45pm On May 07, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
I submitted February 16th, eligibility is yet to start, still on background check.
I guess this is not your first application,

Cos I think most re-application’s eligibility takes a while to get updated, they might be reviewing it already.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fejiromich: 3:46pm On May 07, 2021
Hello house.... Please I need help.. Does anyone have a format for statement of net worth? Any template? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iffylove: 3:47pm On May 07, 2021
Ade2303:

If it’s only biometrics fee, you should be able to pay with your Nigerian Bank Debit Card since biometrics fee didn’t exceed the dollar spending limit of most of our debit cards here.

It will end in praise.
I have not yet submitted my application as it is still in progress, so I booked for biometric, I have the biometric appointment letter but no information on how I will make payment.. Please how do I go about it.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 3:48pm On May 07, 2021
Bobinho10:
January 15 applicant and I applied for gcm note early April . NSE route

May or September intake?

It would be good if you can share a screenshot of your gcms note here with your personal details removed.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mrkingz: 3:49pm On May 07, 2021
EmeeNaka:
does NSE request come to every Nigerian applicants? What determine who gets it?
And what should one file when it comes up?

My thoughts; your application gets reviewed (R-10)/ checks. And if the Program case analyst notes that you could qualify for the NIGERIAN NSE stream (based on the documents you submitted), you would be sent a REQUEST LETTER ..
In my case; I submitted my application with MBS but not with IELTS. but the request came in for me to submit IELTS under 30 days. I did, and it was instantly updated.

This is my own case scenario sha..
#MyOpinion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2021
ozone00001:
Please I just received this as a confirmation

Stating

RE: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Letter of Explanation 2 (Addressing Pre-Assessment on GCMS Note) - CONFIRMATION

Suspicious ke, meaning?

Please who has gotten this kind of mail before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 3:52pm On May 07, 2021
Iffylove:

I have not yet submitted my application as it is still in progress, so I booked for biometric, I have the biometric appointment letter but no information on how I will make payment.. Please how do I go about it.
Thank you.

You can pay in cash (not sure if they accept card) when you get to VFS.

Besides, you’re going for Biometrics when you’ve not submitted an application? I don’t know if that works,
Please await more inputs from the gurus.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 3:54pm On May 07, 2021
ozone00001:
Please I just received this as a confirmation

Stating

RE: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Letter of Explanation 2 (Addressing Pre-Assessment on GCMS Note) - CONFIRMATION

Suspicious ke, meaning?
As confirmation for what?

Please elaborate.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 3:56pm On May 07, 2021
Ade2303:

As confirmation for what?

Please elaborate.

It will end in praise.

I sent an email, and they sent that as confirmation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by drhammed: 3:56pm On May 07, 2021
Fully-funded MSc position at Queen's University, Canada.

Suitable for students with background (&interest) in civil engineering, hydrodynamics, wave mechanics, air-sea fluxes and related fields.

Please apply

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1390679653422145546?s=21

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 4:02pm On May 07, 2021
I'm also interested in this.
Kindly tag me if you get respinse. Thank you.
fejiromich:
Hello house.... Please I need help.. Does anyone have a format for statement of net worth? Any template? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 4:02pm On May 07, 2021
ozone00001:

I sent an email, and they sent that as confirmation
I think you need to brief the content of the email you sent and what you received.

Didn’t you include any link that could seem to be like a spam?

Besides, I think that’s an automated email not manually written, right?
I don’t think there should be any cause for alarm if you’ve not done anything wrong.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 4:06pm On May 07, 2021
I tried to pay via Form A, and I was told that I must provide an invoice of payment before they can process it. The school is telling me that I can't get an invoice because I haven't registered my courses and course registration for fall 2021 starts in June. I can't wait until June because I need to submit before the 15th of May.
The school is University of Manitoba.
Please has anyone been in this situation?

Please it's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 4:11pm On May 07, 2021
For folks who are currently having issues with submission of profile and documents on IRCC websitee, please note that IRCC recently put out a post that they're experiencing traffic on their website.

Guess the rush to meet up with May 15 is playing it part. Just keep trying.

In coming days we will have more applicant who will require assistance as per payment of 235 CAD application fee, please you all should be mindful of who you engage, CBN policy is affect transactions that can be done via NGN debit card and this is putting many of us at mouth of willd salt water crocodiles... Please open your eyes well.

5 years ban is becoming a norm due to charge back.... Please don't fall victim, USE VERIFY & TRUSTED PERSONS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mofolam: 4:27pm On May 07, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
My fellow Nairalanders:
Please, help me take a look at my timeline so far and tell me what you think:
February 8 - Submitted Normal Study Permit Application
February 17 - Received offer to apply through NSE
March 5 - Submitted NSE Application
March 16 - Completed upfront medicals
April 12- Medicals showed as passed on my portal
April 19 - Received BVL
April 21 - Was asked to submit Police Clearance
Certificate
April 21 - Submitted Police Clearance Certificate
May 5 - Received a 2nd BVL
I feel like my timeline is very weird, what could be the reason for this?
Why do I have 2 BVLs?
It may be weird but I think the odds are in your favor. If they were going to deny ur application they would have done that already, so expect ur ppr soon IMO.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jhyd0202: 4:40pm On May 07, 2021
Good day people, I applied through the Nigerian student express but I was required to go for my IELTS tests which I did but I could make over band 6 in all aspects which is their requirement. My question is can I submit the results that way since the days given is almost up and it won't be in my favour if I seat for another test now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 4:43pm On May 07, 2021
RELAN2446:

I ve submitted, buh i did not do upfront medical

Submitted mine April 27th and they sent me NSE request today, just chill till next week if they will send you NSE request

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 4:49pm On May 07, 2021
I shared it last week Friday.. it just reads recommend interview and pre assement stuff was blank.. May intake
Ade2303:

May or September intake?

It would be good if you can share a screenshot of your gcms note here with your personal details removed.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 5:01pm On May 07, 2021
Bobinho10:
I shared it last week Friday.. it just reads recommend interview and pre assement stuff was blank.. May intake

If it reads recommend interview, then I think you’re good, it should be in its final stage by now, and you should be expecting your BVL and PPR, because @Frankrobbn1 has made it clear that most applications that showed recommend interview got approved.

So keep calm and do enjoy the weekend.

You can defer your admission if it’s getting late.

It will surely end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Businesstools(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2021
Good evening all. Please, I want to know, what category of applicants are asked to go for IELTS? Or is it for everyone?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ruthbella(f): 5:18pm On May 07, 2021
What is delaying ircc from responding to applicants who applied through normal route. December applicants are yet to get visa approval from ircc.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 5:31pm On May 07, 2021
dyce101:

Submitted mine April 27th and they sent me NSE request today, just chill till next week if they will send you NSE request
they ve send nse since and i ve submitted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by phummy1821: 5:36pm On May 07, 2021
Hello house, today is the last day for registration for classes yet no response from IRCC although admission has been deferred and a new admission letter received. Pls should I upload the new admission letter via webform or just hold on till a decision is made.
phummy1821:
Hello, pls which company did you use? gcmsonline seems to take a long time. I am thinking of using getgcms, applied Jan 24,got and submitted NSE request 12th Feb , noticed eligibility started 3 weeks ago, no medical request till now although i have booked for upfront medical now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2021
Please can affidavit stand in place of birth certificate? Can’t find mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 6:05pm On May 07, 2021
Mike5102:
Good day Everyone, I’ve been been a silent reader here for sometime and honestly this platform has been very helpful. I’ve gotten my passport request for Canada and my program (MEng)is for September at the university of Newbrunswick. I want to travel in early July because I have plans of changing my institution when I get there and so I have already gotten admission into a college.Please @frankrobbn1, @Justmellow and anyone that can be of help, is it okay to travel by that time and do I need to pay my school fees in my former school because I’m scared I’ll be asked of them at the port of entry. Thanks

It's perfectly okay to travel in July. Although, your medicals should be valid before your arrival in Canada. You don't need to pay for your tuition fee to the former institution since you intend to change/transfer to another DLI within Canada. Should the immigration officer ask you whether you've paid for your tuition, you can explain to them that your school don't require you to pay tuition fees upfront until the first day to start of classes.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 6:10pm On May 07, 2021
Ruthbella:
What is delaying ircc from responding to applicants who applied through normal route. December applicants are yet to get visa approval from ircc.

I applied December 20
Got medical request March 26
Medical updated to pass April 15
Still waiting for PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
hoodboy:
Please can affidavit stand in place of birth certificate? Can’t find mine

Are you the principal applicant for the visa application? If yes, you don't require an affidavit to prove your age. Your original international passport is sufficient to cover for this purpose.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jhyd0202: 6:13pm On May 07, 2021
Jhyd0202:
Good day people, I applied through the Nigerian student express but I was required to go for my IELTS tests which I did but I could make over band 6 in all aspects which is their requirement. My question is can I submit the results that way since the days given is almost up and it won't be in my favour if I seat for another test now

Someone should pls reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.