Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,446 members, 7,954,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

God Heals Cancer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Heals Cancer. (192 Views)

SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT '' THANKING GOD HEALS '' / Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man - Trezzyhelm.com (Photos) / Olumba Olumba Obu Performs Rites In A River, Claims It Heals All Diseases. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Well I think I'll begin this post with a few statements.

1. There are highly intelligent people on both sides of the equation.
Both Christians, Muslims, Other Religious Followers, and Atheist are Doctors, Teachers, Scientists, E.T.C... it is absolutely wrong to assume a person to be foolish, based on their religious beliefs only.

2. Atheists DO NOT SHARE ANY OTHER ATTRIBUTE OTHER THAN A DISBELIEF IN GOD.
(Some believe in being bang, some don't.
Some believe in evolution some don't.
Some believe religion is entirely bad, some don't.
Some believe jesus lived(and was not God) some believe he didn't live at all,
The same way some are Manchester United fans and some are not.)
(Those who don't believe in big bang, or evolution, simply believe there is some other theory yet unknown. So they do not know yet.)

3. There is a God.
There is no God.
These statements are not mutually Exclusive. One must be wrong.
If we are going to argue at all. You need to create a room to accept the possibility that whichever opinion you in fact hold, Might be the wrong one.
Please just ignore the post if you can't do that. There is no point trying to convince someone, who has no room to accept that he/she might be wrong.
So now the post.
Re: God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
Photos

Re: God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
Photos

Re: God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
Now, we must first acknowledge;

1. Word of mouth, is not necessarily credible evidence. Whoever is speaking can be lieing, speaking a modified version of the truth, or speaking a truth he is falsely informed about.
(E.g The government official who claimed only 10 students(#kankara) were kidnapped, then later blamed this on false information).

2. Pictures can infact be manipulated as well.

Assuming they aren't manipulated, the picture's only indicate;
This individual had an abnormality in the mouth,
And
The abnormality is gone.

The remaining context, is provided by word of mouth.
The abnormality is Cancer.
The abnormality is stage four cancer (hence untreatable).
The healing was as a result of his prayer and fasting only.
No surgery was performed

#No medications administered.

-This was not said by this individual, but I am including it, because
If the case is otherwise, we might not have any problem believing this post. We'll simply attribute the healing to the medications(and other scientific possibilities), while you'll attribute it to Majorly the prayer and fasting (God's Intervention), but also to the medications as well(as vehicles of his intervention).

Now, there is every possibility that ANY of these claims might be untrue, and such,

Some people choose to believe each and every one of them.
Some others doubt some of them.

I would be talking about my take(and some atheists. Not all) on these issues. As like I said, you can't generalise.

So firstly, there is that this might be false;
Manipulated images, or there is an untruth, or omission, to the message he passed across.

There is also that this might be true.
He Only Prayed and Fasted, and was suddenly healed.

Now, the difference between you and I, is that while you say God did it. I say I do not have an explanation for it. Period.

It could be an undiscovered scientific phenomenom.

The placebo effect E
G.
A patient showing signs of recovery, based on belief he/she is getting better.
A patient feeling effects of a drug despite being administered water or other blanks.
E.t.c

If this phenomenom, was just attributed to Faith, and Religion. We would not have made progress.
But no, they scientifically studied it, and realised it affect everyone, regardless of religion or something else.

My point, this could infact have been as a result of a yet undiscovered scientific phenomenom.
I don't accept the belief that a God Did it. Thanks.

My posts are usually long shaa..
We'll, I'm going to attend service(not by choice) for two hours tomorrow, so this time is negligible in comparison.

Then other stuff like
Just by the way
1. Which God did it?. Why is a prayer to Vishnu also being allegedly answered right now somewhere in India, and probably also one to Allah somewhere in Saudi Arabia?

2. Why is healing diseases even something to be praised? Who created the diseases in the first place?

3. Why was this guys disease healed, but yet over 8 million people die annually from cancer, and over 1.65 million people have died from Covid. (Simply, why were other Prayers not answered).
Re: God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
... peace
Re: God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
Okay, this is also on Wikipedia

Spontaneous remission, also called spontaneous healing or spontaneous regression, is an unexpected improvement or cure from a disease that usually progresses. These terms are commonly used for unexpected transient or final improvements in cancer.
Re: God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
I think I can conclude this better

"My point, this could infact have been as a result of a yet undiscovered scientific phenomenom.
I don't accept the belief that a God Did it. Thanks."

It is infact a belief, that his prayer and fasting, lead to this.
This infact, can be a possibility,

But unless there is a way to generate evidence, that this is infact, the exact thing responsible for his healing.
Then I simply cannot accept it as the truth.
Thanks
Re: God Heals Cancer. by Golden6(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
Mo ya look away ..lol

(1) (Reply)

Pls / Merry Christmas / I See A Massive Peaceful Protest In The Nation Of Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.