Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:57 AM

What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? (16252 Views)

Santa Claus' Grave Is Found Under A Church In Turkey (photos) / Difference Between Xmas And Christmas / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by mrde(m): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2020
sulasa07:

Nothing the same way Jesus isn't born on Dec 25,it's a pagan practice that was revisioned.
Christianity is built on lies
What ever makes you sleep well at night bro�

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by thaoriginator: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
Boo3nity:

Broda wetin dem give you smoke last nite?
The effect still dey control your brains till now shaaa!
Go and do your research bro. Don't thank me later..
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by RoyalPearl(f): 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
sulasa07:

Nothing the same way Jesus isn't born on Dec 25,it's a pagan practice that was revisioned.
Christianity is built on lies
A lot of Africans will castigate you for this but it's good seeing there are still some woke people around. Slavery ended a long time ago but they made sure to enslave us mentally(With their Religions)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by DeOTR: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
jaeyking:

everytin we do should be to the Glory of God.

Internet was nt in the bible, it was created and individuals utilize it to the Glory of God.

So how does your internet story tally with the fact that Christians are adopting pagan practices and more worrisome, the fact that we are now seeing it as normal?
If you have to do anything to the glory of God, you must do it according to His own words, otherwise, you're on your own. Even Jesus will deny you on the judgement day.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by Octobertwentysix(f): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
[quote author=PopSmoke post=97246469]please Nigerian Christians , why are you all afraid to name your kids Jesus

MODIFIED. to the dumbos quoting me

I have seen south Americans bear the name Jesus eg Gabriel Jesus, Jesus Navas

so don't compare Jesus to Allah cos no one bears Allah in the whole world [/q
uote] But people bear Mohammed, no body bears God or Jehovah.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by sulasa07(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
aribisala0:
I am not a Christian but Christianity is not built on Christmas.

In Secondary school mathematics we were always admonished to "show your working"

By the way what is "pagan" and what is wrong with "pagan" practices

Why are pagan practices "lies"?
Pagan practices are not the lies,it's the Christian doctrine
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by ibuildstuff(m): 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
almarthins:

It was foretold in the bible that a time will come pple will no longer like to hear the truth. Some group of powerful roman catholic decided to change times and seasons under the pretence of christianity. 25th of decemeber is yuletide. Most christians are aware of this fact but they are turning blind just for the goodies n booties. Christianity demand sincerety and truth but most christians chose ignorance n lies
The whole Christianity thing is a lie sef.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by almarthins(m): 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
ibuildstuff:

The whole Christianity thing is a lie sef.

Then ur existence is also a lie. It is like witch or wizard saying there is no God. For sm of us that have seen the craft of a witch, i can tell you are lost.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by almarthins(m): 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
falopey:

You are ignorant like most on this trend. Look up Saint Nicholas on google. Santa Claus original name was Saint Nicholas.

Saint Nicholas was a Christian priest that loved children sharing them gifts many centuries ago. The same way that Saint Valentine existed who was the reason why valentine day was started because of his selfless service for couples.

Santa Claus is a distorted pronunciation of Saint Nicholas by toddlers or children that found it hard to pronounce the real name Saint Nicholas. Ask your one year old child to pronounce Saint Nicholas and listen to what it sounds like. Of course he won’t sound properly. Coincidentally, Santa also means “Saint “ in Spanish language.

Because children loved him for his gifts. The practice was made as a fun part of Christmas for children because children love Christmas.

Then 25th of december is for saint nicholas. Most children dont even know any thing other than christmas is for santa(sharing of gift). I think you re more ignorant than i am, when the reason for the season is about father christmas, not jesus christ. What good is in that?
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by almarthins(m): 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
sulasa07:

Pagan practices are not the lies,it's the Christian doctrine

Is like saying water is more sweeter than honey. You see say the person don drink high voltage alchohol. Wetin u no know, you no know.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by almarthins(m): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
RoyalPearl:
A lot of Africans will castigate you for this but it's good seeing there are still some woke people around. Slavery ended a long time ago but they made sure to enslave us mentally(With their Religions)

Na go dey blame white man for una failure. The problem wey we dey for nigeria now, na oyinbo put us there?

Jus because sm powerful pple who claimed to christian decide to make 25th of december the day they remember the birth of christ doesnt mean we all agree.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by ibuildstuff(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
almarthins:

Then ur existence is also a lie. It is like witch or wizard saying there is no God. For sm of us that have seen the craft of a witch, i can tell you are lost.
Ogbeni shut up na only for nairaland una dey make noice.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by femi4: 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
chatinent:
Of course, Jesus’ birth has nothing to do with Christmas. Meanwhile, what is the role of Father Christmas or Santa in Christianity?
Just to emphasize John 3:16 and encourage spirit of giving and sharing

For God so loved the World, that he GAVE
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by chatinent: 10:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
femi4:
Just to emphasize John 3:16 and encourage spirit of giving and sharing

For God so loved the World, that he GAVE

He also GAVE commandments.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by femi4: 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
chatinent:

He also GAVE commandments.
Oh, you want to compare commandments to his only BEGOTTEN son....smh

He GAVE his all, when he released Jesus to us
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by chatinent: 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
femi4:
Oh, you want to compare commandments to his only BEGOTTEN son....smh

Oh, were you comparing a pagan belief and practice with Jesus?
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by femi4: 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
chatinent:

Oh, were you comparing a pagan belief and practice with Jesus?
Get understanding,where did I mentioned pegan belief
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by chatinent: 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
femi4:
Get understanding,where did I mentioned pegan belief

You explained so not mention.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by femi4: 10:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
chatinent:

You explained so not mention.
You lack understanding of my explanation
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by Patozorinzo: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
jikins:

Who is no on? So many people believe this to be true. So many people have written songs stating it is true. There's even this popular Christmas carol that says as much.

And children, adults sing it with reckless abandon. So who is no on again? Children are being told this is day Jesus was born in schools and classes everywhere. Many people believe it to be so.

Know the difference between reality and ideology

"... this is day..." you should know that was a typo error. I don't have the time to waste arguing with you.
BTW what I meant was "no one"
peace
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by wildikeman(m): 12:18am On Dec 21, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Thank you! Was scrolling down with increasing frustration and disappointment, aghast that supposed Christians haven't heard of Saint Nicholas after whom Father Christman (Santa Claus) was named!

Some Christians haven't.. The Catholics believe in St Nicklaus and hence Santa Claus. But some other protestant churches attributes him to Satan.. Santa. Imagine.

And perhaps it's because of the how his story is being told from history to folklore
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by JERIZO(m): 1:57am On Dec 21, 2020
Santa is Oyibo Masquerade jare. It has nothing to do with Christianity

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by almarthins(m): 3:44am On Dec 21, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Ogbeni shut up na only for nairaland una dey make noice.

I am nt a nairaland warrior. The truth is bitter for pple like you. Any where anytime i can boldly tell anyone the truth, that is if you want hear it. Nigeria as a whole is country fill with lies and deceit perpetrated by both the leader and the lead.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by ibuildstuff(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2020
almarthins:

I am nt a nairaland warrior. The truth is bitter for pple like you. Any where anytime i can boldly tell anyone the truth, that is if you want hear it. Nigeria as a whole is country fill with lies and deceit perpetrated by both the leader and the lead.
And majority of Nigerians are just like u, what an irony.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by Chimasoka: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2020
Sis. DEBORAH ENECHE Powerful Ministeration At Shiloh 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC4CnPWJWVk
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by almarthins(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
ibuildstuff:

And majority of Nigerians are just like u, what an irony.

Well, it will shock you to know that i am nt a nigerian
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by ibuildstuff(m): 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
almarthins:

Well, it will shock you to know that i am nt a nigerian
I'm not shocked, secondly even if u are not a Nigerian, it doesn't change the fact that lots of Nigerians are just like u.
Probably why u a non Nigerian is active in a Nigeria forum.
Re: What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? by almarthins(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
ibuildstuff:

I'm not shocked, secondly even if u are not a Nigerian, it doesn't change the fact that lots of Nigerians are just like u.
Probably why u a non Nigerian is active in a Nigeria forum.

If u r from another tribe resident in a foreign land dont you make a point of duty to follow up on the activities of ur immediate environment?

Secondly, i am nt like you and ur fellow country men. It is only in this part of the world people see corruption as their right, police station is a business centre, people littering their own street with dead rats and all sort of used items, the drainage has bcom the best dumping chanel for all sort of plastics, polymer, baby pampers, kitchen waste etc yet they blame president for it. Nin reg that is going on, is now atm point for nimc staff. You have to pay 3500-6000 for it. They do it boldly without fear or respect for law. The problem of nigeria is nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Open Heavens Devotional / Breaking Of Family Covenant / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.